What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

And really, that was my other point in the CYDY about lessons. Making anything above 6-8x on an OTC stock is amazing. The probability that it will go to 2000-3000x if you hold long term is very, very small. So if you had CYDY at say $.60 a share, you should have sold above $6 a share, IMHO. 
And those of us at $1.00 waiting for $10?   :kicksrock:

BassNBrew said:
I'm aggressively adding CVS today.  This has Target of 3 months ago written all over it IMO.  Worse case I collect a 3.4% dividend.
Sold a bunch of stuff to get just under 50% cash in advance of the election, but I tailed this. If nothing else, I like the idea that over the next 9 mos or so they're likely to see a significant increase in foot traffic as they help administer Covid vaccine(s).

Lol, I’ll never understand day to day movements in some of these stocks. TTCF had been getting clobbered lately. Started the day down a couple percent, up 12.5% right now. It was down over 10% yesterday. RIDE was up yesterday (big intraday), down big today. No real rhyme or reason. Reminds me of the splits popping way more than they should. Almost seems like retail investors are trading based on symbol changes. Oh well.

Just got rid of my LSF position a little above $51. IPO at $22, nice $2900 profit for a freebie from Fidelity. Still holding ASO which is up nicely. I’ll watch LSF’s earnings calls, but I think there’s a lower entry. One analyst that likes them a lot had a 12 month target of $60. Not worth holding for that return considering the risk.

Rolled that profit into more FVRR and RDFN for long haul. 

Last edited by a moderator:
MSFT results look good. Flat. This is the environment we live in now. Solid beats are ante.

FSLY, MA, TDOC, GILD, V, FVRR, PINS tomorrow.

Oh, and CHDN. Place your bets.

ChiefD said:
So here's a question for you seasoned stock fellers:

Supposed you buy an OTC stock for pennies, and let's say you buy 100,000 shares of it.  By some miracle the stock hits $11 a share after 3 months or so. So at that moment, on paper you have $1,100,000.

Do you hold on for a year, gambling on that it stays there to lessen your capital gains, or do you sell it and pay the short term tax? 

For the record, I am NOT in this position, but just curious on the off chance this would ever happen. I would sell at $11, by the way. 

I think.

edit to add: this stock is an a brokerage account
Without a doubt, sell. 

I must admit, that 37% tax is high. But $693,000 buys a decent lake house.

BassNBrew said:
I'm aggressively adding CVS today.  This has Target of 3 months ago written all over it IMO.  Worse case I collect a 3.4% dividend.

Selling my Singapore airlines for an 8% gain.  Been sitting on that for 3 months.  
Curious - why CVS? Pretty sure I just missed something. 

I had considered buying Walgreens. I prefer the store (here anyway) and the value looks decent, with a 5% dividend if that's helpful.

MSFT results look good. Flat. This is the environment we live in now. Solid beats are ante.

FSLY, MA, TDOC, GILD, V, FVRR, PINS tomorrow.

Oh, and CHDN. Place your bets.
I’m going to wait in PINS. I want to start a position, but the SNAP earnings pop took PINS from low 40s to low 50s. If they don’t knock it put of the park as much as SNAP they could get hit hard. If they do it’s likely flat because that’s built in now. I’ve added more FVRR after selling some other things so not likely to add unless they drop back to the lower 100s.

I bought the first part of a PINS position around 41 so looking forward to earnings there.

I sold a portion of FVRR in the 170’s because Good Lord. Both excited and terrified of earnings tomorrow but going to add those shares back unless they say they’re pivoting to running cruise ships. 

MSFT gave luke warm guidance on XBOX so it’s pretty tepid and even down a little AH even though they had great numbers. Adding but waiting until tomorrow. 

LVGO/TDOC tomorrow, too. I’m pretty much at LVGO capacity so I hope they both crush it.

Started a position in ETSY last month and they’re reporting tomorrow, too. If Trump wins again that’s an immediate double because we’ll need masks forever.

The portfolio is gonna be volatile. I’m not getting any work done.

For you maniacs that were stupid enough to get into $NNOX - the FDA tends to post those FDA 510K approvals on the 5th of the month. I have to imagine we’ll get news on that front next week, then. They submitted their follow-up in September. I hope so, anyway. Their presentation is scheduled for that first week of December. They also report earnings on November 9th, but considering they don’t have, you know, sales, I have no idea what they’ll talk about.

This has been Kige Ramsey with YouTube McB Portfolio Updates.

I sold a portion of FVRR in the 170’s because Good Lord. Both excited and terrified of earnings tomorrow but going to add those shares back unless they say they’re pivoting to running cruise ships. 
I've actually added to FVRR (and SEDG) as they have pulled  back a bit. I wish I could use FVRR to hire for temporary projects instead of going through the expensive (but often fun) personal recruitment firms.

This has been Kige Ramsey with YouTube McB Portfolio Updates
We have a lot of overlap. I’ve doubled my FVRR that I started at $120. Should have bought it when I bought ETSY at $40 in March. At least I only let LVGO go from $20 to $60 before buying a bunch. Never added any AAPL or MSFT because all the mutual funds in our 401ks are loaded with them by default and I own a lot of AMZN. Feel like I’ve got enough FAANG.

Hanging on to NNOX until we hear good or bad news.

Also, based on MSFT, TWLO and CHGG, I think PINS will fall even if they beat especially since they got essentially a 25% sympathy pop with SNAP.

I've actually added to FVRR (and SEDG) as they have pulled  back a bit. I wish I could use FVRR to hire for temporary projects instead of going through the expensive (but often fun) personal recruitment firms.
Don’t blame you. I was just doing portfolio maintenance. I think I only shaved 9% or so, I posted it here but the search function sucks on my phone. 

Looking like I bought some stuff too soon.

Down 35% on this dog now.  Give me 1 green day to dump it please
Yeah, don’t look at premarket. With the 8% down in premarket, I’m down 25%. I don’t have a lot so I’ll ride it out since this is overall market drop not bad news drop.

FVRR up a few percent after earnings so at least the extra shares I bought were worth it. OKTA, ZM and SEDG up as well. Looks like an interesting day.

Curious - why CVS? Pretty sure I just missed something. 

I had considered buying Walgreens. I prefer the store (here anyway) and the value looks decent, with a 5% dividend if that's helpful.
CVS earnings look better relative to the price.  The whole sector is out of favor but it's not going anywhere.  CVS is trading at near it's crash.  Sales have been consistently increasing.  Walgreens sales have been flat and they did announce closing 3% of their stores last year.

CVS earnings look better relative to the price.  The whole sector is out of favor but it's not going anywhere.  CVS is trading at near it's crash.  Sales have been consistently increasing.  Walgreens sales have been flat and they did announce closing 3% of their stores last year.
CVS has been in a downward trend for 5+ years but I keep it on my watchlist because the fundamentals look so good. I just can’t buy any until there’s a clear sentiment change.

CVS has been in a downward trend for 5+ years but I keep it on my watchlist because the fundamentals look so good. I just can’t buy any until there’s a clear sentiment change.
5 year chart looks horrible. The March market dip pales in comparison to the 2016 and late 2018/2019 drops. It’s tough to buy when the 5 year chart shows multiple drops bigger than this year’s bear drop. I put it on the watch list due to these posts but don’t think I’d want to hold it long term so I’ll probably take it off.

FVRR up a few percent after earnings so at least the extra shares I bought were worth it. OKTA, ZM and SEDG up as well. Looks like an interesting day.
Something bad on the FVRR conference call or just getting dragged down with ETFs / broader market? Looking to add back the shares I sold.

Something bad on the FVRR conference call or just getting dragged down with ETFs / broader market? Looking to add back the shares I sold.
I think it’s just everything. DXCM beat estimates very well and yet it’s down 15% in two days. I’m not sure how long this will last so I’m not quite sure when I want to dive in more.

I think it’s just everything. DXCM beat estimates very well and yet it’s down 15% in two days. I’m not sure how long this will last so I’m not quite sure when I want to dive in more.
Well FFS. In the time it took me to hit submit, FVRR went from down multiple percent to up almost 4%. I’ve got 5 in the green but pretty much tracking the indices.

Once I get rid of RIDE, NWBO and NNOX, I am going to swear off this risky ####. It’s fun to play but when a downturn starts man do the risky plays get pummeled fast.

INN is back in the lower end of the trading range.  Took my first nibble at $5.09 and will add if it drops further.  I've been able to consistently move this for $5.50 to $6.00.

I keep looking at TQQQ and thinking I should get in.  I look away and come back to find it down another buck or two.  

I keep looking at TQQQ and thinking I should get in.  I look away and come back to find it down another buck or two.  
If i want to play tech I'm voting for SOXL over TQQQ.  I like the companies better.

I'm looking at small caps after the election though.  

I'm just going to move all those shares into my very very long term hold category.  Someday my grandkids may make a buck or two on it.  
Lol. It’s not a big position for me, but RIDE, NNOX and NWBO are now in that wait for actual news holding patterns. Nothing has really changed, they just get slaughtered when the overall market gets a haircut.

Users who are viewing this thread