What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (15 Viewers)

For the upcoming SNOW IPO, am I am able to pre-order anything for Wedneday morning? Do I have to wait for the market to open before putting in any orders? 

SNOW IPO priced at $120/share  :shock:
How many shares outstanding?  Saw one place list 32.2M in the offering, but didn't say what might already exist or any total combined.

$120 was my limit price I had set.  Might have to up that a little. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about hopping in now that it's almost half the peak.
OK, I bought half of the $NNOX that got stopped out after hours for less than it sold for. I'll monitor for a new opportunity to buy the rest and then go with my original plan to add if/when FDA approval happens. Citron did the same thing to SHOP and PTON, soI hope I get so lucky. At this point I still made more than a double on it - just might need to set a much looser stop to allow for more wild rides.

How many shares outstanding?  Saw one place list 32.2M in the offering, but didn't say what might already exist or any total combined.

$120 was my limit price I had set.  Might have to up that a little. 
The article said 28 million in the offering but also said over $30bn market cap total. So that would mean 250mil+ float. 

For the upcoming SNOW IPO, am I am able to pre-order anything for Wedneday morning? Do I have to wait for the market to open before putting in any orders? 
Set a limit order.  As long as your price is in range it'll trigger when SNOW goes live.  I'll probably do that, but I'll also be watching like a hawk and hitting refresh a lot.    

Set a limit order.  As long as your price is in range it'll trigger when SNOW goes live.  I'll probably do that, but I'll also be watching like a hawk and hitting refresh a lot.    
Thank you! When I check Fidelity, I don't see the stock (SNOW) when I search. Any trick to finding it?

Thank you! When I check Fidelity, I don't see the stock (SNOW) when I search. Any trick to finding it?
I use TD so it's probably different.  When I search SNOW as if I want to view charts and research, nothing comes up.  [SNOW now shows up in search]

TD search brings up other "snow" name companies.  When I go to the the trade screen and fill out the limit order, the ticker SNOW is allowed there. 

I know there's a bunch of Fidelity guys here so hopefully one of them can help you.  

Damn Fidelity alerts. Got an email about another prospectus being updated. Got a little excited about an alert this morning. I haven’t gotten any shares before so I have no idea when you get the share, if you receive them.

Kodak up 51% premarket for not breaking the law.  
*according to their hand-picked subcommittee. :lmao:

From the report: "Based on the information provided by Karfunkel during his interview, it does not appear that his charitable gift of Kodak shares the day after the DFC Announcement violated the federalsecurities laws."

"He was extremely strong and powerful in his denial, believe me."

When does the price of Snowflake become official? Is that delayed because of the IPO?
There's no exact time, just need to distribute the shares which usually lasts several hours. If you have Think or Swim,  or another good site, you can see updates on what the expected open price will be up until it actually opens for trading. 

I was actually hoping to get some Metacrine. What’s the point of even showing interest if you know that only special clients get shares. No way did I think I’d see a dime of Snowflake, hence putting in a total ask of $96k, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to get squadoosh in all my requests. Definitely will be emailing the wealth guy to ask. If there’s no chance, may be worth moving my money elsewhere. It’d be nice to be part of someone’s free money giveaway.

I was actually hoping to get some Metacrine. What’s the point of even showing interest if you know that only special clients get shares. No way did I think I’d see a dime of Snowflake, hence putting in a total ask of $96k, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to get squadoosh in all my requests. Definitely will be emailing the wealth guy to ask. If there’s no chance, may be worth moving my money elsewhere. It’d be nice to be part of someone’s free money giveaway.
I mean, you need a better name than "stbugs" to get in with the rich folks. Maybe try "Wilmington Yacht III."

10:12 am ET

*Snowflake Indicates $160

CNBC just showed $175-180...

:mellow:  maybe they should go all out TSLA and open at $1000

beef said:
10:12 am ET

*Snowflake Indicates $160

CNBC just showed $175-180...

:mellow:  maybe they should go all out TSLA and open at $1000
I don’t follow politics that closely, but I thought snowflake was a derogatory term?

What goes into the deciding factor for a stock price opening?
I think someone mentioned once before that IPO's open up on the trading floor in person first and the price action there determines the opening price once they hit the digital markets.  Not sure if I'm remembering that correctly but basically there is some trading going on already.

Users who are viewing this thread