What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (4 Viewers)

We are allowed to keep up to 2 rookies from year to year that we drafted so I have David Wilson as my 8th round pick and Lamar Miller as my 18th round pick and we only need to start 1 RB. I'm at the 9th spot in the draft and am considering going Graham at 9 and then best WR available at 2.04 instead of bothering with a RB at all. Keep in mind by being able to keep rookies that Martin, Richardson and Alfred Morris will be kept so I'm hoping Graham is actually still there at 1.09. It's a ppr league but TE's get 1.5 instead of 1.0 :hifive:

We are allowed to keep up to 2 rookies from year to year that we drafted so I have David Wilson as my 8th round pick and Lamar Miller as my 18th round pick and we only need to start 1 RB. I'm at the 9th spot in the draft and am considering going Graham at 9 and then best WR available at 2.04 instead of bothering with a RB at all. Keep in mind by being able to keep rookies that Martin, Richardson and Alfred Morris will be kept so I'm hoping Graham is actually still there at 1.09. It's a ppr league but TE's get 1.5 instead of 1.0 :hifive:
I just wrapped up a draft in that $350 FFPC contest last Saturday, and Graham went #5 overall.

He should probably be drafted ahead of any "receiver" not named Calvin Johnson.
Exactly what I have been trying to tell people wanting to trade for him. His value is lifted for the fact that he is a TE, and that value is insane. I can probably find at least 20 WRs who will put up point as WR3 for me, you can't find many TEs who put up WR1 numbers at TE.

I think he may have a little more value in fantasy drafts that must start a TE for that reason and may take him over Calvin, but I am a little crazy.
I don't think that's crazy at all given the fact that you could still draft a top tier WR in round 2 or round 3.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there's a "sense of optimism" Jimmy Graham (foot) won't miss any time and will play in Week 8 following the Saints' Week 7 bye.
Graham's left foot is still being evaluated, but it appears he's avoided a serious injury. He'll have two weeks to rest up for the Bills. Graham was cleared to reenter Sunday's game against the Patriots. Buffalo has allowed the second-fewest fantasy points to opposing tight ends through six weeks. Graham will still be locked in as the No. 1 tight end play no matter who he plays.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Saints believe Jimmy Graham's foot injury is minor.
Werder's colleague Chris Mortensen reported something similar Monday evening. Per Werder, the Saints will "monitor" Graham's injury during their bye week, but it sounds like they have every expectation of him being ready to go for Week 8.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

:tebow: :tebow:

Man reading this thread from the beginning got me scared as hell as people where talking about a 3 to 6 week off !!!!

And the date was October 16 (yesterday) but in 2012 !!!

Sure hope it's minor. Feeling pretty secure--I just traded Gronk away the day before last week's games.

In reference to the above posts--drafting at the first turn I didn't have to decide between Calvin and Jimmy--took 'em both! :cool:

If Graham is out for any given length of time, does it bump Colston and Sproles, or does it hurt them? We know this would hurt Brees and the Saints offense overall, but who would Graham's absence benefit?

I have to think this would benefit Colston, Sproles and Watson. Brees will find a way to get the ball to an open man. I think Watson could be a sneaky TE play down the stretch if Grahams out.

If Graham is out for any given length of time, does it bump Colston and Sproles, or does it hurt them? We know this would hurt Brees and the Saints offense overall, but who would Graham's absence benefit?
Ben Watson would likely benefit, but the player who could benefit the most, IMO, is Kenny Stills. Stills is an emerging talent. We may see a changing of the guard from Colston to Stills as the team's WR1. In his late TD catch against the Patriots, Stills showed good awareness, concentrations, hands.

#bump haven't seen a word on Jimmy, understand there may be no need for NOLA to say anything until next Wed.... getting more or less nervous?

More nervous. Why not say what the MRI revealed.
To what end? They are on a bye this week and have no obligation to tell anyone what the MRI revealed. These days every team operates like the Pats with regards to information. Keep your next opponent guessing.

If next week comes and he is not practicing come Tuesday, then hit the panic button. Beyond that, enjoy the fact that he got this injury at probably the best time in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
got an offer from a Graham owner, I want to take it except that I'm worried if I take it I will then find out in a week he is out for a few weeks.... time to roll the dice I guess that's what this is all about. My gut tells me if he was significantly injured something would have leaked.

Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham (foot) did not practice Wednesday.
"Each day we'll just take a peek on how he's progressing and be smart about it," coach Sean Payton said. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Monday that Graham was "uncertain" to play in Week 8 against the Bills. We're not likely to learn much about his Sunday status until later in the week. Graham owners need to have other tight end options in place. Ben Watson is Graham's backup.

Source: Buffalo News

What exactly is this decoy nonsense ?

If he is on the field he is going to have to run routes and block right?

And if he is going to run routes on his bad foot ... why wouldn't they pass him the ball?

And if he is going to run routes on his bad foot ... why wouldn't they pass him the ball?
pure speculation by a poster.

Seems like around 3pm EDT is when the Saints practice report comes out

pure speculation by a poster.Seems like around 3pm EDT is when the Saints practice report comes out
Any decoy talk is utter and speculation.

That said, even if he plays I'm more concerned about ineffective was or worse, reinjury. He's obviously not 100%

Who would be the Second Best receiver to have on the Saints Now? Is it Moore?
This has been my challenge with Saints WR, what if Stills and Moore split snaps? I realize the BIlls allow most FPPG to WR, but what if they go up early and your guy gets none? I am leaning to a guy like Cole Beasley instead as a flier, increasing targets and shootout potential against DET

If he is cleared to play then he is his standard must start role. I remember back a bunch of years, when Gates was going through the plantar fasciitis BS he was questionable to play every week. He still was able to grab 2 TDs a game. Unless you have a monster backup, Graham plays if he suits up. I am hoping that he practiced today to take away a lot of agita over the next 48 hours..

pure speculation by a poster.Seems like around 3pm EDT is when the Saints practice report comes out

That said, even if he plays I'm more concerned about ineffective was or worse, reinjury. He's obviously not 100%
roddy white is a decoy and plays

white hasnt played in 2 weeks, granted he was limited out there when he did play. and the decoy thing didnt really work for the falcons did it? and he got injured even more.

Understood - but we have nothing to suggest that will happen here. I'm not saying it's impossible, Im saying anyone making such an assertion is doing so without any real basis, foundation nor fact behind it. That said, postulation is a big part of fantasy football, but let's recognize it as just that.

Am I concerned at all that he could be a decoy? Yes, but it is completely overshadowed by concern over not being able to function well and/or reinjure.

will put graham at te

gronk at another flex

gotta decide between reed or douglas now.

seems like reed should be in a shoot out in denver

No he was playing injured and got more injured

@JustinSchmitt09 34s

@LarryHolder Clayton on NFL insider just said looks like Jimmy Graham will play on Sunday.
BAM!
This makes me nervous... Kinda like last year when I owned DMC - I have to watch the whole game hoping he isn't carted off or taken out. I really hope he only plays if he is almost 100%

We still don't even know what his injury is!
everything that I saw said he was limited today and likely a GTD

@JustinSchmitt09 34s

@LarryHolder Clayton on NFL insider just said looks like Jimmy Graham will play on Sunday.
BAM!
This makes me nervous... Kinda like last year when I owned DMC - I have to watch the whole game hoping he isn't carted off or taken out. I really hope he only plays if he is almost 100%

We still don't even know what his injury is!
everything that I saw said he was limited today and likely a GTD
This sucks!! All the info we will have will be "limited participant, foot, questionable"

I just want to know what the injury is... Have to assume no lis franc if he practiced, so that's a positive.

Report is that he was limited in practice and GTD, but the positive is that he must be healthy enough to be questionable, which means by next week he should be really good to go (crossing fingers).

Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham caught three passes for 37 yards and two touchdowns in Week 8 against the Bills.
Graham was very limited. He may not have even played 20 snaps. Graham played in all red-zone packages but rarely was on the field in between the 20s. He was targeted just the three times. But if we learned anything today, it's that you never bench Graham if he's active. One touchdown came from 15 yards out as he powered through Da'Norris Searcy. The other was a 13-yard strike where Graham stretched his arm across the goal line before his knee hit the ground. Graham is battling a painful partially torn plantar fascia injury, but he's going to keep playing. Hopefully another week of rest will do him some good. The Saints travel to New Jersey to take on the Jets in Week 9.

Rotoworld:

Saints coach Sean Payton believes Jimmy Graham's foot injury is "something he’ll be able to manage."
"I think from a pain standpoint, my understanding is it can begin to diminish," Payton said Monday. "I know this – we’re not gonna sit here week to week discussing it. But I think it’s something he’ll be able to manage." Graham is headed for another light week of practice, but it's clear he's going to suit up for Week 9 after escaping Sunday's win without setbacks. Likely to remain on a snap count, Graham will be more of a top 5-6 option than his usual 1-2.

Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham (foot) said he's hoping to play more than the 18 snaps he saw in Week 8.
Graham was able to practice on a limited basis three straight days, leading to speculation that he will be unleashed for more reps against the Jets this week. Beat writer Mike Triplett says Graham "should" be a significant part of the passing attack. At the very least, we know the dominant difference-maker will be out there in the red zone, third downs and the two-minute offense. We've ranked Graham as a top-five option at the tight end spot.

Source: ESPN.com

I'd like him to just sit a week.... This snap count #### is annoying
I dont think this gets any better until he fully tears the Fascia.. that is my understanding anyway. Not sure how additional time off helps the situation. Although I am no Doctor, I owned Gates 3 years ago when he tore his, and comments we similar. I think if he can tolerate the pain, they play him and maybe even increase his reps as he gets accustomed to playing on the injury

I do wonder what happens however when he finally tears this for good. Assume that will be intense pain.. during a game presumably if it happens at all. Jost hoping it is not a game weeks 14-16 when this occurs.

Again, I am no Doctor, so if someone has better info speak up. I need to listed to the Audible to hear what Dr Jene has to say...

I'd like him to just sit a week.... This snap count #### is annoying
I dont think this gets any better until he fully tears the Fascia.. that is my understanding anyway. Not sure how additional time off helps the situation. Although I am no Doctor, I owned Gates 3 years ago when he tore his, and comments we similar. I think if he can tolerate the pain, they play him and maybe even increase his reps as he gets accustomed to playing on the injury

I do wonder what happens however when he finally tears this for good. Assume that will be intense pain.. during a game presumably if it happens at all. Jost hoping it is not a game weeks 14-16 when this occurs.

Again, I am no Doctor, so if someone has better info speak up. I need to listed to the Audible to hear what Dr Jene has to say...
From what I remember Jene and most people reporting on Twitter, you're correct. Sitting Graham for a week does absolutely nothing for him. If anything, him not being worked out and stretched and instead resting the torn ligament would simply cause it to tense up more and be more painful. HIs options are pretty much get surgery or play through it. Rest won't do much of anything for him. And tearing it completely would be the best way to relieve a lot of the pain he's in currently.

We still don't know how torn it actually is and if it can heal on a week to week basis baring he doesn't hurt it further. Hopefully he suffers no setbacks.

I worry the Saints want him to be out a few weeks so he's healthy for the real playoffs.

Him being in a contract year is also another wrinkle.

I'd rather him go 5-40 and play every snap this week and suffer no setbacks than do what he did last week.

Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Dude's foot is strong enough to carry a defender into the end zone after a 50 yard reception. Absolute beast.

Users who are viewing this thread