Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
austinball

DeSean Jackson

On 10/26/2019 at 8:50 AM, rockaction said:

On another subject, what are you looking for when you draft DJAX? I'm not condemning, it just would never cross my mind. Boom/bust, oft-inured, huge variance, I don't play leagues that get return points, etc.

Fire away. 

I've long long since cut him, but I imagined week 1 happening every 3-4 weeks or so, with one dud and 1-2 serviceable weeks in between as my last-pick WR3 'while he lasts' type player. I was spot on, except that he lasted just one week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Desean may be on a lot of FF championship teams... Sure, he maybe could have hobbled through his injury a few weeks ago but he didn't. Does it suck for those who drafted and held him? Of course.

But FF is a LONG season and its a week by week game. Look at the Eagles playoff schedule. 

Week 14: Giants at home

Week 15: @ Washington 

Week 16: Dallas at home

And if you need to get in: he plays @ Miami in week 13.

If he is on the field he will be a top 20 guy those 4 weeks.... and I just got him off my wire for free while guys like Ty Johnson went for 20-30% of our budget

• Like 2

7 hours ago, packer_junkie said:

I think Desean may be on a lot of FF championship teams... Sure, he maybe could have hobbled through his injury a few weeks ago but he didn't. Does it suck for those who drafted and held him? Of course.

But FF is a LONG season and its a week by week game. Look at the Eagles playoff schedule. 

Week 14: Giants at home

Week 15: @ Washington 

Week 16: Dallas at home

And if you need to get in: he plays @ Miami in week 13.

If he is on the field he will be a top 20 guy those 4 weeks.... and I just got him off my wire for free while guys like Ty Johnson went for 20-30% of our budget

Great post! I’ve been looking at this for weeks and hoping he’s able to play at close to full strength to close out the year 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is expected to play in Week 9 against the Bears.

It's the first time Jackson will be available for the Eagles since Week 2. Opposing defenses have adjusted to Philadelphia's offense with ease the past month, most recently double-teaming and/or sticking their best corner on Zach Ertz and forcing Carson Wentz to look elsewhere. Jackson's ability to take the top off of secondaries should open up the field for all as early as Sunday against the Bears. He's an immediate WR3 whereas both Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins should be downgraded with the Eagles presumably continuing to run a league-high rate of two tight end sets featuring Dallas Goedert and Ertz.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 3, 2019, 12:05 AM ET

• Like 1

Rolling with him. No choice 

Eagles coach Doug Pederson expects DeSean Jackson (abdomen) to be "good in a couple of weeks."

Jackson aggravated his strained abdomen, an injury that had kept him out since Week 2, in his return Sunday against the Bears. Luckily, Pederson only sees it as a minor setback and expects Jackson back after the team's Week 10 bye. "He had a moment there where he said he felt something and so we took him in for really precautionary reasons," said the Eagles head coach. "Everything, what I heard after the game, checked out good." The bye comes at an opportune time for Philadelphia with Jackson and fellow receiver Alshon Jeffery (ankle) both nursing injuries. The Eagles' next game will come against the Patriots in Week 11.

SOURCE: WIP 94 Philadelphia

Nov 4, 2019, 9:20 AM ET

On 7/28/2019 at 3:21 AM, jm192 said:

He's really interesting to me.  

He had 41 774 and 4 in 12 games last year.  Extrapolates to 54 catches, 1032 yards and ~5 TD's.  While the TB QB's produced, I think we can all agree Wentz represents an upgrade.  I genuintely won't be surprised if Jackson winds up with 1,000 yards in 2019.  With an ADP of ~150, he represents one heck of a value pick.  

little did we know we should have been extrapolating down to 1 or two full games.

• Like 1

Should have just had the surgery back when it happened.  It wouldn't surprise me at this point if he gives it a go after the bye, still can't play, and THEN elects to have the surgery. Such a bad move to extend him for 3 years before the season even began.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is undergoing second and third opinions following his early exit in Week 9's win over the Bears.

"Until we gather this information we're going to get, I'm not going to speculate," Pederson said on Jackson's Week 11 availability. He also said he has "no regrets about putting him out there" one week before Philadelphia's bye. Jackson was in on four snaps before feeling discomfort and didn't play a single down after. Even with a full two weeks to heal, there's clearly no guarantee the 32-year-old returns for the Eagles this season. Alshon Jeffery (ankle) and Nelson Agholor will continue playing in Jackson's stead.

SOURCE: Reuben Frank on Twitter

Nov 4, 2019, 12:09 PM ET

Having surgery tomorrow for a core muscle injury. Seems his season is likely over per Ian Rapoport

4 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

Should have just had the surgery back when it happened.  It wouldn't surprise me at this point if he gives it a go after the bye, still can't play, and THEN elects to have the surgery. Such a bad move to extend him for 3 years before the season even began.

yep

22 minutes ago, whole-show said:

Having surgery tomorrow for a core muscle injury. Seems his season is likely over per Ian Rapoport

:doh: 

Even though I have Wentz, I cut him because there is always another wr on the wire.

44 minutes ago, whole-show said:

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeSean Jackson (core muscle) is unlikely to play again this season.

D-Jax is expected to have surgery on Tuesday. The Eagles aren't expected to have one of the league's premiere field-stretching WRs for the rest of 2019. Mack Hollins will continue to serve as the offense's No. 3 WR behind Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor, but backup TE Dallas Goedert has basically taken Jackson's spot as the offense's No. 3 pass-game option behind Jeffery and Zach Ertz. The Eagles will take on the Patriots in Week 11 following their bye.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Nov 4, 2019, 3:38 PM ET

Eagles placed DeSean Jackson (core muscle surgery) on injured reserve.

The move functionally ends Jackson's age-32 season, as the earliest he could return is the Divisional Round. Jackson played only one full game all year, though he went nuts for 8/154/2. His speed should still play in 2020, where he's under contract for $8.2 million in Philadelphia. He should be back at that price for a team that's been missing a viable deep threat for several years running.

Nov 5, 2019, 4:34 PM ET