Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I have some EXC as well. Wanted some exposure, not doing anything with it.

I am probably going to enter a position on EXC this morning.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

PPL is down just as much during this.  I'm still riding there.  Had a sell order in at 27 on Friday but I waited until it got just below that to put it in and it never recaptured that mark.

I missed out on the low 26’s and 25’s, watching it myself to see if it retreats a little more.

Well this is fun. 

It's also a lot of fun when the major journals can't come together on their talking points as to who/what is responsible.

3 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Well this is fun. 

It's also a lot of fun when the major journals can't come together on their talking points as to who/what is responsible.

No stimulus deal...  Uh, well maybe it's coronavirus???  Then again, it could be the uncertainty of RBG's vacancy.  And lets not forget about the new bank scandal.

I'm about 35% cash in my play account, but feel like a deer in the headlights when it comes to buying anything right now.  Added some NRGU and TQQQ, but not going huge and will be ready to retreat quickly.

Websites that serve the gig economy are going to continue to expand rapidly.  I realize that there must have been some shoddy aspects to Fiverr at the beginning but it seems like it's quality will keep improving over time.  Seller's ratings will ensure this.  Has anyone used Fiverr?

2 hours ago, beef said:

Looking at a 3255-3265 opening???  3225 would be close to that 10% pullback from the S&P highs.

@AdamMancini4

3225-3230 target in #ES_F from this morning has been hit and we are down 10% from the highs making this the largest correction since February This is a bounce zone & likely last one before we visit the 200dma at 3100. Bulls need to recapture 3280 to gain any real traction $SPX

1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

Websites that serve the gig economy are going to continue to expand rapidly.  I realize that there must have been some shoddy aspects to Fiverr at the beginning but it seems like it's quality will keep improving over time.  Seller's ratings will ensure this.  Has anyone used Fiverr?

I actually used it to hire someone to do some ad design for me when my company was running ads on Craigslist.  That's been years ago though.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Buckna said:

I missed out on the low 26’s and 25’s, watching it myself to see if it retreats a little more.

I switched over to EXC from PPL, but went ahead and bought just a bit of PPL this morning.  6.2% at the moment is pretty good (even if it does split later).

2 minutes ago, Sand said:

I switched over to EXC from PPL, but went ahead and bought just a bit of PPL this morning.  6.2% at the moment is pretty good (even if it does split later).

Split?

24 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

No stimulus deal...  Uh, well maybe it's coronavirus???  Then again, it could be the uncertainty of RBG's vacancy.  And lets not forget about the new bank scandal.

I think Trump wins easily, and there's a rally behind that and a resulting crash in 2021 as the energy and transportation sector pull back will finally trickle thru and hurt banks more than the real estate arms did.  A Biden win is a crash in late 2020.  We close 1/1/21 somewhere around where we are now while r/wsb remains the best entertainment going.

Still heavily in cash in personal accounts, but looking at ways to play this sector wise, not broad market index wise.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Split?

Sorry - I guess it's more of a sale or spin off - https://electricenergyonline.com/article/energy/category/mergers-acquisitions/58/848613/ppl-corporationppl-corporation-launches-process-to-sell-u-k-business-reposition-itself-as-u-s-focused-utility-company.html

Todem noted that the distribution is likely to decrease due to this sale.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I think Trump wins easily, and there's a rally behind that and a resulting crash in 2021 as the energy and transportation sector pull back will finally trickle thru and hurt banks more than the real estate arms did.  A Biden win is a crash in late 2020.  We close 1/1/21 somewhere around where we are now while r/wsb remains the best entertainment going.

Still heavily in cash in personal accounts, but looking at ways to play this sector wise, not broad market index wise.  

I read an analysis that Biden will be better for the markets because the Democratic stimulus would be more.  

Edited by Punxsutawney Phil

22 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

I read an analysis that Biden will be better for the markets because the Democratic stimulus would be more.  

Username for the prognostication exercise checks out.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

DHT - Started dribbling back in at $5.38.  Hopefully we see the low $5s again, but I think it's wise to take a small position here.

ING - I feel very good around $7.  Started buying at this point last time.

JWN - Getting near it's 52 week low.  Pretty strong financially according to Fidelity.

INN - I did well trading this before.  Begin acquiring at $5.50 and add down to $5.  

MAR - Dribbling back in in the low 90s.  I've done well before buying here and adding on the way down.  $100 is my short term target but @TripItUp loves this long term.

TSN - Bargain stock at the moment.  Upper $50s has been the past downside.  Looking to build my long term position.

FAS - Banks took the brunt of the hit today.  Good short bounce potential here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Trump idea of stimulus is tax giveaway to companies, or just cash handouts. I can't think of anything better for stonks than trump.  

On 9/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, SFBayDuck said:

NKLA I got in post-SPAC, and it makes me nervous with all of this news this week - I was up 20 points or so and now back to even.  If GM looks to distance themselves it would crater, so I may exit that one.

Too late....

On 9/17/2020 at 3:33 PM, beef said:

RE: NNOX

Been following your discussion here and bought some at 29.  Just a taste, and left myself room to buy down.  Next limit set at 27.50 (edit, dropped it down from 28)

NNOX back down in this area again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sand said:

Utilities getting obliterated.  The EXC pick is now down 10%.  Looking at some traditional other ones during this downtown.  ED, DUK?  Any others to add to the list?

I'm constantly flogging AEP in here, but only because it has made my parents comfortable in their old age, and it will likely add comfort to mine.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

There’s an interview with the CEO on Motley Fool Live at 5pm Eastern. Pre-recorded, the guy who did it is a NNOX bull and tweeted he came away more confident. I added a little but now I really am just waiting for the FDA decision.

Edited by McBokonon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

I did as well but it was years ago. It worked well for quick little jobs but there were some very talented people on there. 

ETA: Holy hell it has skyrocketed this year

Edited by CR69
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Glad I jumped on 27.75 when I did.  Coming back and at 29 again, 

34 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

29 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

I'm constantly flogging AEP in here, but only because it has made my parents comfortable in their old age, and it will likely add comfort to mine.

1 minute ago, beef said:

Glad I jumped on 27.75 when I did.  Coming back and at 29 again, 

$27.70  didn't back up the bus and have a limit at $27.50 to add more.

Not sure I can follow this FishNSuds guy. Now, that BassNBrew guy, I'd follow him anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Not sure I can follow this FishNSuds guy. Now, that BassNBrew guy, I'd follow him anywhere. 

contender for POTY

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FishNSuds said:

BWIH

Black Women in Health?

• Laughing 1

Just checked my trading account, just to see the damage.

Up 1%, thanks LRNZ and SE.

1 hour ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Careful, he'll have you running 100 miles without training.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

That account is up a sliver thanks to Apple.  Overall, not too bad thanks to the Nasdaq being down only marginally.

Just realize the Fidelity account daily gain/loss isn't accurate once you start buying and selling.  I was down 1% and sold off some winners, bought some stocks that were down that have since bounced back, and now it says I'm down 2%.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FishNSuds said:

Just realize the Fidelity account daily gain/loss isn't accurate once you start buying and selling.  I was down 1% and sold off some winners, bought some stocks that were down that have since bounced back, and now it says I'm down 2%.

It works really well when you sell off some losers.  Makes the account look awesome.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, FishNSuds said:

Yeah it just tallies up the "today's Gain/Loss" column so if you sell out of something and it no longer exists in the table it isn't counted against daily P/L.

Best to just note your account value at the beginning of the day vs. end.

58 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Yeah, for such a bloodbath of today, up almost 2%. ZM, FSLY, ROKU and TTD were my big winners.

Should have bought back into FLGT when it fell below where I sold it. SMH.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Yeah it just tallies up the "today's Gain/Loss" column so if you sell out of something and it no longer exists in the table it isn't counted against daily P/L.

That’s why I try to keep my yahoo finance numbers correct so it gives me a total portfolio view. I don’t track my 401ks as much since they are the smallest part and non-trading accounts. Just let them keep building while actively working on the rest. Active is relative though, not like SharkNZima. Maybe 3-4 trades this month.

• Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

32 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Agreed

Or just don't worry about it every day. :shrug: 

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That’s why I try to keep my yahoo finance numbers correct so it gives me a total portfolio view. I don’t track my 401ks as much since they are the smallest part and non-trading accounts. Just let them keep building while actively working on the rest. Active is relative though, not like SharkNZima. Maybe 3-4 trades this month.

Regarding the bolded, :lmao: that's hilarious 

:banned:

Edited by drunken slob

On 9/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, pecorino said:

I read a bit about NKLA early this week, sold some puts on Wednesday (a neutral to bullish trade), watched it tank, read a whole lot more on NKLA, and yadda, yadda, yadda, I’m out. Buyer beware. Looking very fraudy right about now. 

So glad I bought back those puts on NKLA last week. Trainwreck.

5 hours ago, Sand said:

You like it long term? I’m still holding just been too busy to folllow. 

4 hours ago, GoBirds said:

You like it long term? I’m still holding just been too busy to folllow. 

I have cash and getting it in on a utility that's very attractive from a valuation perspective is ok by me.  In fact, both EXC and PPL are pretty good that way.  Didn't buy a huge amount of PPL today - just eased into the water a bit.

Snagged another share of Amazon at the afternoon low.  Wish it would just drop to $2200 so I could load up and stop fretting about when to buy.

HGEN = $11.49 after hours.  That is a 39% increase from Friday's low of $8.25.  A 53% increase over September 10th's low of $7.50.  Feels like the good ol days of CYDY.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Like 3

On 9/18/2020 at 10:30 AM, KGB said:

In for more amazon at $2938

AMZN.  Well, it's not red.  

3 minutes ago, KGB said:

AMZN.  Well, it's not red.  

Insane that crap like Wayfair is almost back to where it was before this latest dump but AMZN is still near the bottom of this move.