Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Joseph Randle cut and suspended for four games

Randle's rapport with his coaches is deeply concerning. Seems to fade to the bench in the 2nd half every week. Not even trying to use him. Very concerning.

This might be surprising to some but Dallas is actually no. 5 in most FFP per game by RBs.

If someone, anyone, Randle or Michael, or whoever, can take over for most of the work, that's a big deal.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

This might be surprising to some but Dallas is actually no. 5 in most FFP per game by RBs.

If someone, anyone, Randle or Michael, or whoever, can take over for most of the work, that's a big deal.

In standard scoring Randle is RB 7 right now in total points. In PPR scoring he is RB 10.

On a per game basis he hasn't been as good only having one big week with the other four games only scoring near 10 points.

Dallas has a bye this week so Randle will fall back in total points into the RB 2 area. However given his ADP even if people drafted him in round 3 (which I think was too high to consider him) he has outperformed that draft position. He just hasn't played well enough to establish himself as the guy yet, so people have to wonder if he ever will.

I think the expectations got ahead of the potential. Randle has performed better than I expected. If he had done better than this the job would be locked up and people would feel they got a bargain.

In standard scoring Randle is RB 7 right now in total points. In PPR scoring he is RB 10.

On a per game basis he hasn't been as good only having one big week with the other four games only scoring near 10 points.

Dallas has a bye this week so Randle will fall back in total points into the RB 2 area. However given his ADP even if people drafted him in round 3 (which I think was too high to consider him) he has outperformed that draft position. He just hasn't played well enough to establish himself as the guy yet, so people have to wonder if he ever will.

I think the expectations got ahead of the potential. Randle has performed better than I expected. If he had done better than this the job would be locked up and people would feel they got a bargain.

really? He has one game over 70 yards, none over 90 and is running for a 3.9 ypc. His monster td game has masked an otherwise pedestrian season which is why he's in a battle and may lose his job to Michael. Edited by Banger

He's on pace for 1200 total yards, 13 tds with 33 receptions. I don't know how people can be unhappy with his production so far for fantasy. It's the risk going forward that devalues him, not what he's done so far.

• Like 1

I'll take the under on both. He's got his shot early which is what owners hoped for but he hasn't taken a hold of the situation. I'd be packaging him up but it's probably too late. His ppg has been 10, 6, 28, 8 and 7. He's had one great game, one decent and the rest poor. That's why he's in line to be replaced.

Edited by Banger

really? He has one game over 70 yards, none over 90 and is running for a 3.9 ypc. His monster td game has masked an otherwise pedestrian season which is why he's in a battle and may lose his job to Michael.

Really what? :unsure:

Most of what I said is just a statement of the obvious. But yes people seem disappointed with Randle when I am not sure if it is fair for them to be.

I have always viewed Randle as a stash in dynasty that you would trade at some point. I never really considered him a long term answer at the RB position that the Cowboys seemed to kind of punt on addressing in the offseason. The situation hasn't been as good as I think people hoped in part due to injuries to Romo and Dez giving less for opposing defenses to worry about.

I was hoping he'd take hold of the starting job but he hasn't done much to stick out other than one good half of football against Atlanta. It hasn't helped that Dallas has no passing game without Romo and Dez to keep defenses honest. If Michael is able to produce I don't think Dallas will think twice about reducing Randle's role.

I'll take the under on both. He's got his shot early which is what owners hoped for but he hasn't taken a hold of the situation. I'd be packaging him up but it's probably too late. His ppg has been 10, 6, 28, 8 and 7. He's had one great game, one decent and the rest poor. That's why he's in line to be replaced.

Again usage. What is the complaint of people who have seen him play? He's not a superstar? He's not Murray leading the NFL, while saddled with Weeden and Street out wide? He's been perfect from the goal line, and he has missed how much when asked on 3rd and short?

The numbers after the first week are largely almost all in 3 quarters of play and with no 3rd down work. I get Dunbar, fast, quick, effective RB, but the use of McFadden has been ludicrous. Randle can do more than Mac.

The starting job would be totally his if Michael wasn't around. It's the promise of Michael's talent that is the main driver of complaints about Randle. When I say that, remember, Weeden, Street out wide, leaving Williams draped, is what he's dealing with.

eta - btw yes it's too late to deal him.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Randle owners: You are already late to sell him

DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!

It only gets worse.

This is your final warning.

The horse has left the barn... in fact he's left the farm, gone down the pass and is wandering in the valley.

Randle has gotten one carry (1) on 3rd down, of any kind, all year long. It was 3rd & 1, no gain. That was actually slightly better than Michael's first attempt. He has 14 1st down carries on 1st or 2nd down.

He has had 4 carries from inside the opponents' 5 yard line, he has converted on 3 of them.

Anyone been able to trade him or trade for him? Trying to gauge value.

I traded him away for Hopkins after week 2.

Has anyone checked on the former Hopkins owner lately? Might want to keep him away from sharp objects and things that go bang..

Anyone been able to trade him or trade for him? Trying to gauge value.

I traded him away for Hopkins after week 2.

Has anyone checked on the former Hopkins owner lately? Might want to keep him away from sharp objects and things that go bang..

Randle opened up that week 3 with 3 touchdowns. I was close to sharp objects for a split second. Hopkins had 101 yards and a TD that day as well, so I managed to survive. It's definitely been a nice trade and way more fun not to have to watch the Dallas run game or suffer through the C Mike news.

Wow...personal attacks...is that all you guys have?

Pot....... Please meet kettle

I don't really think Bazinga! throws out personal attacks, at least not from my recollection. He comes off as an ill considered blowhard who makes outlandish WWEesque statements about the players he likes but I always take that as pure shtick. I mean he likes his guys but I doubt the way he presents it in these threads is anything more than a nod to the Theater of the Absurd. Point being he seems mostly harmless so I wouldn't let him get you riled up.

Wow...personal attacks...is that all you guys have?

Pot....... Please meet kettle

I don't really think Bazinga! throws out personal attacks, at least not from my recollection. He comes off as an ill considered blowhard who makes outlandish WWEesque statements about the players he likes but I always take that as pure shtick. I mean he likes his guys but I doubt the way he presents it in these threads is anything more than a nod to the Theater of the Absurd. Point being he seems mostly harmless so I wouldn't let him get you riled up.
It actually is a pot meet kettle situation.

When CM crapped the bed he shelled out a lot of personal attacks, esp at georg.

Personal attacks got him banned from the CM thread. If you ask me how I really felt about him I'd get a 9th warning point. Lets just say I think he belongs in a garage

Edited by Dr. Brew

They say he left for "personal" reasons. That could be a lot of things. We already knew he was bit of a loose cannon.

He's not playing this week anyway. Hopefully we get the real story soon.

The NFL has determined Joseph Randle violated the personal conduct policy during a domestic incident in February.

Randle was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana after an incident in which the mother of Randle's son claimed he broke a car window and threatened her with a gun during an altercation. The charges were dropped, but the NFL is still taking action. ESPN's Adam Schefter and Todd Archer report Randle could escape with a fine, but a one- or two-game suspension is more likely. Randle went AWOL from the Cowboys' facility Wednesday after learning he had been demoted. Darren McFadden looks like he will be the starter in Dallas for the foreseeable future. Oct 29 - 10:25 AM

Edited by thatguythere

I'd love to drop him. I have great alternatives but in the event he gets his stuff together and has a meaningful finish fantasy wise to the season, gotta hold. Although, I think thats a long shot. Week 11 I'll have to make a decision one way or another. I'm good until then

Randle went AWOL from the Cowboys' facility Wednesday after learning he had been demoted

I wonder if Jerry Jones will hold a presser to announce Randle as team captain and gush over his leadership qualities.

I've though all off-season he was being over drafted, over hyped, and simply was not a feature back. Traits you like to see in a feature back are consistency and improvement the more they get the ball. Randle is just the opposite. He does not get consistent yardage and its like the law of diminishing returns with him, the more you ask him to do the less you get.

But it's not his fault he was miscast as a feature back and I think he's an ideal COP back. Unless those guys catch a lot of passes they don't usually help your fantasy team much but are valuable parts of an NFL team. Hopefully, for his sake he can pull his stuff together and embrace his new role because I think in the long run it's the role he's best at playing.

He's droppable imo. Even if he gets traded to Houston, I would still not want to start him unless completely desperate.

Randle went AWOL from the Cowboys' facility Wednesday after learning he had been demoted

I wonder if Jerry Jones will hold a presser to announce Randle as team captain and gush over his leadership qualities.

That's a Marc Trestman stunt

I'd love to drop him. I have great alternatives but in the event he gets his stuff together and has a meaningful finish fantasy wise to the season, gotta hold. Although, I think thats a long shot. Week 11 I'll have to make a decision one way or another. I'm good until then

I'm very close to talking myself into cutting him. RB has been rough in that league for me, CJ Anderson doing nada, and lost Foster. Down to Gio, McFadden, Jennings, Duke Johnson, CJ, and then Randle's roster spot.

Not sure Randle is even going to be the Cowboy with the most handcuff value, when taking his other issues into account.

Serious Q: anyone dropping him?

I cut him. Since Randle isn't playing this week, has a potential suspension looming and people are dealing with byes so less bench space, grabbed Darkwa and will give him a week in case he breaks out. If not and no one has grabbed him might try to get him back, will see.

• Like 1

I cut him. Since Randle isn't playing this week, has a potential suspension looming and people are dealing with byes so less bench space, grabbed Darkwa and will give him a week in case he breaks out. If not and no one has grabbed him might try to get him back, will see.

I don't know yet. Darkwa made it through waivers in my league and is just sitting there.

Randle *might* get suspended. If he does I have to cut bait. I am in trouble for byes week 10-11 and can't afford to hold him if he's not playing. He's out this week, and if he's suspended for two games starting next week that'll be four games total that McFadden will have a stranglehold on the starting job. Anyone really think he can reclaim the starting job after sitting four weeks? I dont

I don't know yet. Darkwa made it through waivers in my league and is just sitting there.

Randle *might* get suspended. If he does I have to cut bait. I am in trouble for byes week 10-11 and can't afford to hold him if he's not playing. He's out this week, and if he's suspended for two games starting next week that'll be four games total that McFadden will have a stranglehold on the starting job. Anyone really think he can reclaim the starting job after sitting four weeks? I dont

Right, that was pretty much my thought process. My league changed setups and while the benches aren't tiny, they aren't spacious either. With everyone dealing with byes and Randle definitely not playing this week, if nothing else it gives me a game to see what Darkwa does with a few more touches. Antonio Andrews is another I'd have taken a flyer on over him but he was picked up in waivers.

Think there is probably a good chance I can get him back next week if I decide, even though I'm last in waiver priority. Dropped him at 5:30pm and he's available on FCFS and no one has picked him up, so a good sign so far at least.

This guy had his chance and didn't run with it.....literally....he's a JAG, and he's got plenty of off field issues. The only thing he's got goin for him is there isno much standing in the way for him to get another chance in D......no way DMC holds up if they keep running him like last week....C-mike? Still just potential and hype.....that other guy they brot in?.....jerry has shown he'll go down in flames with his decisions even when the guys are turds....they wanted to prove they didn't need Murray, I sorta think if randle can get his head on somewhat straight, he may be value come FF playoffs.....especially if Romo and Dez r out there.....but who knows?