What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (9 Viewers)

i'm eating all this up, Hue is feeding this thread all week..... starting over coleman and d jax this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hue Jackson said Browns WR Josh Gordon will start Sunday vs Chargers.

- Adam Schefter
Rotoworld take:

Browns coach Hue Jackson said Josh Gordon will start in his 2017 debut this weekend.

Gordon will be playing in his first regular season game since Dec. 21, 2014. He did play in the 2016 preseason. Still only 26, Gordon has youth and freak athleticism on his side as he returns from his nearly three-year layoff. He will obviously be rusty against the Chargers' Casey Hayward-led secondary, and not ready for a full complement of snaps. Corey Coleman should lead the receiver corps in targets. Gordon is best treated as a "mystery" WR4.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter 

Nov 30 - 1:32 PM

I step away for 30 minutes and have no idea whats going on.
SUMMARY: WheelsUp lost his mind and hurled about 3 paragraphs of profanity laced insults directly at JB.

I never understood why people get so worked up over things like magic football.  But there is a lot of anger in the world, seems like more nowadays but maybe not, and the internet is an ideal vehicle for venting.

WheelsUp didnt get banned, did he? Whatd he do? 

He clearly took issue w my Gordonism, but he seemed cool enough 
Yeah he seemed cool enough with his responses.  Then he lost his cool. He took issue that Joe called him out on his posts and felt he didn't deserve to be.  He then took some shots at Joe's personal life and basically asked to be banned.  

OK, that was quick.

So tell me more about the Chargers CBs. They're pretty good, right?

Rotoworld:

Chargers CB Casey Hayward (calf, personal) didn't practice on Wednesday.

We're not worried yet as Hayward played all 55 snaps in last week's win at Dallas. He's taking a personal day to deal with a family situation. Hayward holds PFF's top grade out of 119 qualifiers at cornerback this season.

Source: Los Angeles Chargers on Twitter 

Nov 29 - 6:33 PM

Maybe so but that's a broad brush that includes everything from heroin to gambling.  From homeless junkies thrown into county lock-up and forced to clean out their systems to people with resources and strong support groups. From Cris Carter to Justin Blackmon.

It's like BMI, it may apply in the broadest sense to populations but it means nothing if we're talking about Maruice Jones-Drew.
 Actually no, the percentage I was referring to was primarily for alcoholism. Heroin is slightly higher, marijuana is not considered an addictive substance. Opioids are up there with heroin.

BTW the personal situation with Hayward was this brother died in a car accident.  Which to me is not as minor as most personal days nor should be glossed over as he's sure to play. Lynn even said he was not sure.

I almost hate to post this because I don't want to come off as being happy as a Gordon owner that Hayward may not play due to the circumstances,  just relaying what I know.

Rotoworld:

Chargers CB Casey Hayward (calf, personal) didn't practice on Wednesday.

We're not worried yet as Hayward played all 55 snaps in last week's win at Dallas. He's taking a personal day to deal with a family situation. Hayward holds PFF's top grade out of 119 qualifiers at cornerback this season.

Source: Los Angeles Chargers on Twitter 

Nov 29 - 6:33 PM
Edited 12 minutes ago by Faust
This is my only concern with Gordon this week.  Hayward's little brother died in a car accident, so he went home to be with his family.  The timing of his return and mental state may impact Gordon's stats for Sunday.

BTW the personal situation with Hayward was this brother died in a car accident.  Which to me is not as minor as most personal days nor should be glossed over as he's sure to play. Lynn even said he was not sure.

I almost hate to post this because I don't want to come off as being happy as a Gordon owner that Hayward may not play due to the circumstances,  just relaying what I know.
:goodposting:

Agreed it's a complex dynamic. Few addicts have the support Gordon has. Few addicts have the financial incentives to stay sober as well. Although it's not unprecedented. On the flip side, few addicts are presented with the temptations and opportunities to get back off track as Gordon. It's the blessing / curse of money sometimes. 

Pulling for him. 
Not to mention the scrutiny & pressure. Both huge influencing factors IMO. 

I work next to a vendor at my farmers markets who’s 40 years clean & we’ve discussed this subject a lot. There’s so much that goes into addiction & recovery. 

I definitely didn’t mean to oversimplify things. 

I too am rooting for Gordon to stay clean, regardless of our magical football teams. 

I don't know man. I played my best basketball when I was in that sweet spot. I called it "Basketball High".  It's like really really high, but not too high. I was unguardable. 
Unguardable... In your mind. Haha.

@RapSheet 22m22 minutes ago

The #Browns activated WR Josh Gordon from the Commissioner’s Exempt list — he’ll play Sunday. They waived DB Justin Currie to make room.

It is now, 100% OFFICIAL.

Bodog has the over/under on Josh Gordon’s yards this week at 39.5 and on his receptions you can either bet over 3 receptions or under 3 receptions.

Truly believe the Browns weapons in passing game is pretty solid now.  If Kizer can get close to Gordon he will come down with it.  Dude is a freak.

Corey Coleman is no slouch and Duke Johnson coming out of the backfield.  If they had a a slinger back there the offense would be pretty potent

Vegas expected points for the Browns this week is 14.5 - not leaving a lot of room for Browns players to score in this game.

@RapSheet 22m22 minutes ago

The #Browns activated WR Josh Gordon from the Commissioner’s Exempt list — he’ll play Sunday. They waived DB Justin Currie to make room.

It is now, 100% OFFICIAL.
So now a guy is out of the league and can't feed his family because of Josh Gordon. You just made me like him a lot less.  :rant:

p.s. Yes that was a joke.....

Faust said:
Bodog has the over/under on Josh Gordon’s yards this week at 39.5 and on his receptions you can either bet over 3 receptions or under 3 receptions.
Wow. Those lines look tasty as fook

Faust said:
Do you guys have much experience with Bodog on these type of bets? I've always wondered how good their guys are at predicting individual players like this. In essence, this kind of oddsmaking is basically fantasy football. 

FWIW, it's Thursday night and these always change but we currently have him at 3 catches and 40 yards. Maybe Bodog gets their lines from us... ;)

Do you guys have much experience with Bodog on these type of bets? I've always wondered how good their guys are at predicting individual players like this. In essence, this kind of oddsmaking is basically fantasy football. 
@Joe 8ryant - I am not much of a gambler, but I have a healthy respect for the statistical prowess that Vegas employs with their sports books and betting operations. Prop Bets are a little more of a wildcard for betting; however, I found my mind wondering what the prop bets would say about the expectations Vegas had for Josh Gordon's return to football.  

I had a tough call this week at my final WR spot - Dez Bryant or swing for the fences with Josh Gordon. The Vegas yardage over/under expectations were helpful, along with the FBG projections (which were essentially in the same ballpark for both players).

@Joe 8ryant - I am not much of a gambler, but I have a healthy respect for the statistical prowess that Vegas employs with their sports books and betting operations. Prop Bets are a little more of a wildcard for betting; however, I found my mind wondering what the prop bets would say about the expectations Vegas had for Josh Gordon's return to football.  

I had a tough call this week at my final WR spot - Dez Bryant or swing for the fences with Josh Gordon. The Vegas yardage over/under expectations were helpful, along with the FBG projections (which were essentially in the same ballpark for both players).
So did you go with Vegas and the experts OR did you go with some dude named Soulfly?

So did you go with Vegas and the experts OR did you go with some dude named Soulfly?
I almost went with the Josh Gordon mojo hurricane that @Soulfly3 brings with the intensity of 1,000 super nova suns on this subject; however, I cracked at the last minute and went with Dez Bryant even with the lacklustre performances Dez has had the last several weeks.

Despite all of the logic telling me that I made the right call - I still think that Josh Gordon can prove all of the doubters wrong with the transcendent talent that he has.

Users who are viewing this thread