What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (3 Viewers)

One thing - why do some characters (Daisy’s sister) go from basically good people to evil people after a single conversation? She doesn’t want to lose control and hurt people and Nathaniel says “yes you do” and suddenly she’s all in.
There was a little backstory. There had been multiple escape attempts, they indicated she had been struggling for a while. But yeah, they just don't have time.

There was a little backstory. There had been multiple escape attempts, they indicated she had been struggling for a while. But yeah, they just don't have time.
She tried to escape multiple times, but they said that she was out to harm herself.  She was just about to kill herself when Nathaniel pops up out of nowhere at exactly the right time to stop her.  They had her locked up to protect her from herself.

One thing - why do some characters (Daisy’s sister) go from basically good people to evil people after a single conversation? She doesn’t want to lose control and hurt people and Nathaniel says “yes you do” and suddenly she’s all in.

She tried to escape multiple times, but they said that she was out to harm herself.  She was just about to kill herself when Nathaniel pops up out of nowhere at exactly the right time to stop her.  They had her locked up to protect her from herself.
Isn't that a pretty standard storytelling technique in TV?  Don't have time for a full drawn out character arc, so the assumption is she hates being locked up, sees it as being held against her will, no one likes her then boom, someone says what she wants to hear and off she goes.  

Now we get to see if Shield is following the back to the future model of time travel, or Endgame's time heist model...

Isn't that a pretty standard storytelling technique in TV?  Don't have time for a full drawn out character arc, so the assumption is she hates being locked up, sees it as being held against her will, no one likes her then boom, someone says what she wants to hear and off she goes.  

Now we get to see if Shield is following the back to the future model of time travel, or Endgame's time heist model...
It might be standard, but it would be a lot better if the reason she was locked up was because she was really malevolent and already looking to destroy things.

It might be standard, but it would be a lot better if the reason she was locked up was because she was really malevolent and already looking to destroy things.
Didn't really bother me. She was mentally unstable and was about to kill herself. She knew that some of the people there wanted to kill her, like the knife trick guy. I don't think it's outlandish to think that someone who "likes" her abilities and her would be able to turn her quickly. Seems like going from outcast who people want dead to right hand man someone admires is pretty powerful.

Anyway, it's been a great season. Looking forward to the end, well not actually ending, but I'll enjoy it.

Ready for the 2 hour series finale?

and their spin off: "The Man Out of Time and Quake"
I'd watch that show.

Ant-Man was on this weekend.  After watching the end of the last episode of Shield, then the beginning of Ant-Man, both showing the Triscillian....

I’ve been loving this entire season, with the sole exception of Sousa. That guy seems pretty much worthless. I’m sure he’ll end up playing the hero in the finale. 

Enjoyed the last season and finale. The show had a lot of ups and downs but I think it went out on a high note, and I always enjoyed the main cast. I'll particularly miss Fitz and Simmons, love those characters and am happy they resolved their story the way they did. 

We also very much enjoyed the last season.  This show won't break into my top 10 or anything like that but it was a fun 7 year ride watching.

I did have one question about the final:

If Mailk took Kora's power, why did she still have her power after they took her out of the chair?  Is it more of a copying of power instead of taking the power? [/quote]

We also very much enjoyed the last season.  This show won't break into my top 10 or anything like that but it was a fun 7 year ride watching.

I did have one question about the final:

If Mailk took Kora's power, why did she still have her power after they took her out of the chair?  Is it more of a copying of power instead of taking the power?
[/QUOTE]

copied the power. Gordon still had his but was just really weak. Jiyang kept her power as well after Whitehall copied it and there was a reference that that was how Malik learned how to do it.

Great show and great season to end it. Loved the start and somewhere in the middle it lost a bit but the last few seasons it got the traction back and was fun to watch again.

I’ve been loving this entire season, with the sole exception of Sousa. That guy seems pretty much worthless. I’m sure he’ll end up playing the hero in the finale. 
I liked Sousa a lot, but he did seem to just be along for the ride for much of the season. Hopefully he, Daisy and Kora get on SWORD and he plays a more meaningful role.

I liked Sousa a lot, but he did seem to just be along for the ride for much of the season. Hopefully he, Daisy and Kora get on SWORD and he plays a more meaningful role.
I liked him a lot too and didn’t have an issue with it but maybe because I’d seen him on Agent Carter and liked him there. There just wasn’t enough time to give him a ton to do or develop him a lot. But I think we got to see more of that in the final few episodes, him making fun of the name “Quake” had me cracking up. 🤣

Obviously it was a great story, but why is it that Fitz couldn't have stayed with Simmons while their daughter was protected? Are we going with the Dr strange logic of "it was the only way"?

Obviously it was a great story, but why is it that Fitz couldn't have stayed with Simmons while their daughter was protected? Are we going with the Dr strange logic of "it was the only way"?
That’s what I got from it. Fitz was studying the time streams and found “the way”.

DaVinci said:
That’s what I got from it. Fitz was studying the time streams and found “the way”.
Fitz went into the containment chamber and then Simmons left with the Zephyr to start chasing the Chronicoms through time. Call that time A. Then he shows up at the bar after SHIELD had been destroyed and everything looked lost. Call that time B. Back at A, there was the bright light coming from inside the chamber. That was Fitz being pulled from that timeline through the Quantum Realm to the bar at point B. Simmons and the rest of the team spent the whole season getting from A to B, but for Fitz it was instantaneous. But him going from A to B was the key for getting them back from B to A. Simmons and the rest went the long way around so that they could get what they needed to defeat the Chronicoms. Fitz had to make the trip through the Quantum Realm, called by Simmons using the device Enoch had left in pieces, to map the way back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, great ending. But why did Deke have to stay behind?  There was a whole room full of Shield agents from that time line. One of them couldn’t handle the power grid deal?

Great, great ending. But why did Deke have to stay behind?  There was a whole room full of Shield agents from that time line. One of them couldn’t handle the power grid deal?
Deke realized in an earlier episode he really dug the 80s, so he 'volunteered' to live where he wanted to be. 

Yeah...once he realized he was never gonna land daisy... staying in the 80's as a rock God looked pretty good.

Solid move

Yeah...once he realized he was never gonna land daisy... staying in the 80's as a rock God looked pretty good.

Solid move
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess my question isn’t about why Deke stayed behind so much as why anyone had to stay behind. Sousa was the first to volunteer. And only then did Deke step in.   But again, you’re in a room full of Agents who are all staying in that timeline. That just bugged me because it was played as a sacrifice by Deke, even though it appeared completely unnecessary. But that’s a minor thing in an otherwise great series finale. 

Loved the way the series ended. After watching the finale, considered going back and rewatching the first few seasons.  Some good call backs and finally a tie in to Endgame.

Deke gets 2 of his 3 wishes by staying.  80s Rock God and head of Shield, just no Daisy.

Hope to see Daisy, Coulson and Ghost Rider come back in future movies or series (Daisy meeting up with Fury in space would be great).

There were rumors she would be in a spin off right after she left the show. Nothing ever came of it.
They filmed a pilot but ABC passed on the show. Instead they focused on Damage Control which was to be a half hour Marvel comedy, but it got killed at some point early on too.

Loved the way the series ended. After watching the finale, considered going back and rewatching the first few seasons.  Some good call backs and finally a tie in to Endgame.

Deke gets 2 of his 3 wishes by staying.  80s Rock God and head of Shield, just no Daisy.

Hope to see Daisy, Coulson and Ghost Rider come back in future movies or series (Daisy meeting up with Fury in space would be great).
I hope they figure out how to get Coulson and some of the others back in, but not optimistic, seems to have been a big rift with the show caught in between the Marvel TV being separate from Marvel Movies stuff behind the scenes. They killed all the other tv shows and the new D+ shows are all being developed by the movies crew.

I hope they figure out how to get Coulson and some of the others back in, but not optimistic, seems to have been a big rift with the show caught in between the Marvel TV being separate from Marvel Movies stuff behind the scenes. They killed all the other tv shows and the new D+ shows are all being developed by the movies crew.
Wasn't the tv side absorbed back into the movie side so it isnt separate?  I could also see Coulson back in some minor roles.  WandaVision and Dr Strange 2 could bring him back with some time jumping or multiverses.  Even Loki may be able to include him.  

Wasn't the tv side absorbed back into the movie side so it isnt separate?  I could also see Coulson back in some minor roles.  WandaVision and Dr Strange 2 could bring him back with some time jumping or multiverses.  Even Loki may be able to include him.  
I think so yes, but it appears the movie people are calling all the shots. IDK in the case of ABC since it’s owned by Disney, but at least with Daredevil, etc. there is a time limit where the characters can’t be used until the rights revert. I think WandaVision actually finished most filming already pre-COVID, Loki & Falcon are supposedly starting back up soon. I am sure Clark Gregg and others would love to come back, just have to figure out how they would fit them in story wise.

I think so yes, but it appears the movie people are calling all the shots. IDK in the case of ABC since it’s owned by Disney, but at least with Daredevil, etc. there is a time limit where the characters can’t be used until the rights revert. I think WandaVision actually finished most filming already pre-COVID, Loki & Falcon are supposedly starting back up soon. I am sure Clark Gregg and others would love to come back, just have to figure out how they would fit them in story wise.
I believe most of the Netflix rights have reverted back now too so we could see Daredevil and Punisher in a movie.  How great would Kingpin be in a Spidey movie with Daredevil and Deadpool..... (I think the end credits to Homecoming missed a opp to have Kingpin in the background when the Vulture goes to jail).

The show did leave enough to fold them back in with Mack, Yo Yo and Daisy all still involved.  Coulson and May as well although less so.  Heck, let them figure out how to differentiate Inhumans vs Mutants.

There were rumors she would be in a spin off right after she left the show. Nothing ever came of it.
Yeah, I’m not sure she could carry a show as a lead, but I still would like to see Bobbi back as part of an ensemble. I hated the way she left the show - went out with a whimper. 

Over the weekend I went back and started re-watching S1.  Fun to see where it started, the cameos by Hill and Fury, how different all the characters were at the beginning vs the end.

Also really noticable how tied into the MCU it was at that time. A lot of references to the Avengers, talk of and cleaning up after the Battle of NY, Chitari artifacts.  Lady Sif coming up later this season.

It's a magical place.

Over the weekend I went back and started re-watching S1.  Fun to see where it started, the cameos by Hill and Fury, how different all the characters were at the beginning vs the end.

Also really noticable how tied into the MCU it was at that time. A lot of references to the Avengers, talk of and cleaning up after the Battle of NY, Chitari artifacts.  Lady Sif coming up later this season.

It's a magical place.
I’ve rewatched the back half of season 1 and most of season 2 multiple times. That stretch of episodes really holds up well. Also some of the clues with Ward’s dialogue and actions stand out more than when going thru the first time without knowing the twist.

Edit: Final Table Read, a fun watch

I haven't watched this last season yet.  I had them built up on my dvr and it crapped out.
I wasn't watching weekly because I really lost interest last season.
Is it worth the trouble for this season?

(this is asked by skipping to the last post naturally, and not reading anything after last season)

I haven't watched this last season yet.  I had them built up on my dvr and it crapped out.

(this is asked by skipping to the last post naturally, and not reading anything after last season)
I enjoyed the last season a lot more then the previous.  If you enjoyed the show as a whole, then the final season is a nice ending with a good payoff, IMO.

It was very good with the only major complaint being the absence of Fitz for most of the season (the actor had a conflict with another job.) Definitely worth watching with lots of callbacks to prior seasons and other MCU bits here and there. Probably available for streaming already.

Almost through S2 on re-watch.  Fall of Shield into the Inhumans.  Intro of Bobbi and Mack

Still love the constant references to the Avengers and MCU.  Fury showing up in the finalle to S1, couple appearances by Lady Sif.  Comments about Romanov.  Skye being taken to the "House that Banner Built" to help her after she gets her powers.  Howling Commandos gear. 

Late S2 and you get flashbacks to the fall of Shield and how the events of Winter Soldier played in other areas away from the Triscillion.  

Almost through S2 on re-watch.  Fall of Shield into the Inhumans.  Intro of Bobbi and Mack

Still love the constant references to the Avengers and MCU.  Fury showing up in the finalle to S1, couple appearances by Lady Sif.  Comments about Romanov.  Skye being taken to the "House that Banner Built" to help her after she gets her powers.  Howling Commandos gear. 

Late S2 and you get flashbacks to the fall of Shield and how the events of Winter Soldier played in other areas away from the Triscillion.  
Another couple eps last night which feed into and out of Ultron.  Shows where the Helicarrior comes from, integrates Dr List and references the Twins, aftermath of Sokovoia and powered people.

Again, I really forgot how connected to the movies the show was over the first couple seasons.

Am I the only one that heard Coulson say "Oh good, Tatooine"?
Just got through this episode again.

Looking back through this thread at some of the speculation  of what was coming, theres a lot of good answers and thoughts.  Some of it was a few seasons or a couple movies early.

Can't wait to get through S3 and into S4 with Ghostrider.

Users who are viewing this thread