What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (8 Viewers)

Seriously Gordon doesn't really deserve a reduction.......he has violated the policy possibly 4 times and has been in the league two years,,If he gets 10 as reported he should count his blessings. Maybe this is the wake up call that is needed.,,He is 23 years old and still has a whole career and a truck load of money ahead of him....Stay clean Josh and you will be able to name your price one day.
i searched for your name in the wes welker thread and couldnt find any outrage there. not surprising. hes gritty, hard working, intelligent, and was proly tricked by his dealer anyway. it clearly wasnt his fault that he violated a policy. but that gordon guy, well we need to send him a message. he needs to learn his place and realize how lucky he is that we let him sacrifice his body for our entertainment. amirite?
No.

Damn, Mort was just on ESPN live and didn't specifically address Josh Gordon, but he did talk about immediate reinstatement being an issue and that teams were complaining that they are at a competitive disadvantage not having time to game plan this week for players being reinstated. He said he doesn't think they will play on Sunday. Speculated an agreement might be that they get their week 2 game checks but aren't actually reinstated until Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't get why his suspension would be reduced. He wouldn't have popped positive at all under the new policy. Should be erased entirely.

ETA: But I'll happily take 8 games.
Because he did "pop positive." The new policy wasn't in place then.

You can't go back in time. "I don't understand how she got pregnant; I bought condoms the day after we had sex. The pregnancy should never have happened."

If his suspension is reduced, he should just say "thank you." They could just as easily say "the suspensions already levied will remain in place."
Okay, but then why is Welker supposedly getting off?
Welker was popped for using amphetamines in the off-season, which under the existing policy was a PED violation which carries a suspension for the first violation.

Under the new system, reports are that amphetamine use during the season would still be a PED violation, but in the off season as Welker did would be treated as a substance abuse violation. So instead of being a first strike PED violation which carried a suspension, it would become a 1st strike substance abuse violation whose penalty is being put in the substance abuse program and getting tested more.
right. and gordon would have tested negative under the new rules.

its called double standards. ppl are ok with it bc they are racist. its really that simple.

I find it interesting under the new policy Welker still failed his test but gets his suspension totally overturned, yet Gordon passed his test under the new rules and will have to serve 10 games.

I still don't understand what the basis of suspending him 10 games is. Why ten? What information did they use to get that? Seems like he would pass the test with the new regulations, so either all or none.

I still don't understand what the basis of suspending him 10 games is. Why ten? What information did they use to get that? Seems like he would pass the test with the new regulations, so either all or none.
Some have speculated that there is a fourth offense out there.

But there is nothing official either.

Some have speculated that there is a fourth offense out there.

But there is nothing official either.
I feel like so many of these suspensions are just pulled out of a hat. There should be a written instruction for this kind of stuff that is black and white. Gordon and Welker. Suspended and Unsuspended. Oh wait...

Doesn't make sense. I only have him in one league so I don't really care but this is just dumb. I don't believe anything they say about 10 games. Suspension is upheld or it's gone. I've been wrong before but I still don't get this while thing.

Seriously Gordon doesn't really deserve a reduction.......he has violated the policy possibly 4 times and has been in the league two years,,If he gets 10 as reported he should count his blessings. Maybe this is the wake up call that is needed.,,He is 23 years old and still has a whole career and a truck load of money ahead of him....Stay clean Josh and you will be able to name your price one day.
i searched for your name in the wes welker thread and couldnt find any outrage there. not surprising. hes gritty, hard working, intelligent, and was proly tricked by his dealer anyway. it clearly wasnt his fault that he violated a policy. but that gordon guy, well we need to send him a message. he needs to learn his place and realize how lucky he is that we let him sacrifice his body for our entertainment. amirite?
I'm not in the welker thread because he violated the policy and was punished according to the bylaws almost immediately.....So great no problem....If you take a look around you will find I am not for retroactive reinstatement for anybody...I'm a firm believer in if you can't do the time don't do the crime.....What was your point again?

Oh yeah and by the way how many times did Welker violate the terms of the agreement,

Apparently the suspension is 10 quarters, not ten games.

Start him week 3 even though he's only playing the second half?

I'm not in the welker thread because he violated the policy and was punished according to the bylaws almost immediately.....So great no problem....If you take a look around you will find I am not for retroactive reinstatement for anybody...I'm a firm believer in if you can't do the time don't do the crime.....What was your point again?Oh yeah and by the way how many times did Welker violate the terms of the agreement,
More like I didn't get Gordon so I'm going to cry about it

I fully believed that the 10 games thing was incorrect, but Atallah's Twitter seems to pretty much confirm it. Oh well, it is what it is.

I fully believed that the 10 games thing was incorrect, but Atallah's Twitter seems to pretty much confirm it. Oh well, it is what it is.
There are numerous sources now coming out with ten games. Just a load of horse crap. This league makes zero sense, makes me wonder what they are gonna do with ADP

There are numerous sources now coming out with ten games. Just a load of horse crap. This league makes zero sense, makes me wonder what they are gonna do with ADP
Hopefully so much more.

Child abuse being, you know, way way worse than weed.

I'm not in the welker thread because he violated the policy and was punished according to the bylaws almost immediately.....So great no problem....If you take a look around you will find I am not for retroactive reinstatement for anybody...I'm a firm believer in if you can't do the time don't do the crime.....What was your point again?Oh yeah and by the way how many times did Welker violate the terms of the agreement,
More like I didn't get Gordon so I'm going to cry about it
Wrongo Dongo...

Hopefully so much more.

Well beating your wife is only worth 2 games.

I don't know I'd it's been mentioned, but I read a report from the AP speculating an extra 2 games if convicted of DUI. So this might be 12 games. On the bright side, should be back for the fantasy playoffs...that's something? Right? : yes:

I find it interesting under the new policy Welker still failed his test but gets his suspension totally overturned, yet Gordon passed his test under the new rules and will have to serve 10 games.
Welker got popped for ecstasy cut with amphetamines. Since amphetamines were considered a PED under the old policy, he was suspended under the PED protocols (i.e. first offense = 4 games). However, Welker was grandfathered in to the new policy which lists ecstasy (and amphetamines) as a substance of abuse and hence he's being disciplined under the substance of abuse protocols (i.e. first offense = no suspension).

Gordon was not grandfathered in to the new marijuana policy, since his last failed test occurred during the 2013 league year. However, they are applying the new discipline protocols to his case and hence his suspension is reduced from 16 games to 10.

Welker got popped for ecstasy cut with amphetamines. Since amphetamines were considered a PED under the old policy, he was suspended under the PED protocols (i.e. first offense = 4 games). However, Welker was grandfathered in to the new policy which lists ecstasy (and amphetamines) as a substance of abuse and hence he's being disciplined under the substance of abuse protocols (i.e. first offense = no suspension).

Gordon was not grandfathered in to the new marijuana policy, since his last failed test occurred during the 2013 league year. However, they are applying the new discipline protocols to his case and hence his suspension is reduced from 16 games to 10.
There is absolutely no place for facts in this thread...I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Hopefully so much more.

Actually, upon further review, an indefinite suspension and release from your team.

depends how much weed he smoked when he beat his son

With the AP news, I can't afford two dead roster spaces. Bye, bye Josh.
this is why it's difficult to sit and wait, stuff is going to happen to the rest of your roster, you need the roster spot you're using to stash Gordon.
Deal him to an owner that can afford to stash him for a RB
I don't have him anywhere because I don't want the dead roster spot. The owners that do have him a re not going to do that because they want to wait for the playoff pot of gold. Problem is what happens between now and then. It's going to take a specific action for them to make the drop/trade. They will need to be extremely lucky to be able to hold onto him and not run into other problems along the way.

I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe this issue has already been addressed. But why is the most recent test considered his 4th violation? The old policy dictated a yearlong suspension for a third violation. So isn't this his third? What did I miss?

Ian Rapport just said they are using the old tolerances to charge Gordon but the new drug suspension rules to suspended him. It's his 4th offense, 10 games in this case. Looks like the NFL picks and chooses what they want to follow. BS

Why is it ten yards to make a first down?

Ten is the rule under the new policy; that's how many games a player in Gordon's position is suspended for a positive test. (And the test is positive because it was conducted under the old policy.)

If you want to put it in terms of all or none, ten games is "all."

Doesn't make sense. I only have him in one league so I don't really care but this is just dumb. I don't believe anything they say about 10 games. Suspension is upheld or it's gone. I've been wrong before but I still don't get this while thing.
The one-year suspension he was handed down under the old policy is gone (or will be gone once a new agreement is reached). It will reportedly be replaced by a new 10-game suspension to be handed down under the new policy.

Ian Rapport just said they are using the old tolerances to charge Gordon but the new drug suspension rules to suspended him. It's his 4th offense, 10 games in this case. Looks like the NFL picks and chooses what they want to follow. BS
The new policy is retroactive back to the beginning of the league year, which is March 11, 2014.

That's not BS. That's perfectly sensible. In fact, it's quite favorable to the players.

Think about how rules are changed in your own fantasy leagues. They're usually not retroactive at all. They usually don't take effect until next year. But when they do take effect during the current year, they'll only be enforced back to the beginning of the year. They're not going to go back and change results from the previous year.

Gordon's positive test occurred during the previous year. His suspension was handed down this year. That's why they're not disturbing the test results, but are adjusting the length of the suspension.

Hopefully so much more.

No, under the new rules it is worth 6. But weed is still 10.

The new policy is retroactive back to the beginning of the league year, which is March 11, 2014.

That's not BS. That's perfectly sensible. In fact, it's quite favorable to the players.

Think about how rules are changed in your own fantasy leagues. They're usually not retroactive at all. They usually don't take effect until next year. But when they do take effect during the current year, they'll only be enforced back to the beginning of the year. They're not going to go back and change results from the previous year.

Gordon's positive test occurred during the previous year. His suspension was handed down this year. That's why they're not disturbing the test results, but are redoing the suspension.
Explain Ray Rice then.

But this is supposed to be Gordon's third violation. As determined by the punishment he was given under the old policy. Third violation = indefinite suspension, possible reinstatement after 1 year.

Explain Ray Rice then.
He seems to have a bad temper.
So you have no good answer...I understand...it makes no sense to me either.
What are you asking?

Ray Rice is not affected by the new drug policy. The new domestic violence policy -- like most policies -- is not retroactive.

If you're asking why he was punished twice for the same thing, I think that's a good question.
Ok, so it's not retroactive. That works. I have not read the new abuse policy. And yes, being punished twice for the same thing is a good question...the NFL has more black eyes to come from that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread