What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

Those anonymous reports... What they have to gain is laughing at us idiots (yes me including) that believe those reports. Then we end up posting Vince McMahon gifs, talk about how he's gonna beast, and talk about how everyone else are idiots for not believing in Gordon. We are being played by these anonymous reports.

I believe it. No Uber driver is going to be willing to risk their credibility unless they are sure it was Gordon in their car. 
He probably IS at the hotel. The reddit thread has some internet sleuthing that shows JG's most recent snapchat with him in a hotel room that matches the layout of the hotel in Cleveland near the stadium. This doesn't prove a damn thing about him being reinstated or what's next of course but it's something. 

Oh my, this is some good news after the devastating Cook and Carson injuries!  Just what I needed for my shell-shocked fantasy team.

Finally it seems like some substance to all the rumors.  The substance is just pictures of him in Cleveland, but that's much better than "My cousin knows a guy who knew a guy in rehab."

Let's keep the good vibes going!

greyhorse said:
Oh my, this is some good news after the devastating Cook and Carson injuries!  Just what I needed for my shell-shocked fantasy team.

Finally it seems like some substance to all the rumors.  The substance is just pictures of him in Cleveland, but that's much better than "My cousin knows a guy who knew a guy in rehab."

Let's keep the good vibes going!
I mean so he’s in Cleveland. What is that supposed to mean exactly?

I mean so he’s in Cleveland. What is that supposed to mean exactly?

he's been fairly quiet on social since he got out of rehab. he was typically fairly active in the past and my guess is that the silence was part of some conditional reinstatement: stay quiet, piss in this cup every couple hours for a couple weeks and we'll see where we're at.

the fact he's suddenly being pretty open about arriving in cleveland (along with some vague posts around here by some trusted members) leads me to think we're getting pretty close to hearing about a full reinstatement or getting some real news soon.

Does goodell have to let him back in the league? I feel like this is the hard part. Not him being in Cleveland 

Pro Football Talk reports Josh Gordon (suspended) has not applied for reinstatement.

Gordon is reportedly out of rehab, and there were rumors floating around last month he would get reinstated. He has yet to apply, however, and it is far from a guarantee he will gain clearance from the NFL even if he does. We continue to guess he will not play this season.

Source: Pro Football Talk

Oct 3 - 12:10 PM
What the F?  If this is indeed true, I think FINALLY I am getting off this train, and more importantly, I'm not hopping back on.

Is the press conference something that happens regularly on a weekly basis?  Or is this something different?

Is the press conference something that happens regularly on a weekly basis?  Or is this something different?
Teams have a regular day after presser, just the press talking to the coach and key players. I don't think it's formal. For instance the Saints will likely have one today.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the F?  If this is indeed true, I think FINALLY I am getting off this train, and more importantly, I'm not hopping back on.

Yeah.  This not even applied for reinstatement announcement is pretty much curtains for redraft impact.   

So is he just trolling us like all the other reddit people?

He hasn't even applied for reinstatement, Goodell took over two months last time to make a decision, fantasy regular season would be over.  And no way would I trust him in fantasy playoffs his first weeks back.

When his last app was denied, he was told he could not reapply until sometime in the fall.

So... That date just may not have arrived yet. All we knew was "fall".

Hold tight, amigos.

When his last app was denied, he was told he could not reapply until sometime in the fall.

So... That date just may not have arrived yet. All we knew was "fall".

Hold tight, amigos.

We are only a few days into October so not that far off but we did get reports that it was September.

Q&A with MKC in August excerpt posted below and link  here:http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/now_would_the_browns_welcome_j.html

Hey, Mary Kay: Is there any word on Josh Gordon if there is a reinstatement coming? If so, would he make the team? Chandler Beck, Columbus, Ohio

Hey, Chandler: I would imagine that Gordon has a decent chance to be reinstated considering the NFL gave him three more months to prove he can adhere to his program and not have any missteps. If he's been sober for a year with no failed tests, I think the NFL would be inclined to give him another chance. (He's eligible to re-apply in September). I would wholeheartedly agree with Roger Goodell letting him back in the league if he's been clean for a year. And I think the Browns would strongly consider letting him try to make a go of it if he's turned his life around.

Holy crap, there’s a rotoworld update & this topic somehow isn’t at the very top of the forum? :doh:  

how is that possible?!?  :shock:

Oct 3 - 7:20 PM

Josh Gordon - WR -  Browns

It remains unclear if the Browns would welcome suspended WR Josh Gordon back to the 53-man roster if he's reinstated.

Per the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the team has been "noncommittal" on the matter. Gordon can apply for reinstatement at any time. He checked out of rehab a week ago. It's unknown how the NFL might decide when/if Gordon applies for reinstatement. Gordon turned 26 in April. The Browns are ludicrously thin at receiver.

Source: Cleveland
eta: wow; dunno what happened wit that cut & paste. Sorry. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Slow news day in the NFL huh?
It’s like Norm MacDonald is writing for rotoworld now. 

“He’s out of rehab. We dunno if he’s applied. We dunno if the browns want him. We dunno how the NFL would handle it if he applies. There it is, that’s the update. It’s good huh?” 

The fact that he hasn't reapplied is pretty scary. I think that the NFL would reinstate him if he is clean, either way... he doesn't benefit at all by waiting to apply, unless... he's waiting for his system to be clean. 

knowledge dropper said:
IMO the Browns don't want him after he bailed last season on them.  
That was totally my impression as well. Specifically their coach, who went above & beyond and out of his way to go to bat with the league for him to get him reinstated last time.

which uh, didn’t work out so good. :doh:  

In my experience, people who put their reputations on the line for other people 1. Don’t enjoy egg on their faces, 2. Don’t often do it twice.

Users who are viewing this thread