What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (21 Viewers)

seems to be a Friday trend since ive started playing the stocks (2 weeks)  The news is like a loaded gun nobody wants to hold anything over the weekend.

Thanks. 🤑

I thought people were hyping up some 2 oclock media coverage on fox about it.  Guess that either got cancelled or went poorly??

Only 9% SAND

CytoDyn CEO Dr. Pourhassan Appearance on Fox Business Network Rescheduled to April 8 Same Time (11am PT); CytoDyn will Reveal Today the Name of the Hospital and the Physician who Treated 10 Patients During an Interview on Seattle-Affiliate of CBS News which Will Air Between 5-6:30 p.m. PT

Thanks. 🤑

I thought people were hyping up some 2 oclock media coverage on fox about it.  Guess that either got cancelled or went poorly??

Only 9% SAND
Fox Business News interview moved to Wednesday 4/8/20.

Local CBS in Seattle is supposed to have some CYDY coverage @ 500-630 pm (PDT) tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2nd oil rally that gave a short term pop to stocks looks to have wound down and we are back to reality.

MGM is gonna go under 10 soon.

BLMN has  a nice beatdown going on right now.
As expected till things stabilize. We took half positions when we did last week......we will look at some time next week or two to fully take our positions in both. I love them both to come out of this and double from here. 

But these are high flyers in these crazy times we are in. 

seems to be a Friday trend since ive started playing the stocks (2 weeks)  The news is like a loaded gun nobody wants to hold anything over the weekend.
Yep. But one of these days it's going to probably rocket like never before on Monday. There's 2 days that vaccines and treatments are being worked on while the market is closed. I'm betting that is when C-19 gets a resolution.

Yep. But one of these days it's going to probably rocket like never before on Monday. There's 2 days that vaccines and treatments are being worked on while the market is closed. I'm betting that is when C-19 gets a resolution.
It can’t come fast enough man. This #### is for the birds.

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting story and I am sure there is some efficacy to this, but my god, the dudes on the call today sounded like they ate their own cooking.
There will be someone that does emerge from this.  Still ridiculously early in the game, we haven't even legalized weed everywhere yet.   

There is definitely a build up in the medical community starting to advocate for the use of psychedelic drugs to treat people for things like ptsd and such however.  People are coming around to the positives overall.

Oakland and Denver have decriminalized mushroom possession altogether.  The tides are starting to turn and why shouldn't they.

Did I mention this one before?  I can't remember.  I can't remember anything anymore.

MindMed - Mind Medicine.  Another penny stock that I don't own....yet.  We're on a call with them now.  I'll let you know what I/we decide to do with this one.

LSD/Mushrooms to treat opioid addiction, depression, PTSD etc.  MMEDF.

I think I mentioned this one to @Jefferson the Caregiver but not here.  I dunno....interesting story for sure.  I think there is some evidence that psychedelic inspired medicines can help with mental health and addiction.  :shrug:

@skycriesmary might be one for you too.
It might be, but everything I buy turns to ####. I'm probably buying a small stake in SDS today, and calling it good for awhile. 

LSD/Mushroom treatment for all of those things works for some individual, specifically the Psilocybin. Ayahuasca for those who really want to go down a ####ing rabbit hole that makes LSD/Mushrooms a walk in the park.

There will be someone that does emerge from this.  Still ridiculously early in the game, we haven't even legalized weed everywhere yet.   

There is definitely a build up in the medical community starting to advocate for the use of psychedelic drugs to treat people for things like ptsd and such however.  People are coming around to the positives overall.

Oakland and Denver have decriminalized mushroom possession altogether.  The tides are starting to turn and why shouldn't they.
Legalization could come quickly especially for medical uses.  But I have my doubts about the anecdotal evidence.  I have a lot of friends who treat marijuana and psychedelics like a religion.  They believe in them with complete faith and believe that they can solve any problem.  These are often people who are anti-vaccine, pro-homeopathy, pro-astrology, anti-science, etc.

What do you like about DFS?
Mostly that it's a company I'm fairly familiar with, think it will be fine long term, although clearly I'm not in the board room or even in the business, the PE is crazy low and the dividend high. 

Really out comes down to a few key questions. 1. Will this company bounce back either to where it was or better 2. Does 2021 look more like 2019 or Q1 2020? 3. What's your time horizon? 

I don't think it roars back with a 50% gain in the next few weeks. I do think there's a good chance it doubles by end of 2021. 

Now teach him the wash-sale rule
I remember back in the late 1990s early 2000s, man I totally ignored the wash rule. Bought....loser....sold......bought again....loser.....sold..bought again tiny winner....sold...bought again....loser. Claimed all my losses without a problem. 

Big finger to you DIGL. 

Enjoyed the Boeing back and forth, as I almost pulled the trigger when it was below 100, but I'm kind of torn.  On one hand, the little bits and pieces I've read about the max really makes it sound like they have broken corporate culture where the decision-making processes / internal incentives are completely effed up.  Years ago I worked for a large, well-regarded company with a screwed up culture and it basically imploded.  So it's not completely without precedent.  On the other hand, the government presumably isn't going to let them fail, they've got military spending baked in, and who really is going to eat their lunch in the carrier market?  It just seems like they are in a position where they'd have to screw up on an even more epic level to be in any sort of danger.

CytoDyn CEO Dr. Pourhassan Appearance on Fox Business Network Rescheduled to April 8 Same Time (11am PT); CytoDyn will Reveal Today the Name of the Hospital and the Physician who Treated 10 Patients During an Interview on Seattle-Affiliate of CBS News which Will Air Between 5-6:30 p.m. PT
Lame. I've been Stuck watching Fox Business 30 mins longer than I had to 😢

lol this is starting to feel like The Bachelor

We have two options.

Win or lose. 

Success or failure.
Good post- not quoting it all because of length.

Again, I feel this is far too simplistic (or emotional/passionate)- IMO there is a TON of room in between these extremes, and it's much more likely we end up in that middle ground than at either pole. I mean, the market isn't going to go to zero, things will eventually get better so in that sense we will "win", but that doesn't mean we have a V shaped recovery or stocks double or triple in a relatively short period of time.

I've been in the markets a long time as well, but this truly is unprecedented in several ways. Not only is it one of the worst global situations we've ever dealt with, it's coming at a time where we were already arguably overextended in terms of valuations, and had higher levels of debt, deficits, and central bank intervention than the world has ever seen. Some companies are going to have to take on as much additional debt as the entire company is worth just to stay in business- how much of a drag is that going to be on future profitability? How about things like regulations and tax rates- arguably there's never been a more favorable time for companies, but that seems likely to be another pretty big headwind in the not-so-distant future.

I think we've been so conditioned to just buy every dip because we've had the Fed put for the last decade plus- maybe they'll be able to save the day yet again, although the cause of this crisis isn't the same. I hope I'm wrong, I still have most of my money in the market, but this time it really does feel "different".

Anyway, good chat- best of luck to you and stay safe!

Legalization could come quickly especially for medical uses.  But I have my doubts about the anecdotal evidence.  I have a lot of friends who treat marijuana and psychedelics like a religion.  They believe in them with complete faith and believe that they can solve any problem.  These are often people who are anti-vaccine, pro-homeopathy, pro-astrology, anti-science, etc.
Our bodies have receptors built into them that react naturally with these compounds and substances. Science is leading the way.

No offense but yellow rock is not going to save anyone. Guns, food and a solid balance sheet is where it's at. A lot of people bought $40000 trucks among other non-necessaries and they never should have. They will trade those for food and cash but not yellow rock. Never understood it's appeal.

That toxic thing is a 3x too. So it's decaying as you sit there. I learned my lesson with FAS years ago. I think.... I do have TNA & TZA on my watch list.
Yeah, I know but historically, gold has been a hedge against a falling economy.  I should have just bought the metal if I wanted to go that direction.  Got greedy.  And stupid.  And now I'm just hoping NUGT rallies.  What a horrific decision.  When you go from knowing to hoping it's time to close the position, but I just.....I can't.  

While you're all getting filthy rich off cydy, I'm doubling down on DFS. it's only down like 20% the last few days. :kicksrock:

At least MRNA has made up for it. (+15%)
DFS - why they getting so hammered? Concern of big defaults, that they won't survive them?

@AdamMancini4 - 1h
Its Friday after an incredible week of chop but $SPX bulls have managed to defend last weeks gains so far which is constructive into next week as long as yesterdays lows hold. The last 5 Friday's have all seen strong moves into the close, four out of five which were bullish.
Looks like some end of day buyers.

WTF??? I was sneaking in 33% into stock at closing and they do this BS?

Maybe I wasn't the only one thinking about starting positions.

Was really hoping for some cydy volatility today.  
Yep. Sold 2000 shares at $2.80 then put in an order to buy them back at $2.50 this afternoon. It was heading south but never got there.  I feel a little naked sitting here with only 8K shares going into the weekend.

Yep. Sold 2000 shares at $2.80 then put in an order to buy them back at $2.50 this afternoon. It was heading south but never got there.  I feel a little naked sitting here with only 8K shares going into the weekend.
My opinion is that to much attention is being put on the Covid news.  The odds are someone else comes up with something before them.  Even if someone finds a "cure", the vaccine will eventually put the cure out of business.  The real path to financial success here is the cancer drug.  I suspect many aren't in cydy for that and it will get crushed in the near future as those people bail.

That said, it sure is fun playing these bounces.

God forbid we have more 18% days. At that rate, chet will have to hook us up with his naval architect by Memorial Day.

My opinion is that to much attention is being put on the Covid news.  The odds are someone else comes up with something before them.  Even if someone finds a "cure", the vaccine will eventually put the cure out of business.  The real path to financial success here is the cancer drug.  I suspect many aren't in cydy for that and it will get crushed in the near future as those people bail.

That said, it sure is fun playing these bounces.
This kinda matches my expectation. It feels like it's range-bound until some kind of news one way or the other gives it reason to not be. That news could go either way in the short-term wrt covid, and it would be fantastic if they can make some unexpected scratch and help some people not die. But it would be also be really freakin' nice to just see them finally file the BLA and make HIV treatment progress.

Just anecdotal but I fly a bunch (well used to before this) and Delta is generally the best to fly IMO.

I am out of Seattle and Alaska Airlines are great for me, I'm committed to them and they are good, but Delta has tried to hone in on the territory and they are doing a kickass job. Much better lounge in the SeaTac airport, best and newest planes in and out of Seattle, very aggressive advertising in local market, etc.

They seem to be run really, really well.

Oh and that Warren Buffett guy likes them.

Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Sells Huge Blocks of Delta, Southwest Stock

https://www.barrons.com/articles/warren-buffetts-berkshire-hathaway-sells-huge-blocks-of-delta-southwest-stock-51585953838?tesla=y

Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway disclosed that it sold large blocks of stock in Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines.

Berkshire (ticker: BRKB) subsidiaries sold 13 million Delta (DAL) shares over Wednesday and Thursday for a total of $314.2 million, a per-share average of $24.19 each. Berkshire now has overall ownership of 58.9 million Delta shares, according to a form it filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Good...hopefully it holds up until Monday.  Great buying opportunity.
A couple of these guys have to be going out of business.  Looking into it a little I would guess AAL doesnt make it.   Can they survive another bankruptcy?  

If things tank and tank some more, JETS might actually be the way to go.  The industry itself cant fail......can it?

Users who are viewing this thread