What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (3 Viewers)

I made reference to not feeling like I will be getting any real value at WR at the 1-2 turn or the 3-4 turn unless my draft comes back to reality a little more then these middle drafts and one of the top WR fall to me.....

but let's say I do go McCoy/SJax at 1-2....as far as they have been falling in the other drafts....THAT wouldn't seem like great value either......kinda stuck in no mans land here on the turn almost....because no way either of them make it back to 3.12 and all the stud WR's are gone as well.....I guess I can try to move around a little, but it's also a little tough trying to balance out or semi balance out a trade with a pick that is on the turn......

Last edited by a moderator:
I made reference to not feeling like I will be getting any real value at WR at the 1-2 turn or the 3-4 turn unless my draft comes back to reality a little more then these middle drafts and one of the top WR fall to me.....

but let's say I do go McCoy/SJax at 1-2....as far as they have been falling in the other drafts....THAT wouldn't seem like great value either......kinda stuck in no mans land here on the turn almost....because no way either of them make it back to 3.12 and all the stud WR's are gone as well.....I guess I can try to move around a little, but it's also a little tough trying to balance out or semi balance out a trade with a pick that is on the turn......
Well, I'm in the same boat at the .11 and .02 turn. I've been reaching out trying to move around some, but not much luck so far.

well, I obviously didn't pay close enough attention as Amendola was long gone by my 3rd round pick.

Decided to pass on Nelson and his surgically repaired knee or whatever, and took Hakeem Nicks who will hopefully survive the season.

RB D.Martin

RB L.McCoy

WR H.Nicks

Now going with:

M Ryan

A Peterson

M Lynch

R Wayne

M Austin

L Moore

V Davis

M Prater

Drafts are slow today.

Was planning on going WR at 6.01E, but those drafts continue to be WR heavy and the value sucks butt. McFadden is sticking out like a sore thumb at that price though. If someone in a late draft wants to jump in for RB or QB value, I'd love to jump into a late draft a hope for a Desean Jackson or Someone similar to fall.

If I can't work something out, hopefully Tavon Austin slips to me....at least there's some PPR upside there.

8.08A QB Eli Manning, NYG
10.06B QB Jay Cutler, CHI

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB
5.01B RB DeMarco Murray, DAL
8.11B RB Rashard Mendenhall, ARI
13.03B RB Mark Ingram, NO

2.12B WR Vincent Jackson, TB
3.01B WR Victor Cruz, NYG
8.02C WR Emmanuel Sanders, PIT
11.10A WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, IND

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR
9.10A TE Brandon Pettigrew, DET

12.10B DST San Francisco

6.01E, 9.09D, 14.10B, 15.03B, 18.04E

Looks like it will be a while before I get to pick again. Liking my squad, but don't love it:

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR

12.10B DST San Francisco

14.10B PK Stephen Gostkowski, NE

5.09H, 10.04H, 16.04H, 18.04E

5.09H will be a WR...Desean Jackson will be the target most likely, but there's a couple others in that range I'd be OK with.

No clue on the others...at least one will be another WR. Had a thought to add Alex Smith, but his value doesn't fit a 10 or 16. The 18th will likely go to a kicker or dst.

Looks like it will be a while before I get to pick again. Liking my squad, but don't love it:

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR

12.10B DST San Francisco

5.09H will be a WR...Desean Jackson will be the target most likely, but there's a couple others in that range I'd be OK with.

No clue on the others...at least one will be another WR. Had a thought to add Alex Smith, but his value doesn't fit a 10 or 16. The 18th will likely go to a kicker or dst.
the things I really took away from this league the last few years.....

the core of your team is your nuts and bolts.....I realize tha's the case in most, but there is always some stuff on the waiver wire and the flavor of the week that you can pick up for "depth".....think I have always ended up cycling through my WR 4-6 or whatever....TE2,'s etc....

with only HAVING to start 1 RB (although I like to do 2 if I can get guys that catch).....WR is a key position with double that many (2) required....but even more so, I think you have to be in the top tier at QB and TE....I think this is where you can keep yourself in the mix for most weekly matchups....every team is going to have a top 12 QB.....being in th eupper half of that can be an advantage.....and even more so at TE maybe this year.....hard to believe guys like Brady are available as late as they are....but they are.....I will probably only take one QB and one TE, but it may be earlier then I should, just to make sure I get a stud....and then as far as backup QB goes, I'll probably punt it and take a chance on hitting on a late WR flyer like Streater or somebody that "could" be a starter.....1 QB/TE/PK/DST and a bunch of flyers...a guy like Rueben Randle is worth more then a QB2...etc...a guy like Cutler will always be on the wiaver wire, so there is no need to draft him....I'm also gonna snag a stud DST and hopefully a kicker.....if it's between a guy like LaFell (who I'll probably never play) and say SF SEA or DEN DST, I'm probbaly going DST...

I watched these draft unfold and have pretty much decided I am going WR/WR at the turn.....and Welker will probably be one of them even though he is lasting into the 3rd.....he just won't be there at my third.....it's gonna look crazy early and I'll probably get laughed at, but it is hard manueving around from the turn slots.....

Pretty happy with these WRs after starting off RB/RB.

1.07 RB Doug Martin

2.06 RB LeSean McCoy

3.07 WR Hakeem Nicks

4.06 WR Steve Smith

5.07 WR Cecil Shorts

A quick note to all. Waivers don't usually run until AFTER week 1, so make sure you draft a kicker and defense

Pretty happy with these WRs after starting off RB/RB.

1.07 RB Doug Martin

2.06 RB LeSean McCoy

3.07 WR Hakeem Nicks

4.06 WR Steve Smith

5.07 WR Cecil Shorts
That worked out pretty well...I thought the trend may correct a little bit, but not that much...you got best of both worlds.

I'm done...will post my team at a later date, but am somewhat satisfied. Thought I would be stronger in RBs, but after McCoy, I am kind of rolling the dice with Wilson, Ball, and Rodgers...each could probably fill in as a spot start, but thought I would have better options. Unless one seizes a starting job, I am likely rolling with 1 RB...

WR - I do have the WR core to go with 1 RB (Julio Jones, Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson and TY Hilton, with Kendall Wright and M. Sanu as backups), but would have liked to go with the best performing three and not have to worry about byes.

TE - Witten is an obvious start each week, and I did well to back him up with Keller...I am not a huge Tanehill fan, and think he will be checking down a lot this year, so Keller could also end up being a starter.

Pleasant Surprises:

QB - waited until the 10th to draft a QB and ended up with Roth and Vick (13th)...couldn't be happier. If I were to do it again, I may have picked Cutler instead of Roth, but I was a little nervous waiting that long and just wanted someone I knew would be out there, and get his 1-2 TDs/game.

DEF - Waited until the end of the 15th and walked away with both Pitt and Balt back-to-back...I specifically remember I got burned a couple of times last year because I was scouring the WW each week for a DEF fill-in. In fact, I "think" I lost a few games one week because my DEF went into the negative...I don't think I am going to have to worry about that this year.

Overall, I think I am one starter short, but if one of Wilson, Ball, Keller, etc. and the others do what they are supposed to, I should be in pretty good shape.

Might need a replacement.

Tanner registered and said hi in the FFL forums, but doesn't look to have visited any of the draft sites. He had the top pick in draft G or H and still hasn't even logged in there.

Might need a replacement.

Tanner registered and said hi in the FFL forums, but doesn't look to have visited any of the draft sites. He had the top pick in draft G or H and still hasn't even logged in there.
Someone can't draft two teams, can they?

I.e. Since I am done with my draft, I would volunteer if we needed it and find another manager once I am done or to take over...

Bass has already said he'd do it if need be. Gonna go ahead and make the first pick now though....Megatron of course.

replaced Tanner with BassNBrew

couldn't think of a good reason why an owner would have never checked into the sites. the drafts started 2 weeks ago

If anyone has a dd file setup and ready to roll please e-mail it to me at economy101(at)yahoo

Any of you WR needy teams looking to make a trade for a 2.12 pick let me know.

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR

12.10B DST San Francisco

the things I really took away from this league the last few years.....

the core of your team is your nuts and bolts.....I realize tha's the case in most, but there is always some stuff on the waiver wire and the flavor of the week that you can pick up for "depth".....think I have always ended up cycling through my WR 4-6 or whatever....TE2,'s etc....

with only HAVING to start 1 RB (although I like to do 2 if I can get guys that catch).....WR is a key position with double that many (2) required....but even more so, I think you have to be in the top tier at QB and TE....I think this is where you can keep yourself in the mix for most weekly matchups....every team is going to have a top 12 QB.....being in th eupper half of that can be an advantage.....and even more so at TE maybe this year.....hard to believe guys like Brady are available as late as they are....but they are.....I will probably only take one QB and one TE, but it may be earlier then I should, just to make sure I get a stud....and then as far as backup QB goes, I'll probably punt it and take a chance on hitting on a late WR flyer like Streater or somebody that "could" be a starter.....1 QB/TE/PK/DST and a bunch of flyers...a guy like Rueben Randle is worth more then a QB2...etc...a guy like Cutler will always be on the wiaver wire, so there is no need to draft him....I'm also gonna snag a stud DST and hopefully a kicker.....if it's between a guy like LaFell (who I'll probably never play) and say SF SEA or DEN DST, I'm probbaly going DST...

I watched these draft unfold and have pretty much decided I am going WR/WR at the turn.....and Welker will probably be one of them even though he is lasting into the 3rd.....he just won't be there at my third.....it's gonna look crazy early and I'll probably get laughed at, but it is hard manueving around from the turn slots.....
If you're going to take Welker there, let's talk trade when your turn picks come up.

If anyone has a dd file setup and ready to roll please e-mail it to me at economy101(at)yahoo

Does Draft Dominator work in a league like this? I am not too familiar with it, but I thought the technology was predicated on what your opponent needs and may draft; in IBL with the sideways trades from league to league, I would think that would render the DD useless.

Does Draft Dominator work in a league like this? I am not too familiar with it, but I thought the technology was predicated on what your opponent needs and may draft; in IBL with the sideways trades from league to league, I would think that would render the DD useless.
I'm just trying to get something that has the relative values of the players based on this scoring system and lineup requirement.

Liking this team. Just need to find a QB and TE, which shouldn't be that hard to do.

1.07 RB Doug Martin

2.06 RB LeSean McCoy

6.06 RB David Wilson

3.07 WR Hakeem Nicks

4.06 WR Steve Smith

5.07 WR Cecil Shorts

7.07 WR Mike Williams

Team Holloway

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

6.5C(65) Miles Austin WR32

6.6A (66) David Wilson RB24

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

9..8C (104) Sidney Rice

10 Chris Givens

11 Cordarelle Patterson

12 Dustin Keller

13 Kennan Allen

14 Ryan Tannehill

15 Rams DST

16 Kenny Stills

17 Andre Roberts

18 Josh Brown

Liking this team. Just need to find a QB and TE, which shouldn't be that hard to do.

1.07 RB Doug Martin

2.06 RB LeSean McCoy

6.06 RB David Wilson

3.07 WR Hakeem Nicks

4.06 WR Steve Smith

5.07 WR Cecil Shorts

7.07 WR Mike Williams
Things fell perfect (not that you didn't have a lot to do with the draft)...you didn't get sucked into the WR run and then got great value on the WRs in rounds 3-5 (and 7)!

Team Holloway

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

6.5C(65) Miles Austin WR32

6.6A (66) David Wilson RB24

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

9..8C (104) Sidney Rice

10 Chris Givens

11 Cordarelle Patterson

12 Dustin Keller

13 Kennan Allen

14 Ryan Tannehill

15 Rams DST

16 Kenny Stills

17 Andre Roberts

18 Josh Brown
Interesting approach...Guessing you will go 1-3-2 for your lineup (RB, WR, TE).

So you would start:

QB - Rodgers

RB - Forte

WR - Austin

WR - Rice

WR - Givens/Patterson

TE - Graham

TE - Gronk

The way I see it, you are starting a QB1 (the best one BTW), a RB1, two TE1s (the best two) a WR3 and two WR4s...so the question is, is the gap from the two WR4 to a WR3 and WR2 position and the WR3 to a WR1 position bigger than the gap between the best QB1 (where you may have had a low end QB1 or QB2 and the best two TEs?

You will likely move some of that RB depth for WR depth, and if that is the case, you really could come out with a nice team.

DD is great for tracking and getting a general feel of what's available/relative values. I use it for these drafts, but don't bother to try to keep teams straight. I just leave it as teams 1 through 12 and update who's drafted. You can't use it for recommendations, but it's much easier to see what's left on DD than on the MFL site, especially when ADP drafting is turned off.

OldMilwaukee said:

DD is great for tracking and getting a general feel of what's available/relative values. I use it for these drafts, but don't bother to try to keep teams straight. I just leave it as teams 1 through 12 and update who's drafted. You can't use it for recommendations, but it's much easier to see what's left on DD than on the MFL site, especially when ADP drafting is turned off.
DD import from MFL will not work with 96 teams, but as Rene said I can be used to keep track.
I actually have 8 of these going.....1 for each draft. That way I can tell who's left in any given draft, not just my home draft. Makes it easier to evaluate potential trades also, but it's a bit of work.

I've only been monitoring the 5 drafts that I had picks in, Once I make my pick then I quit following that draft.

I have been using the other IBL leagues for ADP, looking across each league. Surprising rounds 3-8 seem to be very consistent across each of the leagues.

8.06 QB Tony Romo

1.07 RB Doug Martin

2.06 RB LeSean McCoy

6.06 RB David Wilson

3.07 WR Hakeem Nicks

4.06 WR Steve Smith

5.07 WR Cecil Shorts

7.07 WR Mike Williams
Love getting Romo in the 8th round.

8.06 QB Tony Romo

1.07 RB Doug Martin

2.06 RB LeSean McCoy

6.06 RB David Wilson

3.07 WR Hakeem Nicks

4.06 WR Steve Smith

5.07 WR Cecil Shorts

7.07 WR Mike Williams
Love getting Romo in the 8th round.
Yeah, if I had known QBs like Romo would have lasted THAT late, I would have held off awhile on Ryan. Solid, but much better value later and could have gotten a good #2 WR then. :/

OldMilwaukee said:

DD import from MFL will not work with 96 teams, but as Rene said I can be used to keep track.
I actually have 8 of these going.....1 for each draft. That way I can tell who's left in any given draft, not just my home draft. Makes it easier to evaluate potential trades also, but it's a bit of work.
Holy Cow! I do have to say, if you put the time in, I bet it makes seeing the whole landscape a lot easier. Like last year, I missed out on a lateral trade when the guy I really wanted was available in a corresponding draft and I just did not know it.

Calvin

SJax

Gronk

Was torn between Bowe/Colston/Amendola for my 3.1 pick. Pulled up Gronk's player page and was shocked and how often he scores (haven't owned him before). I don't care if he's out 6 weeks, I'll take that production for the playoffs when it really counts for team points. I can hold serve with Gates/Lewis/Jordan late after I have my starters.

If Turner was good for 11 TDs last year, SJax will score 14 this year. Atlanta's defense will give up points forcing them to score. With White/Jones/Gonzo, Jackson will see running lanes like he's never seen before. Rodgers is a cheap backup.

Calvin

SJax

Gronk

Was torn between Bowe/Colston/Amendola for my 3.1 pick. Pulled up Gronk's player page and was shocked and how often he scores (haven't owned him before). I don't care if he's out 6 weeks, I'll take that production for the playoffs when it really counts for team points. I can hold serve with Gates/Lewis/Jordan late after I have my starters.

If Turner was good for 11 TDs last year, SJax will score 14 this year. Atlanta's defense will give up points forcing them to score. With White/Jones/Gonzo, Jackson will see running lanes like he's never seen before. Rodgers is a cheap backup.
It was a gutsy call, but if you can tread water at .500 or so until he returns, you will be in great shape going down the stretch. I tend to be risk adverse in FF, and while it serves me well in 12 team leagues, you have to take risks (or break the norm) in order to win something like this.

I am in need of some opinions with my next pick (3.09),

Current Roster

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

My next pick isn't until 6.04. Then have 7.09, 8.04, 9.09, 13.09, 18.04. All remaining picks are within the H draft.

Trying to decide between Taking ARodgers right about where he has been getting drafted in these leagues or Witten who would be a slight reach by maybe 3 picks or so.

If don't take Rodgers then I am looking at the likes of Russell Wilson, Romo or Luck at 6.04. If I take Rodgers then I am looking at taking Olsen, Gates, Cook in the 7th.

Looking at taking BPA for remainder of picks with a strong emphasis on WR.

Current Roster

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

My next pick isn't until 6.04. Then have 7.09, 8.04, 9.09, 13.09, 18.04. All remaining picks are within the H draft.

Trying to decide between Taking ARodgers right about where he has been getting drafted in these leagues or Witten who would be a slight reach by maybe 3 picks or so.

If don't take Rodgers then I am looking at the likes of Russell Wilson, Romo or Luck at 6.04. If I take Rodgers then I am looking at taking Olsen, Gates, Cook in the 7th.

I suspect you'll have a choice for several of Stafford/Newton/Brady/Wilson/CKap. Based on Dodd's projections, the drop off is bigger at TE than QB.

Duckboy - If you're around and the board in H is looking enticing, let's discussing swapping some picks between the two leagues.

Duckboy - If you're around and the board in H is looking enticing, let's discussing swapping some picks between the two leagues.
Be happy to do that when we get closer. Still some decent RB value in G. I think I'd be looking at Gronk if he gets back to me in the 4th, but otrherwise I'm likely looking WR so deepending on what each draft has, I'm happy to switch out if you see something you like.

Be happy to do that when we get closer. Still some decent RB value in G. I think I'd be looking at Gronk if he gets back to me in the 4th, but otrherwise I'm likely looking WR so deepending on what each draft has, I'm happy to switch out if you see something you like.
I won't be around tomorrow until the evening. Not sure when the drafts will get back to us. Based on ADP I so be good to go for my next two picks.

Seems like at some point in time once the bulk of our starters are in place, it would make sense to trade exactly half our picks in each draft so we have both boards to work from.

Let's keep the communication lines open as our picks approach.

bro1ncos said:

Current Roster

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

in ppr the upgrade to witten would be nice.....then like wilson or luck later

if you go rodgers...i like cook later...I am targeting him as my TE if I don't get VDavis....reports on Cook's usage in offense have been glowing to downright bump Finley level....

It would be helpful for any of you guys finished or near finishing up who feel like they would like to improve their lineup balance and might be heavy at a position to post your team and where you took those players.

Are we missing the boat?

Five pages of INTRABOARD trades and FBG's have only had one.

All the other boards are in double digits when it come to trading between themselves.

To much bother? No secure place for discussion?

Thoughts?

Are we missing the boat?

All the other boards are in double digits when it come to trading between themselves.

Thoughts?
Yep, I do think we missed the boat. BnB had a cool suggestion above to whoever is in G/H with him to basically split their remaining picks and have a presence in both drafts...can someone remember to suggest that next year (I love the idea BnB).

I have been pretty busy with work, dying pet and a move (with three kids 11 and under), so I played it pretty straight and just did a couple of intrasquad trades.

If anyone needs anything (wants to swap players or picks for my players, please let me know:

QB - Rothlisberger

QB - Vick

RB - McCoy

RB - Wilson

RB - M Ball

RB - Rodgers

RB - Randle

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Welker

WR - D. Jackson

WR - Hilton

WR - Wright

WR - Sanu

TE - Keller

TE - Witten

Def - Pitt

Def - Balt

K - Bullock

WR -

Just did a simple trade and netted a promising WR for a 13.02 pick. Cordarelle Patterson. So now my team is:

QB M Ryan

QB C Palmer

RB A Peterson

RB M Lynch

RB A Bradshaw

RB V Ballard

WR R Wayne

WR M Austin

WR L Moore

WR B Hartline

WR C Patterson

WR S Moss

TE V Davis

TE J Gresham

D/ST RAVENS

K M Prater

Still have 17.02 and 18.11 picks

just finished 4th pick

3.12 Chris Johnson RB TEN

4.01 Reggie Bush RB DET

1.12 Larry Fitzgerald WR ARZ

2.01 Wes Welker WR DEN

ppr think I am going to be okay with this start.....

would have sniffed Jordy had he fallen to me and sniffed James Jones, but maybe he makes it to the 5th...probably not....also looked at Sproles instead of Johnson....but thought Johnson will get some catches but also a bunch of carries...Bush was strictly a PPR pick....he should catch a ton and still seems like primary carrier even though I know ML and Bell will steal a few....

was really hard to pass on Manning here as I think he will be huge...would love to somehow snag him.....but with some of the other top guys lasting to the 5-6 turn I just couldn't do it in this 4 PPPTD league....was also hard to pass on Witten and Davis who won't make it back but I am targeting Cook at 7-8 turn...hope he makes it....

looking to add QB at 5-6 turn and then BPA...

Are we missing the boat?

Thoughts?
Yep, I do think we missed the boat. BnB had a cool suggestion above to whoever is in G/H with him to basically split their remaining picks and have a presence in both drafts...can someone remember to suggest that next year (I love the idea BnB).

I have been pretty busy with work, dying pet and a move (with three kids 11 and under), so I played it pretty straight and just did a couple of intrasquad trades.

If anyone needs anything (wants to swap players or picks for my players, please let me know:

QB - Rothlisberger

QB - Vick

RB - McCoy

RB - Wilson

RB - M Ball

RB - Rodgers

RB - Randle

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Welker

WR - D. Jackson

WR - Hilton

WR - Wright

WR - Sanu

TE - Keller

TE - Witten

Def - Pitt

Def - Balt

K - Bullock

WR -
Not sure how much you like DJax, but if you see a WR you like on the board better at 4.12H, let me know and we can trade.

Users who are viewing this thread