What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (3 Viewers)

Seahawks view Terrelle Pryor only as a QB 'right now'By Kevin Patra

Around the League writer

The Seattle Seahawks have no immediate intentions of moving Terrelle Pryor out of the quarterback room.

"Right now, he's learning the quarterback position and (playing another spot) is not even an option," general manager John Schneider said, per the Seattle Times.

Two key words in that sentence were "right now." One reason behind the hedge -- whether subliminal or otherwise -- could be that at some point during the 2014 season, Pryor does indeed see the field in a non-quarterback role.

"The fantasy football guy in me is like, 'Yeah, Kordell Stewart was great at it,'" Schneider said, referring to the former quarterback/receiver/athlete known in some circles as Slash.

In the short term, Pryor, who started nine games at quarterback last season for the Oakland Raiders, will provide competition in a backup role behind Russell Wilson. If he makes the roster, it's distinctly possible the creative Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll will, at some point, determine Pryor's athleticism is too good to keep on the bench.

For now, Schneider is just happy he could land such a talented athlete with a seventh-round draft pick -- which he traded to Oakland for Pryor.

"Just to be able to acquire a player of that caliber in the seventh round,'' Schneider said. "What our seventh round looks like right now, we felt the value was definitely there and it was worth it.''

The latest "Around The League Podcast" runs through the latest NFL draft headlines and takes a look at which coaches and GMs are lying about their intentions.

Florio is speculating about him going to the Rams. Not sure I love that fit surrounded by other young offensive personnel.

I just can't imagine some team not taking a chance on him. At very least he can come in as a dangerous runner if your starter winds up eating it, in which case you are already in trouble. Kind of hoping he goes home to Pittsburgh and they end the Landry Jones project.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't imagine some team taking a chance on him. At very least he can come in as a dangerous runner if your starter winds up eating it, in which case you are already in trouble. Kind of hoping he goes home to Pittsburgh and they end the Landry Jones project.
:goodposting:

Send Landry Jones packing.

I just can't imagine some team not taking a chance on him. At very least he can come in as a dangerous runner if your starter winds up eating it, in which case you are already in trouble. Kind of hoping he goes home to Pittsburgh and they end the Landry Jones project.
Agreed, he wasn't that bad last year.

Agreed, he wasn't that bad last year.
For FF maybe. He was pretty bad for nfl purposes though.
Agreed, but early in the year, he had some solid games. If used properly, I think he can perform better than some of the current backups out there.

Only reason why he is going to Rams is to get them some information about Seahawks and that's it.

Terrelle said that he can't catch, but I think if he ever wants to play in NFL he should try to learn it coz he surely can't throw.

Oakland won way more games with this guy...
.....and set the franchise back even further in doing so. Had they stuck with McGloin, they could have found out if they even needed to draft a QB like Carr and possibly use the pick on another position. (see Austin Davis in STL this year)

Shawn said:
:lmao: "Way more"

Ummm, that was a grand total of 3 games in the first 8. Zero in the last 8 because he seriously regressed and defenses figured out if you stop him from rolling to his right he was completely ineffective. Let it go.

I feel like the perception of Pryor was unfair at the end. He played well at the start of the year and showed promise, the second half he was brutal but he was injured for most of that time too. His injury took away his ability to be a running threat which basically meant he couldn't be an effective QB. I feel like the Raiders letting him go when they had no viable QB options was just another sign of what a hopeless organisation they are. Pryor isn't terrible, he's better than a number of backup QBs running around and probably a few guys teams are throwing out as starters too.

Shawn said:
:lmao: "Way more"

Ummm, that was a grand total of 3 games in the first 8. Zero in the last 8 because he seriously regressed and defenses figured out if you stop him from rolling to his right he was completely ineffective. Let it go.
Nope. Pryor was benched after week 10 (Oakland's 9th game) after getting hurt the week before and playing poorly thru injury. He didn't start again until week 17. Blame Matt McGloin.

Shawn said:
.....and set the franchise back even further in doing so. Had they stuck with McGloin, they could have found out if they even needed to draft a QB like Carr and possibly use the pick on another position. (see Austin Davis in STL this year)
You know, it's possible to evaluate players without watching them lose 15 or 20 games. They did, and decided that they needed to draft a QB like Carr.

I thought the switch to TE talk scared him away from them.

Bengals have three guys behind Dalton who people thought had bright futures. Not a bad philosophy, at least one should pan out.

I'd like to see Pryor try out for an NBA team.

Signed by the Bengals. I guess he is competing for the #3 QB spot with Josh Johnson?
the 90+ yard TD run he had is the reason you let this kid come to your camp and compete. i'm not smart enough to know what position he could actually switch to. if you are going to keep 3 qb's he is the ideal #3 qb development prospect

edit: i just re-watched that play, and credit actually goes to Steeler's D... there wasnt a player within 5 yards of hima t any time during that simple read-option keeper :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed by the Bengals. I guess he is competing for the #3 QB spot with Josh Johnson?
the 90+ yard TD run he had is the reason you let this kid come to your camp and compete. i'm not smart enough to know what position he could actually switch to. if you are going to keep 3 qb's he is the ideal #3 qb development prospect

edit: i just re-watched that play, and credit actually goes to Steeler's D... there wasnt a player within 5 yards of hima t any time during that simple read-option keeper :)
Yep. An embarrassing performance by the Steelers defense.

Rotoworld:

The player rep for free agent Terrelle Pryor is informing NFL teams his client is now open to playing wide receiver.

Pryor stated in May that he was only willing to play quarterback in the NFL. He's had a change of heart -- smartly -- and will take a shot at another position. At his Pro Day before the 2011 supplemental draft, Pryor measured in at 6-foot-5, 232 and ran forty times of 4.38 and 4.41. Still only 26 years old, Pryor should get at least one more chance at a big-league career. Albeit very limited, Pryor does have some history lining up at wideout. He caught two TD passes at Ohio State.

Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Jun 18 - 9:28 PM

Rotoworld:

Free agent Terrelle Pryor confirms he's switched positions to wide receiver.

"Going to miss quarterback, but I will make a great wide receiver," Pryor tweeted. "Already working." There were exclamation points for emphasis. It's a smart move for Pryor, albeit one he's making out of necessity. Pryor has used up all his chances at quarterback. A towering 6-foot-5, 232 pounds, Pryor is unlikely to still run in the low 4.4s like he did coming out of Ohio State, but remains an impressive athlete for his size. Someone should take a flier before the start of training camp.

Source: Terrelle Pryor on Twitter
Jun 22 - 1:50 PM

Rotoworld:

Browns claimed WR Terrelle Pryor off waivers from the Bengals.

Pryor is a worthy flyer for Cleveland, which currently can lay claim to the poorest wide receiver depth chart in football. Pryor, 26, dabbled at wideout at Ohio State and has embraced a full-on position switch in an effort to extend his career. Pryor is huge (6'5/232) with low-4.4 timed speed coming out of college. With Vince Mayle, Brian Hartline, Andrew Hawkins, and Taylor Gabriel as his primary competition behind Dwayne Bowe, we wouldn't totally rule out the possibility Pryor earns meaningful wide receiver snaps for the Browns this year.

Jun 22 - 4:19 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi gives waivers acquisition Terrelle Pryor a five percent chance of making the Browns' 53-man roster.

Pryor is a freak athlete, but making the transition from quarterback to wide receiver at the age of 26. Cleveland's abysmal receiver corps is working in Pryor's favor, but there's a chance he simply bombs at his new position. Pryor will be a fascinating case in training camp and the preseason.

Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter
Jun 23 - 8:20 PM

Users who are viewing this thread