What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

In for 10 more AMZN @ 1795 

Will be glorious when she's back to $2k after earnings report in a few weeks.
Lol. It’ll jump but it’s gotta be a while before it gets back to 2k yes? That’s like 15%. Guess anything is possible with this stock. Wild ride. 

#### me. Good thing I don’t need this money for 20 more years. 
The only benefit in the next two years is that when we vest, it’s taxed at income tax rates so a gain after is capital gains. The money I put in today is IRA money so that’s very long term, other is two plus years at minimum. Definitely more near term but first year of college being next year and covered means I don’t need the non-IRA.

Lol. It’ll jump but it’s gotta be a while before it gets back to 2k yes? That’s like 15%. Guess anything is possible with this stock. Wild ride. 
Who knows on the length. If they blow the doors off earnings like the last few quarters, will it go up a lot or not much?

SQ CFO leaving, down another ~10% AH.
I saw that.  :wall:

Bad timing. If it was last week, it wouldn’t be a big deal. From the announcement, it looks like a very amicable separation where she’s taking a step up (CEO at another company). I’m sure she’s fully vested and she’s staying for two months to transition. Again, bad timing because CFOs/CEOs leaving sometimes denotes bad things.

I’m good with it, because I like the stock and getting the exact bottom is hard. I’m just glad I didn’t pull the trigger the past couple days.

https://i.imgur.com/n3SbEJL.png

Looking at other plunges this year, I'd think if you're looking to buy, I'd wait for one more big down day within the next week. 

Examples:

2/2, 2/5 & 2/8

3/22 & 3/23

4/2 & 4/6

Looking at that, you'd think after a day like today, there could be a relief rally and another plunge. If you are a buyer here, looking at earlier activity like today, you wait upwards of 3-5 sessions for one more big plunge before opening the checkbook.

Just my :2cents:

I was holding 800 shares @ $28.65 for the past 2 weeks ... while it hovered around $27

Sold all of them @ 29.15 at the start of this crash for a minuscule $400 profit ... and at the time was glad to have got that much.

Would have been a $10,000 profit had I held them til today. 
That sucks man. :(

I saw that.  :wall:

Bad timing. If it was last week, it wouldn’t be a big deal. From the announcement, it looks like a very amicable separation where she’s taking a step up (CEO at another company). I’m sure she’s fully vested and she’s staying for two months to transition. Again, bad timing because CFOs/CEOs leaving sometimes denotes bad things.
Sorry about the timing. She's leaving to be CEO of Nextdoor. The downside  is, that with Dorsey CEOing two companies, she's viewed as providing some back up, so more valuable that standard CEO.

Bossman said:
AMZN is begging me to buy more. 

Thought I bought the dip at $1865 but now I'm not sure. 

I'll see what the next day or two brings before I leap. (Probably regret it as it will head back to $1900 now)
Another 5% off sale. I may need to go shopping soon.

https://i.imgur.com/n3SbEJL.png

Looking at other plunges this year, I'd think if you're looking to buy, I'd wait for one more big down day within the next week. 

Examples:

2/2, 2/5 & 2/8

3/22 & 3/23

4/2 & 4/6

Looking at that, you'd think after a day like today, there could be a relief rally and another plunge. If you are a buyer here, looking at earlier activity like today, you wait upwards of 3-5 sessions for one more big plunge before opening the checkbook.

Just my :2cents:
This is exactly what is was thinking.  Sitting in the cash from all my TSLA puts to put into bargains.  I am debating buying amazon calls and Netflix calls at open with the ultimate goal of owning the stick after another correction.  We’ll see later tonight.

Sorry about the timing. She's leaving to be CEO of Nextdoor. The downside  is, that with Dorsey CEOing two companies, she's viewed as providing some back up, so more valuable that standard CEO.
No worries, still got a lot more to put in play. I’ll watch to see where it and others go.

No worries, still got a lot more to put in play. I’ll watch to see where it and others go.
If you love it and you’re holding it forever, don’t even look, tougher said than done. If it falls more, hopefully you scaled and can scale some more.

Good luck!

Can we talk Amazon?

Weve got a bunch of collective minds in here, we all love the stock. We’re all also probably looking for a larger piece, so how is everyone going to play it?

I’ll share my thoughts tomorrow afternoon, busy busy morning. I’m not buying as of yet (which after looking at the data below, I kinda wish I nibbled in the 1730’s after hours), I’m looking for capitulation. We saw it last time this sold off, I’ll look at the chart and see the peak to trough drop percentage, a number prob worth noting too.

ETA:

2/2 1498 daily high

2/9 1265 daily low

Drop around 15.5%

3/13 1617 daily high

4/2 1355 daily low

Drop around 16.2%

9/4 2050 daily high

Today 1755 daily low

drop around 14.4%

It looks like the time is close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we talk Amazon?

Weve got a bunch of collective minds in here, we all love the stock. We’re all also probably looking for a larger piece, so how is everyone going to play it?

I’ll share my thoughts tomorrow afternoon, busy busy morning. I’m not buying as of yet (which after looking at the data below, I kinda wish I nibbled in the 1730’s after hours), I’m looking for capitulation. We saw it last time this sold off, I’ll look at the chart and see the peak to trough drop percentage, a number prob worth noting too.

ETA:

2/2 1498 daily high

2/9 1265 daily low

Drop around 15.5%

3/13 1617 daily high

4/2 1355 daily low

Drop around 16.2%

9/4 2050 daily high

Today 1755 daily low

drop around 14.4%

Good info. How quickly did it take for it to rebound to its high? 

Unfortunately I bought some more around 1850 the other day I think so I’m out of luck here. 

If you love it and you’re holding it forever, don’t even look, tougher said than done. If it falls more, hopefully you scaled and can scale some more.

Good luck!
No worries. I’m down a lot less than if I hadn’t been in cash the whole time. I will be watching because a further dip might be worth investing the rest of the cash.

Can we talk Amazon?

ETA:

2/2 1498 daily high

2/9 1265 daily low

Drop around 15.5%

3/13 1617 daily high

4/2 1355 daily low

Drop around 16.2%

9/4 2050 daily high

Today 1755 daily low

drop around 14.4%

After hours it's at 1735, so ~16% right there.

I never have money when I see the perfect time to buy a stock. 

Looking at you Visa
Are you looking at Visa for a particular reason?

I would like to take advantage of today's quasi-carnage with a few quality stocks.

Also considering AMZN.

Are you looking at Visa for a particular reason?

I would like to take advantage of today's quasi-carnage with a few quality stocks.

Also considering AMZN.
I was wrong. It went down more. 

V is a good stock and it’s definitely going to rebound. I’m thinking about buying. 

I’ve been looking at Alibaba on its way down. Not looking to buy until it settles a bit, but asking for thoughts from the FFA about buying it in the not too distant future. Seems way oversold to me.

Anyone’s guess is as good as mine, but I think traders will get chopped up today in some up & down action that ultimately leads to a rally to finish the day off.

I’ve been looking at Alibaba on its way down. Not looking to buy until it settles a bit, but asking for thoughts from the FFA about buying it in the not too distant future. Seems way oversold to me.
I’m a fan, but I think this one comes down to trade war (& sentiment). I want to buy, but as long as that remains murky, this stock doesn’t have a ton of room to run.

STWD. Saw the CEO on an interview with Cramer, very sharp guy, loved what he was selling.

9% dividend, but appears very well positioned company. Think that’s gonna be a long term hold for me at some point.

Id recommend some DD for everyone for a high yield financially secure company that appears very well run.

Have an order in for 10 more at 1685 ....

I think I just missed it as it came down to 1690 and bounced back to 1750. 

Dang. 
came down to 1685.99 ... did not trigger. Still early though.

Pretty cool situation for me as I sold 40 shares of amzn for $1865 a month ago. 

Was regretting it when it grew to well above 2k. Now, not so much.

fantasycurse42 said:
I’m a fan, but I think this one comes down to trade war (& sentiment). I want to buy, but as long as that remains murky, this stock doesn’t have a ton of room to run.
Singles Day in 4 weeks seems like a good short term catalyst. I've been nibbling and started a long-term position. I like buying negative sentiment.

Capella said:
Amazon in the 1600s. Wow. Another 4%
Yeah, I jumped in a day early. That said, glad I waited from the highs. Only down a few percent instead of 15-20%. Still up $1000 per share on my bigger holding. 

Just put in a buy order for AMZN around $1620. Possible we might get some capitulation very shortly.

Like to have the bottom feeding order out there, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread