What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC Championship Thread-Indy@New England (1 Viewer)

This game is over. No way in hell Indy comes back after the Harrison fumble. They are getting dominated.

That field is suddenly looking very muddy.
Agreed. The second half is going to be very sloppy. It's snowing but it's around 32 degrees so a lot of that snow is melting when it hits the ground. That's a recipe for a big muddy game.

It's all being set up nicely for an epic Manning comeback.Well, not even that epic. I mean he's not even 3 TDs down yet.

And now is it a good time for me to say that the fat lady is warming up? Colts are getting crushed....And I don't see that changing in the 2nd half...

That one really hurt as they were at the 20 going in, and getting the ball first in the second half - could have had a great opp to pull to 15-14/15-10. Three TOs in the first half for the Colts - and STILL no punts in the playoffs!!If you told me the Colts won't punt in the first half, what is the halftime score? I'd have given them at least 2 TDs and 2 FGs - not shutout.88 yards and 2 picks for Manning - OUCH! He won't end the game that far down the passer rating.

And now is it a good time for me to say that the fat lady is warming up? Colts are getting crushed....And I don't see that changing in the 2nd half...
Yes - now's the time to get her vocal cords going - though I'd wait until after the Colts' first possession of the second half before handing her the microphone.

Again, I'll say it, Colts D versus Pats O will be a key matchup. If the Colts end their TO problem, they can make up 15 points no prob - if they can't stop the Pats O to give Manning enough opps to do so, though, it's all irrelevant.One MORE reason Manning reminds me of Marino - lack of defense in the playoffs.

The Patriots don't look like they're playing boring football to me. Heck, two 4th down conversions and two big picks (one great one) is entertaining football IMO.GG

That one really hurt as they were at the 20 going in, and getting the ball first in the second half - could have had a great opp to pull to 15-14/15-10. Three TOs in the first half for the Colts - and STILL no punts in the playoffs!!If you told me the Colts won't punt in the first half, what is the halftime score? I'd have given them at least 2 TDs and 2 FGs - not shutout.88 yards and 2 picks for Manning - OUCH! He won't end the game that far down the passer rating.
What a friggin dumb statement."No punts".They were too lousy on special teams to even EXECUTE a punt.Still, it's FAR from over. Colts get the ball first in the second half...

Just like last time, Patriots dominate the first half.I fully expect Manning to throw 3 TDs in the second half.Harrison and Law's INTs were based on their atheletic ability, not on any chokage on the part of Manning.Pats playing well; Colts not tackling.30 more minutes of the same, please. :football: :football: :football:

Harrison and Law's INTs were based on their atheletic ability, not on any chokage on the part of Manning.
Harrison was completely out of position, and Manning managed to hit him instead of the wide-open Pollard.His forced fumble was due to his smart play, but the INT was a gift. (Law's was awesome.)

Harrison and Law's INTs were based on their atheletic ability, not on any chokage on the part of Manning.
Law's INT was a great defensive play. But, Harrison's was caused by a slow read by Manning followed by a poor throw.

Again, I'll say it, Colts D versus Pats O will be a key matchup. If the Colts end their TO problem, they can make up 15 points no prob - if they can't stop the Pats O to give Manning enough opps to do so, though, it's all irrelevant.One MORE reason Manning reminds me of Marino - lack of defense in the playoffs.
What more do you want from the Colts D? They gave up only 1 TD in the first half which is pretty good considering the Offense turned it over 3 times.p.s. I fully expect them to get blown out of the water in the 2nd but you can't blame the probable loss on their 1st half performance.

Edge is averaging almost 5 yds/carry today (14/67/1) thusfar. Keep giving him the rock to set up play action.Looks like we've got a game.

So is the game over yet? Can we just fast-forward to the NFC game?? :rolleyes:With this offense, and the Colts proven ability to come back, I can't believe some of you would even say that stuff. As if a 15-pt lead is impossible to come back from.I swear some people in the SP are watching football for the first time.

No play to Larry Centers should ever gain 28 yards. Ever.
Last Play: 1-10-NE 43(9:39) T.Brady pass to L.Centers to IND 29 for 28 yards (M. Doss). ball caught at NE43Blown coverage or bad tackling (not watching game on TV).

Why do so many players have red stains all over their uniforms? Is the soil of the new sod that bright of a red color?

didnt take too long for the pats to respond
That's not a response,, that's business as usual.. Indy has not been able to stop them all day long.. Does not look good for indy.. Or the under if you bet that way..

Last Play: 1-10-NE 43(9:39) T.Brady pass to L.Centers to IND 29 for 28 yards (M. Doss). ball caught at NE43Blown coverage or bad tackling (not watching game on TV).
Whole defense looked fooled on a pump fake. Then a CB fell -- though that only got him maybe five more yds once everything shook out.

The red smears of paint on the uniforms is a little disconcerting. Looks like a few guys have been hit by sniper fire out there.

:rant: :football: :gang: :devil: :hot:

He ain't gonna last until the end of the 1st, my friend (in a 12-team league).
he could,,, I just got this out of the first 10 team draft I came upon in the mock draft forum..2.01 Edgerin James, RB, INDY All depends on who your drafting with.. In my league,, I wouldn't be surprised if he was there at 1.10-1.12

Users who are viewing this thread