Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

4 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Warrant Buffet (a notorious gold bear) sees the trade from my viewpoint (he’s just in after I’m up almost 100% already). I was suspended for basically saying what the greatest investor ever said with his money. I looked at an article from 2014 which was preached as gospel and called it what it was, a lie. My comment wasn’t based on opinion, it was based on fact. Your comment to me is far worse than what I said, I’m just not a baby who hits a report button. We’re adults here, supposedly.

This will help you in your professional career; don’t let prior grudges blind you from facts. 

I was also unaware we had a grudge. Good to know, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yea that place is out of control funny. With that many outstanding shares is $10 even somewhat possible? I’m just hoping for 5. 

They have another like 1.3B authorized or something along those lines (and they will be added to float If this stock rises).

Personally, I feel $10 is a stretch. If the inhaler works, maybe, but even then idk. I suspect that a big pharma would step in at maybe like $15B ($5-$6 a share if they dilute). If (and big if) the drug is the real deal, intravenously, prob $3-$4, the inhaler would make the pie in sky $10 number a long shot, but possible.

Personally, I’m holding what I have left and I think $4-$5 is my hope if the drug saves 90% of critical patients.

Also, and this is the best advice you’ll find on this stock. Enable the Swiss exchange. Hold half in the US and half in the Swiss, you’ll be able to react to anything 11 hours out of the day. You basically get a head start on America. These Yahoo idiots have no idea what I’m even saying when I recommend this, but in the event of bad news overnight, could save you a ton on a sell off. Could also get in quicker on that side if you see something positive here. At the very least, you want that exchange enabled. I still only own the Swiss side, but tomorrow while both exchanges are open I’m going to put that in play. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I was also unaware we had a grudge. Good to know, I guess.

I hold no grudge, but your posting towards me is far from sincere.

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I hold no grudge, but your posting towards me is far from sincere.

I thought your posts to JTG were ridiculous, particularly given you had no idea what you were talking about (my reference above). He has considerably more credibility than you with me (and I'll only speak for myself in that regard, but I suspect I'm not alone).

I thought your calling someone out for having  made bad calls in the past was laughable. Whether they did or not, I have no idea. It really doesn't matter.

Beyond that, I don't really give much thought to you. Sorry. I had no idea you were gone until you came in acting like a tween girl whose phone got taken away.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Good call (it’s low was $90, pre drop high $129), although I don’t think there’s anything I owned on 3/16 that hasn’t doubled from the bottom. Man I wish I used every bit of cash I had and dove into margin. My entire non 401k portfolio is all up at least 100% from that week. I bought a bunch in those two weeks but didn’t quite go all in and unfortunately bought a couple things on 2/27 and 3/9. They’ve done well but like FLGT which has tripled since 2/27, it went down 2/3rds after I bought it. It’s up almost 8x the bottom had a waited another week or two!

That bottom was awesome.

Historic buying opportunity. The once in 10 year we always see. 

Glad we had some cash on hand. It has been pretty glorious. Yeah your right..on the price. Was thinking about a different stock. 

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

An inhaler for Covid is a $20B company. I own it at under 4 cents, would’ve loved to get you all in there. I had such conviction (I mean for a stock under 4 cents, as much conviction  as one could’ve).

FOMO is coming, wait for national news outlets to pick up the Houston story. Prayers for Captain Searcy.

Before it blew up, I sent Dr. Javitt an email, he responded and I knew he was the real deal. The management here is the complete opposite of Cytodyn.

Going to sell 75k shares tomorrow, which will clear over a quarter of a lemon in 18 days, and ride my final 125k shares wherever they take me.

@Bob Sacamano

The biggest financial blunder in the history of this forum. 

I think the biggest blunder was your lack of self control: getting yourself banned so you could not pimp it properly

• Laughing 2

16 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Who hit a report button? 

The issue/amusing part is that you seem to think it is someone's fault besides your own.

“You’re a liar telling lies” got me 2 weeks and prevented me from giving you all gold.

The very first bullet point in the article posted and told that “it rings true today” from 2014 highlights a $13B debt load. You know what the debt load is today? $2B.

So what was said is factually a lie (indisputable), so that was a liar telling lies :shrug:

And with my gains on that stock, I’m passionate about it.

There are a handful of posters in this thread that I really would’ve loved to get in on this at the start, under 4 cents. By Sunday night on 8/2 I had more research on NeuroRX and Relief than any human on Earth. My friends who I gave it too have basically offered me their wives. I’m salty that I couldn’t get in here and pass this off to others at that point for stating facts. And that undeserved suspension was the biggest blunder in this forum’s history. Everyone would’ve made $10k, everyone, some would prob be up in the $100s as well. 

5 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

“You’re a liar telling lies” got me 2 weeks and prevented me from giving you all gold.

The very first bullet point in the article posted and told that “it rings true today” from 2014 highlights a $13B debt load. You know what the debt load is today? $2B.

So what was said is factually a lie (indisputable), so that was a liar telling lies :shrug:

There are a handful of posters in this thread that I really would’ve loved to get in on this at the start, under 4 cents. By Sunday night on 8/2 I had more research on NeuroRX and Relief than any human on Earth. My friends who I gave it too have basically offered me their wives. I’m salty that I couldn’t get in here and pass this off to others at that point for stating facts. And that undeserved suspension was the biggest blunder in this forum’s history. Everyone would’ve made $10k, everyone, some would prob be up in the $100s as well. 

You are awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

This will help you in your professional career; keep your cool and stay level-headed, even when you're passionate about something.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I think the biggest blunder was your lack of self control: getting yourself banned so you could not pimp it properly

Bob Sacamano just called me a name, he won't get suspended, nor would I want that. I called someone on a blatant lie. Yours and Bobs predispositions are dictating your take in this discussion, not the facts at hand. 

https://youtu.be/GCi_PIz5ekU

Bob Sacamano just called me a name, he won't get suspended, nor would I want that. I called someone on a blatant lie. Yours and Bobs predispositions are dictating your take in this discussion, not the facts at hand. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This will help you in your professional career; keep your cool and stay level-headed, even when you're passionate about something.

It's good advice, and it is something I've tried to adhere to more and more as I've grown as a professional. On a message board, whatever, I'll let it fly, in a conference room, I'll take a deep breath and hold it in. You should think about my advice as well.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

:lmao:

Yeah, I'm protected from on high. Never happens.

A guy claimed he sold something. You jumped down his throat for no reason about it and then threw a hissy fit. If there are facts beyond that I'm missing, then OK. But I read that much. It was beyond over the top. If you weren't here after that, you've nobody to blame but yourself. I've disagreed with plenty of bannings I've received from here, but with the exception of 1, I could have seen every one of them coming. Including the one you're referencing here. 

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Wine. And perhaps hubris.

12 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I don't think that's the real Bob Sacamano.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

32 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

They have another like 1.3B authorized or something along those lines (and they will be added to float If this stock rises).

Personally, I feel $10 is a stretch. If the inhaler works, maybe, but even then idk. I suspect that a big pharma would step in at maybe like $15B ($5-$6 a share if they dilute). If (and big if) the drug is the real deal, intravenously, prob $3-$4, the inhaler would make the pie in sky $10 number a long shot, but possible.

Personally, I’m holding what I have left and I think $4-$5 is my hope if the drug saves 90% of critical patients.

Also, and this is the best advice you’ll find on this stock. Enable the Swiss exchange. Hold half in the US and half in the Swiss, you’ll be able to react to anything 11 hours out of the day. You basically get a head start on America. These Yahoo idiots have no idea what I’m even saying when I recommend this, but in the event of bad news overnight, could save you a ton on a sell off. Could also get in quicker on that side if you see something positive here. At the very least, you want that exchange enabled. I still only own the Swiss side, but tomorrow while both exchanges are open I’m going to put that in play. 

Good stuff. 

Possible it was posted in here and I missed it, but Airbnb finally planning to IPO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shorted Sirius this AM.

Figure car sales go down, SiRI goes down

• Thinking 1

How do you enable the Swiss exchange?

33 minutes ago, KGB said:

Shorted Sirius this AM.

Figure car sales go down, SiRI goes down

No commutes with increased WFH

9 minutes ago, SouthJersey said:

I've pretty much stopped listening to podcasts since I began working from home.

• Like 1

It's good advice, and it is something I've tried to adhere to more and more as I've grown as a professional. On a message board, whatever, I'll let it fly, in a conference room, I'll take a deep breath and hold it in. You should think about my advice as well.

Actually, we ask folks to be cool here too. Do that if you'd like to keep posting. Your call. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how everyone else is feeling right now, but I'm feeling like more than ever I need to trim some of my positions and seriously cut my exposure to this market.  It was one thing when the market was way off the highs and there was potentially tons of money to be made.  But now that we're back on the highs in such a fluffy bubble it seems like the risk/reward of being heavily invested isn't really there.

I mean how much higher can it go from this point (famous last words, I know).  What's the downside if you take a few months with a bunch of cash and the market holds up?  You miss out on a couple percent of gains?  Versus the downside of staying in which could be another massive fallout that puts everything back on sale.

Easier said than done, I know, as I look through my positions and try to figure out what to sell.  But is anyone else feeling this way?  Anyone actually acting on it and going heavy cash?

Edited by FreeBaGeL

1 hour ago, guru_007 said:

Im interested if anyone wants to make me $10k.  Pms are open.  :thumbup:

:hey:

18 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I've pretty much stopped listening to podcasts since I began working from home.

I listen to them more. Mostly as background noise.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'm not sure how everyone else is feeling right now, but I'm feeling like more than ever I need to trim some of my positions and seriously cut my exposure to this market.  It was one thing when the market was way off the highs and there was potentially tons of money to be made.  But now that we're back on the highs in such a fluffy bubble it seems like the risk/reward of being heavily invested isn't really there.

I mean how much higher can it go from this point (famous last words, I know).  What's the downside if you take a few months with a bunch of cash and the market holds up?  You miss out on a couple percent of gains?  Versus the downside of staying in which could be another massive fallout that puts everything back on sale.

Easier said than done, I know, as I look through my positions and try to figure out what to sell.  But is anyone else feeling this way?  Anyone actually acting on it and going heavy cash?

Definitely feeling that way. But many were feeling that way in May. 

Where do you put the money if not in equities? Bonds get no yield. Cash is worse. Gold maybe. Crypto? RE? If I wanted to be a landlord I'd be there. REITs are a possibility but come with a similar level of risk. Other materiels? :shrug:

Edited by -OZ-

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Definitely feeling that way. But many were feeling that way in May. 

Where do you put the money if not in equities? Bonds get no yield. Cash is worse. Gold maybe. Crypto? RE? If I wanted to be a landlord I'd be there. REITs are a possibility but come with a similar level of risk. Other materiels? :shrug:

But at least in May there was still lots of upside because the market was still well off the highs.  If you went cash gang in May you missed a pretty nice run the last 3 months.  If you go cash gang now what will you miss over the next 3 months even if you're wrong and the market holds up fine.  I mean it's not like we're going to be looking at SPY 390 three months from now (again, famous last words). 

As to where to put it I'm not sure it matters.  I'm not saying to sit out for two years.  Where did the people who got out in March put the money?  It didn't really matter, so long as they had it out.  I'm thinking I can miss 3 months of minimal gains to make sure I don't lose a crapton.  Of course like I said, easier said than done because I am pretty confident in my holdings, but even things like AAPL went on sale when the market tanked before.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Capella said:

Did FC just get run again? :lmao: 

Great. Gonna cost me another 6 figures. At least he won't get to sleep with my wife.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 9

22 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I have a decent amount of cash still for every reason you say, but I've been staying around 70% invested and not going beyond that too much. I'm confident in what stocks I have, so if there's a major crash the 30% is more than enough to take advantage, and the 70% invested is plenty to not miss out if everything keeps performing.

I have been doing some trading around core positions with that cash. I've been selling way out of the money covered calls. I think I'll be doing this until we get several accessible treatments (or a vaccine but I'm not counting on that.)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think you'd be foolish not to feel this way.  A few things to consider if I may be so bold.  There is no way for you or anyone to time the market.  But you can certainly do a number things to help you sleep better at night.  For me, I don't have any issues selling a portion of a position I've made a lot of money on.  I've mentioned before I've sold AMZN at like 2500, NVDA at 250 and MSFT at 60, 60!!!  But I still own a lot of these, my cost basis is nil and I just let these effers run.  No regrets, make money.  On positions I'm not sold on that I want to hold for 5+ years, trailing stop losses.  If stock goes up, move the stop up.  IF stock goes down, you've locked in your profit and wait for the next investment.

The last thing you want to be is all cash if the market is going up, up, up and so long as the Fed is backstopping us, its going up.  Maybe not as precipitously as the past 4-5 months, but you have unlimited cash helping companies in duress with liquidity.  If that stops, watch out.  

There are certainly going to be bumps in the road.  The election is going to be a bump in the road.  The lack of a stimulus package is going to be a bump in the road.  A lack of vaccine is going to be a massive pot hole.  But, if these things get settled, the market is forward looking and it will continue to go up.  How much higher can it go from here?  A LOT higher.  Dow 30,000 is not out of the question.  Keep in mind that the indexes are being propped up by just a small number of companies, and none of those have issues.  A few bits of good news, and the rest of the companies are going to be revvvinng up.  Keep an eye on banks.  Another good forward indicator are semis, and the SMH and that's been flying.  

How much further down can it go?  A LOT lower.  Outbreaks with schools opening.  A hard shut down with a change in leadership.  Capital gains tax accelerations.  etc...  But just stay the course.  Market is frothy in some areas for sure.  Market is not nearly as frothy in others.  Value has been lagging for a long while.  I'm concerned sure.  I also hedge my portfolio with SPY puts, of course keep cash on hand, and continue to save heavy.  

22 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I listen to them more. Mostly as background noise.

I like to really listen to them. Background I'll just go with music or CNBC on TV.

2 hours ago, Lacey said:

How do you enable the Swiss exchange?

This is about RFLTF right?  Is he mad he doesn’t have his own thread?

5 minutes ago, bshell27 said:

This is about RFLTF right?  Is he mad he doesn’t have his own thread?

Yes and yes

• Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, steelerfan1 said:

@Todem was it you who recommended PEO at 1 time?

Was it a good stock pick on a reliable ticker without a bunch of gloating when it of course worked out fantastically?

Of course it was @Todem.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

40 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Was it a good stock pick on a reliable ticker without a bunch of gloating when it of course worked out fantastically?

Of course it was @Todem.

Ouch,  do I detect some conflict? I remember PEO from someone here as I would not have heard it anywhere else. I will try the search function.

4 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I think you and I share a problem with communicating on forums.

I agree with what you are saying, but I find the way you put it to be off putting.  I do the same thing all the time apparently.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

Apparently, I'm glutton for punishment. In for 500 HGEN. @Whyatt made some good points, and at this price point, I think it's worth the risk/reward.

8 hours ago, St. Louis Bob said:

In for 1000 HGEN at $3.43

Best of luck guys, you have cheaper cost basis than I do. I agree on the risk / reward - Here is what we can expect soon.

• nasdaq listing - August has been mentioned 
  • Independent publication (Mayo Clinic) of clinical trial patient data 

There is some pretty good investor information on their website if you want to dig in.

51 minutes ago, steelerfan1 said:

Ouch,  do I detect some conflict? I remember PEO from someone here as I would not have heard it anywhere else. I will try the search function.

Hmm, I guess I was more convoluted than I intended to be.

My intent was to confirm that yes it was Todem that recommended it while simultaneously complimenting him on the great advice he regularly gives in this thread.

PEO was one of his many great recommendations.

• Thanks 1

I’ll take my cookie and go. I’ve got a top MBA program to finish after taking last semester off and a castle to buy in West Palm, my time is limited anyways. My experience and knowledge are fantastic, way beyond my years and wildly under appreciated here. The portfolio I constructed in April is nothing short of fantastic, I’m sure none of you will even go back and find it, but it has been dominating the S&P and is also nicely hedged. Gold I’ve recommended since it was printing an 11 in front of it. 

You don’t like me bc I'm cocky, abrasive, and generally a ####, I really don’t care, I’ve earned it in life, every bit of it.

This forum has been gutted and some of its best posters haven’t been spotted in 12-24 months. The political forum makes my stomach turn trying to read It, yet alone partake in a conversation.

In general, I wish most of you well. A handful of you, meh.

Yea yea, see you tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

4 hours ago, SouthJersey said:

I’ve also heard in urban and suburban areas that car sales are booming, as nobody wants to take public transit or ride sharing anytime soon. So while they may be down overall, it might not be as much as one might think. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Hmm, I guess I was more convoluted than I intended to be.

My intent was to confirm that yes it was Todem that recommended it while simultaneously complimenting him on the great advice he regularly gives in this thread.

PEO was one of his many great recommendations.

Oops, I apologize fbg, I lost my sister this week and read it as Todem was gloating, but I did have a few stouts in me at the time and am getting some clarity as we speak.

Glad it wasn’t a knock on him as a newbie I love his assistance here.

thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

6 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I’ll take my cookie and go. I’ve got a top MBA program to finish after taking last semester off and a castle to buy in West Palm, my time is limited anyways. My experience and knowledge are fantastic, way beyond my years and wildly under appreciated here. The portfolio I constructed in April is nothing short of fantastic, I’m sure none of you will even go back and find it, but it has been dominating the S&P and is also nicely hedged. Gold I’ve recommended since it was printing an 11 in front of it. 

You don’t like me bc I'm cocky, abrasive, and generally a ####, I really don’t care, I’ve earned it in life, every bit of it.

This forum has been gutted and some of its best posters haven’t been spotted in 12-24 months. The political forum makes my stomach turn trying to read It, yet alone partake in a conversation.

In general, I wish most of you well. A handful of you, meh.

Yea yea, see you tomorrow.

You can rub people the wrong way but you did help me get a replacement tempurpedic mattress so you are A-ok I’m my book!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whyatt said:

Best of luck guys, you have cheaper cost basis than I do. I agree on the risk / reward - Here is what we can expect soon.

• nasdaq listing - August has been mentioned 
  • Independent publication (Mayo Clinic) of clinical trial patient data 

There is some pretty good investor information on their website if you want to dig in.

Looking to join you guys today!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I've been feeling the exact way.  Over the last month I've dropped from 15-20% cash to 0-3% buying tech on the dips.  I've given consideration to trimming 10% across the board.  My problem is that I don't want to trim any Amazon which is back to 15% of my portfolio.  I've got a decent chunk in tankers, banks/finance, oil, and stocks like Kohl's which are closer to there March levels than ATHs.  If the market just stays in this range, I suspect those stocks will do well.

One thing you could do is hedge with with some of the negative funds like TZA.  If they are triple leveraged funds, then owning a 5% position is actually like holding 15% cash position.  You can also count any future contribution you know you are going to make as part of your cash position.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Capella said:

Did FC just get run again? :lmao: 

He's like a poker player on tilt. Geez, just calm down buddy. 

12 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

It seldom pays to try to time the market with long term money. Now, I can get on board with getting out of the riskier securities even if you have made a lot of money on them. But selling out of AMZN, APPL, JPM, other long term, great companies, seems silly. They may go down some but they'll go up over the long term. Why miss those up days?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I've been feeling the exact way.  Over the last month I've dropped from 15-20% cash to 0-3% buying tech on the dips.  I've given consideration to trimming 10% across the board.  My problem is that I don't want to trim any Amazon which is back to 15% of my portfolio.  I've got a decent chunk in tankers, banks/finance, oil, and stocks like Kohl's which are closer to there March levels than ATHs.  If the market just stays in this range, I suspect those stocks will do well.

One thing you could do is hedge with with some of the negative funds like TZA.  If they are triple leveraged funds, then owning a 5% position is actually like holding 15% cash position.  You can also count any future contribution you know you are going to make as part of your cash position.

If people are thinking of trimming I would not be trimming the tech giants. AMZN, APPL, GOOGL, NFLX etc etc.

If anything trim your industrial and cyclical winners (BA, CAT, DE, EMR to name a few). Those stocks will get pounded in the next downturn. I love them long term. But you can build cash taking profits from those types of cyclical names and go back in again at lower prices. Also if you have some heavy REIT profits (GLPI, MGM, WRE and the like) think about trimming those as well. Energy profits are also an area to trim to build cash. 

Typically when I build cash it will be from those types of stocks.

Unless the fundamentals change I typically always hold my consumer staples, big pharma and utilities. Those are my defensive positions that even though will also correct, they won’t drop nearly as bad and of course their yields are powerful. 

To recap:

When building a cash position in a long term portfolio trim:

Industrials

Materials

Consumer Cyclicals

Energy

Real Estate Investment Trusts

Hold:

Staples (food, tooth paste, cleaning products, paper products etc think PG, JNJ, CLX, UL, GIS, MDLZ)

Utilities (Gotta turn on the lights and AC/Heater think NEE, EXC, ED, AEP)

Big Pharma (think PFE, BMY, MRK)

Big Tech (people can’t live without their Amazon, Google and Apple...we are certainly in this reality now)

And these days your big box retailers like TGT, HD and WMT are core holdings through recessions with their growing dividends, ever fast growing online presence and simply put cult like followings now. (For the record we are a Target family and only when I am desperate do we venture into our Super Walmart).

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7