What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

I am so kicking myself for not getting in then.  I'm in at avg cost of $1.88 so its been a great ride.  Can't say it enough...thanks for sharing the opportunity with us.
Owns a $5 stock for $1.88..... wish he did better

we all so greedy, myself included

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel great down .61% with 3 stocks green. CYDY kicking ### and a lot of stuff barely down. Going to be interesting to see if it’s a dip or blip. 
Yeah, i can relate. Portfolio down .45% with AER the biggest loser and CYDY the biggest winner. GOLD and RSE are green too. 

Nope.  Sand went to Clemson, lives in Arkansas.  It was a joke about his kids having to go to Bama rather than Clemson (cheaper tuition) because he bought into Disney to high.  I'm trying to prevent him from having to live with that.
Sounds like an upgrade to me :coffee:  

Missed the CYDY train.  Tried to order some around $2.50-$2.75ish and Vanguard wouldn't let me order OTC online.  Congrats to everyone on board.

SayWhat? said:
Any way I can get a re-do on the sale of CYDY I made on that first run up into the $3’s?  Sold enough to cover my cost basis +20%, but wishing I that one back.  Unreal.  This one has been incredibly fun to follow along.  Thanks @chet!
I sold half my position at 52 cents an epoch ago.

I think market rebound was on belief of v-shape recovery and worst of Covid behind us.  Numbers on Covid look like a V but in the wrong way as we have not flattened the curve.  I think good chance later this week we hit an all-time high for single day new covid cases.
Does the W recovery come after the V recovery?

In the year 2020, humans endured a global pandemic that was accompanied by crippling unemployment and the obliteration of many businesses small and large alike.  Riots sprung up in the early summer like weeds in an untended garden.  Police agencies were defunded, statues and monuments were toppled, stores were looted and destroyed.  Sports and school were canceled, no proms, no concerts, no parades, no festivals, no movies.  There were murder hornets.  It was also the year that the name "Chet" made a staggering comeback as children, boats, pets and human anatomy were all named after everybody's new favorite four letter word.  2020, where truth is far stranger than fiction.

I don't have the bank (and balls) that some of you have.  I bought 2K and then another 2.5K at an average price of $3.02.  Feeling really good about it though.

So what was today all about?  Things go way up yesterday then way down today.

I know some of you had been talking about institutional rebalancing which could bring equities down.  So a combo of that and covid news?

My Roth is now about 80% invested and will be 100% invested as soon as some funds settle.  I have 6 dividend stocks I am just going to ride and leave alone.  DFS, PFE, PM, JPM, XOM, T (todem special).  Not a huge amount of money since I just opened a Roth this year.

My brokerage is about 40% deployed split up between about 10 different things.  CYDY my only green of course today🥰

Rooting for green.  Could use a green day.

Going to be some really pissed people if it's a takeover before this really takes off.  Hopefully it's the former
Damn right.  Every day without a takeover gets the company one day closer to a COVID-19 approval.  They need to do everything possible to avoid BP announcing their interest in buying the CYDY before an approval.  With an approval, the price of poker goes up exorbitantly for big pharma.  

I know some of you had been talking about institutional rebalancing which could bring equities down.  So a combo of that and covid news?

My Roth is now about 80% invested and will be 100% invested as soon as some funds settle.  I have 6 dividend stocks I am just going to ride and leave alone.  DFS, PFE, PM, JPM, XOM, T (todem special).  Not a huge amount of money since I just opened a Roth this year.

My brokerage is about 40% deployed split up between about 10 different things.  CYDY my only green of course today🥰

Rooting for green.  Could use a green day.
I have a little JPM I stashed for long term, need to add some T.  PPL got close to $25 today but didn't quite make it.  I already have a little but at $25 I'd take another block.

@cosjobs FSLY ended positive a smidge.
yep. I still have tomorrow. But somehow winning / losing a couple hundred on that doesn't bother me when I'm making 4-5 figures a day on ChetYDY.

Also, I seldom directly tell someone to buy or not buy something, but Wind Cries Mary has had such a tough run, I wanted to prevent him from getting another gut punch.

As always, the answer isn't as obvious and usually a combination of those factors and others. A lot of the re-balancing happens later in the day so that is why you'll see some late day sell-offs. Like that is what I'd say the 50 bps sell-off in the SPY was towards the end of the day and recouped 25 bps of that in AH trading. But could have some rebalancing throughout the day. Folks could be getting ahead of this selling. Coupled with negative headlines out. Sentiment appears pretty meh. Where is the incremental buyer to take this higher? Folks point to HFs and money on the side but no indication they're going to chase. Likewise, put/calls and retail folks appear pretty fully invested. Pensions and the like aren't likely to be buyers given the rebalancing. Buybacks seemed to be driving the markets the past few years and I'd be those are on pause although some smart firms that can get away with it are likely doing them. Stonks only go up when folks have money to invest. 

Congrats. Please share your buy and hold strategy that produced a 4x as the Rest of us want To tail it
I post most of my large plays here and many of the small ones. I'm mostly contrarian, except for CYDY. But most of the money I plowed into CYDY came from TVIX.

ETA - the only thing I've held for three months is CYDY, CEF and my Johnson. But pretty sure you are already a short term guy. Oh and a couple semi-worthless penny stock: MDIT 15,000 shares (worth Maybe $400) and 20,000 shares CBLLF (worth about $40)

Last edited by a moderator:
yep. I still have tomorrow. But somehow winning / losing a couple hundred on that doesn't bother me when I'm making 4-5 figures a day on ChetYDY.

Also, I seldom directly tell someone to buy or not buy something, but Wind Cries Mary has had such a tough run, I wanted to prevent him from getting another gut punch.
I was surprised it ended green, but IMHO that shows the strength it may have now. CYDY has been fun. It’s now my second largest gain dollar wise, still way behind AMZN but better than everything else including some great buys.

Cumulus Cries Mary has. He’s a bat signal to everyone who owns SE to be on the lookout for a rumor that they are cooking their books. If he owns SE, it’s most likely true.

I was surprised it ended green, but IMHO that shows the strength it may have now. CYDY has been fun. It’s now my second largest gain dollar wise, still way behind AMZN but better than everything else including some great buys.

Cumulus Cries Mary has. He’s a bat signal to everyone who owns SE to be on the lookout for a rumor that they are cooking their books. If he owns SE, it’s most likely true.
Yeah, I was late to the SE party, but happily made 10-15% on a fairly large position, but that late fade Tue and my spidey sense telling me volatility was coming, I dumped it all Tuesday.

Tbh, my spidey sense is often over reactive to volatility. That or the Fed hates me/volatility no matter the price tag. They've been tough opponents.

I post most of my large plays here and many of the small ones. I'm mostly contrarian, except for CYDY. But most of the money I plowed into CYDY came from TVIX.
Congrats. I don’t think your type of trades are wise for most of us. I have one account that is 100% of my retirement fund. 15% is my max allocation in one place. I have to fight and claw to make a gain on the market. I have no problem taking gains to move into something else. Up about 40% this year without any huge exposure 

Yeah, I was late to the SE party, but happily made 10-15% on a fairly large position, but that late fade Tue and my spidey sense telling me volatility was coming, I dumped it all Tuesday.

Tbh, my spidey sense is often over reactive to volatility. That or the Fed hates me/volatility no matter the price tag. They've been tough opponents.
So basically you did what I’ve been doing

Users who are viewing this thread