What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

all you guys selling might want to wait until we have something official... we have not heard anything yet
Wait if you want. I'm getting out while I can. Not gonna be much left to sell on a guy out for most of the rest of the fantasy regular season.
Glad to have Gronk this weekend instead of Graham.
Must be nice. I have to choose between Dustin Keller and David Thomas.In other words I'm f'd.

Jimmy Graham (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 7 at Tampa Bay.

The Saints have made the announcement, perhaps in response to PFT's report that Graham is not traveling with the team. David Thomas is likely to take over as the passing-down tight end, though he hasn't topped 50 yards in a game since the 2009 season. Even worse, Thomas hasn't posted double-digit yards in a game the past two years. We would advise looking elsewhere for a fantasy fill-in. Expect Drew Brees to lean heavily on Marques Colston, Darren Sproles, Lance Moore and Devery Henderson. Oct 20 - 2:11 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5842/jimmy-graham

all you guys selling might want to wait until we have something official... we have not heard anything yet
Wait if you want. I'm getting out while I can. Not gonna be much left to sell on a guy out for most of the rest of the fantasy regular season.
Must be nice. I have to choose between Dustin Keller and David Thomas.In other words I'm f'd.
:shock: I'l pray for you.

Think he's saying he sold for Gronk over the last 4 days. I just bought Graham, sounds like he should be back fine for the 2nd half of the season.

What effect does this have on Brees? Is he the #1 QB this week anyhow?
It hurts Brees. They left Graham in that entire game after getting hurt to run decoy routes. How was that a good idea, considering he can't even play two weeks later?Why did NO give Schiano the extra day to prepare for the NO offense without Graham? Weird situation here. But taking away a big target from Brees will hurt, especially on the road.

It hurts Brees. They left Graham in that entire game after getting hurt to run decoy routes. How was that a good idea, considering he can't even play two weeks later?
I agree this was an inexplicably stupid decision by the Saints. If he hadn't played would Graham be ready this week? Can't say for sure but you have to think not running around a football field for another half of play, even as a decoy, would've helped the healing process. Just monumentally stupid by the Saints. I wouldn't worry about Brees in the short term. I think for one game he'll be just fine against a suspect Tampa Bay secondary. Brees is the No. 1-ranked QB in many scoring systems so unless you've got RG3 as a backup you're starting him every week he plays. He'll find a way to get his. He almost always does.

It hurts Brees. They left Graham in that entire game after getting hurt to run decoy routes. How was that a good idea, considering he can't even play two weeks later?
I agree this was an inexplicably stupid decision by the Saints. If he hadn't played would Graham be ready this week? Can't say for sure but you have to think not running around a football field for another half of play, even as a decoy, would've helped the healing process. Just monumentally stupid by the Saints.I wouldn't worry about Brees in the short term. I think for one game he'll be just fine against a suspect Tampa Bay secondary. Brees is the No. 1-ranked QB in many scoring systems so unless you've got RG3 as a backup you're starting him every week he plays. He'll find a way to get his. He almost always does.
Hmmm, funny you should mention that. I've got RG3 as a backup. Hmmm...

Yep...or Brandon Myers / Marcedes Lewis / Anthony FasanoDisgusting...

Yep...or Brandon Myers / Marcedes Lewis / Anthony FasanoDisgusting...
Yeah, I gotta roll with Marcedes Lewis instead of Graham. Oh well :wall:

last week for bye purposes it was brandon meyers.

have to say, PPR-wise, he seems adequate enough vs. jax.

hoping for a quick recovery.

-biz-

Question for any Saints homers/followers:

Any chance they use this guy http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5071/jed-collins in a Chris Cooley like HB-set?
Interesting question. Not a homer, nor do I have a dog in this race...Seems like that might be a fair bet for real life but in fantasy terms if your league is TE mandatory that won't solve the problem of of having to plug in another tight end.
Jed Collins is our FB and he DOES get looks in the red zone (we throw to the FB in the flat quite a bit in certain situations), but not as a tight end.David Thomas is a nice stop-gap for those who lost Graham though, provided his concussion issues from last season don't recur.

#saintshomer

last week for bye purposes it was brandon meyers.have to say, PPR-wise, he seems adequate enough vs. jax.hoping for a quick recovery.-biz-
That's who I'm gonna roll with although Jax hasn't been giving many points up to TEs. I dropped Pitta and picked up Meyers. (I've lost 2 weeks in a row sohow about yours first td this year Mr Meyers)

last week for bye purposes it was brandon meyers.have to say, PPR-wise, he seems adequate enough vs. jax.hoping for a quick recovery.-biz-
That's who I'm gonna roll with although Jax hasn't been giving many points up to TEs. I dropped Pitta and picked up Meyers. (I've lost 2 weeks in a row sohow about yours first td this year Mr Meyers)

Jene Bramel has been suggesting all along that this is a high ankle sprain. He even posted screen shots on twitter of the actual ankle injury as it took place, and it didn't look good.

Graham sitting out this week is going to benefit him the rest of the way. He would have been limited at best this week and could have re-aggravated the injury. Hopefully this extra week's rest will help him be ready for week 8, which is still up in the air.

Question for any Saints homers/followers:

Any chance they use this guy http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5071/jed-collins in a Chris Cooley like HB-set?
Interesting question. Not a homer, nor do I have a dog in this race...Seems like that might be a fair bet for real life but in fantasy terms if your league is TE mandatory that won't solve the problem of of having to plug in another tight end.
Jed Collins is our FB and he DOES get looks in the red zone (we throw to the FB in the flat quite a bit in certain situations), but not as a tight end.David Thomas is a nice stop-gap for those who lost Graham though, provided his concussion issues from last season don't recur.

#saintshomer
TY for your input. I guess my question was directed at whether Collins might get MORE red zone looks with Graham out. Does not sound like it however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per RW---

Coach Joe Vitt says the Saints "feel good" about Jimmy Graham's (ankle) Week 8 status.

Graham won't test his ankle before Wednesday's practice, but he must have been close to suiting up for Sunday's win over the Bucs. Now over two weeks removed from injuring his ankle against the Chargers, Graham can be tentatively expected to return against the Broncos. Even if he's less than 100 percent, he'll remain a top-three option at tight end.

Or not.

Or not.
:lol:Oh what could have been! Get well soon, Jimmy.

Just saw on Rotoworld:

Coach Joe Vitt says the Saints "feel good" about Jimmy Graham's (ankle) Week 8 status.

Not sure how helpful this is but probably is better than them feeling "bad" about his Week 8 status.

According to RW...

Jimmy Graham could be 'full go' Wednesday

Interim coach Joe Vitt believes Jimmy Graham (ankle) has a chance to be "full go" in Wednesday's practice.

The news keeps getting better for Graham's Sunday night outlook at Denver. Barring a surprising setback, Graham will rejoin the starting lineup against a Broncos defense allowing the fifth-most fantasy points to opposing tight ends.

this thread was blowing up for some time, now no one wants to post any news.

My opponent had Vernon Davis. When he put up that goose egg, I was ok with Graham being out, because I had Kyle Rudolph.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

My opponent had Vernon Davis. When he put up that goose egg, I was ok with Graham being out, because I had Kyle Rudolph. :wall: :wall: :wall:
I'm in the exact same situation. Going forward, because of the short week for Minnesota, it will be a tough call to bench Rudolph even with his zero pt game, if we don't get difinitive word on Graham's status. This is another reason I hate TNF.

'Raiderfan32904 said:
'two_dollars said:
My opponent had Vernon Davis. When he put up that goose egg, I was ok with Graham being out, because I had Kyle Rudolph. :wall: :wall: :wall:
I'm in the exact same situation. Going forward, because of the short week for Minnesota, it will be a tough call to bench Rudolph even with his zero pt game, if we don't get difinitive word on Graham's status. This is another reason I hate TNF.
Because you have to use strategy? Everyone is dealt the same hand as the year goes on, it evens itself out. Good owners can get through it.

Gotta pick up Housler as the ins. policy.
I'd prefer Thomas. Better yet, grab Dreessen if he's available. Should be a shootout and Dreessen's been a major Red Zone target the past few games.
:thumbup: Was going to post this, great call. FBG ranking a little low with that said, probably because of Tamme effect. But, he should get you 40-50 yards and possibly a red zone TD in a shootout vs. a goose egg elsewhere since he's likely on the WW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry Holder ‏@LarryHolder

#Saints TE Jimmy Graham looked "very, very good," Vitt said. He hasn't given an injury report yet.

Rotoworld Link

Jimmy Graham (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

According to coach Joe Vitt, Graham was limited to "land-based" activities, and "ran routes on air." Whatever that means. However, Vitt did add Graham looked "very, very good." Beat writer Mike Triplett believes Graham "still seems questionable," but is "obviously getting closer to a return." It's not a slam dunk that Graham is ready for Sunday's showdown with the Broncos, but there's reason for his owners to be optimistic.
Land-based? Running on air? WTF? :confused:

Rotoworld Link

According to coach Joe Vitt, Graham was limited to "land-based" activities, and "ran routes on air." Whatever that means. However, Vitt did add Graham looked "very, very good." Beat writer Mike Triplett believes Graham "still seems questionable," but is "obviously getting closer to a return." It's not a slam dunk that Graham is ready for Sunday's showdown with the Broncos, but there's reason for his owners to be optimistic.
I agree. what a paradox. I'm just as confused by Vitt's comments. How do run routes on air, yet stay land based? Is this some sort of riddle?

Rotoworld Link

I would assume "land-based" = no jumping, "ran routes on air" = no defense, just running patterns.Not a good place to be a couple days before the next game.

I am getting the vibe he is going to sit another one out here.

Graham is so dependent on getting up over guys, that ankle can easily be re-tweaked.

Users who are viewing this thread