What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

that was a bs call. shoulda been a td. very obv. refs have been horrid with replay today, missing multiple blatant calls. this one, the charles fumble, and the gray td.

Won't make this mistake next year.
Didn't see the last drive huh?
I don't think really anything he does the last two weeks changes the fact that he was overdrafted in likely every league.

His value is really around the 3/4 round and he likely went in the 1st in every league. I will be shocked if he is on any team of mine next year unless somehow he becomes a Packer or Patriot.

I still need him for one more week in our 2 week championship format.

He's not overrated. He was just drafted by those who took him too early. He's still a beast. I'm guessing his shoulder injury was worse than what the team let be known. As a Saint fan I considered him with the 10th pick this year, but I passed due to how my team looked in mocks. TE shouldn't be taken in the first. Even Gronk.

I think we'll see in the offseason that Jimmy is quite injured. I'm expecting a rotator cuff surgery or some such. Still the second best TE in the game behind Gronk.

Saw it all this year. Extremely overrated.
buy glasses
Still wouldn't correct your biased view.
And your view isn't biased? He's 1 of the top 2 TEs in the league who was hurt most of the second half of the season. How exactly is he overrated?
looks like you know the answer......not worthy of where he was drafted or close to it.

buy glasses
And your view isn't biased? He's 1 of the top 2 TEs in the league who was hurt most of the second half of the season. How exactly is he overrated?
looks like you know the answer......not worthy of where he was drafted or close to it.
I said that a few posts up. Neither he or Gronk are worth a first round pick. Maybe you'll figure out the difference in who to draft in the 1st round and what overrated is.

How can someone say he isn't overrated? Is he not rated as a 1st round pick or very early 2nd for pretty much every format?

Average PPR by Month week 1-16 (2011 to 2014):

September - 20.6

October - 14.7 (seems to be the month Graham is always getting injured making for short games)

November - 17.5

December - 14.0

I just don't see him worth the price tag next year and I will be forced to pass on him in likely every league as he will be over-drafted in my mind in the first 2 rounds.

Hes not over rated as a football player but he is over rated as a first round pick which nobody is disagreeing with. Two different things.

I said that a few posts up. Neither he or Gronk are worth a first round pick. Maybe you'll figure out the difference in who to draft in the 1st round and what overrated is.
Gronkowski is #9 with 97 VBD points (probably #10 after Monday Night, Demaryius Thomas); he absolutely was worth a first-round pick. He's provided more value than Dez Bryant, Aaron Rodgers, or Jamaal Charles.

Jimmy Graham is currently #25 with 52 VBD points, which isn't great for a first-round pick but is actually better than most. He's provided more value than 6 players taken in the first round (McCoy, Charles, Peterson, C.Johnson, Manning, AJ Green), so he's an above-average first-round pick, even with the injury. The only better first-round picks were Forte, Lacy, Bryant, Rogers, and possibly Thomas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overrated: "have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved."

He is overrated - people have a higher opinion of where he should be drafted than deserved:

NFL.com - 1st round - http://fantasy.nfl.com/research/rankings?leagueId=0&statType=draftStats

ESPN - 1st round - http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/FFLranks14top300/2014-fantasy-football-rankings-preseason-top-300

CBS - 1st round - http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/rankings/points-per-reception/yearly

Yahoo - 1st round - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-fantasy-rankings--top-150-204748821.html

FootballGuys - 1st round - http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/draftlist.php?t=1&ppr=0&viewpos=all

MyFantasyLeague ADP - 1st round - http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2014/adp

Do you think he is one of the 10 best players? Doesn't sound like it from your post so hence that means he is overrated as he is rated pretty much across the board as a 1st round pick.

buy glasses
Wow someone doesn't understand what overrated means.

Oh let me guess you got him in the 4th round you shark you?

buy glasses

I understand what overrated is. I stand by my comment that he isn't. I also stand by my comment that he isn't worth a 1st rounder. I don't use other peoples rankings. I had the chance to take him @ 10 in my $$ league this year. I took Dez instead. JG went right after my pick. Unless Jeremy Hill scores 36 tonight I take the championship with the best record and total point in the league (Dez, Julio, Leveon were my first 3 picks). I will never take a TE, even Gronk, or QB with my 1st pick. I have seen that I never like the way my teams turn out.

I do have Jimmy in both of my dynasty leagues. Got him with my 5th round rookie pick in each when he came into the league. :sharkmove:

Last edited by a moderator:
buy glasses

I understand what overrated is. I stand by my comment that he isn't. I also stand by my comment that he isn't worth a 1st rounder. I don't use other peoples rankings. I had the chance to take him @ 10 in my $$ league this year. I took Dez instead. JG went right after my pick. Unless Jeremy Hill scores 36 tonight I take the championship with the best record and total point in the league (Dez, Julio, Leveon were my first 3 picks). I will never take a TE, even Gronk, or QB with my 1st pick. I have seen that I never like the way my teams turn out.

I do have Jimmy in both of my dynasty leagues. Got him with my 5th round rookie pick in each when he came into the league. :sharkmove:
I don't know how to say this without being a Richard but since when is overrated, underrated, busts, and breakouts based off SproutDaddy's rankings? The whole concept of a discussion on if someone was overrated is based on the general consensus of fantasy experts.

For instance one player I thought was overrated was Brandon Marshall and that is the reason I did not take him in a single draft. My rankings had him down in the 4th round. When I talk about him being overrated I am talking about him from the perspective of the general consensus rankings not my own personal views.

Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham (shoulder) will undergo an MRI next week.

Graham has been playing through his shoulder injury since Week 5, but it's been an issue for him all year. It's possible he could require an offseason procedure. Graham has averaged 41 yards per game with only one touchdown over the last month.

Source: New Orleans Advocate

I think his injury is the biggest factor as to why the Saints missed the playoffs. He couldn't take over and dominate games and he dropped a lot of balls that he normally would catch routinely. That and the fact that the Saints had Rob Ryan running the defense. Will people stop hiring him already, he is not his brother.

I think his injury is the biggest factor as to why the Saints missed the playoffs. He couldn't take over and dominate games and he dropped a lot of balls that he normally would catch routinely. That and the fact that the Saints had Rob Ryan running the defense. Will people stop hiring him already, he is not his brother.
I expected the off-season procedure. A less valuable (to his team) TE probably would have been put on IR. Now let's not wait until June to do this procedure.

I expected the off-season procedure. A less valuable (to his team) TE probably would have been put on IR. Now let's not wait until June to do this procedure.
I would IR him now since the season is over for the Saints and all thats left is a meaningless game with a bad team.

I would IR him now since the season is over for the Saints and all thats left is a meaningless game with a bad team.
Brees is the biggest stat whore I've ever seen. That's not gonna happen.

How can someone say he isn't overrated? Is he not rated as a 1st round pick or very early 2nd for pretty much every format?

Average PPR by Month week 1-16 (2011 to 2014):

September - 20.6

October - 14.7 (seems to be the month Graham is always getting injured making for short games)

November - 17.5

December - 14.0

I just don't see him worth the price tag next year and I will be forced to pass on him in likely every league as he will be over-drafted in my mind in the first 2 rounds.
That looks like pretty solid production considering how often RBs suck and get injured also. Graham in the 1st round this year woulda been better than quite a few guys.

Users who are viewing this thread