What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (14 Viewers)

I don't see any source.  I checked your recent posts and I don't see it.

Just tell me again, who said that Tom Brady SAID that Josh Gordon was not picking up the playbook? 

What was your source?  

Because I can't see Tom Brady ever talking about another team mate like that.  At least not since he has been in the league....

Nevermind a team mate that currently has his locker right next to his and who may or may not also be living with Tom at his home this season.

I read what you posted, but what you posted didn't say JG was having any trouble picking up the offense.  It said he needed to learn the offense and the Patriots were treating him like any other player that has come in like this before - starting him with packets of plays.  

It is one thing to think a player is going to do well or not do well.  It is another to fabricate quotes to make yourself look better in your opinion.  That has nothing to do with Josh Gordon.  
I didn’t fabricate anything.   :rolleyes:

It was an ESPN interview & Brady said it back-handedly.

dont accuse me of making things up - I posted the interview. I believe it was Rotoworld who “read between the lines” about Brady’s comments.

the info is there - Brady was polite about it. 

Welcome to ignore.  

I didn’t fabricate anything.   :rolleyes:

It was an ESPN interview & Brady said it back-handedly.

dont accuse me of making things up - I posted the interview. I believe it was Rotoworld who “read between the lines” about Brady’s comments.

the info is there - Brady was polite about it. 

Welcome to ignore.  
Yeah, I am sure if Tom Brady said on ESPN that Josh Gordon wasn't picking up the playbook (after less than a week) it would not be headlines everywhere.  

You posted the same interview everyone else watched where Tom Brady gave standard answers to standard questions.  What is "between the lines" is called speculation.  

Yeah, I am sure if Tom Brady said on ESPN that Josh Gordon wasn't picking up the playbook (after less than a week) it would not be headlines everywhere.  

You posted the same interview everyone else watched where Tom Brady gave standard answers to standard questions.  What is "between the lines" is called speculation.  
Don't do this. We have enough idiocy going on about Gordon from both sides. We don't need more of it.  

I know this week is risky to start him.

I'm not advising anyone to do so. They can do what they want.

I'm 2-0, and in a tough battle this week w another 2-0 team.. Still starting him if he's active.

I get what fantasy is, but I also like the rush and fun factor. I dont do this as a source of income, I do it to make the NFL more enjoyable.

He went to the best team to unleash his beastly potential and the worst team for us ff players as far as letting us know his injury and playing status. The best and worst all in one team. 

I'm 2-0, and in a tough battle this week w another 2-0 team.. Still starting him if he's active.

I get what fantasy is, but I also like the rush and fun factor. I dont do this as a source of income, I do it to make the NFL more enjoyable.
Same here. Exactly. I just want the actual rush and not an inactive. There's no rush in that.    

“From a football standpoint, I really like the move," he said this week. "With his size, speed, and the things he can do, you don’t get this type of talent come around very often. I compared him to the Randy Moss guys I’ve seen, with this type of talent. Odell Beckham. Julio Jones. These are really special guys. If he has any chance to redeem himself, I think he’s in a perfect situation because the Patriots provide stability. The Browns never provided stability, no matter what they tried to do. When you’re losing and you have different quarterbacks and head coaches, and different general managers, you can’t provide stability to a kid that needs help. I think the fact he’s coming to the Patriots, with Bill Belichick’s reputation and Tom Brady and the stability within the program, that’s a big help. He doesn’t have to come in right away and be the guy, he can be one of those guys. For so long, they’ve wanted him to be that guy, and a lot of kids can’t handle that type of pressure.

"I would say this, if he can’t survive under Belichick, Brady and what Mr. Kraft brings, then I think his career is over. So it’s all or nothing for him."

- Rodney Harrison, ESPN

The Pats should win no problem tonight. Should. It would be terribly embarrassing for them to lose to DET because their receiving corps sucked again, especially if Josh Gordon stood on the sidelines ready to contribute in some capacity. Granted the Jags D is top notch, DET not so much, but you better believe BB would much rather be 2-1 than 1-2 after 3 weeks.

I think he plays, albeit on a limited basis, and he gets some targets. Baby steps at first, ease him in, and maybe he makes a big play or two. Not counting on too much from him this week but I expect his role to increase. May play him in my fun leagues if he's active, but I have Dorsett ready to go if he isn't.

95% chance he's done if it doesn't work in NE
 Again, I agree, but  I would put it at 99%. And I just can’t imagine who would want to give him a chance if he blows this chance. 

But then again, there’s also a range of reasons for why it may not work out. If it’s purely injury, I could see a scenario where someone else would take a shot. 

Anything else and it’s probably 100%. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Some people like being kicked in the nuts for enjoyment too...just saying.

Ay de mi. I knew it was bad; I didn't know that story.  

I told people that The Hoodie values information like nobody. The NFL changed its reporting rules because of him. 

Be vary wary. 

Gordon, as BnB and jvdesigns pointed out, is a nightmare fantasy own in NE.  
If he gets on the field tonight at all then this is the only week he is a nightmare to own in New England. After that he's an auto start.

Now if he doesn't play it's another week of this B.S.

Brady said exactly that, but a day later the Hoodie and Brady changed their tone just a little. 

I'd expect exactly what was alluded to up top, which is a limited playbook and limited plays. It's what you bet Gordon can do with them given his hamstring and elite status as a WR. I might have to start Cole in my main league.  
I’m starting DeDe Westbrook over him at flex in my redraft. I’m giving up upside of course but it’s just too risky to start him this week. I doubt he has a huge game given all the circumstances anyway but him catching a 60 yard TD isn’t out of the question.

sometimes the “best” decision doesn’t always work out but for this week benching him seems like the right thing to do.

I’m starting DeDe Westbrook over him at flex in my redraft. I’m giving up upside of course but it’s just too risky to start him this week. I doubt he has a huge game given all the circumstances anyway but him catching a 60 yard TD isn’t out of the question.

sometimes the “best” decision doesn’t always work out but for this week benching him seems like the right thing to do.
There’s definitely cause to be cautious this week. 

I could see starting him as a “Hail Mary” if you’re down big, if he is playing, and if it’s him vs an equally risky option. 

But given the nature of the Pats it’s so hard to trust their reporting, injury reports or literally any information coming from the team or peripheral media types - and it’s a night game with a guy coming off a hammy and 1 week into learning what I understand from many to be a pretty complex playbook. 

Despite my less than optimistic posts, I am hoping Josh Gordon becomes a good story in New England. I am actively rooting for it. He’s apparently stayed sober, and he’s in a situation that could work out to be a remarkable redemption story. And let’s be honest, he’s fun to watch. At least in his one amazing season. So I’m hoping the excitement every Josh Gordon owner has proves to be well founded. 

i just don’t think it’ll be this week. ;)  

I’m in the same boat starting Dede and ekeler over him. I lost ajayi, fournette, delanie in a 16 teamer- so I can’t afford a zero from another position. In 16 team leagues, total points play a huge factor. I’m already counting on losing this week with my b-squad, so I’m just starting players that I think will get me around 10 fantasy pts. 

I’m in the same boat starting Dede and ekeler over him. I lost ajayi, fournette, delanie in a 16 teamer- so I can’t afford a zero from another position. In 16 team leagues, total points play a huge factor. I’m already counting on losing this week with my b-squad, so I’m just starting players that I think will get me around 10 fantasy pts. 
Yup.  Tentatively starting Goodwin over him.  Goodwin might not even make it through the first quarter, but with NE being the night game, Gordon might not even be active, and then I'm screwed.  Will gladly hope Gordon blows up on my bench, so I can lock him for the season.  fingers crossed

If this wasn’t a Sunday night game, that’s almost exactly the scenario where I’d play Gordon tonight.

he could get you that 10 points on 1 catch. 

But it’s Sunday night so it magnifies your risk. 

I’m in a close game right now and the team I’m playing will just be down to Brady. I’m starting James White and could also start Gordon over Peyton Barber. Torn here.

Love Gordon but would lean Barber in a close game.  Basically need a long Gordon bomb for that to pay off. It’s not like he’s running everything on the rout tree after one week of practice.  I bet he plays less that 30% of the snaps. 

Wow...you people are hilarious.  I am laughing at you.  I laugh at Soulfly most of the time, but he has dragged many of you into that moronic schtick.  Especially you.  Now i laugh even more, because there are more of you to laugh at. 

Thank you for the concern though.

One question though

Why are you so concerned bro?  :lmao:
I have concern for people in general. You seem like you could use a little compassion brother. I'm here if you need to talk it out.

Users who are viewing this thread