What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

my first apartment (1 Viewer)

hwjchim

Footballguy
So finally got approved for my first apartment.

I will be getting the keys tomorrow.

This will be a brand new apartment and I will be the first person living in that apartment. All utilities except electricity is paid for.

What are the first couple of things I should do right after getting the keys? (And of course after running around naked)

Thanks.

You joined this site in 2003 and now, in 2012, you are getting your first apartment? Prospect of turning 30 in mom's basement got to you, or you started posting here at 12?

Yes I joined in 2003....sorry but since I am the oldest son, I have to live with them and take care of them. It is frowned upon in my culture if I live in the same city as my parents and not live with them. Sad but true.

Yes I joined in 2003....sorry but since I am the oldest son, I have to live with them and take care of them. It is frowned upon in my culture if I live in the same city as my parents and not live with them. Sad but true.
No. 16?

please don't stink up the place with your cooking

Nothing sad about it.Somebody tried to be cute by belittling you and you made him look like an ### hole. Good on you. :thumbup:

whatever you do dont take you money to joseph a bank. my friend names huerta just got he first apartment but when it come time to pay they tell him it gotta be a check. but he dont have no checks, he only have cash so he go to jospeh a bank to get a accounts. when he get there they tell him it aint a bank it is sell suits. so what does he do. he end spending all the money he was supposed to put into bank on new suits. he buy like 15 of them. when it come time to pay he rent he have no money left so he is evicted. jimmy say he is probly teh best dressed homeless guy though..lol

stloads

Renters Insurance

Get the electricity turned on ASAP if it isn't already.

Find out how get hold of the maintenance dept. in case you need them.

Throw a party this Friday or Saturday night.

whatever you do dont take you money to joseph a bank. my friend names huerta just got he first apartment but when it come time to pay they tell him it gotta be a check. but he dont have no checks, he only have cash so he go to jospeh a bank to get a accounts. when he get there they tell him it aint a bank it is sell suits. so what does he do. he end spending all the money he was supposed to put into bank on new suits. he buy like 15 of them. when it come time to pay he rent he have no money left so he is evicted. jimmy say he is probly teh best dressed homeless guy though..lolstloads
:lmao:

whatever you do dont take you money to joseph a bank. my friend names huerta just got he first apartment but when it come time to pay they tell him it gotta be a check. but he dont have no checks, he only have cash so he go to jospeh a bank to get a accounts. when he get there they tell him it aint a bank it is sell suits. so what does he do. he end spending all the money he was supposed to put into bank on new suits. he buy like 15 of them. when it come time to pay he rent he have no money left so he is evicted. jimmy say he is probly teh best dressed homeless guy though..lolstloads
:lmao: Jos A Banks commercial on ESPN while I read this.

:lmao: :lmao:

whatever you do dont take you money to joseph a bank. my friend names huerta just got he first apartment but when it come time to pay they tell him it gotta be a check. but he dont have no checks, he only have cash so he go to jospeh a bank to get a accounts. when he get there they tell him it aint a bank it is sell suits. so what does he do. he end spending all the money he was supposed to put into bank on new suits. he buy like 15 of them. when it come time to pay he rent he have no money left so he is evicted. oats say he is probly teh best dressed homeless guy though..lol

stloads
Fixed

Buy a good vacuum.

Buy cleaning supplies and laundry detergent.

Buy a disco ball.

Tool kit with extra flashlight and pack of double-A batteries.

Take pics of everything. They will try to claim you damaged things you didn't when you move out. Even if its new take pictures. Oh and never trust an apartment management company.

Very comfortable couch is critical.

How old are you? What do you do for a living? What is your drug of choice?

All important questions.

So a guy finally gets out of this parents' house after 9 years and the best advice we have for him is to get renters insurance?

brohan i guess it all depends where you are if you are in a rough spot of town then you might wnat to get some window bars and put a few more locks on the door maybe a gun but ify ou are tkaing it ot the bank and living the high life then some furniture and a good bed because sleep helps your body recover for tomororw so that you can keep on working and livnig brohan so that is my advice and i wish you luck in your new adventure me matey

'Studs & Duds said:

Take pics of everything. They will try to claim you damaged things you didn't when you move out. Even if its new take pictures. Oh and never trust an apartment management company.
:goodposting: Surprised it took 30 replies to get to this one. Take pics when you leave too.

You need to get a large calendar and hang it somewhere close to your bed. Before you go bar hopping, write "Meeting 8:00 AM" in large letters on the following date. That way if you rope a chick and bring her back to your place you can point to the calendar after you're done and say, "Sorry, honey, but I got a big meeting at the crack of dawn so you gotta go."

Users who are viewing this thread