What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (8 Viewers)

Man, this is a clear example of the universe trying to tempt me.

Marshawn @ Miami where it's gonna be 80 degrees with 80% humidity. He is in my lineup now. I checked, that is the forecast (could be 77 & 77%).

Alfred Morris @ KC = No

Chris Carson vs Dallas = Hard No!

Mike Williams @ Rams = Maybeish?

Jimmy Graham @ Washington.  A legit option but who knows which GB receiver(s) are going to have a good day?

Tyler Lockett vs Dallas also a legit option, I just wish he had received more targets earlier in the games week 1 & 2. He salvaged each game late.

Then there is Josh...

What's the old saying about Temptation? It leads to exclusively awesome outcomes. That's it, right?

Right?
I'd be all over Jimmy Graham against Washington. 

Bovada has the over/unders for rest of the season for Gordon at 640.5 yards and 9.5 games played.  Those of you who are confident on one side or the other should get some money down.

Man, this is a clear example of the universe trying to tempt me.

Marshawn @ Miami where it's gonna be 80 degrees with 80% humidity. He is in my lineup now. I checked, that is the forecast (could be 77 & 77%).

Alfred Morris @ KC = No

Chris Carson vs Dallas = Hard No!

Mike Williams @ Rams = Maybeish?

Jimmy Graham @ Washington.  A legit option but who knows which GB receiver(s) are going to have a good day?

Tyler Lockett vs Dallas also a legit option, I just wish he had received more targets earlier in the games week 1 & 2. He salvaged each game late.

Then there is Josh...

What's the old saying about Temptation? It leads to exclusively awesome outcomes. That's it, right?

Right?
I hope your playing in an 18 team start two qb league with those position players

I hope your playing in an 18 team start two qb league with those position players
Really BnB? Really? A poster of your caliber going with the "Gee, I wish I played in your league." shtick?

Okay, pretty sure you're joking, but just in case 12 team, PPR, super-flex, WR/TE combined 16 round, 9 starter redraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are seriously considering playing Gordon this week?  There is zero chance he's learned the offense yet.  At most he'll be in for 8-10 plays.  Guess he could get 4-6 TD's on those plays.

He has nice potential, but playing him this week is absolutely crazy.

People are seriously considering playing Gordon this week?  There is zero chance he's learned the offense yet.  At most he'll be in for 8-10 plays.  Guess he could get 4-6 TD's on those plays.

It's like that Michael Mann guy from Penn State. There's shtick in our game no matter how serious. 

And we're still gonna win!  

I'd be shocked if he saw less than 30 snaps. Maybe only 4-5 targets, but just having him on the field as a decoy will be helpful for the offense as a whole.

I'd be shocked if he saw less than 30 snaps. Maybe only 4-5 targets, but just having him on the field as a decoy will be helpful for the offense as a whole.
anything is possible. probably 50/50 whether he's even active for the game.  Counting on 30 snaps is nuts IMO. I've been wrong before though.

anything is possible. probably 50/50 whether he's even active for the game.  Counting on 30 snaps is nuts IMO. I've been wrong before though.
Thirty snaps is upward of insanity, but the Browns ran him out there for 69 snaps in the first game. 

I'd think somewhere between twenty-five and thirty-five snaps to get him acclimated, though who knows? This is the ultimate crapshoot, shtick aside. It's Gordon, Brady, The Hoodie, and his playbook. But if you're like a gambler that gambles to get action and you like a rush rather than win expected value, then you do this as an FF guy. Just don't do it big money. 

Really, I'd watch the wire for acitve/inactive status and have Dorsett on speed dial if he's not claimed in your leeg.  

Really BnB? Really? A poster of your caliber going with the "Gee, I wish I played in your league." shtick?

Okay, pretty sure you're joking, but just in case 12 team, PPR, super-flex, WR/TE combined 16 round, 9 starter redraft.
Yeah, I was was just yanking your chain gb.

New #Patriots WR Josh Gordon (hamstring) is no sure thing to play tonight, sources say. He’ll have to test his hamstring pre-game and the team is preparing for scenarios without him on the field, as well as one with him playing. Clear they aren’t 100% counting on it.

Ultimate BB :lol:

Imagine thinking he doesn't love hia new toy....? He gets to do this kinda stuff

I finished buying that hamstring story a week ago
It can be hurt and still not show up on a MRI. I don't think he lied about the hamstring. Lying would be a step towards relapse. I simply think he tweaked it.  Nutrition, hydration, stretching - there are a bunch of things he could have been doing wrong in Cleveland that they will correct in NE.

Yeah, he's just flat out of my lineups as Dorsett is nowhere near the waiver wire.  

eta* ...and there is Dorsett on my waiver wire in my Mainer. Back in.  

New #Patriots WR Josh Gordon (hamstring) is no sure thing to play tonight, sources say. He’ll have to test his hamstring pre-game and the team is preparing for scenarios without him on the field, as well as one with him playing. Clear they aren’t 100% counting on it.

Ultimate BB :lol:

Imagine thinking he doesn't love hia new toy....? He gets to do this kinda stuff
Brady reportedly said Gordon wasn’t picking up the playbook. 

Pretty risky week to start him, IMO.

if he plays he might be a decoy - which Hoodie has done often. 

I would be weary.    :shrug:

Us east coast viewers are pretty much always weary by the end of SNF, since we have to get up 4-5 hours later.

You west coasters are fortunate to find such weariness sufficiently infrequent to be worthy of comment.

:P
Wait...is that....time travel? Omg, you’re a wizard! 

Post the score for me when you get to the end of the game so I can finally beat Vegas!   :pickle:

Brady said that no where. 
It was eluded to, apparently. He said it in true Patriots fashion, that he’s “eager to learn” but that it’s a complex playbook. And he’s not likely to have a big role.

google is a thing, you know. ? 

This, from Bleacher Report write-up pf an ESPN interview:

"Look, he's been here for a few days, so we're working at it every day, and every day you try to make improvements," Brady said, according to ESPN.com's Mike Reiss. 

Brady, who added that Gordon is "really eager to get in there and learn everything," cautioned Gordon may not play a particularly big role if he's active Sunday night against the Detroit Lions. 

"It's up to the coaches to decide those things," Brady said. "You could limit the number of plays and try to do that, and I think we've done that plenty of times. That's any time you get new players, that's what you try to do."

Brady said exactly that, but a day later the Hoodie and Brady changed their tone just a little. 

I'd expect exactly what was alluded to up top, which is a limited playbook and limited plays. It's what you bet Gordon can do with them given his hamstring and elite status as a WR. I might have to start Cole in my main league.  

Brady said exactly that, but a day later the Hoodie and Brady changed their tone just a little. 

I'd expect exactly what was alluded to up top, which is a limited playbook and limited plays. It's what you bet Gordon can do with them given his hamstring and elite status as a WR. I might have to start Cole in my main league.  
I would do that 100 times out of 100.

this is the ultimate wait & see player & game. Gordon owners have waited what, 4 seasons to see what he can do? 

One more game wouldn’t seem to hurt. 

I just checked both my leagues. He’s on the bench in both, for whatever that’s worth. Seems like the smart play to me, but what do I know - maybe this is Hoodie faking everyone out & he completely redesigned the entire gameplan around making sure Josh Gordon sees 25 targets. 

I would do that 100 times out of 100.

this is the ultimate wait & see player & game. Gordon owners have waited what, 4 seasons to see what he can do? 

One more game wouldn’t seem to hurt. 

I just checked both my leagues. He’s on the bench in both, for whatever that’s worth. Seems like the smart play to me, but what do I know - maybe this is Hoodie faking everyone out & he completely redesigned the entire gameplan around making sure Josh Gordon sees 25 targets. 
I probably will regarding the first bolded sentence.

Regarding the second bolded phrase, If Hogan is good to go, I would expect Gordon to be worked in slowly, frankly. It's nice to see that Gordon is eager to learn and learning the playbook. Belichick doesn't care about us fantasy guys in Wk 3; Gordon is part of a team now.  

everyone does.
;)  

anyways, there is NO benefit to BB releasing his status tonight. he's a monster, and why help DET plan?

If he's active, he's in. No question
  :rolleyes:

c’mon dude - there’s like, a zillion questions. 

Like, does he know the playbook, how’s the hammy? or, will he be targeted? 

Those seem like pretty important questions.   :shrug:

@JasonLaCanfora 

Bill Belichick will finalize the status of Josh Gordon later today. He made a strong initial impression with coaches. Eager to learn the system. Many there believe he could contribute vs. Lions tonite despite just arriving a few days ago

hmmmm, legit sources speaking legit tings.

@JasonLaCanfora 

Bill Belichick will finalize the status of Josh Gordon later today. He made a strong initial impression with coaches. Eager to learn the system. Many there believe he could contribute vs. Lions tonite despite just arriving a few days ago

Thanks for the info.  

@JasonLaCanfora 

Legit sources speaking in completely vague terms.

• eager to learn

• many believe 

• could controbute

these are not “legit” - it’s idle speculation, and noncommittal at that. 

And this is the Patriots. The team that listed Deion Branch as “questionable, knee” weekly for 3 months after he had ACL reconstruction. Yes, I would always take their speculative reporting as gospel.   :doh:  

I’ve offered the best advice I’ve got. Good luck Gordon owners.   :thumbup:

And this is the Patriots. The team that listed Deion Branch as “questionable, knee” weekly for 3 months after he had ACL reconstruction. 
Ay de mi. I knew it was bad; I didn't know that story.  

I told people that The Hoodie values information like nobody. The NFL changed its reporting rules because of him. 

Be vary wary. 

Gordon, as BnB and jvdesigns pointed out, is a nightmare fantasy own in NE.  

Source please. 
I posted it. 
I don't see any source.  I checked your recent posts and I don't see it.

Just tell me again, who said that Tom Brady SAID that Josh Gordon was not picking up the playbook? 

What was your source?  

Because I can't see Tom Brady ever talking about another team mate like that.  At least not since he has been in the league....

Nevermind a team mate that currently has his locker right next to his and who may or may not also be living with Tom at his home this season.

I read what you posted, but what you posted didn't say JG was having any trouble picking up the offense.  It said he needed to learn the offense and the Patriots were treating him like any other player that has come in like this before - starting him with packets of plays.  

It is one thing to think a player is going to do well or not do well.  It is another to fabricate quotes to make yourself look better in your opinion.  That has nothing to do with Josh Gordon.  

At least the Hoodie and Brady might keep him on the field. Better that than going to Jerruh in Dallas like Gordon wanted. Oof.  

so only negative reports are legit. 

got it
Look dude, I get that you’re jazzed that Gordon is a Pat.

if I had shares, I’d be jazzed too. 

But this ain’t the week to be jazzed. This is the week to be cautious. It’s a Sunday night game, a week after his acquisition & he’s coming off a hammy. The Pats are notorious for poorly reporting injury or player expectations so anythjng you read about them from any source is nothing but speculation. 

Maybe be cautious - bench him for a game. See what happens. Maybe he’s targeted, maybe not. Next week is a brand new week. From there, get jazzed. 

I’ve got no dog in this race. Just offering words of caution about this game. 

Per Roto:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Josh Gordon (questionable, hamstring) is "no sure thing" to play Week 3 against the Lions.

Advice: Gordon got in a limited week of practice but remains a game-time decision coming off a hamstring injury. Per Rapsheet, New England is "preparing for scenarios without him on the field." If Gordon is unable to make his Patriots debut in Week 3, more work will fall on the shoulders of Rob Gronkowski and Chris Hogan.

Users who are viewing this thread