What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (4 Viewers)

Surprised at the number of wide receivers going before what I consider top level running backs thus far. I know that you can roll with only one running back, so maybe it is me overvaluing them.

definitely like McCoy there, especially if you can trade up cheaply. Most original offers I am receiving are showing to be equal on the pick evaluator, but have not accepted any. Would have scored another advance by dropping, if Thomas has fallen one more pick.

I drafted Matt Forte at 2.5 (17) was hoping for McCoy (went 15) or Richardson (went 14)

I love McCoy this year and part of the reason I wanted a late draft slot was because I am targeting him this year with his relatively low ADP.....I really think RB/RB is the way to go this year even in PPR....in the mocks I have done there is still a ton of value at WR in the middle rounds and you can get a guy like Luck pretty late....have the 12 spot in my draft and really thinking about going McCoy/Steven Jackson...even though we "technically" only have to start 1 RB....I'm also looking to grab Vernon Davis a little earlier then I probably should...

Approaching my third pick 33rd overall in C.

Looking at other leagues Reggie bush & Aaron Rodgers may be there. I would be willing to trade out with someone interested in these two (if there) for equal value or modest gain.

Five till me and expect Morris, Colston, and Wayne to be three if the five.

Let me know. It is slow going so probably won't be up till mid-afternoon

Approaching my third pick 32nd overall in C.

Looking at other leagues Reggie bush & Aaron Rodgers may be there. I would be willing to trade out with someone interested in these two (if there) for equal value or modest gain.

Five till me and expect Morris, Colston, and Wayne to be three if the five.

Let me know. It is slow going so probably won't be up till mid-afternoon
OTC - bush & Rodgers there as is Gronkowski - will sift offers but leaning to Gronkowski at 32

Team Holloway thus far......

1.8 Traded for 1.9E and upgrade to mid 6th

2.5 (17) Matt Forte

3.8 (32) Rob Gronkowski

4.4 (41) -

no quarterbacks taken thus far - RBs 12 -- WRs 17 -- TEs 3

Received my first offer. Simple trade that I don't really see a downside to, but since I am a rookie I wanted to run it by everyone.

I give:

4.04H and 18.04H

I get:

4.04E and 17.12A

If I accept, can someone walk me through posting the trade. I know I need to go to each draft (A, E, and H) to do the trade.

Received my first offer. Simple trade that I don't really see a downside to, but since I am a rookie I wanted to run it by everyone.

I give:

4.04H and 18.04H

I get:

4.04E and 17.12A

If I accept, can someone walk me through posting the trade. I know I need to go to each draft (A, E, and H) to do the trade.
you are only getting a small bump like moving up 5 spots in a round where you will probably be taking a PK or DST so make sure you think you will be able to get what you want in draft E at 4.04....if what you want is there in H, you may not want to gamble that it will be there in E for such a small bump...

I give:

4.04H and 18.04H

I get:

4.04E and 17.12A

you are only getting a small bump like moving up 5 spots in a round where you will probably be taking a PK or DST so make sure you think you will be able to get what you want in draft E at 4.04....if what you want is there in H, you may not want to gamble that it will be there in E for such a small bump...
Already accepted so can't change anything now.

Can you explain this a little more to me?

Since Draft E doesn't start for another 3 days and draft H doesn't start for another 11 days, am I just guessing who I think will be available? Tough to speculate that without seeing how the specific draft(s) are going IMO.

I understand that it is just a small bump, but swapping the 4.04's to me means there is an equal chance that a given player will be there. I am not targeting any specific player at 4.04, I just typically adjust to how the draft goes and take the BPA for my team at that specific time.

Had put out there my 1.02E, but only had interest from one person and it never panned out. Was looking for a 2nd and 3rd, but not much interest, as it requires someone to trade up a good deal since I'd be willing to

trade entirely out of the 1st round to do that.

bronc...yeah you would be totally speculating how the draft might go in the one that hasn't started yet.....while you would think they pretty much go the same, you never know with people trading in and out of some of the ones that haven't started yet.....basically let's just say with what you already have (I have no idea) that maybe you wanted to add QB (say Brees) and he is still available in your draft....well if you are ok taking Brees and or maybe the next 2 or 3 QB's maybe you can gamble.....but what if QB's are more coveted in the other draft and a few more are gone at the time of your pick and maybe it drops you into the next tier or something.....the 5 spot bump may not be worth it later, especially that late....

but if you are not really targeting certain guys and are just going BPA it doesn't really matter.....but if you want Brees, with such a small bump, you might be better off standing pat and just pulling the trigger on him....no biggie

Folks are more eager to trade when the pick is OTC. Since E has not started, I am not surprised that you got little interest.

bronc...yeah you would be totally speculating how the draft might go in the one that hasn't started yet.....while you would think they pretty much go the same, you never know with people trading in and out of some of the ones that haven't started yet.....basically let's just say with what you already have (I have no idea) that maybe you wanted to add QB (say Brees) and he is still available in your draft....well if you are ok taking Brees and or maybe the next 2 or 3 QB's maybe you can gamble.....but what if QB's are more coveted in the other draft and a few more are gone at the time of your pick and maybe it drops you into the next tier or something.....the 5 spot bump may not be worth it later, especially that late....

but if you are not really targeting certain guys and are just going BPA it doesn't really matter.....but if you want Brees, with such a small bump, you might be better off standing pat and just pulling the trigger on him....no biggie
OK I see what you are saying. Still trying to wrap my mind around these cross draft trades and seeing how they work.

Trying to learn on the fly and appreciate all the input from the vets.

Folks are more eager to trade when the pick is OTC. Since E has not started, I am not surprised that you got little interest.
I suppose I'll wait until the draft is about to start before I re-try. The chance to nab Calvin or ADP might be too much to resist for some...

Broke my cherry
:goodposting: Gets addictive moving around through drafts. One year I made like 20 trades, and owned a pick in every single draft at one point or another...picked in 7 of them.

It was a little easier with the old boards, not expecting to trade as much this year.

As others have said...not really any value moved there...but now you see how it can work

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made a few small deals so far. NOthing earth shattering though, and not as many as I normally have at this point. My squad to this point is below. Not loving my top 2 picks both from Tampa, so if someone has an equivalent player to one of them we can make work hit me up. Jackson was just too much value to me at 2.12. If not...It's not that big a deal the way this league works.

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB
2.12B WR Vincent Jackson, TB
3.01B WR Victor Cruz, NYG
5.01B RB DeMarco Murray, DAL
5.05A, 6.01E, 7.01B, 8.10B, 9.03B, 10.10B, 11.03B, 12.10B, 13.03B, 14.10B, 15.03B, 16.10B, 17.03B, 18.10B

I've made a few small deals so far. NOthing earth shattering though, and not as many as I normally have at this point. My squad to this point is below. Not loving my top 2 picks both from Tampa, so if someone has an equivalent player to one of them we can make work hit me up. Jackson was just too much value to me at 2.12. If not...It's not that big a deal the way this league works.

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB

5.05A, 6.01E, 7.01B, 8.10B, 9.03B, 10.10B, 11.03B, 12.10B, 13.03B, 14.10B, 15.03B, 16.10B, 17.03B, 18.10B
Don't recall the scoring system, but Murray seems like a steal.

BassNBrew said:
renesauz said:

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB

Don't recall the scoring system, but Murray seems like a steal.
basic PPR :) RB's somewhat depressed in these because only have to start 1, and can't start more than 2, while you can start up to 4 WRs

just got this offer. tempted to take it.

ReneSauz gives 5.5A(53)+ 16.10C(190)

625James gives 7.5A(77)+ 8.8A(92)

Only 1% on the trade calc, but not sure there's all that much drop between most of the mid 5th rounders to the mid 7th. Moving up almost 100 picks on the backend nets at least a quality backup

THOUGHTS?

Rene - I do probably pull the trigger even with the initial 16 drop. Essential help is who you get 2nd there.

I went into this with a wait on QB mantra, but I am on deck and have rostered Forte and Gronkowski. Still have my #9 pick in E and have for sure one of Rodgers or Brees along with Welker and Witten at 4.5

Thoughts?

Rene - I do probably pull the trigger even with the initial 16 drop. Essential help is who you get 2nd there.

I went into this with a wait on QB mantra, but I am on deck and have rostered Forte and Gronkowski. Still have my #9 pick in E and have for sure one of Rodgers or Brees along with Welker and Witten at 4.5

Thoughts?
Unless QBs scroing negetive points for passing yardage, lock up Brees/Rodgers.

Thoughts?
Unless QBs scroing negetive points for passing yardage, lock up Brees/Rodgers.
QB scoring not all that. 4 pt. TDs and 1 per 25. QB's like Newton still available in the mid fifth makes it tough to spend a premium pick at QB.

That said, it's hard to argue with a 4th round price tag for Rodgers or Brees.

Here is how I am shaping up...only had one offer from OTC (and it ended up falling through), and thus far, I have been happy with where guys have been falling, so...

1.11 LeSean McCoy - RB

2.02 Julio Jones - WR

3.11 Wes Welker - WR

4.02 Jason Witten - TE

I've never taken a TE that early, but with my picks coming up, there is a very good chance I did not lose a lot by going Witten.

Here is how I am shaping up...only had one offer from OTC (and it ended up falling through), and thus far, I have been happy with where guys have been falling, so...

1.11 LeSean McCoy - RB

2.02 Julio Jones - WR

3.11 Wes Welker - WR

4.02 Jason Witten - TE

I've never taken a TE that early, but with my picks coming up, there is a very good chance I did not lose a lot by going Witten.
love this start

1.11 LeSean McCoy - RB

2.02 Julio Jones - WR

3.11 Wes Welker - WR

4.02 Jason Witten - TE

love this start
Agree. This is a strong start.

1.11 LeSean McCoy - RB

2.02 Julio Jones - WR

3.11 Wes Welker - WR

4.02 Jason Witten - TE

love this start
Agree. This is a strong start.
Thanks guys...I was a little surprised both Welker and Witten were there. I may be popping in for advice when my picks come up next.

I am in the hole...thinking between D. Wilson, Steve Johnson, D-Jax and Cecil Shorts. I pick, then it goes two to another guy and I am back again...any thoughts based on my team above?

I am in the hole...thinking between D. Wilson, Steve Johnson, D-Jax and Cecil Shorts. I pick, then it goes two to another guy and I am back again...any thoughts based on my team above?
i'm not huge on Johnson or Shorts....would lean towards Wilson....

going in and taking a look at what is still available for you reminded me of something we should all remember and to pass along to the noobs...

if you are using the "manage my draft list" feature to see who is still available.....please realize that the two options at the top are to sort by "alpha" and to sort by "top performers" with top performers being based on last year's final stats......there is no "Current ADP" sort option....

so for instance....David Wilson does not show up at the top of any of the lists.....and I would assume also for a guy like Lamar Miller.....

you don't want to miss on stuff like that......

and it's may just be me, but I would maybe be sniffing James Jones with one of those picks...

eta: mostly because personally I think Cobb is being a little overvalued right now....I know they will try and get him the ball, etc....but people seem to have him as a lock for top 10 or something......some may be forgetting since Jordy was out some last year that he and Rodgers and Jones have a pretty good thing going....not sure Cobb is going to see the "dramatic increase" most are expecting....just IMO...

I would agree with Wilson. Then look at Shorts or Jones after the turn.

and it's may just be me, but I would maybe be sniffing James Jones with one of those picks...

eta: mostly because personally I think Cobb is being a little overvalued right now....I know they will try and get him the ball, etc....but people seem to have him as a lock for top 10 or something......some may be forgetting since Jordy was out some last year that he and Rodgers and Jones have a pretty good thing going....not sure Cobb is going to see the "dramatic increase" most are expecting....just IMO...
Problem with Jones is the weeks Nelson/Cobb/Finley get all the love. DJax is going to get a ton of targets in Philly this year. Should be a ppr gold mine.

Problem with Jones is the weeks Nelson/Cobb/Finley get all the love. DJax is going to get a ton of targets in Philly this year. Should be a ppr gold mine.
true... especially if Riley Cooper is starting on the other side....most of the DB's will be hanging out over by Cooper....

true... especially if Riley Cooper is starting on the other side....most of the DB's will be hanging out over by Cooper....
DJax is currently ranked #32 in the ppr WR rankings. He's finished #4 and #14 and #27 (non-ppr) in last three seasons of 14 games or more. Last year would have put him at #28 based on pro-rated numbers despite a freakish low number of TDs. Maclin is gone and Kelly likes to run a lot of plays. Other than injury, he has a high floor and the ceiling could easily be a top 5 finish. He's got the talent based on previous performance and will have the opportunity. This is the type of guy who can win a league for you.

Guys ranked around him like Brown, Shorts, Williams, Austin, Bolden, Johnson have no shot at a top five finish this year.

I am three picks away in Draft C. It is currently at pick 54 and I have 56. Just wanted to share with everyone because again there is some value that might be available.

Brady who has gone at 47 and 57 is available, this league has drafted only 5 QBs thus far. Not huge, but decent.

Just put that out there if someone on FBG team is interested in Brady and might want to shoot me a trade offer. My pick will likely not come up till tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the advice everyone...did get Wilson and decided to go with D-Jax...feeling pretty confident he'll get a good deal of balls. Shorts went before my pick, and Jennings and Stevie Johnson went right after...basically what I thought would happen. After that group, according to FBG rankings, you are left with a tier of Mike Williams, Blackmon, Boldin and Britt and that seems like a bit of a drop to me (maybe not MW).

Just make a mental note, there may be a little drop after early 6th in WRs...and you may want to nab your third WR by then.

Team Sweet Love:

QB:

RB: LeSean McCoy, David Wilson

WR: Julio Jones, Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson

TE: Jason Witten

BassNBrew said:

DJax is currently ranked #32 in the ppr WR rankings. He's finished #4 and #14 and #27 (non-ppr) in last three seasons of 14 games or more. Last year would have put him at #28 based on pro-rated numbers despite a freakish low number of TDs. Maclin is gone and Kelly likes to run a lot of plays. Other than injury, he has a high floor and the ceiling could easily be a top 5 finish. He's got the talent based on previous performance and will have the opportunity. This is the type of guy who can win a league for you.

Guys ranked around him like Brown, Shorts, Williams, Austin, Bolden, Johnson have no shot at a top five finish this year.
my comment about the db's being on cooper's side was a poor attempt at humor....meaning they would all be over there so they could get a shot at him....

BassNBrew said:

my comment about the db's being on cooper's side was a poor attempt at humor....meaning they would all be over there so they could get a shot at him....
I understood. Just tossing out some thoughts about DJax for you guys to mull over.

Just for giggles I went back and looked at my roster from 2007 that won this league. Started the following QBs during the year...Young, Losman, Garrard, Carr.

Team Holloway thus far

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

6.5C(65) Miles Austin WR32

6.6A (66) David Wilson RB24

May have overdone the running backs, but all three seemed like value picks over the available wide receivers at the time. Will definitely be looking for depth at wide receiver and tight end in my upcoming picks.

If someone on our team has excess wide receivers and needs a running back, we might want to discuss that #9 pick upcoming likely on Monday. In the first three drafts the ADP at the end of round one was as follows:

8) CJ Spiller

9) AJ Green

10) Marshall

11) Julio Jones

12) Richardson

13) McCoy

14) D. Thomas

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR

6.01E, 7.05A, 8.08A, 8.10B, 9.03B, 10.10B, 11.03B, 12.10B, 13.03B, 14.10B, 15.03B, 17.03B, 18.10B

Had planned to snag a QB at 7.01, but there was a big run on QBs in the late 6th, and wasn't spending an early 7 on Wilson, Dalton, or Eli. Still have that 6.1E I can maybe grab a decent starter with.

Meanwhile, Olsen seemed a decent value at that spot.

7.05A will go to a wr most likely....Britt or Emmanuel Sanders? Austin and Hilton are other possibilities

Made a move back a few picks

From Millworkguy 8.2C and 9.8A
for Renesauz 7.5A and 11.3B

fully expect to get one of those WRs at 8.2C

Users who are viewing this thread