What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

Would be great if someone could find a video or Vine, but Graham was a joke coming off the line yesterday. He was basically just throwing his left shoulder at guys to try to disrupt them...to no avail. Now wonder the Lions didn't bother accounting for him...no way was Brees going to throw him the ball.

benched Allen for him yesterday...that won't happen again until I am certain Graham can truly play.

He just got traded in a league I'm in.

Mark Ingram

DMC

for

Jimmy Graham

Rashad Jennings.

Husband and wife made the deal. Husband (2-5 record) giving up Graham to wife (4-3 record).

Guy in my dynasty league offered Graham for sale. I offered him next year's #1 and got shot down. What does he expect? He's a scratch and dent markdown. I won't be offering again.

I offered Bridgewater, Brandon Marshall, and Antonio Gates for him in one league. I have not heard back.
My question is why are so many people down on Graham? He may be slowed now, but it is a shoulder, he will get better in 6 weeks before the playoffs.

I play in a one league with some dufuses, because he had a bad game they all think he sucks or are trying to low ball like I'm gonna all of a sudden say "OK you convinced me Graham sucks." I'm trying to get a QB and have a trade of Cutler, Ellington and Graham for Rodgers and have been told I'm not paying enough. I think I'm paying out my ### for Rodgers.

Back to the topic, fantasy is a what have you done for me lately league now that Graham had a zero last week he may be easier to get in redraft. I wouldn't be moving him unless it was for an elite QB or RB.

I offered Bridgewater, Brandon Marshall, and Antonio Gates for him in one league. I have not heard back.
My question is why are so many people down on Graham? He may be slowed now, but it is a shoulder, he will get better in 6 weeks before the playoffs.

I play in a one league with some dufuses, because he had a bad game they all think he sucks or are trying to low ball like I'm gonna all of a sudden say "OK you convinced me Graham sucks." I'm trying to get a QB and have a trade of Cutler, Ellington and Graham for Rodgers and have been told I'm not paying enough. I think I'm paying out my ### for Rodgers.

Back to the topic, fantasy is a what have you done for me lately league now that Graham had a zero last week he may be easier to get in redraft. I wouldn't be moving him unless it was for an elite QB or RB.
Depending on the other guy's roster, I think that's quite a fair trade. If I had a real hole at rb2 and I didn't have Julius Thomas, that deal would be a no-brainer for me. Very fair offer!

Depending on the other guy's roster, I think that's quite a fair trade. If I had a real hole at rb2 and I didn't have Julius Thomas, that deal would be a no-brainer for me. Very fair offer!
He has Reed at TE and is starting WW fodder at RB and literally has to find someone off the wire for byes. He isnt the brightest guy anyways. His RBs in redraft are Sankey and Bush with Mathews and Williams on the bench. I even threw in Allen who someone cut on waivers but shouldnt. His exact quote was "I'm 6-1 and Mathews will be back to stud levels and Reed will get better when RG3 is back, He is taking all the risk with the Graham injury." Exact quote. Like I said, some dufuses.

Graham is as much advantage at TE as Rodgers is at QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree 100%. In fact I'm not sure you should even do this trade. I know cutler stinks lately but maybe you can bite the bullet and stream QBs? Assuming your league is yardage heavy, I'd hate giving up both Graham and Ellington. Of course I'm also the guy that trading away Gio and Donnell (after his 3 Td week) for Graham and Trent. Jury still out on that one...

Agree 100%. In fact I'm not sure you should even do this trade. I know cutler stinks lately but maybe you can bite the bullet and stream QBs? Assuming your league is yardage heavy, I'd hate giving up both Graham and Ellington. Of course I'm also the guy that trading away Gio and Donnell (after his 3 Td week) for Graham and Trent. Jury still out on that one...
Graham was a decoy last week, he should be better this week. If not he is only gonna get better every week. By the playoffs he will be back to an elite performer. For what its worth, Yahoo trade eval has me at -28 and the person getting Graham at +38. Not that that matters but its a guide to who is getting ripped at that differential, trade talk has been harder and harder over the years as people value meter is always different when they own a player. They are always the best.

fair? Thats a HORRIBLE trade for jerry

What trade are you guys talking about? Not Sabertooth's. I'm talking about Graham, Eklington and Cutler for Rodgers. Yeesh...
They think I'm getting raped, and I agree. I am willing to pay for a player. Argument can be made for who is the bigger idiot me for offering it or the other guy for refusing to even consider it.

Yup. Interchangeable. Dynasty I like Graham a bit more because his contract is settled and Brees is younger than Manning. Otherwise they are a wash.

leftcoastguy7 said:
This is not an AC question, just curious on your thoughts on this.

Would you guys trade Graham today straight up for Julius Thomas?
Good question, and when Graham is healthy there is no one I want over him including Julius. Graham is just as likely to score and puts up more catches and yards.

leftcoastguy7 said:

In dynasty no, not that close to me but than again I generally play in 1.5 PPR TE leagues where Grahams higher volume is more appreciated.

In a redraft, under any format, I'd trade Graham for Thomas due to Grahams injury.

leftcoastguy7 said:

Actually tried to do this earlier in the week, but was turned down by the Thomas owner. It's a 1.5 PPR TE league. Not expecting much from Graham this week or next, but hoping he is back to at least 85-90% come week 10.

His injury has me concerned. Have Olsen & Graham in PPR and am trying to move JG right now for a starting WR or RB. I can't afford to hold him & need wins now to save my season.

If he rebounds & picks back up to his normal numbers, so be it. But something seems off with the Saints this year, and Graham's injury has slowed them a lot. Hoping his name/potential can pry a nice deal for me.

I'd rather stick it out with Graham then grab JT in a 1.5 PPR league (ffpc). JT is 11th in targets, 7th in receptions and 13th in yards yet he still leads all TEs because of the torrid TD pace. A healthy Graham can keep pace with him in the TD department while averaging more targets/receptions/yards on a weekly basis. It seems like a good move on the surface but I honestly don't think it is, unless you think Graham is going to be plagued by this injury for the rest of the season.

For reference.

Dynasty Superflex:

I gave: Bortles, Brandon Marshall, and Antonio Gates

I got: Jimmy Graham, EJ Manuel, Danny Woodhead, 2015 3rd Round Pick, 2016 3rd Round Pick

leftcoastguy7 said:

redraft, julius is much more valuable than graham. grahams value is quite depreciated, or it should be. hes clearly not capable of producing for at least 1 more week and at massive risk for reinjury. im taking julius, gronk, olsen, reed, and gates over graham. expecting players to get healthy mid season is a losing proposition.

leftcoastguy7 said:

redraft, julius is much more valuable than graham. grahams value is quite depreciated, or it should be. hes clearly not capable of producing for at least 1 more week and at massive risk for reinjury. im taking julius, gronk, olsen, reed, and gates over graham. expecting players to get healthy mid season is a losing proposition.
The green light to start Graham has been given.

leftcoastguy7 said:

:lol: Its a sprained shoulder that is getting better week by week.

Rotoworld take:

Jimmy Graham (shoulder) was limited on Wednesday.
Graham is going to play, but will likely be limited to passing-only situations. Owners will be scared after Graham's zero-catch effort on 30 snaps in Week 7, but the Saints-Packers game has an over-under of 54 points.

Source: Mike Triplett on Twitter

Oct 22 - 4:27 PM

are graham owners still starting him? seems like he won't do much better than last week. Wouldn't it be better to start another te until we see hes close to 100 %? not to mention he could easily aggravate the shoulder and get knocked out of the game

need2know said:
are graham owners still starting him? seems like he won't do much better than last week. Wouldn't it be better to start another te until we see hes close to 100 %? not to mention he could easily aggravate the shoulder and get knocked out of the game
Starting him and not thinking twice about it even after his goose egg.

need2know said:
Starting him and not thinking twice about it even after his goose egg.
Ditto

My whole strategy for short-bench leagues was drafting BPA at positions where only 1 starter is required to maximize RB/WR/Flex depth. Unless he's ruled out, I'm going to ride or die with Jimmy, smart or not.

It should be as easy as if he is active then he is in your lineup. Goose egg be darned.
That's the way I look at it. I've had him for 4 season in a keeper league and last week was the first time he didn't produce anything when playing with an injury.

I got crap on another forum for saying people should start him last week but as I told them, I'd do the same today if I had the same information I did on Sunday.

In the process of making a trade to get Graham in my other league, most likely giving Vereen and Cameron for him.

Buy low sell high and all that good stuff

Users who are viewing this thread