Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy?

Wow. Again I'd like to be wrong here but I think folks are really undervaluing Franklin, esp Coop in this thread.

I could certainly be wrong too. Wouldn't be the first time this afternoon.

I didnt see the game but how can you not love the stat lines the last couple weeks. :banned:

Lacy 24 touches, 125 yards. Franklin 2 touches, 4 yards.

I didnt see the game but how can you not love the stat lines the last couple weeks. :banned:

Lacy 24 touches, 125 yards. Franklin 2 touches, 4 yards.

Lacy didn't look pretty but he runs hard and gets tough yards. The kid is a beast. Had a run late in the game down on Baltimore's end of the field (maybe 10-15 yard line) and may have scored but after picking up the first down went to the ground with GB ahead and Baltimore out of timeouts. GB took a knee and ran out the clock after that first down. May have been able to score on the play but very heads up on his part.

Lacy played phenomenal. I'd be surprised if he wasn't given a game ball. This is exactly what the Packers needed coming into the season. He makes the tough yards/conversions and occasionally breaks a big play. I couldn't be happier as a Packer fan. Keep it up Lacy!!!

• Like 2

Great game on the NFL level. Hopefully the touchdowns will come soon and he can get a little work in the passing game.

In PPR at least, it was only an average game from a RB, but it's definitely a good start for his continued involvement.

Lacy 24 touches, 125 yards.

Just imagine if he wasn't fat and injury-prone.

Im perfectly happy with current Eddie Lacy

I could also stand to stop hearing that GB's line is "terrible" since they have a 100 yard rusher every week.

They are terrible against good edge rushers, that's all.

an absolute beast. last 2 games he has 46 carries for 219 yards (4.8 YPC). for some reason he hasn't caught many passes which GB backs usually do and he hasn't gotten TD opportunities (bad luck) but when those come he could explode. hard to find 12 backs I like better going forward.

clearly better: AP, Charles, Forte, Mccoy, Foster, Bush, Lynch

Probably better: Martin, Murray, Moreno

in the group with Lacy: Spiller, Morris, Rice, Gore,

• Like 1

When you toss out the obvious elites (Charles, dap, foster, shady, etc), I would, without a doubt, take home over his peer group (Chris Johnson, gore, Murray, etc). He just seems reliable and "known" what the packers are going to be doing, especially as the weather turns worse.

With this kind of workload, he's only a goal line td or two away from being a rock solid RB every week.

an absolute beast. last 2 games he has 46 carries for 219 yards (4.8 YPC). for some reason he hasn't caught many passes which GB backs usually do and he hasn't gotten TD opportunities (bad luck) but when those come he could explode. hard to find 12 backs I like better going forward.

Um, I doubt he sees many pass attempts his way. So, curb your expectations a bit.

Um, I doubt he sees many pass attempts his way. So, curb your expectations a bit.

why not? Packers RBs always get receptions, see Franklin and Starks this year and even Benson last year. Lacy wasn't coming off on all 3rd downs (though Kuhn did take a couple 2 minute drives).

Gore seems to be the most similar RB currently. Won't get many catches apparently out of the backfield and should get a decent chance at a TD during games. Solid RB2 going forward.

I disagree with this current theme that he just won't catch passes. I think it has just been a weird two weeks as far as targeting RB's for Rodgers. Packers RBs caught 54 passes last year and Starks and Franklin caught 8 during the 2 games Lacy missed so him catching 3 per game from here on out seems very reasonable to me. I see nothing that tells me he is so much worse than say Cedric Benson, the Packers won't throw him a few balls

He's not getting targets because he is not very good at presenting them, right now. It doesn't look like he knows where to be after chipping (or any first assignment). He's loses himself in a crowd and just camps out - whether it's a good area to do so or not.

I think he gets the hang of it and gets more targets. But I feel comfortable saying that Lacy is the biggest reason he's not getting them currently.

He's not getting targets because he is not very good at presenting them, right now. It doesn't look like he knows where to be after chipping (or any first assignment). He's loses himself in a crowd and just camps out - whether it's a good area to do so or not.

I think he gets the hang of it and gets more targets. But I feel comfortable saying that Lacy is the biggest reason he's not getting them currently.

:goodposting:

I noticed that too. Lacy kind of just turns and faces Rodgers, with no awareness of an LB being right behind him and that moving to an open space away from the defender makes him infinitely more accessible to throw to. It would seem like a relatively easy thing for the coaching staff to coach Lacy up on pretty quickly, so I'm guessing he'll start to get more targets as the season progresses.

Edited by Time Kibitzer

It was a heady play to fall down on his last run and he also appears to be their best RB in pass protection. Seems like a sharp dude with good field awareness to me. Not worried about future RB targets.

I also expect to see him become more involved in the passing game with the injuries to Cobb and Jones.

I disagree with this current theme that he just won't catch passes. I think it has just been a weird two weeks as far as targeting RB's for Rodgers. Packers RBs caught 54 passes last year and Starks and Franklin caught 8 during the 2 games Lacy missed so him catching 3 per game from here on out seems very reasonable to me. I see nothing that tells me he is so much worse than say Cedric Benson, the Packers won't throw him a few balls

4 games with 4 targets and you expect 3 catches per game? Not going to happen any time soon.

Edited by Mario Kart

4 games with 4 targets and you expect 3 catches per game? Not going to happen any time soon.

I expected it because Packers always use RBs out of the backfield. and he's got 6 today so far, so good start

Please make this post during his game every week. TIA.

no doubt. 80+ yards rushing, 5 catches for 26 and a punch-in TD. My expectations for him coming into the draft were exactly that, with the exception of the 5 receptions. That's a bonus. I'd say he is a low end RB1/high end RB2 going forward.

Starks back at practice. How much does he cut into Lacy's carries?

None what so ever, Starks will only get hurt again and its not the difference maker that Lacy is regardless of the one good game he had this year.

lacy is terrific.

He is among a handful of RB's who is getting 20 carries a game and is the goal line back.

Starks might be a little more of a worry than we thought. he looks good

I really hope Starks was getting all those Carries due to game being 14 point differential in the 4th q.

I really hope Starks was getting all those Carries due to game being 14 point differential in the 4th q.

he got a series in first half also. I think they want to use both. Starks looks good enough to get a share of the carries

If they stay this balanced on offense, I have no issues w/ Starks getting some. Plus Lacy is still getting looks in the passing game.

I think Starks is just change of pace back. Hard tio take him out if he is getting 10+ yards per carry. Those holes are huge though....

you want lacy to have 35 carries a game?

no, this ratio is great was just commenting on Starks speed and burst. Packers will want to get that on the field I think. as long as they get this many carries to go around we can't complain

no, this ratio is great was just commenting on Starks speed and burst. Packers will want to get that on the field I think. as long as they get this many carries to go around we can't complain

Starks complements lacy nice. he makes their team better. but lacy is a 3down back and he'll see the majority every week

Starks is absolutely only a career back up. If you were to ask the Vikings who they prefer to be running the ball right now would it be Starks or Lacy? Lacy's been pounding them all night. Edited by bill bates hits hard

Definitely the case I would say. GB knows who they are playing and the QB of that team. Starks is going to pony up and get his handful of carries, but its pretty obvious Lacy is McCarthy's stallion.

I said it in the game thread but Starks looks faster and Lacy is the guy that's hard to bring down. It's a nice 1-2 punch that the Packers haven't had in a while.

Going forward Lacy should get the lions share (20-25 touches) with Starks getting a drive or two (~10 touches). Nothing different than how many teams do it. Lacy is a must-start and Starks is a low low flex option (I HATE the "what the heck flex play" call).

I said it in the game thread but Starks looks faster and Lacy is the guy that's hard to bring down. It's a nice 1-2 punch that the Packers haven't had in a while.

Going forward Lacy should get the lions share (20-25 touches) with Starks getting a drive or two (~10 touches). Nothing different than how many teams do it. Lacy is a must-start and Starks is a low low flex option (I HATE the "what the heck flex play" call).

:goodposting:

Lacy is the guy to lean on. There could be a game where Starks outperforms him due to the quickness he is showing or getting in the endzone...like tonight...if Lacy does nto get in there.

Good to see options in GB as you said.

He can handle a heavy workload but arent you supposed to have around 100 yards if you get 30 carries?

Just looking at the stat line for ypc?

He was hit at or behind the line several times to start out.

Still ended up with a nice night showing good vision through the holes...and enough speed to get to the outside and turn nothing into something.

He can handle a heavy workload but arent you supposed to have around 100 yards if you get 30 carries?

Still ended up with a nice night showing good vision through the holes...and enough speed to get to the outside and turn nothing into something.

When he had holes, he hit them. Took a few around the end, too. That O-line is a bunch of 4th rounders (or later) and UDFA. Still, the o-line is performing pretty well. Get back Belaga, and bring in some more talent in the offseason, and the run game will be even better.

Starks came in for what seemed to be an entire series, but Lacy came back in to close out the game (even when it seemed well in hand). Starks was very effective and the definition of a 'change of pace' RB. Seems to work very well for the team. For fantasy, seems to be a good idea too.

No i watched the game, he reminds me of Ricky Williams. But it wasnt the best game ive seen him play and i don't get all the chest pounding after last night. He had 30 carries.

I honestly don't understand, from an NFL team's standpoint, when you are up 3 scores, why you have your workhorse in when you are just runing into the line to run out the clock.

These guys take enough of a beating when the game is competitive. I own Lacy..I have just never understood this. Maybe its b/c I am a Spurs fan in the NBA and Pop always takes a full season, full career approach with his studs.

I honestly don't understand, from an NFL team's standpoint, when you are up 3 scores, why you have your workhorse in when you are just runing into the line to run out the clock.

These guys take enough of a beating when the game is competitive. I own Lacy..I have just never understood this. Maybe its b/c I am a Spurs fan in the NBA and Pop always takes a full season, full career approach with his studs.

Yeah. I thought when they put in Starks in the 4th that was the end of the night for Lacy. He'd already had 20+ carries and GB had a 2 td lead vs an inept team. Made zero sense to run him out there so he could slam into a stacked line.

Edited by Cliff Clavin