What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashad Jennings (1 Viewer)

Giants.com's John Schmeelk believes Rashad Jennings will "get around 15-18 carries a game."

Jennings is generally expected to open the season as the primary ball carrier for the Giants, but Schmeelk's projection is aggressive. That does not mean it is off base. Jennings averaged just under 20 carries a game over the final four weeks of last season, which also happened to be the most effective stretch for the Giants' running game. His ability to stay healthy will always be a question and rookie Paul Perkins could steal some work, but Jennings should have a bigger than expected workload early in the season. Jul 5 - 9:28 AM

Source: Giants.com

The New York Daily News' Ralph Vacchiano believes Rashad Jennings is the "likely workhorse" in the Giants' backfield.

Vacchiano sees Jennings handling the majority of the carries after seeing just 48 percent last season. Jennings is the favorite for the lead role entering training camp, but he is 31 with a checkered injury past. It is far from a given he is able to stay healthy and hold off fifth-round RB Paul Perkins all season. Vacchiano also thinks Andre Williams will remain the secondary back over Perkins. Considering Williams is one of the worst running backs in the league, we have a difficult time believing that one. May 12 - 9:50 AM

Source: New York Daily News

The New York Daily News believes it's "clear" Rashad Jennings will be the Giants' lead back this season, and that the team is scrapping its four-man committee.

The G-Men employed a stunningly ineffective committee for the majority of 2015 before leaning on Jennings down the stretch. Jennings got the ball 86 times over New York's final four games, creating 521 yards from scrimmage. For the season, he averaged a healthy 4.4 yards per carry. Jennings is 31 with a bit of an injury history, but he's currently a dirt cheap RB2 in fantasy drafts.

Related: Shane VereenAndre WilliamsOrleans DarkwaPaul Perkins

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Got him at rb 35.  Killer.  Starting rb amongst a bunch of backups 

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Coprich make this team? I think Williams is done with 2  years of a ypc of 3. He wasn't drafted in the 1st Rd like Trent Richardson so no more chances to redeem himself.

Rashad Jennings will be a Top-15 Running Back

Jennings is now 31 years old and has never reached 200 carries in an NFL season, but we got a good look at what can happen when the Giants abandoned their heinous running back rotation a year ago. Over the final four games, the Giants gave Jennings at least 60 percent of the team carries in each game after averaging 40 percent through the first 12 weeks. Jennings closed the season as the RB21, RB14, RB19 and RB1 in weekly scoring with two of those games coming against Carolina and Minnesota, so those totals weren’t just all from schedule lining up with volume. Even with Shane Vereen having a clear role in the passing game, Jennings still secured 29 grabs in his limited action as well. The Giants should have one the league’s highest scoring offenses again and have a light strength of schedule, giving Jennings an opportunity to make the most of finally being at the head of the Giants' backfield plans.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/64450/478/32-bold-calls-for-2016?pg=2http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/64450/478/32-bold-calls-for-2016?pg=2

16 team league and is first guy on my bench.  May unseat Lockett as my 5th starter.  Hope he gets the bulk of the carries. 

Jennings never saw the field in the red zone .  Vereen was in for every snap and very involved.  

I drafted Jennings late in a couple of leagues and I was very excited and thought he would easily outperform his draft position.  

After watching his usage in this game , I am pretty sure I was very wrong 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think def worth holding.

If he was on my wire, I would rate him above all the wait and see "lotto tickets" out there.

Any updates on his injury?  Is he worth holding in redraft?
:shrug:   ESPN player update says this:

Jennings (thumb) sat out for the third straight week, again leaving a mess of a committee in his place. He may return in Week 6 -- just in time to face the Ravens, who haven't allowed a running back to reach the end zone since Week 2. He's a flex option, but not much more.
Someone in my 10 team redraft dropped him this week.  I put in a waiver claim on him dropping Ivory.  Figures if it goes through maybe he can help later in the year.  Not much on the WW for RBs...

Weird in that there were multiple reports that he was close to playing each of the last 3 weeks.

I've been trying to trade him since before the injury.  Basically since watching him in weeks 1 and 2. 

Him not playing has killed his value but I think it will be low even once he comes back b/c I don't see him playing particularly well and the offense as a whole has looked much worse than I expected.

Its a deep league so I'll just hang onto him but will continue to actively shop him for backup type players.

Sun, Oct 16

Rashad Jennings (thumb) is expected to return for Sunday's Week 6 game against the Ravens.

Advice: NFL Network's Ian Rapoport cautioned that the Giants will check him out one last time during pregame warmups, though Jennings is full expected to get the green light. His return will be a big boost to a Giants' running game that's been running on fumes the past several weeks. It's not an enticing matchup but Jennings should still see enough work to warrant RB3 consideration on Sunday.

MoreIan Rapoport on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Grimly held on to him these past weeks, lets see how today goes. Running games can turn around inside seasons, his run at the end of last year being an example.

Still holding on even though Bloom has said to drop on the past two Waiver wire podcasts. Anybody else ? Im getting sorely tempted to drop him for a D Wash, Don Jackson type. Still, starting RBs don't grow on trees and maybe the Giants start to get their running game going a bit more now that Eli/Beckham have started to it some pay dirt 

Still holding on even though Bloom has said to drop on the past two Waiver wire podcasts. Anybody else ? Im getting sorely tempted to drop him for a D Wash, Don Jackson type. Still, starting RBs don't grow on trees and maybe the Giants start to get their running game going a bit more now that Eli/Beckham have started to it some pay dirt 
Dropping him would be ridiculous 

Well that's what I think, it was weird hearing Bloom two weeks running saying drop Jennings in a blase fashion which made me start doubting myself 
Normally Bloom is right on target but this is out to lunch thinking. Unless you are talking very short benches.

Dropped him weeks ago to pick up Booker, and haven't looked back. Truly a waste of a roster spot, with a severely capped upside and a rock bottom floor. Give me any number of lottery tickets over him.

Who is holding on to him?  I have no confidence in playing him
He's played like dog####. The line isn't helping him either. I'm not sure that Perkins is the answer either but those that drafted him will likely get a chance to make their case. It's pretty clear though that Jennings is done as a starter.

A part of me wanted him to stink it up again so that I could drop him for roster space.

Then he puts up 100 yards last night, best game he's had all season, and I can't just let that go to the WW.

I guess I'm stuck with him for now. Don't know whether to be happy or sad.

Users who are viewing this thread