What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (3 Viewers)

Graham traveling would seem to be a strong indication he's close to playing. It makes no sense for him to travel if the Saints know he can't play. They didn't do that last week so I doubt they'd do it this week. Assuming he doesn't have any setbacks today or tomorrow I think he'll play.

Graham traveling would seem to be a strong indication he's close to playing. It makes no sense for him to travel if the Saints know he can't play. They didn't do that last week so I doubt they'd do it this week. Assuming he doesn't have any setbacks today or tomorrow I think he'll play.
I applaud your cockeyed optimism, young Mr. Mumphry. Let's hope you're right. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I applaud your cockeyed optimism, young Mr. Mumphry. Let's hope you're right. :thumbup:
Hell I'm probably wrong. :lmao: I do think the fact he traveled this week after not traveling last week is a positive step in the right direction, though. It leads me to think/believe/hope/pray that even if he sits again tomorrow he'll be ready for Week 9.

'goldenchild said:
for those Graham owners still able to mess with his lineup spot.....this is my suggestion since it is a Sunday night game...real good chance that a Saint/Bronco/Cardinal/SF TE is available on your WW...ThomasHouslerDressenD. WalkerI would roster one of these guys and then see what the pregame reports are.....NBC pregame does a pretty good job showing you what is going on on the field prior to their games...you should get a pretty good look at Graham....make your decision at the last minute and just roll with it if you have to plug one of these guys in....some points are better than none....sometimes this is just the type of hit you have to deal with during a season....eta fwiw: Skelton seems to like Housler...and even tho they play SF....he might be a decent option
Are you assuming Tamme is rostered? Or do you think Dreesen is the guy to have?
i was assuming Tamme is rostered....it could be hit or miss on a weely basis with these two guys but if there was a week for them both to maybe give you decent production..... this could be it....honestly a coin flip IMO on which guy...

Some additional info:

Jimmy Graham (ankle, questionable) made the trip to Denver but is still considered a game-time decision.

Graham didn't make the trip to Tampa Bay last week, so he's at least making progress. He put in limited practices all week, and he added that if the decision were up to him he would play. With the teams not kicking off until Sunday night, it would be quite a risk to leave Graham in fantasy lineups. Owners with a quality back-up would be better off leaving Graham on the bench, and owners without one would be foolish not to find a TE2. Graham is a full-fledged game-time decision.

Some additional info:Jimmy Graham (ankle, questionable) made the trip to Denver but is still considered a game-time decision.Graham didn't make the trip to Tampa Bay last week, so he's at least making progress. He put in limited practices all week, and he added that if the decision were up to him he would play. With the teams not kicking off until Sunday night, it would be quite a risk to leave Graham in fantasy lineups. Owners with a quality back-up would be better off leaving Graham on the bench, and owners without one would be foolish not to find a TE2. Graham is a full-fledged game-time decision.
Thanks for trying to help, but this info has pretty much already been said.

Do we really think that Graham can have a big game even if he plays? Leaning toward starting him just for the upside, as I'm playing the highest-scoring team in the league.

Denver is miserable against tight ends...if he plays, he will be big. I have chris givens in for him right now....I hate that this is a night game!!!

Jimmy Graham injury update: Questionable for SNF, annoying fantasy owners

Fantasy Cheat Sheet: The 10 tips that will help you win in Week 8

Excerpt:

3. Even if Jimmy Graham plays, don't start him.

There are too many things working against Jimmy Graham to make him a smart start this week. While he says his ankle is coming along, he's playing in a Sunday night game, which makes him a very risky start. If he does play, he could be used more as a decoy than an actual target.

"If it was up to me, I'd play," Graham said. "I'm good." Whether he plays is not up to him. Whether you start him is up to you. He might be "good," but it's not worth the risk.

Those who are dead set on playing Graham at all costs need to pick up his backup, David Thomas. Stashing Thomas in a league that allows lineup changes up to five minutes before kickoff provides a security blanket for fantasy players looking to get a piece of the likely Brees-Manning shootout. Thomas caught a touchdown pass against the Bucs in Graham's spot last week.
Saints Notebook: TE Jimmy Graham a game-time decision

Denver is miserable against tight ends...if he plays, he will be big. I have chris givens in for him right now....I hate that this is a night game!!!
Tell me about it, do stick with Graham or go with Bennett? Had a great start of the week with Martin need finish this one off... Sucks not having enough info on the inj.

It sounds like Jimmy thinks he can play...I cant see vitt in a must win game telling graham to sit if graham says he can play. F it....Im starting him.

Great googily moogily!!!!!

I cut valuable depth to waivers so I could roster Dreesen in case Jimmy was a no go. Darn skippy I'm starting Graham!

I think a few of us are deciding Graham vs. Tamme/Dreesen.. I'm going Graham. Made a mistake sitting Richardson and starting Morris this week. Start Jimmy and don't regret it if he goes off!

I heart trash-time. Glad I rolled the dice on him tonight and even more pleased he looked healthy which bodes well going forward - seems like forever since hes been in my lineups.

Rotoworld:

The New Orleans Times-Picayune believes there's "every reason to expect" Jimmy Graham to re-reach his 2011 production after a somewhat disappointing 2012 season.
The fact that Graham's 2012 can be described as "somewhat disappointing" and he still outscored every other fantasy tight end reflects his dominant fantasy football value. Graham is in a contract year, has the NFL's premier playcaller back in Sean Payton, and is 100 percent healthy after battling wrist and ankle problems for much of last season. In 2011, Graham caught 99 passes for 1,310 and 11 touchdowns. During that '11 campaign, only four wide receivers -- emphasis on wide receivers -- scored more fantasy points than Graham.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Jimmy Graham played at "the highest of levels" during Saints OTAs and minicamp.

Per the Times-Picayune, the "synergy between Graham and Drew Brees is unlike any other tight end-quarterback combo in the league, and it was on full display during minicamp." Graham wore a small brace on his wrist, but is now nearly 100 percent. Given Rob Gronkowski's injury situation, the tight end position is really thinning out. Value-based drafters need to consider Graham late in the first round. A down year in 2012 still resulted in a 85/982/9 line.

Jun 11 - 9:51 AM

He should probably be drafted ahead of any "receiver" not named Calvin Johnson.
Exactly what I have been trying to tell people wanting to trade for him. His value is lifted for the fact that he is a TE, and that value is insane. I can probably find at least 20 WRs who will put up point as WR3 for me, you can't find many TEs who put up WR1 numbers at TE.

I think he may have a little more value in fantasy drafts that must start a TE for that reason and may take him over Calvin, but I am a little crazy.

Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham told NFL Network his offseason training regimen consisted of increased film study and three months of two-a-day workouts.
Graham made it a point to say film study was an emphasis as he recovered from early-offseason wrist surgery, and then he turned to an intense physical workout plan to get his body in tip-top condition. This year's clear-cut No. 1 fantasy tight end has mammoth potential entering the last year of his contract.

Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham admitted that "last year was very difficult playing all season with that much pain."
Graham was referring to the wrist injury that lead to a spat of drops and needed offseason surgery. He's now 100 percent and lighting up Saints camp. "Drew (Brees) and I are already in mid-season form. ... Right now, we're more dynamic offensively than we've ever been," he said. Graham's 85/982/9 line from last year is his floor.

Source: USA Today
Jimmy Graham has looked "very good" physically throughout training camp.

In a contract year and fully healthy in the prime of his career, Graham is among fantasy's safest fantasy bets this season. Although he dropped 15 passes last season and has struggled with drops again during camp, his raw athletic ability and volume in the Saints' pass-happy scheme keeps his floor extremely high. Even in a "down" 2012, he was fantasy's No. 1 tight end with a 85/982/9 line.

Aug 13 - 10:36 AM

Man, how early is too early for this guy? Im picking 9th and Im VERY tempted.
I'm tempted at the 10 spot in one of my leagues. It would be tough to pass up on a TRich/Lynch followed up with CJ2K/Forte. as a solid RB duo though.

Dont like hearing about how he is still struggling with drops though......
yeah he had a ton of drops last year too. I don't think it will sway Brees from throwing to him though. Guy is just impossible to defend and is a redzone monster. Hes a keeper in my 12 team league but if it was a redraft I'd have a hard time not taking him if the big hitters at RB and Calvin were already gone.

Users who are viewing this thread