What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Championship Thread-Carolina@Philly (1 Viewer)

Koy Detmer came out on the field, so McNabb is done for the day wether or not the Eagles get this ball.

I know I'm going out on a HUGE limb here, but we saw our Super Bowl a little earlier today. :ph34r: Though the Panthers, if they win, will be an underdog reminiscent of the '69 Jets, the '94 (?) Chargers and some of those Bronco teams in the '80's.
I don't know about that.Carolina is awfully close to the 2000 Ravens...2 great RBs, QB who makes few mistakes and can make good late game decisions, great defense, playing well at the right time.I really can't see the point spread being more than 7...I think the 94 spread was something ridiculous like 17

Another pitch out to Foster. Last time was near the goal line for the TD. This time on 3rd and 2, this time the Eagles' D wasn't ready and it was a big gain. First down at the Eagles' 34. SDavis gains 2 more to the 32.

Last edited by a moderator:
Panthers almost in FG range. A kick here will make this a 2 td game.... As a Cowboy fan, I'm LOVING THIS STUFF. BYE BYE IGGLES, YOU ARE TEH SUCK.

How did Collingsworth ever get himself on TV. The guy is a freekin moron.This post editted to circumvent the language filter.
Call me stupid, but what's wrong with Collinsworth?It seems clear a lot of people don't like him, so I just want to know why. He doesn't really bother me in any way, in fact I think he's insightful and entertaining.

Eagles bring everyone it seems and the Panthers were running. Knocked them out of FG range - punt time.

I don't know how the Eagles win at this point. Panthers can pressure Detmer like crazy now. Might see a defensive TD if they aren't careful.

Man Detmer looks like a homeless guy playing in the championship game.Gilette should sponsor him or something !! :shock:

What's up with that pansy McNabb? This is the NFC Championship game! Jack Youngblood played the game on a broken leg!I guess 5 is nothing but a number less than 6.
Are you questioning the manhood of a guy who threw 4 TD's with a broken ankle? :thumbdown:

Flag frenzy late here. Offensive pass interference was the last one on a lob down the sideline.

Eagles call a timeout before going for it on 4th and 2. Probably a smart thing actually to make sure Koy Detmer knows what to do.

Here is the Phi stat line for receiving thusfar:RECEIVING REC YDS TD LG C. Lewis 3 42 0 24 F. Mitchell 4 38 0 12 C. Buckhalter 2 26 0 23 D. Staley 3 26 0 19 L. Smith 1 12 0 12 J. Thrash 1 9 0 9 J. Ritchie 1 1 0 1 I know that this isn't too far off from what they've been doing most of the year, but other than a good game from Mitchell--Thrash and Pinkston where are you guys???? :bag:

First play, SDavis runs for a big gain, and then lays down in bounds, keeping the clock moving. Heady play.

This is sweet justice by the football gods tonight. The Eagles should've never been playing in this game to begin with, and you are seeing why. Despite their 12-4 record, they were not that good of a football team. That's why as a Packer fan, losing the game last week really hurt. you never felt like the better team advanced. I truly believe the Packers would've won this game today.

This is sweet justice by the football gods tonight. The Eagles should've never been playing in this game to begin with, and you are seeing why.
Agreed. But the Packers weren't that good either. Neither are the Panthers.

Man, that Koy Detmer pick at the 10 is just killing the Eagles now. They could be going for the tie with a FG.

Panthers bringing everyone--game's over.Do you all see Reid firing David Culley (WR's coach)? Someone has to take the fall for the poor play of the Iggle WR's. Mitchell had a nice game, but he has been a disappointment thusfar in his career and Thrash/Pinkston were nowhere to be found.

Hahahahahahah the eagles suck. 3 times in a row. what a bunch of posers. The window is closed on Mcnabb and their fat #### coach.Go COWBOYS :P :P

Panthers bringing everyone--game's over.Do you all see Reid firing David Culley (WR's coach)? Someone has to take the fall for the poor play of the Iggle WR's. Mitchell had a nice game, but he has been a disappointment thusfar in his career and Thrash/Pinkston were nowhere to be found.
You'd think they'd at least give him a chance to coach some talent before the fired him. I wonder if the cap space the Eagles saved by continuing to go with Pinkston/Thrash combo instead of going out and getting someone seems worth it to Andy now.

And most importantly, we've learned in the new divisional format, the NFC South is unstoppable!

You'd think they'd at least give him a chance to coach some talent before the fired him.
Pinkston was a high second-round pick, Mitchell a first-rounder. They've both flashed some pretty good raw talent at times. But they continue to drop passes and screw up routes, and for that you have to look to the WR coach.

You'd think they'd at least give him a chance to coach some talent before the fired him. I wonder if the cap space the Eagles saved by continuing to go with Pinkston/Thrash combo instead of going out and getting someone seems worth it to Andy now.
I'll have to do a search for the thread GRID created identifying the FA WR's. TO is the sexy choice, but DJax and Streets are out there--I'm sure there are a few others, AND they are going to have some competition signing guys;AtlantaKC Detroit (maybe not competition, but in the market nonetheless ;) )to name a few.

The more I see Carolina, the more they look like a helluva team. Lots of talent on D, & they're extremely well-coached on that side of the ball. And I mean Belichick-like coached. On offense, they have a solid QB with tremendous RBs/WRs & a good O line. Also, they have an above-average K & excellent STs. I believe the Panthers are the only NFC team that can stand up to New England. I still think the Pats will win, but they better come prepared to fight. It might be a better game than I first thought. :thumbup:

The Eagles O is horrible, and 99% of that is on the WR's.. J Thrash is never open, and for the rare times that pSTINKson is open, he either DROPS the ball, or runs the wrong route.. Detmer did a decent job moving down the field despite the horrible wideouts.. Until the Eagles get some playmaking WR's, they will forever be the bridesmades of the weakass NFC.... pathetic.. :thumbdown:

why are they doing the trophy presentation indoors? I thought they always held a celebration on the field?

Users who are viewing this thread