What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashad Jennings (2 Viewers)

In my championship, I'm starting Matthews over Jennings as my RB2, and I'm starting Vincent Jackson as my flex over him.

I'm not overly confident in either decision, and I'd be very confident with Jennings in there too.

Rotoworld:

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie said he hopes to re-sign free agent RB Rashad Jennings.

Jennings had a major bounce back year in 2013, rushing for 733 yards and six touchdowns on 163 carries (4.5 YPC) while taking over as the Raiders' starting running back in Week 10. With Darren McFadden widely expected to test free agency, Jennings figures to be brought back on a short-term deal. He turns 29 this offseason.

Source: Paul Gutierrez on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Speaking in a Thursday interview, Raiders coach Dennis Allen classified Rashad Jennings as a free-agent priority, but didn't say the same for Darren McFadden.

Allen alluded to market forces when asked about DMC's Raiders future. It's abundantly clear the Raiders hope to go into 2014 with Jennings as part of their running-back rotation, if not the outright starter. Turning 29 next month, Jennings is highly unlikely to command any guaranteed money beyond 2014.

Related: Darren McFadden

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Rotoworld:

CSN Bay Are reports the Raiders "remain a major player" for free agent Rashad Jennings.
The free-agent running back market has been ice-cold to this point, which could make Jennings extremely affordable even after an impressive season in Oakland. The Raiders have a ton of money to spend and have previously stated their desire to re-sign Jennings. Even at 29, he still has plenty of tread on his tires.

Source: Scott Bair on Twitter

Rotoworld:

CSN Bay Are reports the Raiders "remain a major player" for free agent Rashad Jennings.
The free-agent running back market has been ice-cold to this point, which could make Jennings extremely affordable even after an impressive season in Oakland. The Raiders have a ton of money to spend and have previously stated their desire to re-sign Jennings. Even at 29, he still has plenty of tread on his tires.

Source: Scott Bair on Twitter
I'm rooting for the Chargers to sign him.

The question I have is it more or less likely that he return to Oakland now that he is hitting the open market. I tend to think that the Raiders would have offered him something before he hit the open market with all the cap room and the low market value of RBs.

Rotoworld:

CSN Bay Area reports the Giants have made an offer to free agent Rashad Jennings.
Per reporter Fallon Smith, Jennings is "waiting on Oakland to make their move now." The Giants re-signed Peyton Hillis to a two-year, $1.8 million contract Tuesday, but definitely need another body or two in their backfield. Depending on David Wilson's health, Jennings would have lots of touches at his disposal in New York.

Related: Giants

Source: Fallon Smith on Twitter

Interesting situation. Jennings and Brown seem pretty similar, very close talent wise.

Unexpected, but I like it for the G-Men. Does make one wonder if Brown will be re-signed now, though, but I have to think that there is no way Reese can go with only Hillis and a Wilson wild-card behind Jennings...

Seeing as the Giants already resigned Hillis, I am pretty sure they are only signing one more back. I think they go into the season with Jennings/Brown, Hillis, Wilson and probably a late rookie that can play special teams.

Seeing as the Giants already resigned Hillis, I am pretty sure they are only signing one more back. I think they go into the season with Jennings/Brown, Hillis, Wilson and probably a late rookie that can play special teams.
You think they need Brown, Jennings, Wilson and Hillis? Seems excessive no? Jennings as starter (225 carries), Wilson change of pace (125 carries), and Hillis 3rd stringer/back-up. Do they need Brown too?

You think they need Brown, Jennings, Wilson and Hillis? Seems excessive no? Jennings as starter (225 carries), Wilson change of pace (125 carries), and Hillis 3rd stringer/back-up. Do they need Brown too?
I said Jennings / Brown, at the time I didn't know they had already signed Jennings.

OTAs, training camp, preseason, 16 game schedule...one of those guys will likely get a bump or bruise along the way.

As a Jennings owner what does this do to his value? Are we thinking rb2, flex play? How about his value in trades? Early to mid 2nd in rookie drafts?

As a Jennings owner what does this do to his value? Are we thinking rb2, flex play? How about his value in trades? Early to mid 2nd in rookie drafts?
Just a solid guy who will do well some weeks but you may have a tough time picking the right match ups. David Wilson will factor into the equation somehow.

Jennings had a chance the last couple years and was OK at times, pretty good a couple times, but trying to bank on him as consistent, don't see that right now. It's early.

OTAs, training camp, preseason, 16 game schedule...one all of those guys will likely get a bump or bruise along the way.
FYP.

Rotoworld:

The New York Daily News expects Rashad Jennings to be the Giants "No. 1 back."
David Wilson (neck surgery) is a major question mark, Peyton Hillis is depth and Andre Brown is a goner. Jennings has never entered a season as a feature back, but has shown reasonably well when given opportunities. He has 387 carries for 1,677 yards (4.33 YPC) with 13 touchdowns and 97 catches for 746 yards in a four-year career. A reliable non-fumbler and pass protector for Tom Coughlin, Jennings can be penciled in as a feature back.

Source: New York Daily News

Rotoworld:

Coach Tom Coughlin referred to Rashad Jennings as an "all-purpose player" Wednesday.
The Giants believe Jennings is capable of being a three-down back, something that is reflected by the lack of depth behind him. David Wilson is coming off neck surgery and won't be trusted on third downs, and Peyton Hillis is no lock to even make the final roster. Jennings isn't flashy, but he's a Coughlin back because he protects the football and the quarterback. He'll also be a part of the screen game.

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Reminds me of a Ced Ben/Thomas Jones situaiton. Not comparing the players but that situation where a guy people thought was good started off in a bad situation and/or on a bad team and then very late on got in a good spot with very little wear and tear on him.

Guys like this (let's call them the FJAX-effect) turn fantasy leagues inside out. THey are always criminally undervalued and make huge impacts and the process seems to draw out impossibly long until someone looks up and says "Man, team X has been killing me with that 32 year old RB for 3 years now".

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings - RB - Giants

Rashad Jennings is working as the first-team tailback at Giants OTAs.

Peyton Hillis is with the twos, and rookie Andre Williams is running with the third-team offense. Although 29-year-old Jennings isn't a long-term tailback solution, reliable ball security and pass protection give him the edge to open the season as New York's lead runner. He's averaging a solid 4.33 YPC for his career. Jennings is worth targeting in fantasy drafts as an RB2/flex.

Source: New York Daily News

Jun 6 - 12:45 AM

Rotoworld:

Following minicamp, Giants GM Jerry Reese referred to Rashad Jennings as a "bellcow type" of back.

"He’s definitely a bellcow type of a running back," said Reese. "He can run it, he can catch it, he can block, he can do everything with it." It's worth noting Reese didn't commit to Jennings handling "bellcow" work; he simply referred to Jennings as a capable "bellcow type." Still, it's pretty clear the Giants envision Jennings as a three-down player, even if he ends up rotating often with Andre Williams and/or Peyton Hillis, and/or David Wilson. Jennings will be an interesting RB2 pick for owners willing to wait a bit at running back in drafts.

Source: CBS New York

Jun 24 - 4:29 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN New York expects Rashad Jennings to lead the Giants in carries and be the team's "workhorse" at running back.

This lines up with what GM Jerry Reese said following minicamp, when he called Jennings a "bellcow type." Jennings can run it between the tackles, catch the ball, and pick up the blitz. Although Jennings is 29, he's carried the ball just 387 times in his NFL career. There's plenty of tread on his tires. David Wilson figures to be Jennings' biggest threat once he's cleared, while Andre Williams and/or Peyton Hillis could steal some short-yardage/goal-line work. Jennings is squarely in the fantasy RB2 mix heading into camp.

Source: ESPN New York

Thoughts on this dude? He couldn't get it done, but I always felt like he was a decent back. I'm tempted to give up on him. Is there any value to him as a potential free agent or is this dude Jason Smelling part II? Could also be that Jax's O just makes him look worse than he is?
I'm not really concerned with his value as a free agent at this time.

Faust said:
@evansilva · 6h

Rashad Jennings is solid, but good case can be made there are at least 2 RBs on #Giants more talented than him. I'll pass on RJ's Rd 4 ADP.
Retweeted by Evan Silva

Jason Wood @fbgwood · 1h
Rashad Jennings is an average back folks. Unless you think NY has suddenly become a plug and play run blocking team, he's a BUST at this ADP
Where is Jennings going in round 4? FBG's expert rankings in PPR, 12 team leagues has him at 5.3 and MFL, which is more indicative of where the average joe drafts him, is at 7.7 or RB27. I think he has a good chance at top 20 so I don't understand where these people are coming from. The guy has probably less competition than any other RB in the league unless David Wilson magically gets healthy, learns how to block and quits fumbling. I suppose he became proficient at those deficiencies while recovering from spinal fusion? Or if rookie Andre Williams is actually going to become one of the few rookie RB phenoms?

Rotoworld:

The Bergen Record's Art Stapleton suggests the Giants may use a "three-back rotation" involving Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, and rookie Andre Williams this season.

They also have Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox on the roster. Stapleton believes the theoretical three-headed monster could help "keep Jennings fresh," as the career backup will be 29 1/2 years old in Week 1, and has never handled more than 163 carries in a season. (He's also never played 16 games.) In this scenario -- based on the first practice of Giants camp -- Jennings would be the starter and lead back, Wilson would come off the bench to change the pace, and hammerhead power back Williams would vulture short-yardage work.

Source: Art Stapleton on Twitter

Jul 22 - 7:51 PM

Rotoworld:

The Bergen Record's Art Stapleton suggests the Giants may use a "three-back rotation" involving Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, and rookie Andre Williams this season.

They also have Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox on the roster. Stapleton believes the theoretical three-headed monster could help "keep Jennings fresh," as the career backup will be 29 1/2 years old in Week 1, and has never handled more than 163 carries in a season. (He's also never played 16 games.) In this scenario -- based on the first practice of Giants camp -- Jennings would be the starter and lead back, Wilson would come off the bench to change the pace, and hammerhead power back Williams would vulture short-yardage work.

A beat writer said that Williams has been showing another gear during camp. If true, Williams may see more than just short yardage work.

"Andre Williams showed he may have some hands after all and made a nice grab. He also showed he really has a second gear when it comes to speed. He sprinted down the field after a running play and surprised with his speed." - Conner Hughes of BBI

Rotoworld:

This is exactly opposite of what Eli Manning was just stating today on his live interviews at the Giants camp.

Basically it was all Jenning until the 3rd or 4th quarter and then a couple of guys (like Wilson) to change things on the defense.

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings managed 23 yards on seven carries in Sunday night's preseason opener, adding three catches for 20 yards.

Jennings was heavily involved in the screen game and had a few nice runs against Buffalo's second-team defense. He was repeatedly stuffed in the backfield against the Bills' starters. Of most concern for Jennings' fantasy stock was rookie Andre Williams' superior running and three-yard touchdown with the Giants' first-team offense. Jennings-Williams has a chance to provide New York with an impressive one-two punch, but Jennings is going to struggle to find pay dirt this year. Williams is very clearly the Giants' top goal-line back. It's been that way throughout training camp, and now into the first preseason game.

Aug 3 - 9:06 PM

Rotoblurb seems to pan Jennings and praise Williams. But I thought Jennings looked good for the most part playing against the Giants starting defense. Williams was playing against the twos, so I'd temper some of that optimism. Be cautious of Rotoworlds opinion/angle.

This should drop Jennings draft stock for the next week or so, but it shouldn't. You can tell that the new offense is built around getting rid of the ball quickly, which makes sense with a questionable offensive line. Jennings is going to be catching a lot of check down passes. If Wilson isn't cleared, then Jennings is really the only receiving back on the team.

Rotoblurb seems to pan Jennings and praise Williams. But I thought Jennings looked good for the most part playing against the Giants starting defense. Williams was playing against the twos, so I'd temper some of that optimism. Be cautious of Rotoworlds opinion/angle.
Depends on your league. I think Jennings will be solid in PPR, but that starting OL reminded me of how bad they were at the start of last year, so non-PPR I'd be more worried. I can see him getting close to an extra 0.5-1 TD per game just in receptions. The Giants OL started to gel mid-season, but they sure didn't look good last night against the Bills starters.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Dan Graziano considers it a "certainty" that Rashad Jennings gets the "bulk" of the Giants' Week 1 carries.

Judging by Jennings' ADP, fantasy owners have long been operating under this assumption. We agree, though the "bulk" might not include goal-line looks, at least some of which appear to be ticketed for rookie Andre Williams. That severely eats into Jennings' upside.

Related: Andre Williams

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

Aug 18 - 1:33 PM

I think Jennings is a decent value pick at RB this year, and one of the least risky based on the amount of touches he should command based on his competition from the other RBs and the plan for the offense.

Not sure what draft slots I'll have yet in my leagues, but if its not a top 4 pick I'm planning on upside down drafting and will definitely be targetting Jennings among a handful of other RBs in rounds 4-6 as my favorite RBs to plug in as starters.

Offense looks awful... Jennings looks unbelievable though so far.

11 for 56 and 1 rec for 7 yards... not bad at all so far. Especially considering how bad some of these blocks have been, he's been creating a lot of his own space.

I think Jennings is a decent value pick at RB this year, and one of the least risky based on the amount of touches he should command based on his competition from the other RBs and the plan for the offense.

Not sure what draft slots I'll have yet in my leagues, but if its not a top 4 pick I'm planning on upside down drafting and will definitely be targetting Jennings among a handful of other RBs in rounds 4-6 as my favorite RBs to plug in as starters.
picked at 5 in a competitive 12 tm ppr last weekend. forced to go upside down with wr/wr/te. ended up with 1.05-calvin, 2.08-ant brown, 3.05-gronk, 4.08-j.bell, 5.05-jennings, 6.08-harvin through 6 rounds.

picked at 5 in a competitive 12 tm ppr last weekend. forced to go upside down with wr/wr/te. ended up with 1.05-calvin, 2.08-ant brown, 3.05-gronk, 4.08-j.bell, 5.05-jennings, 6.08-harvin through 6 rounds.
im so jealous of drafts like this. just pure crushing. in mine, i never see gronk leave the 2nd, jennings in the 4th and harvin usually 4th, sometimes 5th.

That right there is literally my dream draft. I draft on Sunday from the 6 spot. Fingers crossed.

Damn, pretty similar to mine. Got Julio instaed of Brown in the second. Swap Joique/Jennings in 4th-5th. Got Vereen in the 6th though.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Giants reporter Dan Graziano said Rashad Jennings will open up the season as the "bell cow" back.

It is the safe assumption after Jennings out-touched rookie Andrew Williams 14-1 in the first half of the Giants' third preseason game. Williams will have to improve in the passing game before he is given a bigger role in the Giants offense, though he could be an early contributor in short-yardage situations. Jennings is a solid RB2 against Detroit.

Related: Andre Williams

Source: ESPN.com

Sep 6 - 11:56 AM

Anyone sitting Jennings? Right now I'm starting foster and spiller over him. And I'm starting Kendal wright over him at flex. Just seeing what others are doing. DET defense should be pretty stout against RBs.

Users who are viewing this thread