What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getting sick of maintenance (1 Viewer)

Everyone is still vulnerable to social attacks to get a CS agent to let someone into the account
Translation for a dummy?
CS customer service

Calling the credit card company and pretending to be you.
Yes, or even these days cases of folks training AI with your voice to call customer service to get access. Really scary stuff.
Someone that smart would have much better targets than me.

I hope.

Sitting here eating my healthy breakfast.. hard boiled eggs, chickpeas, some cottage cheese, and a meh tasting cold brew.. just took my vitamins.. And i'm just mad I can't pour a MASSIVE bowl of cinammon toast crunch, NOT take these viamins, and having a giant delicious latte with caramel and cream like the obese woman that just walked in the door.
Don’t agree with your outlook at all, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch is delicious.
The negativity or the general vibe
Both. I’m not trying to be harsh, but the concept that achieving and maintaining a high quality of life/standard of living should be easy is absurd imo. Anything worthwhile requires effort, usually a lot of it.

It also makes me think you may not encounter enough suffering in your day-to-day life. Volunteer in a homeless shelter, hospice, the developing world, or anywhere people are less fortunate. Not only is it rewarding to assist people in need, it helps with perspective.

Sitting here eating my healthy breakfast.. hard boiled eggs, chickpeas, some cottage cheese, and a meh tasting cold brew.. just took my vitamins.. And i'm just mad I can't pour a MASSIVE bowl of cinammon toast crunch, NOT take these viamins, and having a giant delicious latte with caramel and cream like the obese woman that just walked in the door.
Both. I’m not trying to be harsh, but the concept that achieving and maintaining a high quality of life/standard of living should be easy is absurd imo. Anything worthwhile requires effort, usually a lot of it.

It also makes me think you may not encounter enough suffering in your day-to-day life. Volunteer in a homeless shelter, hospice, the developing world, or anywhere people are less fortunate. Not only is it rewarding to assist people in need, it helps with perspective.

I don't suffer much, you got me there.

Well not until about the last 15 months... but that's another thing altogether

This.

My neighbor was complaing about the price of gas, politics, how it's so hard to really get ahead, etc... I said "c'mon, look at where we live. Look at the houses we own. Look at the nice cars in our big driveways... most of the world can't even dream of this. Big deal... you have to spend a little more on gas. I'm sure we'll find a way to survive." To his credit, he was actually a bit introspective about it.

don't like eating healthy, exercise is fine. But you can see why most people fall off and fail. Good athletic health is difficult to maintain
Until you get addicted. Then it’s, well not easy but almost automatic. Habitual.
Financial ****. Also legal, medical, financial stuff for an incompetent parent and two children.

It adds up.
Yep. I actually enjoy most of this but wife hates it.
We have a standing monthly lunch date now where we go over the spreadsheet and Sorta budget - fuzzily, while tracking what we’ve been doing. It’s super romantic 💕🥰

👍🏽 if you want to change your perspective. Go visit orphanages in China (actually don’t do that now, maybe later), Costa Rica or other countries.
You don’t need to go that far, but it definitely made a difference.

Everyone is still vulnerable to social attacks to get a CS agent to let someone into the account
Translation for a dummy?
CS customer service

Calling the credit card company and pretending to be you.
Yes, or even these days cases of folks training AI with your voice to call customer service to get access. Really scary stuff.
Someone that smart would have much better targets than me.

I hope.
Your selfie shows you to be an NFL player, so :scared:.

We have a standing monthly lunch date now where we go over the spreadsheet and Sorta budget - fuzzily, while tracking what we’ve been doing. It’s super romantic 💕🥰
Yeah - I have given up on a budget. Too many things pop up - last month was $900 the wife and kids spent at the optometrist (sheesh, of all things). I track and I have a hazy hope of what the next month will be.

Shouldn't have to be condemned
you are not condemned to anything.

you are free to choose anything you like.

including giving it ALL up and LIVING again, or keeping all as is, or choosing anything in between.

just sayin

Last edited:

What’s been going on?

Yeah - I have given up on a budget. Too many things pop up - last month was $900 the wife and kids spent at the optometrist (sheesh, of all things). I track and I have a hazy hope of what the next month will be.
Agreed. One of the major benefits of earning a decent wage is not worrying about money too much - although it’s seemingly all some rich people think about.

What’s been going on?
Wife has had long COVID fatigue and other symptoms since July 2022.

Admittedly that has caused a 50 percent spike for me in stuff I have to do around the house, have to be "on" all the time to be empathetic, and has cut down on tons of fun things we can't do anymore due to them being too physically challenging to do anymore.

Added a dog to the house a year ago .. thought the kids would help take care of it... they don't

And I wrecked my back last summer after having problems with it on and off for decades... so I embarked on an ambitious YouTube workout plan to remedy it finally. The good news it's worked brilliantly. Better back, flexibility, hips and neck than I had in my 30s. Downside is all the time it takes

And I wrecked my back last summer after having problems with it on and off for decades... so I embarked on an ambitious YouTube workout plan to remedy it finally. The good news it's worked brilliantly. Better back, flexibility, hips and neck than I had in my 30s. Downside is all the time it takes
Link?

I saw something on this recently that highlighted how we all have these houses now that would be considered mansions not that long ago. People who had houses like we do had a staff of people to do all the chores and maintenance.

I saw something on this recently that highlighted how we all have these houses now that would be considered mansions not that long ago. People who had houses like we do had a staff of people to do all the chores and maintenance.
We downsized from our house to a 1 bedroom condo in 2021 and its been great. So much less to do. It also helped that we got out of NYC too. Much less stress and more opportunities for exercise and healthy living here in Boise.

Changing your password

I suggest to everyone to get a password manager. I have one complex password (it's 15 characters, mixed case, with a number and a few characters) for the password manager plus MFA and that's it. I honestly do not know any other password I have. The pw manager I use has a built in pw generator, I generate pw's, store them in the pw manager and I'm done. I have 90 accounts stored in mine. Honestly, of all the things I've ever done that I wish I had done sooner, this is one of them. I did this about 2 years ago and I wish I had done it a lot sooner. Do a google search, find one you're comfortable with and pull the trigger, you won't regret it.
Does the password manager work well across platforms - can I use it from my phone, iPad, and Windows laptop?

I'm getting more notifications of my info on the dark web and that my info may have been compromised in a data breach. Not sure what the actual risk is, but I'm guessing the difficulty in setting up preventative measuers is easier than dealing with fraud after the fact.

Changing your password

I suggest to everyone to get a password manager. I have one complex password (it's 15 characters, mixed case, with a number and a few characters) for the password manager plus MFA and that's it. I honestly do not know any other password I have. The pw manager I use has a built in pw generator, I generate pw's, store them in the pw manager and I'm done. I have 90 accounts stored in mine. Honestly, of all the things I've ever done that I wish I had done sooner, this is one of them. I did this about 2 years ago and I wish I had done it a lot sooner. Do a google search, find one you're comfortable with and pull the trigger, you won't regret it.
Does the password manager work well across platforms - can I use it from my phone, iPad, and Windows laptop?

I'm getting more notifications of my info on the dark web and that my info may have been compromised in a data breach. Not sure what the actual risk is, but I'm guessing the difficulty in setting up preventative measuers is easier than dealing with fraud after the fact.
All of the major ones that I know of do. Bitwarden, 1Password, NordPass, Dashlane.

All of the major ones that I know of do. Bitwarden, 1Password, NordPass, Dashlane.
Will they autofill in an app??

Airline apps, I only open when using them, months between uses, and I always have to copy paste from elsewhere
Bitwarden's browser plugin and their iOS apps will, but you have to click on it to tell it to fill it. on iOS you have to authenticate to Bitwarden and then it will fill it for you.

Will they autofill in an app??

Airline apps, I only open when using them, months between uses, and I always have to copy paste from elsewhere
Just used my 1password to change my FBG password that was exposed in a data breach. I've been using it for 2 years. It's changed my (online) life.

we live in a house that's twice as big as any i lived in growing up. kids will be moving out in a few short years. and all i keep hearing is "when the kids move out we can afford a bigger house".

i'm team downsize but i'm also stupid, so

Changing your password

I've become numb to data breaches. Froze my credit over a decade ago, and don't really care about the credit score anyway. Just check my cc/banking/investment statements regularly, for unexplained activity.
So far, so good. :shrug:

ETA I see I said the same thing half a year ago. Guess I like living on the edge.

Last edited:
Changing your password

I've become numb to data breaches. Froze my credit over a decade ago, and don't really care about the credit score anyway. Just check my cc/banking/investment statements regularly, for unexplained activity.
So far, so good. :shrug:

ETA I see I said the same thing half a year ago. Guess I like living on the edge.
Same. I have alerts set up for my checking account since they have weak fraud protection. Otherwise, if its an authorized charge with cc, I just dispute it.

we live in a house that's twice as big as any i lived in growing up. kids will be moving out in a few short years. and all i keep hearing is "when the kids move out we can afford a bigger house".

i'm team downsize but i'm also stupid, so

Same here but we did consider buying a large piece of property in WV and building a homestead. One of my friends reminded me that by the time all that happens I’ll be an old man and won’t want to live a farmers life.

Still want the land, but only want a rambler with an open floor plan except for two bedrooms/bathrooms. Shooting for the least amount of maintenance possible.

I'm definitely on the tiny home side of this. So much waste normally
3BR | 1 Bath - 1,000 sq. ft. here.

I might like 1,500 sq feet....but this is nice and manageable.

Waste? Ha! Man cave on one end of the house, wife on the other end. "Wasted" space between us is bliss!

I live in a townhouse with a small front and small back yard. Back yard is fenced in and there is no way to access my back yard except through the house. Whole back yard is about 350 SF. I’m so tired of either using a line trimmer to cut the grass which takes longer than I’d like, or having to haul my mower throw the house to get it out back.

Seriously thinking of buying a robotic mower like this Worx mower so I don’t have to keep dealing with my back yard all the time.

@mr. furley - when are you coming out?

:coffee:

:oldunsure:

:oldunsure:
Do it

Damn, you got me beat. I have a 3 br 1200 ft and I think that's too big. Its even got a finished basement that I also never use. Now I do have 1.5 acres which I love for the woodsy setting and not having any close proximity to my neighbors.

I live in a townhouse with a small front and small back yard. Back yard is fenced in and there is no way to access my back yard except through the house. Whole back yard is about 350 SF. I’m so tired of either using a line trimmer to cut the grass which takes longer than I’d like, or having to haul my mower throw the house to get it out back.

Seriously thinking of buying a robotic mower like this Worx mower so I don’t have to keep dealing with my back yard all the time.
Get a goat

~1000 square feet is average in much of Europe, and homes are even smaller in Asia. We're just gluttons for space, and stuff - there's certainly no shortage of self-storage facilities.

And we probably whine the most about "maintenance" :cry:

FTR, my home is 1300 sq ft, and I'd love to downsize.

880 sqft 1BR condo right now. We might get a 2br if something comes up or maybe a townhouse but since 2021, it's been fine for us. We downsized big time from our house.

Users who are viewing this thread