What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Eifert, TE (JAC) (2 Viewers)

Yep count me in for playing Doyle this week and then next to cover Eiffert's bye. Then I'll run with Eiffert the whole way after that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is that he's not even listed on the injury report this week. I'm rolling with him over Fleener at Seattle.

I back tracked and started him when I saw Uzomah was inactive. Hope it wasn't a mistake. He just needs 3 receptions for 3 yards and 3 tds. Is that too much to ask?

He's looking good out there today not looking good on my bench. Fleener better produce today.

Tex

Fullly practiced, off injury report.  Nothing saying he would be limited.  Not sure why you wouldn't have started him this week.  Especially if you drafted him and have been waiting all year like I have...

Fullly practiced, off injury report.  Nothing saying he would be limited.  Not sure why you wouldn't have started him this week.  Especially if you drafted him and have been waiting all year like I have...
Not sure either bro. Maybe I'll get lucky with Kelce.

He's been my #1 TE in dynasty for a long time.......I tried to get him but couldn't get a deal done.....

I get why people didn't start him. I was wary of him too. Full practice doesn't mean full role when you've missed so much time. Plus, this game profiled as a running game for the Bengals. Like I said before though, seeing Uzomah inactive sealed it for me. If they were ready for him to be one of the 2 active TEs, his role was going to be near full.

Man do i wish i started him

I get why people didn't start him. I was wary of him too. Full practice doesn't mean full role when you've missed so much time. Plus, this game profiled as a running game for the Bengals. Like I said before though, seeing Uzomah inactive sealed it for me. If they were ready for him to be one of the 2 active TEs, his role was going to be near full.
Yep, I started him but more due to need than belief that he'd do well.  Might be my best waiver pickup in years. 

Local beat reporters said to expect a full role on friday.  Then with the healthy scratch of Uzoma yeah that equals full work load.  Started in one and sat in one for Jack Freaking Doyle.  I was out and about and missed the healthy scratch report or i would have sat Doyle.

This is your 2nd half season winner, not some scrub RB.  

#1 TE ROS, I would not be surprised.  Those targets that left town (Jones/Sanu) are still available, and Eiert is still a matchup nightmare.  

Must start every week. He is going to get all the red zone targets he can handle. No one else on that team besides Green can do anything in or near the end zone. 

Must start every week. He is going to get all the red zone targets he can handle. No one else on that team besides Green can do anything in or near the end zone. 
Green and Eiffert could be getting 10+ targets a week. 

BigBlue_RI said:
Except next week. Damn byes. One more week of starting Kelce and holding my nose.

weird this wasn't the post I was quoting...
I have both and sat Eifert until he got more involved. Holy Cow!!! 

Thankfully Kelce got me the exact same points.  I like Eifert the rest of the way and will trade Kelce. 

Thankfully Kelce got me the exact same points.  I like Eifert the rest of the way and will trade Kelce. 
Same here ... may be starting them both on the occasional flex issue.

I might be flexing Kelce, but I don't want to get too excited about Sunday. Games even a fraction like that have been too few with him.

So what's the consensus here.  Is Green's injury a killer for Eifert as the defense will pay him more attention, or does he get force fed the ball now?

So what's the consensus here.  Is Green's injury a killer for Eifert as the defense will pay him more attention, or does he get force fed the ball now?
Don't forget no Gio either. Those dump offs to Gio have to go somewhere too. Think Eifert will see a nice increase of targets.

Don't forget no Gio either. Those dump offs to Gio have to go somewhere too. Think Eifert will see a nice increase of targets.
IMO RB targets will remain at a similar level, targets for Hill and Burkhead will go up. Green's absence will likely increase Eifert's targets, though.

Torn on him as well.  Balty's been a tough matchup on TE's. That and I'm a having a hard time seeing Cincy move the ball. So leaning towards sitting him as I have other options.  But not confident in the decision b/c as you say could get a lot of targets.

I'm just rolling him out -- waited too long for him to produce --  I sat Dez last week vs. Ravens and that was a mistake; I know this is different, but they are below middle of pack in giving up passing TD's ~2 per game 

Missed second straight day off practice. Now I'm concerned. Grabbed Clay off the waivers and looking at H. Henry as well.
Just grabbed Henry.  Hopefully we have clarity by Saturday AM...

ETA:  Looks like Eifert played every offense snap on Sunday.  I'm not sure when the injury happened, but he didn't miss a snap.  Makes me feel a little better...thinking they are just resting him and he'll practice in full tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread