What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Buffalo Bills - Same as it ever was*** (5 Viewers)

Losing Brown for the next 3 games is going to be pretty tough, especially in situations where they’d like to go 4 wide.

Gotta think with Cody Ford being done for the season, Quinton Spain is laughing. There is going to be a hole at LG for the rest of the season now. And for all of McDermott’s smoke about possibly not playing Morse, that’s not even a possibility now IMO.

And next week’s game against the Niners just got really interesting. Santa Clara is shutting down all high school, college, and pro sports that involve any contact for 3 weeks. So now the Niners need to find a place to practice and a place to play next Monday Night’s game. 

Bills caught a bit of a break today - Chargers were not at their best.  Coaching aside, Herbert missed a lot of throws.

It's nice to win a game when you're not at your best.  Allen wasn't inefficient (another 75% comp % game) but got clobbered by Bosa repeatedly and that INT was dreadful.

Still, Bills ran the ball pretty well and the defense showed up when it mattered.  Big INT from White, a big 4th down stop, they did enough.  Keep pace with Miami and New England.

Bills caught a bit of a break today - Chargers were not at their best.  Coaching aside, Herbert missed a lot of throws.

It's nice to win a game when you're not at your best.  Allen wasn't inefficient (another 75% comp % game) but got clobbered by Bosa repeatedly and that INT was dreadful.

Still, Bills ran the ball pretty well and the defense showed up when it mattered.  Big INT from White, a big 4th down stop, they did enough.  Keep pace with Miami and New England.
It’s kind of nice that the Bills are good enough to play pretty terribly and still win. Totally different starting place each game for them.

The O-like seriously needs to get figured out though as far as pass blocking goes. They have not been good lately at all and it is showing. They are struggling to get time to throw the ball down the field. 

Sounds like there’s a good chance the Bills get Tyrell Dodson back this week at linebacker. That would be a good thing. Oh, and Matt Milano too  :pickle:

Klein is AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

I'm sure we can all probably come up with other examples of players who went from "wow, this guy is a serious liability" to "wow, this guy is playing lights out," but this is really a breathtaking 180 for Klein.  Good for him.  If you told me six weeks ago that we were going to find ourselves with an embarrassment of riches at the LB position, I'd have laughed at you.

Klein is AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

I'm sure we can all probably come up with other examples of players who went from "wow, this guy is a serious liability" to "wow, this guy is playing lights out," but this is really a breathtaking 180 for Klein.  Good for him.  If you told me six weeks ago that we were going to find ourselves with an embarrassment of riches at the LB position, I'd have laughed at you.
The only thing that’s crazy to me, is that if you watched that game and came away thinking that Klein deserved that award this week more than Bosa, well, then I’m not sure what you were watching.

The Bills have done a great job adjusting their scheme and using Klein in ways that play to his strengths and limiting his exposure on his weaknesses. It’s been good to see both him and Edmunds playing a lot more aggressively and better

Does Klein go back to the bench when Milano is activated? Asking for my IDP league. Both are available but I'd only be able to grab one. Do they both split time? Is Milano stepping right back into his normal role?

Does Klein go back to the bench when Milano is activated? Asking for my IDP league. Both are available but I'd only be able to grab one. Do they both split time? Is Milano stepping right back into his normal role?
Milano will be the guy, assuming he’s 100% healthy. Klein may end up getting more reps than he was at the beginning of the season, but Milano is a really really good linebacker (almost certainly their best).

Pretty impressive, the only guy that has any injury designation is Fromm. Otherwise they are totally healthy (other than the guys on IR).

Shout!

Great win!

I must say, though... I'm not excited about the Steelers losing tonight. They are going to come out motivated and focused next week...
Getting pressure on Big Ben will be hugely important. They’re going to throw the ball a ton and Ben isn’t as mobile as he used to be and he can be pressured into making bad passes.

On the other side of the ball, the Bills need to keep Watt off of Allen as much as possible. Chip him with a TE or RB and go at him with screens. The Steelers are really hurting at linebacker so I could see another big game for Beasley dominating over the middle of the field.

Should be another fun prime time game.

I feel like every year, there's this assumption that the AFC East sucks, and every year the division proves people wrong.  The Jets aside, all 3 of the Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots are hot right now.  Gonna be an interesting last 4 weeks, with those teams all playing each other down the stretch.

I feel like every year, there's this assumption that the AFC East sucks, and every year the division proves people wrong.  The Jets aside, all 3 of the Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots are hot right now.  Gonna be an interesting last 4 weeks, with those teams all playing each other down the stretch.
Kinda crazy how easy Miami’s schedule has been: Link

Out of all the playoff contenders, they’ve had by far the easiest schedule (and yeah, I know, the Bills had an awfully easy schedule last year).

Steelers and Browns with next easiest schedules. Awfully nice year to play the NFC East.

Kinda crazy how easy Miami’s schedule has been: Link

Out of all the playoff contenders, they’ve had by far the easiest schedule (and yeah, I know, the Bills had an awfully easy schedule last year).

Steelers and Browns with next easiest schedules. Awfully nice year to play the NFC East.
Kinda odd to see such a disparity between Miami and the Bills in the SOS discussion.  12 of their games are against the exact same opponents and 2 of the games are against each other.  But the Bills got Pittsburgh and Tennessee, and Miami got Cincinnati and Jacksonville based on last year's results.  That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Kinda odd to see such a disparity between Miami and the Bills in the SOS discussion.  12 of their games are against the exact same opponents and 2 of the games are against each other.  But the Bills got Pittsburgh and Tennessee, and Miami got Cincinnati and Jacksonville based on last year's results.  That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
Sorta related, I did see a stat floating around on Twitter that says the Bills have the most wins in the NFL over teams above .500.  I don't know if that's true, though.

Sorta related, I did see a stat floating around on Twitter that says the Bills have the most wins in the NFL over teams above .500.  I don't know if that's true, though.
From a quick look, it seems as if they may be tied with KC and Pittsburgh with 4 wins over teams that are above .500. It’s possible I missed an outlier team as I didn’t check everyone, but teams like Browns, Dolphins, Titans, Colts, Packers, Saints and Bucs all have less than that. 

Think of how weird it's going to be next year when we play a first place schedule and New England is getting the Jacksonvilles of the world.

Over the past 24 hours, the Bills have gone from 2.5 point dogs to 2.5 point favorites over the Steelers.  Second week in a row with a wild swing in the betting line.

(I think the original line was about right, and the betting public is overreacting to last night's games, FWIW).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to get confused.  This is Year 4 of our current regime, and I thought the rule was that this was when our front office was supposed to leave and we start over from scratch.  Instead we're extending everybody.  Is that even a thing you're legally allowed to do in the NFL?

You all understand that both the Browns and Bills are good this year, right? And that the Patriots are bad? And that it is 2020? So there’s about a 90% chance a meteor strikes the earth and kills us all, right?

You all understand that both the Browns and Bills are good this year, right? And that the Patriots are bad? And that it is 2020? So there’s about a 90% chance a meteor strikes the earth and kills us all, right?
Yup, and it'll probably happen at Halftime in the Super Bowl when the Bills are up 34-3 against the Saints.

Remember a year ago, before the Bills and Steelers played, when PFF insisted that the Steelers would beat the Bills because Duck Hodges is a better QB than Josh Allen?

A year later Hodges is a 4th string QB and on the practice squad and Josh Allen is in the MVP conversation.

This is an excellent reminder that PFF’s analysis of Josh Allen wasn’t just terrible, their analysis on Hodges was garbage as well. So their contention that Allen is a unicorn outlier and that their analysis overall is good takes a bit of a hit when you see what they thought of Hodges as well.

Things have broken just right for the Bills so far today. If Buffalo beats the Steelers tonight and the Browns can manage to beat the Ravens tomorrow night, the Bills will actually clinch a playoff spot.

Imagine getting Brown back?  The Bills are legit Super Bowl contenders. 
Swoon.

And Milano should be back up to 100% soon.

I’d feel even better about the offense if the Bills hadn’t ticked off and then got rid of Spain. I’d feel a lot better about the O-line if Spain was at LG instead of Boettger. The Bills and their desire to force the Cody Ford issue screwed that up. Of course, Spain should have handled it better too and I bet he regrets missing out on playing for something special instead of playing for the garbage heap that is the 2020 Burrows-less Bengals.

man, Buffalo has a really good team.  congrats!!
Thanks, I worked really hard on it!

It really is such a crazy/interesting year. The one thing that sucks is that the Bills seem to be legit good for the first time in forever and of course fans aren’t able to be at the games. That stadium would have been nuts last night.

Thanks, I worked really hard on it!

It really is such a crazy/interesting year. The one thing that sucks is that the Bills seem to be legit good for the first time in forever and of course fans aren’t able to be at the games. That stadium would have been nuts last night.
It’s extremely depressing. It sucks watching Kansas City successful have 20k fans since September with no issues.  

Singletary/Moss owner desperate for anything resembling RB2 production.   Anyone have any theories for the better back to start @ Denver?   Feel like this could be a game where there's a prayer of 24+ combined RB carries.    

Singletary/Moss owner desperate for anything resembling RB2 production.   Anyone have any theories for the better back to start @ Denver?   Feel like this could be a game where there's a prayer of 24+ combined RB carries.    
Good luck on that! :shrug:

I'd go with Singletary as I think he's a bit more talented, and has received a slight edge in the passing game.

The Browns are good?  :confused:
They show flashes. Their first half stomping against a pretty good Titans team was pretty impressive.  But I think it’s pretty clear that the AFC North has benefitted greatly by their schedule. The AFC North has had a ridiculously easy slate of games this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread