What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

Last 2 quarters have had nice dividends, but looking back at their history they have taken quarters (or years) off and prior to that had a much smaller dividend.  Obviously prices are good now but what gives you confidence that the recent dividends would continue?
I liked their confidence and logic from their last conference call. The gist of it is that they explained that historically their Q1 aka Winter Season is their downtime. Maintenance and whatnot.

So they were less inhibited by COVID than other businesses which thrive off Q1. They cancelled a contract for new vehicles to add to the fleet.

Instead of growth, they are strictly focused on CASH FLOWS and are giving the majority of the income to the investors in the form of dividend.

The last 3 quarters income wise were company record and as of the last conference call, they were forecasting the biggest quarter in company history.

So for me, it looks like they've "sold out" to driving income and until their revenue flattens, I think it's fair to be bullish on dividends.

Q1 Earnings Conference

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/earnings/call-transcripts/2020/05/07/dht-maritime-dht-q1-2020-earnings-call-transcript.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
We still think there is room to run on OPES? That's already been quite the bump 
Good question.  I'm not a restaurant guy.  Mostly a tail on this and got in because of other's opinions of BurgerFi.  

Looking at it more, I'd probably bail or cut my position in half if it hit $20/sh.  Completely out if it hit $25/sh ($200M Market Cap seems rich).  Got close to $20 a few weeks backs.  

I actually sold my DFS ($51) from my 12yo's college account and bought DHT ($5.17).  ~15% of his account.
Another lost soul boards the tanker fleet as they drift to waters unknown...  (In both FRO and DHT, which have been frustrating despite the sky high dividends).  Should be a good entry point.  

Another lost soul boards the tanker fleet as they drift to waters unknown...  (In both FRO and DHT, which have been frustrating despite the sky high dividends).  Should be a good entry point.  
Hope so. We'll see.

If the dividends are even cut in half this can be fruitful.

Interesting article on Dr. Jay Lalezari

How did you first know this drug would work on COVID-19?

It’s a peculiar situation where the drug demonstrated its efficacy before we ever got to randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical studies. Leronlimab has been given on an emergency basis to over 60 individuals in the US who were in dire condition due to COVID-19. What we saw in a group of those patients at day three after a single dose is reversal of severe immune exhaustion, calming of the cytokine storm and even decreases in viral load. There is nothing subtle or ambiguous about these amazing results and we’ve seen this in every patient we’ve treated and evaluated. We were also fortunate to identify the cytokine that appears to be driving the whole inflammatory mess. It’s called RANTES. COVID-19 is a RANTES disease—RANTES is an immune protein whose whole job is to bind CCR5 and drive inflammation. By blocking CCR5, we just happened to shut down the key driver of the whole inflammatory cascade.
 I should also mention that the drug has now been given to over 900 patients without a discernible safety issue. The drug is extremely safe. And I believe very soon we’ll have the clinical data to show the world just how well it works in Covid-19.
🤞

Woah, DHT should not be thought of as a traditional dividend stock. I don't think most in here are looking for income but their dividend is far from stable. They pay out a certain % of earnings (believe it is 70%) each quarter. Obviously, there are quarters where they don't earn anything. But 2Q will be a record quarter for them. Things cooled off in June so it won't be staggering but they will earn more than 1Q and you saw the dividend they paid then. 

I personally think they should slash their dividend. The market isn't compensating them enough. I don't think management owns that many shares that they rely on it for income. So far better use of your cash to either pay off your debt or buyback shares. No use in pissing away cash at a 20% dividend rate. Save that money for a rainy day or lower your debt and interest burden so your longer-term earnings are better. 

But DHT is not a set it and forget it dividend play like a utility or P&G. It's turning into a 6-month to a 1-year trade where you'll probably get paid along the way. But it will be volatile and you may not always get a dividend. 

Woah, DHT should not be thought of as a traditional dividend stock. I don't think most in here are looking for income but their dividend is far from stable. They pay out a certain % of earnings (believe it is 70%) each quarter. Obviously, there are quarters where they don't earn anything. But 2Q will be a record quarter for them. Things cooled off in June so it won't be staggering but they will earn more than 1Q and you saw the dividend they paid then. 

I personally think they should slash their dividend. The market isn't compensating them enough. I don't think management owns that many shares that they rely on it for income. So far better use of your cash to either pay off your debt or buyback shares. No use in pissing away cash at a 20% dividend rate. Save that money for a rainy day or lower your debt and interest burden so your longer-term earnings are better. 

But DHT is not a set it and forget it dividend play like a utility or P&G. It's turning into a 6-month to a 1-year trade where you'll probably get paid along the way. But it will be volatile and you may not always get a dividend. 
Almost all foreign stocks are like this.  That doesn't bother me - I just want to know why is DHT compelling?  I don't often see tickers in here I have no idea WTF they are.

Small rant here - never understood the fascination and aversion to some dividend ideas. People tend to hate variable divvies and have an unholy fascination with monthlies.  Monthlies are real popular for their income stream and for some reason appeal more than standard quarterly stocks.  I guess retirees like to see monthly checks.  I usually see these with higher multiples than their peers who don't do monthly.  O, for example, has always tended to be expensive and a lot of the reason is the monthly (which they advertise as a big point).  Eh, give me the lower multiple.  Variable dividends?  Sure, I'll do those.  One annual dividend?  Yep, hit me up. /End rant.    

I added some ATRO at $10.08 a share. Felt it was oversold. 4th of July is here.

I'm not sure what to expect anymore. COVID cases are up but it seems on a granular level that everything is fine. I guess that's how a pandemic works.

Just like everything In 2020, the CYDY run up feels like a lifetime ago, yet it was just a few days. This year man, is nuts

Pattern Day Traders the market closed tomorrow. Use your day trades if you still got em. 

There will be swings from now and close. It's not last call yet but soon

Almost all foreign stocks are like this.  That doesn't bother me - I just want to know why is DHT compelling?  I don't often see tickers in here I have no idea WTF they are.

Small rant here - never understood the fascination and aversion to some dividend ideas. People tend to hate variable divvies and have an unholy fascination with monthlies.  Monthlies are real popular for their income stream and for some reason appeal more than standard quarterly stocks.  I guess retirees like to see monthly checks.  I usually see these with higher multiples than their peers who don't do monthly.  O, for example, has always tended to be expensive and a lot of the reason is the monthly (which they advertise as a big point).  Eh, give me the lower multiple.  Variable dividends?  Sure, I'll do those.  One annual dividend?  Yep, hit me up. /End rant.    
I suppose if you are literally relying on your monthly or quarterly income to come from dividends, then it’s a lot more important. I don’t think most here are at the age and the folks discussing it have shown some risk tolerance. So I agree with you that it’s not a bad play. I don’t hate these stocks but I’m looking for total return. I think the stock is widely undervalued at these levels. While shorts have to pay out the dividend, I think they’d be a stronger company keeping the money for other things.

DHT is a tanker. They’ve performed like crap but they’re about to print a record quarter. Rates were stupid high due to storage issues when oil went negative. But given the long term demand for oil is likely to be suppressed and the unwind of storage could be ugly. The outlook for near term rates aren’t great. I think the market is too negative on it. But if they save money from paying out a dividend, they can shore up their balance sheet for the next quarter or two before TANKER SUPER CYCLE 2023

I suppose if you are literally relying on your monthly or quarterly income to come from dividends, then it’s a lot more important. I don’t think most here are at the age and the folks discussing it have shown some risk tolerance. So I agree with you that it’s not a bad play. I don’t hate these stocks but I’m looking for total return. I think the stock is widely undervalued at these levels. While shorts have to pay out the dividend, I think they’d be a stronger company keeping the money for other things.

DHT is a tanker. They’ve performed like crap but they’re about to print a record quarter. Rates were stupid high due to storage issues when oil went negative. But given the long term demand for oil is likely to be suppressed and the unwind of storage could be ugly. The outlook for near term rates aren’t great. I think the market is too negative on it. But if they save money from paying out a dividend, they can shore up their balance sheet for the next quarter or two before TANKER SUPER CYCLE 2023
:wub:

Damn. Wish I had put money in SPOT back after Rogan signed. Up almost 50% since then.  It's one of the few subscription services I have and couldn't do without. 

With already holding the giant turds known as INSW and FRO, I'm reluctant to get into any more tankers, regardless of the dividend. 

With already holding the giant turds known as INSW and FRO, I'm reluctant to get into any more tankers, regardless of the dividend. 
Has FRO been that bad? I think DHT is my favorite. Some of it is just because it’s the easiest to model since it’s all VLCCs. STNG and TNK are pure crap. Wish I swapped out of them and into the others. Those are down the same on a price basis and barely pay a dividend. They have too much debt and STNG does some shady ####. But I just shotgun approached my portfolio. 

CYDY under attack again, let's see if support materializes or not.
Seemed to do well. Like I said, I think folks are aware now. I’ll do my part to defend it but hopefully folks with real money will as well. 

I mean as someone who’s cost basis is above $10 🤣, if you said a week ago that Citron would come out with a hit piece and the stock would be at $6, I’d try to sell you a bankrupt rental car company. 

Seemed to do well. Like I said, I think folks are aware now. I’ll do my part to defend it but hopefully folks with real money will as well. 

I mean as someone who’s cost basis is above $10 🤣, if you said a week ago that Citron would come out with a hit piece and the stock would be at $6, I’d try to sell you a bankrupt rental car company. 
I tried my best as well but "recently deposited funds still on hold". Womp. 

Took 4% on TZA and 2% on SPXS. 

market flat as hell... let's see which way she breaks. Def taking up TZA before close 

Users who are viewing this thread