What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashad Jennings (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings - RB - Giants

ESPN Giants reporter Dan Graziano has gotten indications from the coaches that Rashad Jennings will be asked to help in pass protection this week.

The Giants' shaky offensive line is going to need all the help they can get dealing with J.J. Watt. It appears they'll ask Jennings to stay in and help, or at least chip. Jennings, who has four catches in each of the first two games, may not get there this week.

Source: ESPN.com

Sep 19 - 11:06 PM

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings rushed for 176 yards and one touchdown on 34 carries in the Giants' Week 3, 30-17 drubbing of the Texans.

It was a career day for Jennings, who set a new career-high in rushing yards by 68 yards over his previous mark. He's now totaled 381 yards and two scores through three games as the Giants' clear-cut every-down workhorse. Jennings plays in every situation and gets the goal-line looks, as he pounded his score in from one yard out in this one. Jennings gets the Redskins next Thursday night.

Sep 21 - 4:14 PM

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings rushed for 176 yards and one touchdown on 34 carries in the Giants' Week 3, 30-17 drubbing of the Texans.

It was a career day for Jennings, who set a new career-high in rushing yards by 68 yards over his previous mark. He's now totaled 381 yards and two scores through three games as the Giants' clear-cut every-down workhorse. Jennings plays in every situation and gets the goal-line looks, as he pounded his score in from one yard out in this one. Jennings gets the Redskins next Thursday night.

Not bad huh?

Sep 21 - 4:14 PM

I couldn't even get a second round rookie pick for this guy in our rookie draft back in August. Glad my league mates saved me from myself

great game. now time for us all to get killed by the thursday night short-week death train.
yikes, you'd think coughlin could have given a few of those carries to williams at the end of the game.
Williams will get his eventually....

I am a Jennings owner and will not be starting him Thursday....Skins have good run D terrible against pass just lost Hall

I am a Jennings owner and will not be starting him Thursday....Skins have good run D terrible against pass just lost Hall
That's crazy, IMO. Jennings is too hot to bench. While the Redskins did sell out to stop McCoy yesterday, they did allow 100+ to Arian Foster Week 1, so this supposed good run defense comes and goes.

That's crazy, IMO. Jennings is too hot to bench. While the Redskins did sell out to stop McCoy yesterday, they did allow 100+ to Arian Foster Week 1, so this supposed good run defense comes and goes.
Yeah, Jennings is one of the few guys who gets 75% of his team's carries. Just on volume alone you have to start him, plus he's playing well. Hopefully he'll do well on the short week.

Anyone considering selling high? His injury history is less than stellar, I'd like to know what people are getting offered right now in dynasty or keeper leagues

Yeah, Jennings is one of the few guys who gets 75% of his team's carries. Just on volume alone you have to start him, plus he's playing well. Hopefully he'll do well on the short week.
He's in the top 10 at RB so far this year. Anyone sitting him is crazy

He's in the top 10 at RB so far this year. Anyone sitting him is crazy
That and the only reason he didn't catch balls this week was he had to stay in against Houston's line (Watt).

eta - 4 catches each weeks 1 & 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I said in the Giants thread months ago that this was one of Coughlins best free agent picks. Coughlin loves a no non sense runner who can play in all aspects of the game. Jennings was a late bloomer in the NFL. If you watched last year in Oakland he was great the second half of the year when he became the lead dog.

Jennings has enough burst to hit holes and he sees the holes well. He also has very good power as he is a big back 6'1, 231 lbs. He catches the ball naturally and he rarely fumbles (last week was a fluke). Also, he has been a very good blocker. Coughlin wanted this guy for a reason. Sometimes the stars align for players and they have those out of no where fantasy seasons that you just ride. This seems to be the case. Unless he is injured you are getting a RB who touches the ball 20 plus times a game. Just enjoy the ride.

Anyone considering selling high? His injury history is less than stellar, I'd like to know what people are getting offered right now in dynasty or keeper leagues
Im actually thinking about buying him in the leagues I dont have him in hopes that his owners think he wont remain a RB1 and think theyre "selling high"

I'd put him and Bradshaw in the same boat. They both look like great plays the rest of the year, but there's a decent chance the wheels fall off at some point due to injury

I'd put him and Bradshaw in the same boat. They both look like great plays the rest of the year, but there's a decent chance the wheels fall off at some point due to injury
Id be far more concerned about Bradshaw's injury history than Jennings, and thats not even considering Bradshaw's added mileage.

party is over for jennings owners it looks like. andre was in on all of the important goal line situations tonight. andre started the 2nd half and got more possessions too. really shoulda sold him last week.

party is over for jennings owners it looks like. andre was in on all of the important goal line situations tonight. andre started the 2nd half and got more possessions too. really shoulda sold him last week.
Make sure you sell Jennings then. I think I'll hold on to him.

bull####. The coaches said theyd give williams more work due to the short week and after the heavy workload jennings had last week. Im buying, kid looks awesome

no i expected him to get at least one carry from the one yard line when the game was still in question and they had like 12 plays from there. but andre williams was in for all of those plays and got 2 carries.

hes not worth much when hes getting 12 carries, no goal line looks, and 2 targets.

Jennings will have a great week next week. Not worried at all. Jennings just had 35+ carries less than a week ago. That's enough carries for 2weeks worth of games he needed a break to stay fresh.

What an idiotic post. We should be selling Jennings after tonights blowout performance?
is reading comprehension that hard? i mean, its pretty straight forward, cut and dry, literal. i said we shoulda sold him before this game. its pretty clear he has ceded the red zone and goal line opps to andre williams and its only a matter of time before the overall touches converge.

What an idiotic post. We should be selling Jennings after tonights blowout performance?
is reading comprehension that hard? i mean, its pretty straight forward, cut and dry, literal. i said we shoulda sold him before this game. its pretty clear he has ceded the red zone and goal line opps to andre williams and its only a matter of time before the overall touches converge.
Did this clown get a lobotomy or something. Worst poster on this board.

bull####. The coaches said theyd give williams more work due to the short week and after the heavy workload jennings had last week. Im buying, kid looks awesome
if that was so obv, then why was jennings a top 10 play in all formats on fbg rankings and fantasy pros rankings? why was there no debate on if he should be benched today?

Typical panic. He is tired. Try getting hit 36 times running for 150+yards and then play another game 4days later. Jennings is the number 1 back and will get 20+carries next week. He played the first half and they realized they had a great lead so they rested him. Look at foster 2 back to back weeks of 30+ carries and he blows a hammy. Giants obviously read the news and new about foster and said we don't want that to happen. Even the backups' backup is getting carries aka hillis

Overreact much?

Typical panic. He is tired. Try getting hit 36 times running for 150+yards and then play another game 4days later. Jennings is the number 1 back and will get 20+carries next week. He played the first half and they realized they had a great lead so they rested him. Look at foster 2 back to back weeks of 30+ carries and he blows a hammy. Giants obviously read the news and new about foster and said we don't want that to happen. Even the backups' backup is getting carries aka hillis
i dont expect him to get carries in garbage time. but the start of the 3rd quarter of a 17 point game is far from garbage time and far from the time to rest a player. esp at the goal line.

all im saying is that the guy went from a top 10 rb to a mid to low end rb2. we probably coulda traded him for lacy or ball prior to this game but now his value has plummeted. and he cost most of us the week. that sucks.

Rough night, rough game script for Jennings owners. Giants were in control from the very onset of the game, and while he got a couple chances (and dropped a touchdown too) there was just no reason for Coughlin to have him out there. The Redskins wouldn't stop giving the ball back, and there was no reason to risk Jennings, who will continue to be the backbone of this offense. If you're selling, I'm certainly buying.

I am pretty sure we just witnessed a man go through menopause and post it on these boards in one half of football!

Yeah rest of season I would rather have Jennings over ball or lacy. Ball looks like Trent Richardson 2.0 just a slow plodder everyone ASSUMED he would be top 5 because of manning but clearly isn't. Lacy and the green bay offense just looks like a joke and green bay is a pass first team lacy will be lucky to finish top 20. If Jennings stays healthy this year he will finish top 15 maybe 10 for ppr

Rough night, rough game script for Jennings owners. Giants were in control from the very onset of the game, and while he got a couple chances (and dropped a touchdown too) there was just no reason for Coughlin to have him out there. The Redskins wouldn't stop giving the ball back, and there was no reason to risk Jennings, who will continue to be the backbone of this offense. If you're selling, I'm certainly buying.
And yet, if the Giants were up and controlling a game, Jennings owners could reasonably expect that they would use him to grind out the clock. But that didn't happen. If you knew before the game that the Redskins were going to have 5 turnovers, Jennings would have been a top 5 RB start. Most rankings already had him in the top 10.

Can't fault NYG for getting Jennings some rest and getting Williams legit playing time, but good lord did this kill my game. The good news is Williams, while looking serviceable, did not look nearly as good as jennings has this year. I expect Jennings to put up some big games when the defense doesn't totally fold, and now that Eli and co. are in sync, Jennings running should get even more room to roam. Today is a scratch, but next week and beyond I like my RJ.

Why would you grind your best runner into the ground if you dont have to? I hate Rotoworld but even they were able to connect the dots. If you cant see that you are either new to fantasy or trolling for attention. Im not going to waste another second feeding the stupid. Moving on.

Why would you grind your best runner into the ground if you dont have to? I hate Rotoworld but even they were able to connect the dots. If you cant see that you are either new to fantasy or trolling for attention. Im not going to waste another second feeding the stupid. Moving on.
ya theres a huge difference between running the guy into the ground and splitting series in the 3rd qtr while up 17 while losing gl reps.

Yeah, act all shocked they put it the new guy after Jennings had 34 carries earlier this same week and the game was far out of reach.

The coach is trying to do the best for his real team, not your magic football team, genius.
If the coach is really that concerned about saving his players or preventing injury I don't understand how he could leave in Eli deep into the 4th quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, act all shocked they put it the new guy after Jennings had 34 carries earlier this same week and the game was far out of reach.

The coach is trying to do the best for his real team, not your magic football team, genius.
If the coach is really that concerned about saving his players or preventing injury I don't understand how he could leave Eli in deep into the 4th quarter.
Say! You have a point! This just in! Andre Williams owners should be worried too! Peyton Hillis stole fourth quarter carries! Holy ####! Drop in all formats! Jennings, Williams, Hillis, and David Wilson (yes the track runner) are NOW in a full blown timeshare after today's game. CLEARLY, the tide has shifted! Thank God we have been warned or we would still be stuck with part time bums like Jennings. How could I not have seen this?!?!? I would also like to get out ahead of Calvin Johnson as well. Golden Tate received more practice reps and is a threat to Calvin's targets. The sky is falling!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread