What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (1 Viewer)

Hopefully it at least taps into a similar audience that might leave the channel rather than find something else.

I'm also a DVR and watch later person.  I wonder if there are some types of shows that the audience is more likely to do that, and so it could end up hurting the ratings,  I could see sci-fi show audiences being at the top of the list of using technology more like that.  I frequently wait until a season is over and then binge-watch.
Genre shows like sci-fi generally are DVR'ed more as you'd expect. For a long time they refused to acknowledge that in ratings which hurt a lot of shows 5~10 years ago. But now there are multiple ratings that are reviewed, I think they are Live Plus Same Day, Live Plus Three Days and Live Plus Seven Days. Obviously Live plus Same Day probably gets greater weighting than the others, but at least they consider the others now.

Honestly there are very things I watch Live anymore and I am sure I am not in the minority. Even if I am watching something right that minute and a show I record comes on, I let it record and then switch over later to fast forward through the commercials.

Last edited by a moderator:
They really need to get back to syncing this up with the movie side of the MCU.

But what do I know?  I think they never should have dropped Agent Carter.
Hoping she shows back up again in Ant-Man & the Wasp and in Captain Marvel, hopefully in flashbacks from a few decades ago and not in the old lady makeup.

Thought the 1st episode was awesome. The 2nd part of the premier not as much but still good. So much for tying in with the rest of the MCU though. Ratings were up a little bit from the end of last year, so that's good, especially considering the move to Friday.

Thought the 1st episode was awesome. The 2nd part of the premier not as much but still good. So much for tying in with the rest of the MCU though. Ratings were up a little bit from the end of last year, so that's good, especially considering the move to Friday.
Yeah it's almost like they're putting it on the sidelines just to avoid interfering with the MCU.  What a huge missed opportunity.  The comics were a symphony of crossover stories.  This is disappointing.

I liked it a lot and thought with the bad guys that it tied in with where I assume the Infinity Wars will go. Yes, I do know why you guys think it’s not tied in but I think they’ll get back so to speak. Don’t want to spoil the premiere but I’ll definitely keep watching. It was really solid. 

stbugs said:
I liked it a lot and thought with the bad guys that it tied in with where I assume the Infinity Wars will go. Yes, I do know why you guys think it’s not tied in but I think they’ll get back so to speak. Don’t want to spoil the premiere but I’ll definitely keep watching. It was really solid. 
I think they could definitely tie it in if they wanted.  For example...

They could hold back revealing the cataclysm, and then Infinity Wars comes out, and they end up having something in the Infinity Wars aftermath having led to the cataclysm in what would be current time.  Thanos and the Kree being an obvious opportunity for a tie in.

Nailed half of it anyway.  

We've already seen one Kree artifact that had windows of time during which it was open and closed... the monolith that took them to the other planet. Could be another Kree portal they are referring to, which could make sense with the Inhuman city.
Though wrong destination.

Loved all 2 hours of it. The cast of characters is really strong, and we didnt even get any Fitz.

oh, and Simmons  :wub:

Thought the future space thing would suck but this episode was phenomenal.

616 lol

Enjoyed finally seeing Fitzy back on the show.

Noticed something about the military base:

They had 3 crates in the warehouse that had the Nazi eagle on them and the word "Wehrmacht" on one side of it.  A crate top right, and then two right above the crate with Enoch's pod.   With the behavior of the woman shooting her subordinates, the fact they are stockpiling SHIELD materials, and those boxes which are probably captured WWII Hydra booty, I'm wondering if this could end up being Hydra once again rearing a head.  Also possible they are just the crates that were shown getting boxed up a few seasons back.

I was thinking they should expand on what we see of the Kree culture.  Like maybe give us some background on the various facial colorings... is that simply random genetics or is it intentional and does it denote something? And some explanation of the black muddy makeup they wear around their eyes, does it denote something or is it simply fashion?

And they should really give the Kree their own distinct language and a few words they use a lot so we gain some familiarity with the language. Like they could have a word the leaders use with underlings which loosely means 'attention', 'listen up', 'concentrate'.  

They could use something like, oh, maybe "jaffa" for instance. So then whenever they want a Kree underling to listen to them, they could say, "Kree, jaffa!"

They could use something like, oh, maybe "jaffa" for instance. So then whenever they want a Kree underling to listen to them, they could say, "Kree, jaffa!"
Sounds like they'd be ordering a strong coffee at Starbucks. 

"I'll have the grande kree Jaffa, black"

So.... I'm really behind so I haven't read any posts.  For whatever reason, the Ghost Rider angle didn't capture my attention last year so I dropped it after 3 episodes.  Last weekend I picked it back up on Netflix and watched the whole season, I really liked it.  Now I have to catch up on Season 5, which I've heard good things about.

I was thinking they should expand on what we see of the Kree culture.  Like maybe give us some background on the various facial colorings... is that simply random genetics or is it intentional and does it denote something? And some explanation of the black muddy makeup they wear around their eyes, does it denote something or is it simply fashion?

And they should really give the Kree their own distinct language and a few words they use a lot so we gain some familiarity with the language. Like they could have a word the leaders use with underlings which loosely means 'attention', 'listen up', 'concentrate'.  

I miss that show. I know a lot of people didn't like the direction it took with the Ori in the last two seasons but I really enjoyed that storyline.

Really liking this season, but eager for them to get back to their timeline and unravel the mystery. Still early but there is already talk of renewal for a season 6.

I miss that show. I know a lot of people didn't like the direction it took with the Ori in the last two seasons but I really enjoyed that storyline.
Yes, I've been rewatching it the last couple of weeks. Just starting season 5.  Have the DVDs, but it is also streaming on Hulu at present.  Free one month trial if you don't have it and want to give it another watch.

Solid return. 

Honestly, when do we see Yoyo's arms again? No flashbacks or whatever. I bet she gets arms back somehow by the end of the season.

Agreed, strong 100th episode. Liked the cameo's plus the callbacks to past episodes.

Also the reveal of Deke's (grand)parentage.

strykerpks said:
I can't be the only one who thought Fitz's biggest fear is marriage can I? :lmao:
My biggest fear was they were somehow going to shoehorn Ward in as someone's greatest fear just to fit him in the episode!

Hellooooooooooooo Graviton!

He really looks the part, too.
how do you think the show is going to handle the issue from Infinity War

half of the planet dying

They made a light reference to what was happening in NY but that would be a shame if that is all they do.

half of the planet dying

They made a light reference to what was happening in NY but that would be a shame if that is all they do.
I was hoping they'd address it fully. 

half the team disappear including Fitz or Simmons and grandson. Coulson or may, etc.

half the team disappear including Fitz or Simmons and grandson. Coulson or may, etc.
I am sure this is going to be hard on the writers.  There is a chance the show is done this season.  There are only three episodes left, they have not been renewed and they released the name of the season/series finale to be "The End".

They couldn’t address it fully without spoiling Infinity War for the millions of people who haven’t seen it yet. 

They couldn’t address it fully without spoiling Infinity War for the millions of people who haven’t seen it yet. 
Yeah, that's the rub. They could address New York easily but this would be difficult. With 3 episodes left it's unlikely they address it more. But they could imply things without them even knowing what happened. 

Yeah, that's the rub. They could address New York easily but this would be difficult. With 3 episodes left it's unlikely they address it more. But they could imply things without them even knowing what happened. 
that's the rock and hard place.  The show had immediate effects from Cap 2.  But I doubt the writers want to end the show with

half the cast gone
especially given the tone of the show for the last 5 years.

I almost wish they were still in the future, it might have been easier on the writers to work around this...

that's the rock and hard place.  

The show had immediate effects from Cap 2.  But I doubt the writers want to end the show with half the cast gone especially given the tone of the show for the last 5 years.

I almost wish they were still in the future, it might have been easier on the writers to work around this...
I would suggest putting in spoilers the portion of your post that I put in spoilers. 

half of the planet dying

That was pathetic. Disney/Marvel really need to get their act together on this. It's a far cry from the awesomeness that was the Winter Soldier movie release, which was the best integration we could have hoped for. 

Now we have an end credit scene in Infinity War where Nick Fury finally shows up again, apparently in charge? With no explanation or even reference in the show to such a significant revelation?

If they're in an alternate universe they need to get to `splainin. Very disappointing imo. 

That was pathetic. Disney/Marvel really need to get their act together on this. It's a far cry from the awesomeness that was the Winter Soldier movie release, which was the best integration we could have hoped for. 

Now we have an end credit scene in Infinity War where Nick Fury finally shows up again, apparently in charge? With no explanation or even reference in the show to such a significant revelation?

If they're in an alternate universe they need to get to `splainin. Very disappointing imo. 

Fury leaves at the end of Cap 2 but he is clearly back in Avengers 2 as he had a decent size role leading the helicarrier to help out Sakovia

Users who are viewing this thread