What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (2 Viewers)

If only Eddie Lacy showed up to play football today, I would have had the lineup I envisioned in draft day. My trio of AJ Green, Alshon and Fitz will need to be broken up after one week. It was nice to have them together one time. Pleasantly surprised by Alshons numbers today.

If he plays im not getting cute. Im starting him.
I would say the same thing, except replace 'starting' with 'benching'
This is an interesting case study for something Chris Harris was talking about on a recent podcast regarding whether or not you start a stud his first game back from a significant injury.

He posed the question this way:

Which would hurt you more?

Starting him and taking a bad score.

Or benching him when he has a huge game.

I, like Chris Harris, would be more hurt by the latter, so I usually play guys like Alshon right away.
I will say thanks , this was the big thing that compelled me to start him

If he plays im not getting cute. Im starting him.
I would say the same thing, except replace 'starting' with 'benching'
This is an interesting case study for something Chris Harris was talking about on a recent podcast regarding whether or not you start a stud his first game back from a significant injury.

He posed the question this way:

Which would hurt you more?

Starting him and taking a bad score.

Or benching him when he has a huge game.

I, like Chris Harris, would be more hurt by the latter, so I usually play guys like Alshon right away.
I will say thanks , this was the big thing that compelled me to start him
You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Didn't work out for me with Foster in Week 4, but I don't regret starting him.

rest of season he has decent matchups save for weeks 10+11 (@stl and home v. Den). making people who bought low a few weeks ago proud!

Obviously too small a sample size, but just for fun, since he's returned from injury, if you prorate his stats to a full season:

224 Targets, 149 Receptions, 2200 yards, 11 TDs

Imagine if he didnt drop 3 1st half passes.... unreal strength and ability to get off the line and in and out of breaks. Going to make a lot of $$ this offseason.

DNP in practice today (11/12), groin from yesterday's practice per Fox
wow, what a tease... guy is a lock for 10+ targets every week and had been dominating opposition. brutal for those who had to wait out the 5 week absence earlier.

The guy in my league who owns Jeffery is looking at the prospect of starting Calvin, Walters and Britt this week with no way other than a trade to get a better option.

Meanwhile, I have three extra WRs that are viable: JMatt, Snead and Davante.

Might be worth it to trade two of them for Alshon.

We have no idea if it's serious, so let's relax and see what happens tomorrow. The guy lived on the injury report last year, but battled through. Let's hope it's a minor issue and he plays this weekend

A question for you Alshon owners.

Say you're out of contention for the playoffs in a PPR league and a team in contention is offering Keenan Allen + something more for Alshon.

What would that something more have to be in order for it to work?

A question for you Alshon owners.

Say you're out of contention for the playoffs in a PPR league and a team in contention is offering Keenan Allen + something more for Alshon.

What would that something more have to be in order for it to work?
For me I wouldn't consider Allen. Someone else in his range and an early to mid 1st I would.

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw in the san diego game, they were double teaming alshon a lot. he still ended up with a solid night. I'm hoping the injury isn't serious and he keeps ballin'

He's not 100% but it's more game plan than Alshon. The Bears are running and throwing a lot of screen passes to offset the Rams pass rush. And it's working.

Silver lining. He will probably be no worse for the wear and I need him after Edelman bit the dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read he was only on the field for about half the snaps. The big lead could have caused this a little bit but who knows. Another bad matchup next week as well.

Users who are viewing this thread