What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joseph Randle cut and suspended for four games (1 Viewer)

Wow...personal attacks...is that all you guys have?
Pot....... Please meet kettle
I don't really think Bazinga! throws out personal attacks, at least not from my recollection. He comes off as an ill considered blowhard who makes outlandish WWEesque statements about the players he likes but I always take that as pure shtick. I mean he likes his guys but I doubt the way he presents it in these threads is anything more than a nod to the Theater of the Absurd. Point being he seems mostly harmless so I wouldn't let him get you riled up.

Wow...personal attacks...is that all you guys have?
Pot....... Please meet kettle
I don't really think Bazinga! throws out personal attacks, at least not from my recollection. He comes off as an ill considered blowhard who makes outlandish WWEesque statements about the players he likes but I always take that as pure shtick. I mean he likes his guys but I doubt the way he presents it in these threads is anything more than a nod to the Theater of the Absurd. Point being he seems mostly harmless so I wouldn't let him get you riled up.
It actually is a pot meet kettle situation. When CM crapped the bed he shelled out a lot of personal attacks, esp at georg.

Personal attacks got him banned from the CM thread. If you ask me how I really felt about him I'd get a 9th warning point. Lets just say I think he belongs in a garage

Last edited by a moderator:
They say he left for "personal" reasons. That could be a lot of things. We already knew he was bit of a loose cannon.

He's not playing this week anyway. Hopefully we get the real story soon.

The NFL has determined Joseph Randle violated the personal conduct policy during a domestic incident in February.
Randle was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana after an incident in which the mother of Randle's son claimed he broke a car window and threatened her with a gun during an altercation. The charges were dropped, but the NFL is still taking action. ESPN's Adam Schefter and Todd Archer report Randle could escape with a fine, but a one- or two-game suspension is more likely. Randle went AWOL from the Cowboys' facility Wednesday after learning he had been demoted. Darren McFadden looks like he will be the starter in Dallas for the foreseeable future. Oct 29 - 10:25 AM

I'd love to drop him. I have great alternatives but in the event he gets his stuff together and has a meaningful finish fantasy wise to the season, gotta hold. Although, I think thats a long shot. Week 11 I'll have to make a decision one way or another. I'm good until then

I've though all off-season he was being over drafted, over hyped, and simply was not a feature back. Traits you like to see in a feature back are consistency and improvement the more they get the ball. Randle is just the opposite. He does not get consistent yardage and its like the law of diminishing returns with him, the more you ask him to do the less you get.

But it's not his fault he was miscast as a feature back and I think he's an ideal COP back. Unless those guys catch a lot of passes they don't usually help your fantasy team much but are valuable parts of an NFL team. Hopefully, for his sake he can pull his stuff together and embrace his new role because I think in the long run it's the role he's best at playing.

He's droppable imo. Even if he gets traded to Houston, I would still not want to start him unless completely desperate.

I'd love to drop him. I have great alternatives but in the event he gets his stuff together and has a meaningful finish fantasy wise to the season, gotta hold. Although, I think thats a long shot. Week 11 I'll have to make a decision one way or another. I'm good until then
I'm very close to talking myself into cutting him. RB has been rough in that league for me, CJ Anderson doing nada, and lost Foster. Down to Gio, McFadden, Jennings, Duke Johnson, CJ, and then Randle's roster spot.

Not sure Randle is even going to be the Cowboy with the most handcuff value, when taking his other issues into account.

He'll be working at McDonald's, stealin preferred stock and chones from jc penny's by next season.....wayta go dip s h i t!

Serious Q: anyone dropping him?
I cut him. Since Randle isn't playing this week, has a potential suspension looming and people are dealing with byes so less bench space, grabbed Darkwa and will give him a week in case he breaks out. If not and no one has grabbed him might try to get him back, will see.

I haven't cut him, but have been very underwhelmed. The one week he went off he was on my bench and then he tricked me in to playing him for the next couple of weeks.

I cut him. Since Randle isn't playing this week, has a potential suspension looming and people are dealing with byes so less bench space, grabbed Darkwa and will give him a week in case he breaks out. If not and no one has grabbed him might try to get him back, will see.
I don't know yet. Darkwa made it through waivers in my league and is just sitting there.

Randle *might* get suspended. If he does I have to cut bait. I am in trouble for byes week 10-11 and can't afford to hold him if he's not playing. He's out this week, and if he's suspended for two games starting next week that'll be four games total that McFadden will have a stranglehold on the starting job. Anyone really think he can reclaim the starting job after sitting four weeks? I dont

I don't know yet. Darkwa made it through waivers in my league and is just sitting there.

Randle *might* get suspended. If he does I have to cut bait. I am in trouble for byes week 10-11 and can't afford to hold him if he's not playing. He's out this week, and if he's suspended for two games starting next week that'll be four games total that McFadden will have a stranglehold on the starting job. Anyone really think he can reclaim the starting job after sitting four weeks? I dont
Right, that was pretty much my thought process. My league changed setups and while the benches aren't tiny, they aren't spacious either. With everyone dealing with byes and Randle definitely not playing this week, if nothing else it gives me a game to see what Darkwa does with a few more touches. Antonio Andrews is another I'd have taken a flyer on over him but he was picked up in waivers.

Think there is probably a good chance I can get him back next week if I decide, even though I'm last in waiver priority. Dropped him at 5:30pm and he's available on FCFS and no one has picked him up, so a good sign so far at least.

This guy had his chance and didn't run with it.....literally....he's a JAG, and he's got plenty of off field issues. The only thing he's got goin for him is there isno much standing in the way for him to get another chance in D......no way DMC holds up if they keep running him like last week....C-mike? Still just potential and hype.....that other guy they brot in?.....jerry has shown he'll go down in flames with his decisions even when the guys are turds....they wanted to prove they didn't need Murray, I sorta think if randle can get his head on somewhat straight, he may be value come FF playoffs.....especially if Romo and Dez r out there.....but who knows?

Also close to dropping him for darkwa.

Giants can so I get the double bonus of adding a giant and cutting a cowboy. I just don't see how it's gonna come together for randle no matter what.

I can see darkwa being a goaline guy (despite Williams prior success) at minimum with ceiling for more

Also close to dropping him for darkwa.

Giants can so I get the double bonus of adding a giant and cutting a cowboy. I just don't see how it's gonna come together for randle no matter what.

I can see darkwa being a goaline guy (despite Williams prior success) at minimum with ceiling for more
I just did this. Don't want to miss out on some good potential for a guy who's stock is moving the wrong way fast.

I'm holding for now. I'd like to pick up Lockett as I need a bye week WR in the next few weeks but I think I can wait on him for now. Randles not taking up valuable space just yet. There's a lot of season left and even though he's unimpressed the Dallas coaches liked him enough to keep him starting. Enough to wait and see for now I think but regardless I feel like this turns into a multiple headed monster

I don't see to much reason to be still holding this guy now.

I think the best time to trade him would have been before the season started or within the first few weeks. Some folks in this thread felt they could get more for him by waiting for some big games before making the move. To me that is a risk not worth taking unless you really believed Randle was going to take the starting job and run away with it. While I certainly thought this was possible.. I never believed Randle would make the most of this opportunity.

I feel like sometimes I might sell some players short but I would rather do that then be caught holding the bag on a player I never really believed in, in the first place.

I don't see to much reason to be still holding this guy now.

I think the best time to trade him would have been before the season started or within the first few weeks. Some folks in this thread felt they could get more for him by waiting for some big games before making the move. To me that is a risk not worth taking unless you really believed Randle was going to take the starting job and run away with it. While I certainly thought this was possible.. I never believed Randle would make the most of this opportunity.

I feel like sometimes I might sell some players short but I would rather do that then be caught holding the bag on a player I never really believed in, in the first place.
Do you think he has zero chance to regain the lead role?

I figured the RB situation in Dallas would be a mess, but that Randle would put up some decent numbers making him flexable. Lucky for me, my RB byes are done after this week and I am sitting either Benjamin or Diggs and the other flexed. I honestly don't need Randles roster spot until week 11. A lot can happen before then. I don't think he will take the role back, but I think it's conceivable that he could get a chance.

Deep down I know he will be waived from my team, and possibly as early as Monday, but for now it doesn't hurt me to hold him. I'd pick up Lockett and he'll be there when I need to grab him.

I wouldn't say he has zero chance but if you look at how Dallas has used him, they kept phasing him out of the game plan, even when he was doing well. They seemed very unhappy about Randle extending the ball while leaping over the goal line. Randle showed he would not listen to instructions and would defy the coaches in the game. They have reason to not be happy about that. They cannot trust him to do what they tell him to do even after they have made sure he fully understands.

Randle has some talent but there are issues that I don't really see Randle overcoming and earning the trust of the coaching staff again this season. It is unfortunite because with Dez and Romo coming back in the weeks ahead the offense will become more balanced and improve the opportunity for the RBs to score.

I only see Randle getting back into the mix if he is the last guy standing.

I wouldn't say he has zero chance but if you look at how Dallas has used him, they kept phasing him out of the game plan, even when he was doing well. They seemed very unhappy about Randle extending the ball while leaping over the goal line. Randle showed he would not listen to instructions and would defy the coaches in the game. They have reason to not be happy about that. They cannot trust him to do what they tell him to do even after they have made sure he fully understands.

Randle has some talent but there are issues that I don't really see Randle overcoming and earning the trust of the coaching staff again this season. It is unfortunite because with Dez and Romo coming back in the weeks ahead the offense will become more balanced and improve the opportunity for the RBs to score.

I only see Randle getting back into the mix if he is the last guy standing.
I agree, especially with this. Unfortunately I think he just might be the last guy standing

Was dropped in my league this week, picked him up. Worth the flier IMO. Id rather have him than the rest of the RBs on my WW - David Johnson, D-Will, Sproles, Sankey etc.

Alright is give. Latest news on the Giants giving Darkwa more carries and the chance to be the guy has lead me to dump Randle and go with Darkwa. Let Randle be someone else's nightmare to deal with. The guy has mental issues and the game is very mental which is why I think he cracked. He's not an every down guy. I was hoping for a flex... Gonna jump ship on this committee

Randle ran away from the team. they can damage control and act like it was no big deal but he's a complete head case. wouldn't be surprised to see Randle get cut outright in next few weeks.

I've got to cut either J. Randle, C. Michael, or D. Johnson this morning to make room for a kicker....

I think I need to send a message to the rest of my team. Bye Bye Randle.

:bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

Copied from @RapSheet: Difficult week for #Cowboys RB Joseph Randle, who is facing suspension & was emotional at the facility. Team concerned about his well-being. Joseph Randle called police & asked them to check on his house, told police he is paranoid. No wrong-doing was found https://t.co/V2lCtA1EPD. When will Randle return to Cowboys? Football is important. Its more important to the team that he has help dealing with his personal issues

Sounds like this guy has some serious mental issues ...I doubt we will see him play again this year

Wow, that is weird.

Can't imagin he's a FA long, unless there is she serious crap going on personally.

Users who are viewing this thread