What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

North Korea thread (7 Viewers)

Kim is only thirty-six and no more overweight than many Americans.
Eh, how many Americans? Not many I’d think. Seriously, his weight is probably a state secret.

But it is possible it’s a stunt. Or a simple procedure. Or who knows. US IC is probably tracking the flights to see if any Drs are being flown in. He could be eating Ben & Jerrys watching film of executions or he’s on a vent while his sister consolidates power. No way to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reports that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is seriously ill after heart surgery are not true, officials in South Korea have said.

Headlines that Kim Jong-un was "gravely ill", "brain-dead" or "recovering from an operation" were always going to be impossible to verify.

But the presidential office in Seoul has said there have been no particular signs from the North to indicate the 36-year-old is "gravely ill".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52364055

Jean H. Lee

@newsjean

It’s a military anniversary in #NorthKorea on April 25. Not a major milestone year but if #KimJongUn wants to quell rumors about his health, it would be a good occasion to make a public appearance. If he doesn’t, the rumor mill will go into overdrive again. Bracing myself.

12:25 PM · Apr 24, 2020·Twitter Web App

Jean H. Lee

@newsjean

It’s a military anniversary in #NorthKorea on April 25. Not a major milestone year but if #KimJongUn wants to quell rumors about his health, it would be a good occasion to make a public appearance. If he doesn’t, the rumor mill will go into overdrive again. Bracing myself.

12:25 PM · Apr 24, 2020·Twitter Web App
He missed this too.

Kim Jong Un seen to be walking around in Wonsan, says U.S. official

Tim Shorrock is someone I find to be a credible authority on the Koreas.  He says the Dong-A Ilbo is a solid newspaper out of SK and generally reliable in its reporting on NK.  Going to step out on a limb and guess reports of Kim Jong Un’s death are fake news.  
No way to know for sure - but this quote does not contradict rumors from the last day or so.:

“He was seen to be walking on his own between April 15 and 20.

He’s got to be dead. Way too much noise around this.

Regardless what a sad, bizarre and miserable country his family has shaped. 

Given the ability NK has shown to resurrect people supposedly killed by anti aircraft guns and piranhas, I'll take these reports with a heaping of salt (not lysol or other disinfectant)

Would probably be a lot more normal if we hadn’t straightup killed a significant % of their population and economically strangled them for several decades.  
Perhaps they shouldn't have invaded across the 38th paralel. And it would have been wiser if the coalition hadn't crossed the Yalu later

Would probably be a lot more normal if we hadn’t straightup killed a significant % of their population and economically strangled them for several decades.  
Uhm....this is flat out wrong.   If you read anything about NK history you'll see this country was doomed from the start.  They made their own bed - it had nothing to do with the US.  For god's sake, back in the early 90's during their famine we were shipping them food and money!

Also, the Kim's didn't get to 300lbs because THEY were starving.  They were eating good while they starved their own people.  All of that food and money was being intercepted by the Kim's and being used for them and their cronies.

Just saying I think a hypernationalist, reclusive govt is a natural and even predictable response to being blown to smithereens and blockaded from financial markets.  We reap what we sow.  
Can you name a current world problem that, in your view, was not caused either directly or indirectly by the United States?  Unfortunately, I also have to ask that you leave Israel out of this one too.

Can you name a current world problem that, in your view, was not caused either directly or indirectly by the United States?  Unfortunately, I also have to ask that you leave Israel out of this one too.
Not here to condemn or excuse the US.  I am just stating facts.  We bombed the everliving #### out of NK and killed millions of people.  It led to an extremely militarist and reclusive govt.  That should be accounted for in any comment on their country.  It would probably be a much more normal state of affairs had that not happened.

Not here to condemn or excuse the US.  I am just stating facts.  We bombed the everliving #### out of NK and killed millions of people.  It led to an extremely militarist and reclusive govt.  That should be accounted for in any comment on their country.  It would probably be a much more normal state of affairs had that not happened.
If they hadn't invaded South Korea, their chances of getting bombed like it's going out of style go down significantly. They started the war, they made the choice to give a family of unstable despots power, and they are dealing with the consequences of that decision. 

Users who are viewing this thread