What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

Experiencing some fomo right now with some cash on the sidelines.  Is this train going to keep going and push through like nothing has happened.  Just a small bump in the road.  :loco:
Anything but tankers.

Most hospitality/entertainment, finance, food all still have plenty of room to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to take leronlimab down to Brazil and get an emergency use approval from them to help those in desperate need right now.  

Experiencing some fomo right now with some cash on the sidelines.  Is this train going to keep going and push through like nothing has happened.  Just a small bump in the road.  :loco:
Read Mancini's twitter account for direction. Guy nails it.

Revshark: Recent leaders getting hit hard. Money rotating out of biotech, FAANGs and into lagging 'value' plays.

Added GOLD at $23.18 & $25.

What's happening with CYDY? NP giving a speech or something? Been in a narrow range for a while, broke down

Don't understand the love for Mancini.  He takes the most basic indicators, throws them all at the wall, hedges in both directions and then hedges with more indicators.

Don't understand the love for Mancini.  He takes the most basic indicators, throws them all at the wall, hedges in both directions and then hedges with more indicators.
He gives you the levels. He's the best I've seen at it. You have to decide what move to make off of it.

I don't believe it is a coincidence that the support/resistence levels hit at the end of the day a lot of the time.

Hos latest post tells what he suggests: My 3030 first rally target on $SPX has been hit after breaking out of the "megaphone" pattern I posted Saturday - great spot to lock in part gains if long. 3130 next big level up where I'd look short.

Sold big chunk of RCL at 54.40.  It's been great for me since early April (in at 25).  Touched 119% gains.  Still have a handful and will look to add if it slides back down around ~40.  

True story with Hertz:

Renting a cargo van to go back to NYC and get our stuff. Rented it from Palm Beach to drive to NYC and drive back with some of our things. Renting a van in NYC is insanely expensive (if you can find one) bc everyone has been renting them and not returning them, so the smart move was already to rent it down here. Mom/aunt staying here (Florida) to watch the kids.

I rented it the day after they filed bankruptcy so I have no clue what the costs are pre-bankruptcy. Everyone else was between $400-$600 plus anywhere from 30 cents to 70 cents a mile, Hertz was $235 all-in for a week. 

True story with Hertz:

Renting a cargo van to go back to NYC and get our stuff. Rented it from Palm Beach to drive to NYC and drive back with some of our things. Renting a van in NYC is insanely expensive (if you can find one) bc everyone has been renting them and not returning them, so the smart move was already to rent it down here. Mom/aunt staying here (Florida) to watch the kids.

I rented it the day after they filed bankruptcy so I have no clue what the costs are pre-bankruptcy. Everyone else was between $400-$600 plus anywhere from 30 cents to 70 cents a mile, Hertz was $235 all-in for a week. 
I have been renting a Dodge Ram on and off all spring for $126 a week and that includes taxes.  Also have gotten a car for $116.  Gas savings alone almost covers the purchase.

The TINA thing is definitely a risk. I mean markets have been very technical since the GFC. Perhaps it shouldn't be don't fight the Fed but moreso don't fight the Technicals. Long-term, this is a very bad thing for stocks because it will cause them to have bond like returns. Folks have already called for lower expectations of equity returns in the future that will likely only be exacerbated by this and the Fed's reaction. We're institutionalizing moral hazard. I also assume a day of reckoning will come but that is likely a long ways off. This article highlights some of my thoughts. 

https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2020/04/my-new-theory-about-future-stock-market-returns/

Tesla dropped the prices of all their cars, S & X by about $5k and 3 by about $2k. 

Demand is so amazing, that they have to chop $2k off of their car that already has no margins. But somehow, they trade at a premium of a gazillion to any other auto brand. This stock is everything that is wrong with the market today. I could be wrong, but my spidey sense is tingling, something about this market doesn't make any sense.

If amazon hits 2300 I guess I’m in for more?
The next few weeks while things re-open across the country will take out some of the massive momentum that has been behind big techs sails recently.   It all comes down to what your thoughts on the virus are.   I personally feel like the next few weeks will be a temporary excitement for things "feeling" as if they are coming back to normal.  Lots of people are acting like the re-opening means that Covid is over and are not taking the precautions seriously anymore.  I think this will lead to infection and death numbers rising again--and big tech getting another rally down the road.   That's why I've been bullish on big tech for a while.  

However--I can totally understand how big tech would not be appealing for those who believe that we are on our way to be done with covid.   Thats the x-factor that will determine if they continue to rise at a fairly rapid rate--or if they give some of their meteoric gains back. 

AMZN has also added $100bn in market cap since Feb 19th (the market ATH). Was $150bn before this sell-off. And it's a consumer spending stock. Obviously this will accelerate the move to e-commerce. But if the economy is reopening and stocks of KSS go up 20% in the past few days, that money has to come from somewhere. The pie has shrunk, AMZN rallied because they'll take a bigger % of the smaller pie, offsetting the losses but as the prospects for a reopening grow, that means more competition for AMZN.

ETA: I should add that there will also be a rotation out of the winners into the losers as funds get comfortable. That is natural and probably healthy for a rally.

Tesla dropped the prices of all their cars, S & X by about $5k and 3 by about $2k. 

Demand is so amazing, that they have to chop $2k off of their car that already has no margins. But somehow, they trade at a premium of a gazillion to any other auto brand. This stock is everything that is wrong with the market today. I could be wrong, but my spidey sense is tingling, something about this market doesn't make any sense.
Interesting. I wonder if Tesla is responding to the flood of cheap new and used cars hitting the markets from companies like Hertz  having to re-structure and re-organize.  I could see some of the other rental car chains having to unload some of their bloated inventories at well.  It's clear that people love Tesla's-- but the motivation to buy one shrinks when you can get other decent vehicles for relatively dirt cheap.  Maybe Elon realizes this and is lowering prices to shrink the gap between teh cost of his vehicles and what else is being offered out there. 

Interesting. I wonder if Tesla is responding to the flood of cheap new and used cars hitting the markets from companies like Hertz  having to re-structure and re-organize.  I could see some of the other rental car chains having to unload some of their bloated inventories at well.  It's clear that people love Tesla's-- but the motivation to buy one shrinks when you can get other decent vehicles for relatively dirt cheap.  Maybe Elon realizes this and is lowering prices to shrink the gap between teh cost of his vehicles and what else is being offered out there. 
Cheap gas + working from home putting nearly zero miles on my car does not motivate me to electrify like my pre-COVID commute (50 miles er day @ $2.50/gallon). I think if the new normal allows for folks to partially or fully telecommute, why not keep an older ICE and not have a $40k car sitting idle in the garage?

I still would drown puppies for a Tesla though.

Cheap gas + working from home putting nearly zero miles on my car does not motivate me to electrify like my pre-COVID commute (50 miles er day @ $2.50/gallon). I think if the new normal allows for folks to partially or fully telecommute, why not keep an older ICE and not have a $40k car sitting idle in the garage?

All true, but I still think long term TSLA is going to dominate the market, as much as Elon wants to anyway. The immediate push isn't there right now but that changes over time as people start driving more again.

Your last sentence is pretty much key. Similar to Apple, the brand loyalty seems super strong. 

2% drop? Not worth thinking about IMO. Unless you're trying to day trade Amazon. 🤔 
It’s all relative but almost everything I have is down again today bigger than yesterday. It happened a couple times during this rally where the stocks that had huge rallies cooled off. Just surprised that none are holding up.

For example, I’m still way up on FSLY overall (bought some at $19, more at $11), but it’s down 15-20% since it hit $44. Great earnings report a couple weeks ago and good forecasts out. I guess it’s expected and I wasn’t selling for a few years anyway. Just surprised that they are so negative the last few days.

Now, if it gives me some more opportunities since my IRA is where I have the most cash, I won’t complain. I’ve been waiting for an opening since I wasn’t think the rally would be this big.

I just don't see the appeal. Now if they can make something that looks like this, I'm all over it. For some reason they thought this would be appealing. I would be embarrassed driving that POS around.

All true, but I still think long term TSLA is going to dominate the market, as much as Elon wants to anyway. The immediate push isn't there right now but that changes over time as people start driving more again.

Your last sentence is pretty much key. Similar to Apple, the brand loyalty seems super strong. 
I agree with this.  Long term Tesla is a hold.  Elon is the closest thing to Steve Jobs on the planet.   I think if you buy Tesla--you are basically betting on him. If you are going to bet on a person--I would think that most would be hard pressed to find anybody better to bet on.   I actually think the cyber truck could be huge for all of the wealthy city folk that decided to abandon city life and move into more rural areas. 

Dust up on CNBC this morning.  Almost never watch these clowns but I would have tuned in this am if I'd have known this was going to happen.
Kernen is a giant d-bag and a giant Trump schill.  For months now--anytime Sorkin interviews anybody or mentions any concern about the virus--Kernen would belittle him in a very rude and condescending manner. Sorkin would remain professional even through the bs that Kernen would throw at him.  I'm glad that Sorkin spoke up--and I hope that interview gets more traction.  Kernen was turning into a baby Trump where he basically tries to shut anybody or any idea up that doesn't support his narrative. 

Cheap gas has killed my Tesla motivation.

Thought about TZA this morning and pivoted to Amazon instead.  Appears to accomplish the same thing.
I'm still in TZA and have been buying down.  Bought more this morning premarket at $24.  Almost at my limit for how much I feel comfortable playing with on this one.  Even to black now, I'll ride it a bit longer.      

Users who are viewing this thread