What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (2 Viewers)

Any concerns that Graham will play today as a decoy and on a limited snap count?
Big time concern for me--but as a Graham owner--what choice do we have but to play him? I got stuck playing Amaro on Thursday because I didn't know what to expect form the Graham situation--and now I'm left with choosing between Graham, Storm, Justin Hunter, or Zac Stacy as a flex. Unless Graham owners have a legit and solid second option--I think we just have to start him regardless of how low our confidence is.

Any concerns that Graham will play today as a decoy and on a limited snap count?
He will definitely be on a limited snap count. So obviously concerns there are 1000% warranted.

Decoy-risk is lower than the re-injury-risk, but they're both significant. But both of those risks are built into everyone's opinion already, so there's nothing new with either.

He will definitely be on a limited snap count. So obviously concerns there are 1000% warranted.

Decoy-risk is lower than the re-injury-risk, but they're both significant. But both of those risks are built into everyone's opinion already, so there's nothing new with either.
Just like it was definite he would be out this week?

For sure. But when you're starting a TE that you're realistically expecting 3-4 catches from in his place I'd rather hope that Grahan can catch 3-4 passes with a better chance at a TD. Guys like Jordan Reed, Delanie Walker, etc are a different story though.

Just like it was definite he would be out this week?
Ha! Well, nothing is definite! If he is pain-free and doing awesome, there's a chance he'll play 100% of snaps of course...but obviously that's unlikely. This is more art than science. I think the reality is that he got injured two weeks ago (the only facts I have since I do not attend Saints practices personally), and I'd bet you anything is snap percentage is less than 80%.

FOX's Jay Glazer said the plan is for Jimmy Graham (shoulder) to play roughly 30 snaps in Sunday's game at Detroit.
That sounds absolutely arbitrary and also good enough for me to start him.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOX's Jay Glazer said the plan is for Jimmy Graham (shoulder) to play roughly 30 snaps in Sunday's game at Detroit.
That sounds absolutely arbitrary and also good enough for me to start him.
It's probably because the plan is for the Saints to get into the redzone 30 times today. And each of those times it only takes 1 play to score. And each of those scores goes to Jimmy Graham.

So my modest projection:

Jimmy Graham 30 catches for 60 yards and 30 TD's.

I picked up Owen Daniels and ended up putting Graham in the last minute. Hate these mind games coaches play.

Shoulda known he wasn't gonna do much today. Damn!!!

Nope. Maybe be in the second half. Best case scenario would be for Detroit to score some TDs and NO playing from behind. If NO has the lead, I doubt they'll even use Graham.

Dear national "reporters":

#### you and your bull #### ####### reporting on Jimmy Graham. ####ers.

I don't own JG this year but this is about par for the course. I had him the last two years and each of those he experienced a high ankle sprain that cost him a couple games around the bye, led to a few limited-snap/decoy games, and a slow comeback post-injury. At his ADP this year, figured no longer worth it even though he can single-handedly win a few weeks for you when healthy. Olson has been more than adequate at the TE slot on my team.

With another L this week don't know if they can keep this BS up and have a shot at the division.
No wins in the entire division this week...
Another week not making up any ground.
half-empty vs half-full, etc.
2-4
Yeah...no hiding from that.

I cant believe they were running so much inside their 25 up 10.

That was where it went off the rails. PUT THEM AWAY.

Theres a very real chance hes a decoy again next week
Gross. I am going to sit him. Problem is, I picked up Josh Hill (14 team league, pickings are slim) as his replacement, but I can't start him with any confidence either.
I'm going to continuing sitting him until he starts putting in some full practices. I may miss a huge game at some point, but I can't risk those zeros in a ppr league...

With another L this week don't know if they can keep this BS up and have a shot at the division.
2-4

My biggest problem with coaches, not trying to score TDs every possible drive.

2-4

My biggest problem with coaches, not trying to score TDs every possible drive.
There was a ton of time at that point. Between 5-10 minutes

leftcoastguy7 said:
Did he even get targeted yesterday?
twice. he looked like a shell of himself out there. barely ran routes without any energy, detroit said they had zero concerns about him. clearly a decoy.

Rotoworld:

immy Graham played on 30-of-75 snaps in Sunday's loss at Detroit.

Graham played enough snaps to be a factor, but he oddly wasn't really a part of the gameplan. He had zero catches on two targets and the Lions defenders said afterward they weren't worried about him. ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett says it's difficult to predict if Graham's role will increase going forward, as the tight end's ability to block and absorb contact are in doubt. Owners can just hang their hat on the fact that he didn't appear to suffer any setbacks Sunday.

Source: profootballfocus.com
Oct 20 - 8:22 AM

Users who are viewing this thread