What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

The trading account was up 5.56% today, which is mighty fine shootin' if you're 30% cash.

I'm not looking at the 403(b) account and you can't make me.

This is me.  Ready to go shopping, but not sure we are out of the woods. 

Anybody have historical context on what happens over Labor Day?
People usually get together with friends and family to barbecue and drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
So today I started 3 positions and bought my first ever shares of amazon, Google, and apple.

Any advice on where to go from here?  Would tomorrow be the day to add if everything is down several % again?  Or wait till next week for an even bigger pullback?

I am like 60% cash in these accounts.

Edit....I thought about putting in some limit orders for about 5% down.  
imo bank some profits and don't try and catch falling knives. Cash is king

Bold prediction on a Friday before a holiday weekend. Usually the markets are ho-hum boring and low volume on these kind of days. But 2020 hasn’t been your typical year in any way, shape or form so who knows?
It may be driven by profit-takers and fear or it may be driven by bargain hunters, but it definitely won't be ho-hum

What profits?  I bought them yesterday
ouch. That's the absolute worst start to new positions. Sell and cap your early losses, average down, or hold on and hope.

Too bad go back in time isn't one of the options.

I'd cut my losses, but I have an itchy trigger finger on stocks getting too familiar with red.

ouch. That's the absolute worst start to new positions. Sell and cap your early losses, average down, or hold on and hope.

Too bad go back in time isn't one of the options.

I'd cut my losses, but I have an itchy trigger finger on stocks getting too familiar with red.
What losses?  I bought yesterday.  Haven't lost anything.......yet.

Really glad I wasn't watching UVXY at the open, I mighta panicked  :lmao:

Probably blowing it out at some point today anyway.

All of these people on wallstreetbets that have been speculating their whole portfolios in these tech calls are just getting pummeled :lol:  

I get a lot of the tech pullback here, but more big moves from AAPL and AMZN today. Hard to envision a case where these huge companies with diverse revenue streams don't continue to rise.

I get a lot of the tech pullback here, but more big moves from AAPL and AMZN today. Hard to envision a case where these huge companies with diverse revenue streams don't continue to rise.
They will both be fine. Amazon was up like 80 YTD, pullbacks happen. I can’t imagine being even a little worried with holding amazon and Apple. 

Love this correction.  

Market needs to stay reasonable and this is overdue and healthy.

The tricky part is when to get back in...particularly with a 3 day weekend ahead of us.

Love this correction.  

Market needs to stay reasonable....this is overdue and healthy.

The tricky part is when to get back in...particularly with a 3 day weekend ahead of us.
Mancini saying since we blew through SPX 3390 we could test 3320/3330...recovering above 3390 could set up relief bounce. 

Been watching TQQQ too, but had my buy limit set too low.  
50 day was at 124.69 so I put my limit order in at 125. 

My SOXL limit order hit at 222.44 - I put that in yesterday as a joke I didn't think had a chance.  

Love this correction.  

Market needs to stay reasonable and this is overdue and healthy.

I don't mind the correction, even if I'm not totally capitalizing on it.

I've been intending to move a bit more conservatively with the college accounts for things 1-3 (between 1 and 5 years away, and all are roughly where it want them, there's no real need to stay greedy). 

Users who are viewing this thread