Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I do short term trades in both a Roth and Brokerage.   I use my Brokerage account a lot for day trading and am fine paying the taxes.  It's my "part-time" job to pay for the toys I want now.  

Also took a position in NNDM at 2.70. The volume is freaking crazy

1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

I got Kohls on the dip. I like it short and long term.

How low did you get in?  I bought a whooping one share just so I could easily track it.  Wish I had pulled the trigger on 100..  I think we'll get another opportunity.

I just don't know what to think about them.  The stores are huge and there's a ton of inventory.  They never seem really busy outside of December.  That said, they are likely getting a 5-10x markup on most of the clothes.

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

How low did you get in?  I bought a whooping one share just so I could easily track it.  Wish I had pulled the trigger on 100..  I think we'll get another opportunity.

I just don't know what to think about them.  The stores are huge and there's a ton of inventory.  They never seem really busy outside of December.  That said, they are likely getting a 5-10x markup on most of the clothes.

With the demise of JC Penney, Sears and proabably Macy's soon, where else can a guy/gal pick up some shirts, shorts and pants? I mean you could order from Amazon but risk a bad fit, odd smell, etc. I think the vast majority of people still would rather shop for clothing in person. I think Kohl's will do very well. 

• Like 1

I hear Delta is starting to call back some employees who recently took voluntary leave (reservations area). 

Posted (edited)

Eff it, it's not real money so what do I care, 100 shares of LK @ $2.75 

Now, :scared:

ETA: Also, now, watch it like a hawk

Edited by drunken slob
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

15 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Also took a position in NNDM at 2.70. The volume is freaking crazy

I got this pre-market and its already been halted once today for volatility. Now trading at 4.13. Wish I'd bought more than 3000 shares and wish it was in my ROth. But still pretty happy.

• Like 1

Anybody ####in with luckin? I haven’t taken the dive yet. 

1 minute ago, Capella said:

Yes 

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yes.  Just made 10% on one lot I sold.  Waiting for the next lot to hit 10%.

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Anybody ####in with luckin?

So much that I'm worried that I picked up an std.

• Laughing 2

Just bought back a portion of the LOW I sold pre-market for $5 less.  Unfortunately I'll have to sit on it for a day.

And the second lot just hit for 10%.  Now we wait on the third.

6 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I got this pre-market and its already been halted once today for volatility. Now trading at 4.13. Wish I'd bought more than 3000 shares and wish it was in my ROth. But still pretty happy.

paused again

49mm volume in 28 minutes and halted 10 of those

10 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

nice call

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

paused again

49mm volume in 28 minutes and halted 10 of those

Looks like they're trying to race LK on the volume today.  LK over 62M now

14 hours ago, pecorino said:

I'll go out on a limb and say that LK opens and trades in the morning at about a 50% discount (maybe $2 per share) as many folks run for the hills and take what they can get. But it could easily rebound after those folks with less conviction get gone. I'll say down 50% early and then it recovers at least 50% back to end the day in the mid 3s. I'm holding. Got nothing better to do for entertainment than to watch my money disappear and reappear. Doubt I would buy more, though but who knows.  Maybe a couple hundred more shares if it goes sub 2. Complete guesswork on my part. Invest at your own risk.

I'm not usually one to quote myself but when the blind squirrel gets the nut, he wants to show it off a little bit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, beef said:

I do short term trades in both a Roth and Brokerage.   I use my Brokerage account a lot for day trading and am fine paying the taxes.  It's my "part-time" job to pay for the toys I want now.  

Same here. Roth is the prefered account to do this short term stuff in, but it has limited capacity. Seem to be making better trades in the brokerage which isn't great for taxes, but it beats the brakes off of savings yields.

Nano Dimension Ltd. ADR (NNDM) Paused due to volatility

DJ REALTIME NEWS – 9:50 AM ET 05/20/2020

Nano Dimension Ltd. ADR (NNDM) Resumed Trading

DJ REALTIME NEWS – 9:50 AM ET 05/20/2020

DJ REALTIME NEWS – 9:45 AM ET 05/20/2020

DJ REALTIME NEWS – 9:43 AM ET 05/20/2020

DJ REALTIME NEWS – 9:38 AM ET 05/20/2020

DJ REALTIME NEWS – 9:36 AM ET 05/20/2020

DJ REALTIME NEWS – 9:31 AM ET 05/20/2020

• Laughing 2

CYDY dropped to $3.08.  Yesterday it dropped to $3.14 15 times but didn't hit $3.13 once.  I guess whoever was controlling the price yesterday isn't any longer.

16 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

What price are your buy and sell points?

19 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Do you have to register as a day trader to do stuff like this? Just curious how it works. 

Sarah Gray found an oncologist in England that will let her take leronlimab along with chemo.  Could bring some positive press.

I really want to start ####in’ with Lucken, but I just don’t seem to have it in me to gamble on this thing. I’ll satisfy that itch by betting on Will Rogers Downs later, which is basically the last track horses go to before they end up at Arby’s.

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

What price are your buy and sell points?

I got in at $2.69 25%, $2.86 50%, and $3.34 25% (ouch)

Sold at $2.94 and $3.10.  

It will be awhile on the $3.34...like never.

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Do you have to register as a day trader to do stuff like this? Just curious how it works. 

My understanding is that if you qualify as a day trader (its something easy to trip, like 5 buy/sells of the same security in a single day over a 3 day period), then you need to maintain 25k in account to trade.  No registration.  Thats it...someone can clarify if im off. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Capella said:

You can only go in and out 1 time with funds.  If you buy again with those same funds, you have to then keep the stock until the funds settle which is a few days.  If you sell a second time in a day, they will put restrictions on your account.

Edit: And the ability to go in, out, and buy again is assuming you started with funds that were already settled.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

You can only go in and out 1 time with funds.  If you buy again with those same funds, you have to then keep the stock until the funds settle which is a few days.  If you sell a second time in a day, they will put restrictions on your account.

Thanks. 

Was just thinking about something for the long term investors here--which is what I am.  Are any of you guys getting a bit nervous--as I kinda am. It's not any one thing in particular--- my concern is about the next inevitable market downturn.  Keep in mind--I'm not necessarily talking about anything covid related--at some point--there will be another downturn as these things happen. 

My concern is that the only reason our markets have survived the last couple of downturns was due to heavy government interference.  As of now--our rates are basically at zero, our defecit is going to be sky high--and I'm not sure if the government would be able to infuse billions/trillions of dollars back into the market again  a few years from now--without absolutely destroying the dollar.    It kinda just feels to me that we could be investing in a market that is getting sky high again without much of a safety net.  

Luckily I have some positions in residential real estate and precious metals--but am thinking about allocating another 5-10% there just to increase my safety net.  Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Capella said:

Well unfortunately in this case, I have previous shares so technically I'm selling those shares.

I can't margin in my fidelity account.  Occasionally I get the good faith warning.  10-15 years ago they gave me a time out for doing this too many times.  Not sure if that would apply now with my account balance.

To avoid this hassle, I pinpoint some stocks I want to trade and buy in on a dip like Todem suggests.  If they drop, I'll dollar cost down.  I'll then have enough shares to move around at will without setting off any triggers.  Doesn't work for stocks like AMZ because I don't have enough funds to sit on numerous shares.  Works great for securities priced under $100 and even better for something like CYDY where you can accumulate 4 digit share volumes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Was just thinking about something for the long term investors here--which is what I am.  Are any of you guys getting a bit nervous--as I kinda am. It's not any one thing in particular--- my concern is about the next inevitable market downturn.  Keep in mind--I'm not necessarily talking about anything covid related--at some point--there will be another downturn as these things happen. 

My concern is that the only reason our markets have survived the last couple of downturns was due to heavy government interference.  As of now--our rates are basically at zero, our defecit is going to be sky high--and I'm not sure if the government would be able to infuse billions/trillions of dollars back into the market again  a few years from now--without absolutely destroying the dollar.    It kinda just feels to me that we could be investing in a market that is getting sky high again without much of a safety net.  

Luckily I have some positions in residential real estate and precious metals--but am thinking about allocating another 5-10% there just to increase my safety net.  Any thoughts?

Stonks go up?

Your concerns are warranted, but if you look back through yesterdays posts, someone laid out an excellent case why the market isn't overvalued given that we may be in a new normal.  This market is also being driven by tech and bio stocks.  As Todem spoke about yesterday, there are excellent values in many sectors with stocks still trading 40-60% off the highs.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

BLMN up less than the total market?  Well that's not ok.  Gonna add more

Edit...maybe not.  Jumped 10 cents in 10 seconds

Edited by ghostguy123

11 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I'm with you.  Have a bit of 401K money in cash that I want to put in metals (CEF) but I'm already pretty heavy there.

• Like 2

Earnings per share: $1.77, adjusted vs. $1.32 expected

Revenue: $19.68 billion vs. $18.32 billion expected

Same-store sales: up 11.2% vs. 3.3% expected

However, it’s difficult to compare reported earnings with analyst estimates for the first quarter because the coronavirus pandemic has changed customers’ shopping patterns and added additional labor and safety costs for companies.

For the first quarter ended May 1, Lowe’s reported that net income rose 27.6% to $1.34 billion, or $1.76 per share, compared to earnings of $1.05 billion, or $1.31 per share, a year ago. Excluding items, the company earned $1.77 per share, outpacing analyst expectations of $1.32 per share.

LOL, Lowes is now flat on this news.  Lose money and your stock goes up.  Make a killing and you stock goes down.

2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Stonks go up?

Your concerns are warranted, but if you look back through yesterdays posts, someone laid out an excellent case why the market isn't overvalued given that we may be in a new normal.  This market is also being driven by tech and bio stocks.  As Todem spoke about yesterday, there are excellent values in many sectors with stocks still trading 40-60% off the highs.  

Totally--and I get that. I think the market has room to go higher--and I think it will go higher.  WIth that said--there will be another market downturn at some point--it's inevitable.  My concern is that our goverment that has historically bailed us out big time during these downturns are not going to have the freedom to go all out as they have been able to in the past.  If in the next 3-5 years we have some sort of major downturn--I just don't think the government can do what they just did again.   That's what I'm worried about.   Put it this way--if our government did not lower rates to zero, and did just a fraction of the stiimulous that they did---where do you think our markets would be right now?  

19 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

LK just dropped to $2.86.  I have a limit order in at $2.63.  

In for 1500 shares at $2.75. GLTA.

9 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Panera closed 2 places by me :sadbanana:

They were better when they were Paradise Bakery

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They were better when they were Paradise Bakery

My office has lunch brought in a few times a week.  I hate it when Panera is brought in as the whole office reeks.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Random said:

I can't imagine NOT trading in a tax advantaged account.

But what if I want to buy lambos with my inevitable CYDY/BLMN gains?

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

One disadvantage of investing in small ETFs like VNM is that it is up 5% today and I have no idea why :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Sold LK at $2.80.  It doesn't seem to want to go higher than that.

I was wrong.  It's $2.85 now.

This market really drives me crazy.  The run up the last couple days gives me FOMO for the cash I have on the sidelines (10-15%, waiting for a drop) and slowly makes me chase on a few things/buy in.  Never sure when the latest leg up is the one that breaks through resistance.  I’m sure I’m not the only one.  

• Like 4

I hope everyone is enjoying GLPI. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Todem said:

I hope everyone is enjoying GLPI. 

I was, sold out of the position the other day. Wasn't that one where you suggested to take the profits or did I screw up? Not complaining by any means. Definitely one I'll buy back into if it dips again. Thanks for all your help/tips here.

@Capella I just found and enrolled in Fidelity's limited margin option.  That should give me more flexibility.

• Thanks 1