What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 4 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

FOUL - I took Lacy long after he timed out.He has to pick with who is left.I'm putting Lacy back on my team and setting my rd 5 back up for Auto PickAP need to make another round 4 move
Punk made his makeup pick in this thread before you picked Lacy on MFL. The draft takes place in this thread. To me, that's the end of it, but I'm just one vote.

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
jeaton6 said:
Wasn't he on a 4 hour clock from when he was moved from SSL3? I don't think his clock should have reset just because he was moved to SSL4.
true but he kind of got screwed here. I don't think some extra time is wrong with how this went down. Especially considering he predrafted his next pick as well. I am sure he assumed he had at least a day before he would be up again.
Was his Lacy pick predrafted? If so, I'd give him Lacy back since he "technically" put the pick in earlier than it was actually picked. I don't see the difference between predrafting or posting it here for someone to put in. Could be wrong though. Usually on MFL if you timeout it just gives you the highest ADP guy. I'd say we just go with that from now on and be done with it. That said, I'm in no rush really just curiosity keeps me checking in.
No, ShadowMaster did not predraft Lacy.

FOUL - I took Lacy long after he timed out.He has to pick with who is left.I'm putting Lacy back on my team and setting my rd 5 back up for Auto PickAP need to make another round 4 move
Punk made his makeup pick in this thread before you picked Lacy on MFL. The draft takes place in this thread. To me, that's the end of it, but I'm just one vote.
No he did not.He timed out and you bumped the draft forward (through several auto picks) to my turn.My pick was in on MFL before his post here.The rules are clear - if you time out you need to pick from what is remaining. In this case, Lacy does not qualify. You should not have rolled the draft back, you should have made AP pick again.We need to move on

My pick was in on MFL before his post here.
This is where we disagree. Atomic Punk took Lacy on this board at 10:48 Eastern. You picked Lacy on MFL at 11:34 Eastern -- I have an email with a time stamp; so do Crippler, By The Sea Wannabe, Bro1ncos, Solorca, and Mr. Irrelevant.

If I'm wrong about the times, mea culpa. But I'm pretty sure that I'm not.

I agree that we need to move on, but I'm uncomfortable shafting Punk. He made his makeup pick while Lacy was still on the board; he should get him.

Note: Stinkin Ref, I see you're on this thread. Care to weigh in? I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think we could use a voice not from this league.

It need to go to Bass for a ruling - nobody's else's opinion counts
Do you at least agree that if Punk took Lacy in this thread before you took him on MFL, Punk gets him?

If so, anyone (besides me) who got the MFL email can solve this very quickly. If not, you're just being stubborn.

ETA: at this point, I hope I'm wrong about the times so we can move this :tfp: forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you at least agree that if Punk took Lacy in this thread before you took him on MFL, Punk gets him? If so, anyone (besides me) who got the MFL email can solve this very quickly. If not, you're just being stubborn.
I do not.The draft is on MFL - I don't think anyone can be expected to come here and review this entire post for stray picks before picking from what is available.We post here for discussion and tradition purposes.

The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Friday unless we start earlier. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above.

The primary location of this draft will be on this site starting with the standard 8 hour clock. Clock begins Friday unless we start earlier. Rules pinned at the top of this forum. As the picks are made, anyone can load them into MFL using the passwords above.
Don't want to seem like I'm piling on here - and let's be honest, it's not how it's playing out in practice for the most part - but yeah, Bass' first post seems pretty cut and dried to me ... if there's a conflict between the thread and MFL, the thread governs.

My pick was in on MFL before his post here.
This is where we disagree. Atomic Punk took Lacy on this board at 10:48 Eastern. You picked Lacy on MFL at 11:34 Eastern -- I have an email with a time stamp; so do Crippler, By The Sea Wannabe, Bro1ncos, Solorca, and Mr. Irrelevant.

If I'm wrong about the times, mea culpa. But I'm pretty sure that I'm not.
this is correct

Do you at least agree that if Punk took Lacy in this thread before you took him on MFL, Punk gets him?

If so, anyone (besides me) who got the MFL email can solve this very quickly. If not, you're just being stubborn.

ETA: at this point, I hope I'm wrong about the times so we can move this :tfp: forward.
I think you are correct. This is the problem with how it is setup.

I don't think anyone can be expected to come here and review this entire post for stray picks before picking from what is available.
I agree with this. I don't think you did anything wrong by picking on MFL without checking here. Sometimes sh.it happens.

So, per the rules and the order of precedence, Atomic gets Lacy back and Shadow now needs to make a pick at 4.14, correct? If so, can someone re-re-update the MFL site to reflect this ... and can we please move forward?

I hope we'll all be able to look back on this and have a good laugh about this when Lacy finishes the season at RB47 or whatever.

So, per the rules and the order of precedence, Atomic gets Lacy back and Shadow now needs to make a pick at 4.14, correct? If so, can someone re-re-update the MFL site to reflect this ... and can we please move forward?

I hope we'll all be able to look back on this and have a good laugh about this when Lacy finishes the season at RB47 or whatever.
Done. Shadow, if you want to wait for Bass to rule, that's your prerogative. Otherwise, you're up!

Who is the SSL4 designated commish? Bamac? We need to pick one then have them change the password so everyone can't go in and out changing picks .

it is my understanding the Mock Draft Forum trumps everything else.......MFL being a part of this is really just gravy.....and helps as a resource to just quickly follow along in the draft and I believe the intent was to help from having to have someone keep the intial posts in the draft thread updated with all the picks...which can be very time consuming and often hard to keep promptly updated....

you could realistically never log onto to MFL and still be able to legally participate in these drafts....the understanding being that someone else could log onto MFL as commish and put your picks in for you there if they were so inclined...the instructions from Bass seemed pretty clear to me at the beginning...he has referred to this forum being the primary spot on many occasions....

if Lacy was picked here first before he was picked on MFL, whoever picked him here gets him.....draft can be rolled back if neccessary....sometimes things happen and these drafts do take some teamwork and communication...it ain't perfect, but should be able to be worked out...

the ability to predraft over there and get alerts is priceless....

it is my understanding the Mock Draft Forum trumps everything else.......MFL being a part of this is really just gravy.....and helps as a resource to just quickly follow along in the draft and I believe the intent was to help from having to have someone keep the intial posts in the draft thread updated with all the picks...which can be very time consuming and often hard to keep promptly updated.... you could realistically never log onto to MFL and still be able to legally participate in these drafts....the understanding being that someone else could log onto MFL as commish and put your picks in for you there if they were so inclined...the instructions from Bass seemed pretty clear to me at the beginning...he has referred to this forum being the primary spot on many occasions.... if Lacy was picked here first before he was picked on MFL, whoever picked him here gets him.....draft can be rolled back if neccessary....sometimes things happen and these drafts do take some teamwork and communication...it ain't perfect, but should be able to be worked out...the ability to predraft over there and get alerts is priceless....
this. Thread trumps the site and is the arbiter of disagreements. bass is too busy to baby sit everything, but read his first post in each thread. This is a Forum draft, organized my MFL.

Peace

Edited by Phenix, Yesterday, 07:58 PM. Posted Yesterday, 10:48 PMEddie LacyShadowMaster, on 08 May 2013 - 13:33, said: Quote FOUL - I took Lacy long after he timed out. He has to pick with who is left. I'm putting Lacy back on my team and setting my rd 5 back up for Auto Pick AP need to make another round 4 moveShadow, you finally posted in forum hours after punk did. Let me quote Bass:1. This is a message board draft. One of the main points is to generate discussion.2. Many here are blocked at work from MFL and wouldn't be able to participate.3. I don't want to deal with the timer mess at MFL.Punk gets Lacy, lets reset and move this donkey on.Peace

all is set. 4.14, Shadow is up. GO Peace
OK, this is getting ridiculous. Shadow's been "up" - or at least suspected that he might have to be - since 1:30 this afternoon, when he went in and (erroneously) rolled back the late 4th round. I've gone to bat for the guy a couple times on this thread, but IMO if he doesn't make a pick by 9:30pm EDT tonight (though I'm really hoping he does) I'm inclined to call it a time-out and move along. Anyone?

Thanks for the clarification everyone. It appears the forum takes precedent. If the time stamps match-up like you guys said (My email updates aren't working) than it's pretty straight forward. Sucks but let's move on.

all is set. 4.14, Shadow is up. GO Peace
OK, this is getting ridiculous. Shadow's been "up" - or at least suspected that he might have to be - since 1:30 this afternoon, when he went in and (erroneously) rolled back the late 4th round. I've gone to bat for the guy a couple times on this thread, but IMO if he doesn't make a pick by 9:30pm EDT tonight (though I'm really hoping he does) I'm inclined to call it a time-out and move along. Anyone?
Sounds good/fair. I'm guessing since it's a hot topic we are probably all checking in frequently enough to know what's going on but we need to make sure Shadow is aware that he's back on the clock. I'll PM him in case nobody else has already.

Completely agree time to move on. 930 then next person up and shadow moves to a 2 hour clock. More drama here than in an auction draft where two people bid thr high bus at the same time...geez.

4.14 Dwayne Bowe WR KCC

4.15 Reggie Wayne WR IND

And we're but one pick away from ending the longest draft round in SSL history.

Bamac is up - I will PM.

5.02 Antonio Brown PIT WR

Now that it's a 40-point game in Miami, I'm sure Shadow will have plenty of time to focus on his next pick. :)

5.03 67. Shadowmaster Jennings, Greg MIN WR List5.04 68. By The Sea Wannabe Johnson, Stevie BUF WR 5.05 69. Teamramrod Pitta, Dennis BAL TE 5.06 70. Crippler Ballard, Vick IND RB 5.07 71. Atomic Punk Flacco, Joe BAL QB 5.08 72. Old Milwaukee Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE 5.09 73. Kardplayer Davis, Vernon SFO TE

5.10 Phenix - Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB 9:36:08 p.m.

5.11 Bro1ncos - Manning, Eli NYG QB 9:36:09 p.m.

PM next please, I cant send for some reason.

5.10 Phenix - Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB 9:36:08 p.m.5.11 Bro1ncos - Manning, Eli NYG QB 9:36:09 p.m. PM next please, I cant send for some reason.
No need to PM Solorca. He gets MFL emails.

ETA: I sent a PM anyway, just this once.

Wow! Sorry the time out caused so much crap ... unfortunately life caught up with me this week. I'll be prepicking my next few rounds so hopefully this won't occur again.

it is my understanding the Mock Draft Forum trumps everything else.......MFL being a part of this is really just gravy.....and helps as a resource to just quickly follow along in the draft and I believe the intent was to help from having to have someone keep the intial posts in the draft thread updated with all the picks...which can be very time consuming and often hard to keep promptly updated.... you could realistically never log onto to MFL and still be able to legally participate in these drafts....the understanding being that someone else could log onto MFL as commish and put your picks in for you there if they were so inclined...the instructions from Bass seemed pretty clear to me at the beginning...he has referred to this forum being the primary spot on many occasions.... if Lacy was picked here first before he was picked on MFL, whoever picked him here gets him.....draft can be rolled back if neccessary....sometimes things happen and these drafts do take some teamwork and communication...it ain't perfect, but should be able to be worked out...the ability to predraft over there and get alerts is priceless....
Ref nailed it. Sorry I didn't chime in earlier...trukey hunting.

Shadow...sorry this came down this way. No perfect way to handle this. MFL was added as a tool to speed up the draft and eliminate the need for someone to keep updating a draft thread.

Ref nailed it. Sorry I didn't chime in earlier...trukey hunting.

Shadow...sorry this came down this way. No perfect way to handle this. MFL was added as a tool to speed up the draft and eliminate the need for someone to keep updating a draft thread.
It's all good

5.12 Solorca Smith, Torrey BAL WR5.13 Bronx Bomber Gordon, Josh CLE WR5.14 Jeaton6 Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

5.15 Waiting On Gamma1210 For The Next Pick

5.15 79. Gamma1210 Bernard, Giovani CIN RB 5.16 80. Blue Richardson, Daryl STL RB 6.01 81. Blue Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 6.02 82. Gamma1210 Shorts, Cecil JAC WR

Will write on Jeaton's profile page again.

3.02 Matt Ryan QB ATL - QB5

1.02 Doug Martin RB TBB - RB2

2.15 Maurice Jones-Drew RB JAX - RB14

4.15 Reggie Wayne WR IND - WR22

5.02 Antonio Brown WR PIT - WR25

To me at least, the BPA at my pick has been obvious each time and all I've done is grab them. I'm sure Martin over Foster will be a debate for some, but I can't help but feel that after so many touches for Foster these past three years followed by flameouts in the playoffs, the Texans will be under pressure to lighten the regular-season load on him.

If I had to second-guess anything at this point, it would be leaving Fitz on the board in favor of MJD. I think Fitz puts up a huge rebound season with Palmer in the fold, but I took a gamble that there would be WR1-level talent still widely available at the 4/5 turn, and it turns out there was, but I could just as easily have been stuck with a combo like Steve Smith / Cecil Shorts instead of who I got.

Trivia question: Who led the entire NFL in targets last year? No, it wasn't Calvin, or Marshall, or Wes Welker. It was Reggie Wayne, the 22nd WR off the board, whom I spent the whole on-again off-again back half of Round 4 hoping and praying would fall into my lap. Meanwhile Antonio has to pick up Wallace's slack in Pittsburgh, and frankly I'm not sure he's up to it, but if he does he's got a higher ceiling than anyone else in his tier.

With 2-pt PPR for TE's, well, I'll have to see if my "wait and hope" strategy pays off there or not. Other than that, though, I'm satisfied with where I sit at this point.

6.03 Steve smith wr Carolina-- Stewart and smith together will be interesting and make week 4 tough but if I get through and deangelo is cut this could work out well. Just couldn't pass up the value here.

6.07 Phenix - Blackmon, Justin JAC WR 1:08:39 p.m.

6.08 Kardplayer - Austin, Miles DAL WR 1:08:40 p.m.

6.09 Old Milwaukee - Hilton, T.Y. IND WR 1:08:40 p.m.

6.10 Atomic Punk Ball, - Montee DEN RB 1:08:40 p.m.

6.11 Crippler - Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 1:08:40 p.m.

I couldnt let Blackmon slide anymore, I just hope to survive long enough to utilize him this year. lol

Users who are viewing this thread