What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

TE9 in PPR, matchup-proof, for most of us he was a guy in the lineup every week.  I don't think I am going to be able to match his production streaming TE2s if hes out.
In 7 of his 10 games he has 17 receptions for 177 yards total and a total of 2 TDs in all 10 games.  I don't call that very valuable.  He's had 3 decent weeks with yardage (wk two 6/95/0, wk five/76/0, and  wk six 5/104/0, 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok bro.  I'm looking at the waiver wire and I'm not feeling great about having to replace him is all I will say.
I agree that in comparison to most waiver wires he is valuable, but whether you have Graham or not have Graham, he won't make a difference whether you win your fantasy league.

Done with this washed-up mug anyway, only needed him for this week to cover Kittle. Had high-ish hopes for JG this year, figured he'd be a red zone monster.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Jimmy Graham's thumb injury is "feared to be serious."

The prize of first-year GM Brian Gutekunst's free-agent class, Graham was injured in his return to Seattle on Thursday night after catching one ball for 13 yards. He's been limited to one catch in back-to-back games and has 21 yards or fewer in three of the last four and four of the last seven. Overall, Graham has topped 50 yards just four times this year with only two touchdowns.

Ironic. Traded Eric Ebron last week, and now I lose Graham a week later to injury. Time to plan out the streamers rest of the way.

I would think he finds a way to play, but in the case he doesn't, is Kendricks the next guy up? The Tonyan kid looked good on his one target
Can receivers/tight ends play with a broken thumb?  Other fingers I can see but I think it's pretty difficult to catch passes without 2 good thumbs.

Jimmy Graham - TE -  Packers

The San Diego Union Tribune's David Chao expects Jimmy Graham (thumb) to miss 4-6 weeks.

A Friday MRI confirmed a broken thumb for Graham. He may potentially need surgery, putting his rest-of-season status in question. Graham hasn't been a huge factor this year, but losing him is another hit to the Packers' offense. Lance Kendricks will start until Graham returns.

Source: San Diego Union Tribune 

Nov 16 - 5:11 PM

Max Power said:
NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Jimmy Graham's thumb injury is "feared to be serious."

The prize of first-year GM Brian Gutekunst's free-agent class, Graham was injured in his return to Seattle on Thursday night after catching one ball for 13 yards. He's been limited to one catch in back-to-back games and has 21 yards or fewer in three of the last four and four of the last seven. Overall, Graham has topped 50 yards just four times this year with only two touchdowns.
Doofus broke it getting into a shoving match with a defender after the play 

It sounds like he will be out 4-6 weeks. Here is an excerpt of an article I found on ESPN: 

The Packers used Lance Kendricks almost exclusively in his place, but coach Mike McCarthy said rookie Robert Tonyan, who caught a 54-yard touchdown in the first half for his first career NFL reception, could see his playing time increase if Graham misses significant time.

"Robert's definitely ready," McCarthy said. "It's really just a product of who's in front of him. ... Yeah, he's ready to play. I thought he really came on there at the end of training camp, and he's done a lot of good things. ... We have confidence in Robert."

I know Matt Waldman had some good things to say about Tonyan and he's a converted WR. I just don't know if any Packer TE will be relevant with Rodgers at QB. As great as he is, I only remember Finley being an integral part of an Aaron Rodgers led Packer O. That said, in deep leagues there isn't much on the waiver wire, so maybe this kid is worth stashing. 

I just scoured my WW and was surprised to see Njoku available. He got cut in the waiver run Wednesday morning. Also see Heureman, Uzomah, and the two Rams TE’s. Was streaming Vance McDonald this week over Graham anyway. Thoughts on guys like the above as replacements, or is it throwing on the life vest and swimming the TE-stream ROS? 

I just scoured my WW and was surprised to see Njoku available. He got cut in the waiver run Wednesday morning. Also see Heureman, Uzomah, and the two Rams TE’s. Was streaming Vance McDonald this week over Graham anyway. Thoughts on guys like the above as replacements, or is it throwing on the life vest and swimming the TE-stream ROS? 
Like Everett's situation but would be content with him, Njoku or Heureman off the waiver - at this point of the season and from the TE position.

Doofus broke it getting into a shoving match with a defender after the play 
To be fair to Graham, it wasn't an aggressive fight, he was just finishing his block all the way to the side lines, the sort of play that happens hundreds of times in every game. He went to push his opponent and whiffed, but his thumb caught the guys helmet and was twisted. 

Do helmets really protect NFL players? They seem to do more harm than good. 

Just did the same. Heureman is and Macdonald two best options, not sure between the two. Hard to have much faith in the Rams TEs

Just did the same. Heureman is and Macdonald two best options, not sure between the two. Hard to have much faith in the Rams TEs
With Kupp's injury, it may create more opportunities for the Ram TE's in the middle of the field. I like both, but prefer Everett ROS. 

JohnnyU said:
Sorry for his plight, but let's be honest here, fantasy owners won't miss him very much.
TE has been an awful position for FF this year. All this guy did was give an excuse to not try to play matchups which people should be doing. You almost gotta manufacture TE points this year

TE has been an awful position for FF this year. All this guy did was give an excuse to not try to play matchups which people should be doing. You almost gotta manufacture TE points this year
Agreed, outside of Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Ebron and Howard, it's been a wasteland. JG, as bad as he's been, unbelievably is still top 9 at the position in standard.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
To be fair to Graham, it wasn't an aggressive fight, he was just finishing his block all the way to the side lines, the sort of play that happens hundreds of times in every game. He went to push his opponent and whiffed, but his thumb caught the guys helmet and was twisted. 

Looked like a peeing contest to me

Droppable in dynasty?
I agree. No. Not until we see if McCarthy is relieved of his HC job. Graham is actually having his 3rd best ypc season. The stats don't back that he's slowing down dramatically. Horrible playcalling and lack of targets is the problem. The offense stinks right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffInvy9WmE4

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that Jimmy Graham will "try to play" through his broken thumb in Week 12.

McCarthy wasn't entirely committal on Graham being able to do so, however, explaining that Green Bay's medical staff will work with "different splints and protections" to try to get Graham game ready. Losers in three of their last four, the Packers are in must-win position ahead of Sunday's date with Minnesota.

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter 

Nov 19 - 4:15 PM

Well he wasn't that great with two working thumbs but guess this is good news as waiver wire is a cess pool.

No way in hell I think about starting him. He’s waiver wire fodder at this point. Putting on the life vest, hopping in the canoe, and going streaming at TE rest of the season.

Jimmy Graham - TE -  Packers

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Jimmy Graham will test out his injured thumb during Thursday's practice.

Graham wants to play through his broken thumb, but to do so he will need to be able to block and catch. McCarthy said Graham has an "attachment" for his cast he will test out on Thursday to see if he can do those things. We will hopefully have a better idea of his availability following Thursday's practice.

Source: Wes Hodkiewicz on Twitter 

Nov 22 - 9:33 AM

The Green Bay Press-Gazette believes the Packers could release Jimmy Graham this offseason.

Graham signed a three-year, $30 million deal last offseason. He disappointed his first year in Green Bay, scoring just two touchdowns despite playing all 16 games. Releasing Graham would save $5.3 million.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette 

Jan 25 - 5:14 PM

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said he is looking forward to seeing what Jimmy Graham can do for the team in 2019.

The quote strongly suggests the veteran tight end is sticking around despite a $5 million roster bonus due on March 15, likely because Gutekunst does not seem to be as disappointed as fans with what the team got out of Graham last season. "Jimmy had a productive year for us last year," Gutekunst said. "He fought through a lot of things just to be out there. Guys who have played as long as he has don’t have to do that, so his professionalism was on display each and every day." It will be up to new coach Matt LaFleur to put Graham in position to live up to his contract.

SOURCE: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Feb 28, 2019, 7:07 AM

Jimmy Graham vowed to be better in the red zone this season.

"I'm completely focused on putting my best foot forward and being the player that I am," Graham said. "Scoring in the red zone and being that big threat on third down. I mean, I gotta get back to that." Graham was fifth among tight ends with four targets inside the 10 last season, but he turned just one of those into a touchdown and managed just two total all year. The 32-year-old is not the player he once was, but those numbers were a big step back from where he was in 2017 with the Seahawks. It would not be surprising if Graham bounces back during his second season in Green Bay.

SOURCE: NBC 26

Jun 3, 2019, 9:22 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread