What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

The local reporting is sh1+ and it's not just sports. I don't think there has been any report locally on air or in print that Graham will miss the Detroit game. Of course these are the same people who were outed on the Champ Bailey situation and Drew Brees' 2011 MCL injury only after the fact. One guy did report on Brees' injury actually and he was ostracized by the team.

The local reporting is sh1+ and it's not just sports. I don't think there has been any report locally on air or in print that Graham will miss the Detroit game. Of course these are the same people who were outed on the Champ Bailey situation and Drew Brees' 2011 MCL injury only after the fact. One guy did report on Brees' injury actually and he was ostracized by the team.
The Saints need him and it is a road conference game vs a potential wildcard team if neither wins division. I'm hoping for a GTD and Redzone snap counts. Who knows this and we won't till Sunday morning

A lot more optimism in here than I thought which is giving me hope I'm wrong but I think he's out 3 weeks. Mulitiple reports stating he's highly doubtful this week and with the Thursday night game in week 9 I tend to think if he's misses two games you can count on him missing 3.

After what I went through with Calvin recently, I don't think I want to start Jimmy until he's had at least one good game...

It is definitely gamesmanship. Why do head coaches think it works or makes any difference? Opposing head coaches and teams aren't stupid, such as "Gee, Payton must be telling the truth and Graham will play!".

Just watched the Sean Payton presser and he seems "pretty optimistic Graham can play," as a matter of fact those were his exact words.

If he plays Ian Rapoport is an #######. I still don't think he will but he was still productive on a torn plantar fascia last year so yea, if he plays I play him.

If he plays Ian Rapoport is an #######. I still don't think he will but he was still productive on a torn plantar fascia last year so yea, if he plays I play him.
Nobody other than Rapoport ever mentioned anything about Graham missing 2-3 additional weeks.
I would like to thank Rappaport for causing panic with the Graham owner in my league so he would finally trade him to me. Graham is playing, I just have a feeling, I think this is all part to throw off a team that has a good defense. Maybe the source fed Rappaport some crap and Rappaport bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice to have that extra bench spot back for my Graham backfill, lots floating on my 12 team short bench WW that I'd like a shot at instead of a 2nd TE, which is unnecessary when Graham is healthy, and one of the benefits of owning a guy like Graham.

Thanks for the fear mongering if this pans out a false report, Ian.

Waiting the output.. i own a team "jynxed" with him, Calvin Johnson and Rashad Jennings injured on the bench.

Speaking into this, Whose 2 do I start WR in the said team?

Terrance Williams, Cordarelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins,

Actual lineup (stands 5-1 in the league):

Hoyer

A.Ellington, Joique Bell

2 WRs

Dwayne Allen

Flex: Crowell

Browns

Matt Bryant

Bench:

The 3 injured + Matt Ryan, Josh Gordon, Eagles D/ST.

'Practiced'. You could go through an NFL practice these days with both arms in traction. Glorified walk troughs.
It's true, a limited practice is much less impressive for those without lower body injuries. It's also quite possible he still plays and just ends up as a decoy. Again, this reminds me much of Jordan Cameron's injury. He re-aggravated the injury week 1, missed week 2 and came back week 3 after putting in limited practices all week to catch a single ball. Even if Graham can't actually extend to make catches, the mere threat of him running routes can open up a defense.

I am still a little shocked that every fantasy media outlet is taking Rappaports word for it and are certain he will miss 2-3 weeks.

'Practiced'. You could go through an NFL practice these days with both arms in traction. Glorified walk troughs.
It's true, a limited practice is much less impressive for those without lower body injuries. It's also quite possible he still plays and just ends up as a decoy. Again, this reminds me much of Jordan Cameron's injury. He re-aggravated the injury week 1, missed week 2 and came back week 3 after putting in limited practices all week to catch a single ball. Even if Graham can't actually extend to make catches, the mere threat of him running routes can open up a defense.
If he's a decoy it helps the other WR even more. They would still get additional targets but the defense would have to account for Graham. This should open things up even more. Still a tough match up.

Paula Pasche@paulapasche 5s5 seconds ago

#Saints TE Jimmy Graham (shoulder) limited at practice today. Didn't practice on Wednesday.

Mike Triplett@MikeTriplett 5s5 seconds ago

#Saints TE Jimmy Graham returned to practice on a limited basis, leaving open the possibility he could play Sunday against #Lions.

Katherine Terrell@Kat_Terrell 1m1 minute ago

Jimmy Graham limited in Thursday's practice, Sean Payton 'optimistic' about status http://s.nola.com/4QsUR9R via @nolanews
So you're saying there's a chance!

I knew this was going to happen. My backup TE is Amaro. Now I have to make a decision to pull Amaro from tonights lineup and hope Graham plays.

I could wait and even if graham doesn't play I can pick up Heath.

If Graham does not play which NO TE gets the most targets?

If I remember, about the same thing happened last year. Game time decision, not gonna play etc.

I sat him, he played, had three or four catches and two TD's.

If I remember, about the same thing happened last year. Game time decision, not gonna play etc.

I was about to bring up the same thing. If he plays, he is a must play.
Everyone said the same thing about Calvin. Playing a guy that isn't healthy has a higher chance of hurting you than sitting him. Just my opinion.
But Graham has performed while hurt. So we know he can.

I was about to bring up the same thing. If he plays, he is a must play.
Everyone said the same thing about Calvin. Playing a guy that isn't healthy has a higher chance of hurting you than sitting him. Just my opinion.
But Graham has performed while hurt. So we know he can.
And Calvin never has?? :porked:

NOBODY is a must play in a situation like this. All depends who you would be replacing him with.

I would hope the Saints don't trot him out there just to have him get hurt in the first 5 minutes and be out a few weeks...............but teams do stupid #### all the time, so it wouldnt surprise me.

So maybe once in your life you benched a stud cause he was kinda hurt and he went off for 150 and three TDs...........so then ya get scared for the rest of your life that it COULD happen again?? Are you more afraid of looking bad than you are hungry to win??

I dont like playing guys who are hurt/limited...............though always depends on what the injury is. If it is a "pain" type of injury then I am more inclined to start a guy. If it is an injury that actually limits what a guy can do, I will always play my next man up as long as it is a decent enough player.

If Graham's injury to his shoulder limits his ability to raise up for he ball, well, I am benching him for Cameron. SImple as that for me.

Just because Graham performed while injured before doesn't mean he will perform while injured this time. It's two different injuries.

I agree. I'll be kicking myself if I play him and he's extremely limited. I'd rather stick in Reed against the Titans and take my chances with the player who is currently fit and expected to receive a full workload in what is a good matchup

You guys in here saying you'll roll with Cameron or Reed have it nice. I think most of us posting in here don't have such no-brainer options. I have Ebron who's now on the injured report. F me...

I don't think he practices in full today, guessing another limited and listed questionable and we won't know until 30 minutes before kickoff

You guys in here saying you'll roll with Cameron or Reed have it nice. I think most of us posting in here don't have such no-brainer options. I have Ebron who's now on the injured report. F me...
I have Kelce and will bench him in a heart beat if Graham is active. A hurt Graham is better than any other TE not named Julius in the NFL. I think if Graham is active its a no brainer for anyone. Its a shoulder, not a leg, so if he plays I think the Saints will likely use him sparingly and in the Redzone. That is good enough for me to start him.

I have Kelce and will bench him in a heart beat if Graham is active. A hurt Graham is better than any other TE not named Julius or Gronk in the NFL. I think if Graham is active its a no brainer for anyone. Its a shoulder, not a leg, so if he plays I think the Saints will likely use him sparingly and in the Redzone. That is good enough for me to start him.
Fixed. But i agree with the overall sentiment. I too have Kelce as my backup, and I would much rather swing for the fences with Graham.

The real question is, what's worse for a TE like Graham, a torn plantar fascia or a sprained AC joint. With the torn fascia, your burst and cutting ability are effected but they essentially only used him in the RZ initially where he had to move forward and catch the ball. Would he be able to do the same with a sprained AC joint? I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread