What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2013 New TV Show Cancellation Contest (Maik J wins) (1 Viewer)

SCORES

Maik Jeaunz 375.65

Sarnoff 285.62

Nick Vermeil 280.92

jamny 277.24

SoCalBroncoFan 277.24

Cold Dead Hands 240.98

Bruce Dickinson 229.02

AcerFC 227.41

Corporation 158.4

Trd Ferguson 158.4

spOOfy 131.72

Fat Nick 128.52

collective 128.52

Rove! 128.52

Fennis 114.39

by_the_sea_wannabe 113.59

The Hank 113.59

Hodor 112.54

Slax 78.54

Ironside (NBC). Wednesdays at 10PM. Premieres 10/2. Odds 6:1, Bonus +12

We Are Men (CBS). Mondays at 830PM. Premieres 9/30. Odds 8:1, Bonus +6

Dads (FOX). Tuesdays at 8PM. Premieres 9/17. Odds 8:1, Bonus +6

Super Fun Night (ABC). Wednesdays at 930PM. Premieres 10/2. Odds 5:1, Bonus +15

Sean Saves the World (NBC). Thursdays at 9PM. Premieres 10/3. Odds 3:1, Bonus +21
Well, I got my first two pretty early and I am pretty sure 3 and 5 are on life support. Just have to hope Super Fun Night has horrible ratings.

Oh, and whoever mentioned CW shows as having to really suck to get cancelled, I agree with you. I am not sure if they have ever cancelled a show until the season was almost over or had finished. Its the same reason I wouldnt draft a reality show. They are going to burn off the episodes. Why let fans know beforehand? That will just cause what little audience they have to stop watching.

We've got our first casualty from the green group, ABC has canceled "Back in the Game". Beaucoup points for Quint, Rayderr, Slax, Nick Vermeil, Fat Nick, Corporation, jamny, collective, hodor, spOOfy, The Hank, and Fennis.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/33025/new-network-series-scorecard-3/

November 1, 2013 by Marc Berman in Highlights with 2 Comments
UPDATED FRESHMAN SERIES SCORECARD

Six weeks into the new television season and the latest full season renewals are for ABC sitcoms “The Goldbergs” and “Trophy Wife,” bringing the tally to nine of the 27 new shows (or one third) given 22-episode first season orders. The other seven are “Marvels Agents of “S.H.I.E.L.D.” on ABC; CBS sitcoms “Mom,” “The Millers” and “The Crazy Ones,” “The Blacklist” on NBC; and Fox comedies “Dads” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”. One show, drama “Sleepy Hollow” on Fox, has already been picked-up for next season.

“Super Fun Night” out of “Modern Family” on Wednesday, meanwhile, has been picked-up for four additional episodes, bringing the current total to 17.

The latest casualty is ABC comedy “Back in the Game,” which will air all 13-episodes out of “The Middle” on Wednesday and is expected to be replaced by the return of “Suburgatory.” “Back in the Game” is the fifth new series canceled after “Lucky 7” on ABC, “We Are Men” on CBS, and NBC’s “Ironside” and “Welcome to the Family.” That leaves 11 new series waiting word on their fates, with “Vampire Diaries” spin-off “The Originals” on The CW the most likely next renewal.

Here is the breakdown:

ABC
-“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” (Tues. 8 p.m.): full season renewal
-“The Goldbergs” (Tues. 9 p.m.): full season renewal
-“Trophy Wife” (Tues. 9:30 p.m.): full season renewal
-“Lucky 7” (Tues. 10 p.m.): canceled after two episodes; repeats of “Scandal” currently occupy the time period
-“Back in the Game” (Wed. 8:30 p.m.): canceled; will air all 13 episodes
-“Super Fun Night” (Wed. 9:30 p.m.): four additional episodes ordered
-“Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” (Thurs. 8 p.m.): sluggish two episodes in
-“Betrayal” (Sun. 10 p.m.): waiting to be canceled

CBS
-“We Are Men” (Mon. 8:30 p.m.): canceled after two episodes; “2 Broke Girls” now occupies the time period
-“Mom” (Mon. 9:30 p.m.): full season renewal
-“Hostages” (Mon. 10 p.m.): being clobbered by “The Blacklist” on NBC; could ultimately be shipped off to Saturday
-“The Millers” (Thurs. 8:30 p.m.): full season renewal
-“The Crazy Ones” (Thurs. 9 p.m.): full season renewal

NBC
-“The Blacklist” (Mon. 10 p.m.): full season renewal
-“Ironside” (Wed. 10 p.m.): canceled; final episode airing on Oct. 23
-“Welcome to the Family” (Thurs. 8:0 p.m.): canceled; final episode on Oct. 17
-“Sean Saves the World” (Thurs. 9 p.m.): anemic, but better than lead-in “Welcome to the World”
-“The Michael J. Fox Show” (Thurs. 9:30 p.m.): NBC may want to revisit that immediate 22-episode order
-“Dracula” (Fri. 10 p.m.): debuts on Oct. 25

Fox
-“Almost Human” (Mon. 8 p.m.): debuts on Nov. 4
-“Sleepy Hollow” (Mon. 9 p.m.): first new series pick-up of 2014-15
-“Dads” (Tues. 8 p.m.): full season renewal
-“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (Tues. 8:30 p.m.): full season renewal; will be paired with “New Girl” after “Super Bowl XKVII” on Sunday, Feb. 2
-“Junior Masterchef” (Fri. 8 p.m.): adequate time period filler

CW
-“The Originals” (Tues. 8 p.m.): full season episode order expected
-“The Tomorrow People” (Wed. 9 p.m.): soft out of “Arrow” and older skewing
-“Reign” (Thurs. 9 p.m.): disappointing debut out of “The Vampire Diaries” on Oct. 17
Scoring to come.

We've got our first casualty from the green group, ABC has canceled "Back in the Game". Beaucoup points for Quint, Rayderr, Slax, Nick Vermeil, Fat Nick, Corporation, jamny, collective, hodor, spOOfy, The Hank, and Fennis.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/33025/new-network-series-scorecard-3/

November 1, 2013 by Marc Berman in Highlights with 2 Comments
UPDATED FRESHMAN SERIES SCORECARD

Six weeks into the new television season and the latest full season renewals are for ABC sitcoms “The Goldbergs” and “Trophy Wife,” bringing the tally to nine of the 27 new shows (or one third) given 22-episode first season orders. The other seven are “Marvels Agents of “S.H.I.E.L.D.” on ABC; CBS sitcoms “Mom,” “The Millers” and “The Crazy Ones,” “The Blacklist” on NBC; and Fox comedies “Dads” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”. One show, drama “Sleepy Hollow” on Fox, has already been picked-up for next season.

“Super Fun Night” out of “Modern Family” on Wednesday, meanwhile, has been picked-up for four additional episodes, bringing the current total to 17.

The latest casualty is ABC comedy “Back in the Game,” which will air all 13-episodes out of “The Middle” on Wednesday and is expected to be replaced by the return of “Suburgatory.” “Back in the Game” is the fifth new series canceled after “Lucky 7” on ABC, “We Are Men” on CBS, and NBC’s “Ironside” and “Welcome to the Family.” That leaves 11 new series waiting word on their fates, with “Vampire Diaries” spin-off “The Originals” on The CW the most likely next renewal.

Here is the breakdown:

ABC

-“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” (Tues. 8 p.m.): full season renewal

-“The Goldbergs” (Tues. 9 p.m.): full season renewal

-“Trophy Wife” (Tues. 9:30 p.m.): full season renewal

-“Lucky 7” (Tues. 10 p.m.): canceled after two episodes; repeats of “Scandal” currently occupy the time period

-“Back in the Game” (Wed. 8:30 p.m.): canceled; will air all 13 episodes

-“Super Fun Night” (Wed. 9:30 p.m.): four additional episodes ordered

-“Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” (Thurs. 8 p.m.): sluggish two episodes in

-“Betrayal” (Sun. 10 p.m.): waiting to be canceled

CBS

-“We Are Men” (Mon. 8:30 p.m.): canceled after two episodes; “2 Broke Girls” now occupies the time period

-“Mom” (Mon. 9:30 p.m.): full season renewal

-“Hostages” (Mon. 10 p.m.): being clobbered by “The Blacklist” on NBC; could ultimately be shipped off to Saturday

-“The Millers” (Thurs. 8:30 p.m.): full season renewal

-“The Crazy Ones” (Thurs. 9 p.m.): full season renewal

NBC

-“The Blacklist” (Mon. 10 p.m.): full season renewal

-“Ironside” (Wed. 10 p.m.): canceled; final episode airing on Oct. 23

-“Welcome to the Family” (Thurs. 8:0 p.m.): canceled; final episode on Oct. 17

-“Sean Saves the World” (Thurs. 9 p.m.): anemic, but better than lead-in “Welcome to the World”

-“The Michael J. Fox Show” (Thurs. 9:30 p.m.): NBC may want to revisit that immediate 22-episode order

-“Dracula” (Fri. 10 p.m.): debuts on Oct. 25

Fox

-“Almost Human” (Mon. 8 p.m.): debuts on Nov. 4

-“Sleepy Hollow” (Mon. 9 p.m.): first new series pick-up of 2014-15

-“Dads” (Tues. 8 p.m.): full season renewal

-“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (Tues. 8:30 p.m.): full season renewal; will be paired with “New Girl” after “Super Bowl XKVII” on Sunday, Feb. 2

-“Junior Masterchef” (Fri. 8 p.m.): adequate time period filler

CW

-“The Originals” (Tues. 8 p.m.): full season episode order expected

-“The Tomorrow People” (Wed. 9 p.m.): soft out of “Arrow” and older skewing

-“Reign” (Thurs. 9 p.m.): disappointing debut out of “The Vampire Diaries” on Oct. 17
Scoring to come.
:popcorn:

Ya, I'm a bit behind, but I'll do the toting up soon. I don't think there have been any cancellations since "Back in the Game".

checking in for the first time...I'm crushing this!

and it's only a matter of time before that Sean show eats it too.

side note: network TV is damn awful. I watched a few episodes of both Sleepy Hollow & Blacklist, and while I liked both shows, they simply can't take the chances that cable shows can. the result is that it all feels rather safe and shiny...and vanilla. after 3 episodes of each show, I took them off the DVR because I realized that I didn't really care if I watched the show or not.

Finally had time to catch up on the cancellation of "Back in the Game"

Ranking it 3rd for 100.24 points were Quint, Slax, and spOOfy

Ranking it 4th for 86.52 points were Corporation and Hodor

Ranking it 5th for 71.12 points were Rayderr, Nick Vermeil, Fat Nick, jamny, collective, The Hank, and Fennis

SCORES
Maik Jeaunz 375.65
Nick Vermeil 352.04
jamny 348.36
Sarnoff 285.62
SoCalBroncoFan 277.24
Corporation 244.92
Cold Dead Hands 240.98
spOOfy 231.96
Bruce Dickinson 229.02
AcerFC 227.41
Fat Nick 199.64
collective 199.64
Hodor 199.06
Fennis 185.51
The Hank 184.71
Slax 178.78
Trd Ferguson 158.4
Rove! 128.52
by_the_sea_wannabe 113.59
Quint 100.24
Rayderr 71.12

Not in last place at least

Still don't think Dads has any business staying on the air. Yes, I understand the politics, but it's crap. Same with Sean, but I'm sure NBC is trying to give him time. I haven't heard anything good or bad on Super Fun Night and I don't even care to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Still don't think Dads has any business staying on the air. Yes, I understand the politics, but it's crap. Same with Sean, but I'm sure NBC is trying to give him time. I haven't heard anything good or bad on Super Fun Night and I don't even care to check it out.
Super Fun Night is horrific. Makes it apparent it was the character that was funny in Pitch Perfect, not Rebel Wilson. She attempts to hide her Aussie accent, and I don't know why, it would be funnier if she just went with it...instead it just bleeds through constantly. Really bad. Gave it 3 episodes.

Super Fun Night is horrific. Makes it apparent it was the character that was funny in Pitch Perfect, not Rebel Wilson. She attempts to hide her Aussie accent, and I don't know why, it would be funnier if she just went with it...instead it just bleeds through constantly. Really bad. Gave it 3 episodes.
Agree 100%...I watched 1 episode of Dads, and about 1/2 of an episode of SFN...both are horrible in my opinion. I can't believe SFN is still on. Every time it shows up on the DirecTV guide, my wife says, "Why the heck is that awful show still on?"

Brooklyn 99 keeps getting better. It's by far our favorite of the new shows. I figured it'd be hit or miss. Terry Crews has always been one of my favorites, so I'm glad to see it sticking around.

Also, Sarnoff, thanks for the update on this. It's got to be one of the most involved contests on the FFA. Thanks for your work.

After a hot start it looks like I'm going to finish way back in the pack. But it's all good - I'm having a blast tracking it and learning about how TV decisions are made.

The new shows I'm still watching are Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Trophy Wife. B99 right now reminds me of the second season of Parks and Rec - a good show that could be hilarious with a little fine-tuning. Beyond the obvious reason for a male viewer to be watching Trophy Wife, I realized I've had a small man-crush on Bradley Whitford for quite some time. He's fantastic.

It's been a while since we had any news, but, NBC just canceled "Sean Saves the World"
surprised it lasted so long. I think I chose it
It was my #1 choice
Sean Saves the World (NBC). Thursdays at 9PM. Premieres 10/3. Odds 3:1, Bonus +21

Mom (CBS). Mondays at 930PM. Premieres 9/23. Odds 3:1, Bonus +21

Welcome to the Family (NBC). Thursdays at 830PM. Premieres 10/3. Odds 4:1, Bonus +18

Reign (CW). Tuesdays at 830PM. Premieres 10/17. Odds 6:1, Bonus +12

October 8

It's been a while since we had any news, but, NBC just canceled "Sean Saves the World"
surprised it lasted so long. I think I chose it
It was my #1 choice

Mom (CBS). Mondays at 930PM. Premieres 9/23. Odds 3:1, Bonus +21

Welcome to the Family (NBC). Thursdays at 830PM. Premieres 10/3. Odds 4:1, Bonus +18

Reign (CW). Tuesdays at 830PM. Premieres 10/17. Odds 6:1, Bonus +12

October 8
:hifive:

1. Sean Saves the World (NBC). Thursdays at 9PM. Premieres 10/3. Odds 3:1, Bonus +21

2. Super Fun Night (ABC). Wednesdays at 930PM. Premieres 10/2. Odds 5:1, Bonus +15

2. We Are Men (CBS). Mondays at 830PM. Premieres 9/30. Odds 8:1, Bonus +6

4. Dracula (NBC). Fridays at 10PM. Premieres 10/25. Odds 6:1, Bonus +12

5. Back in the Game (ABC). Wednesdays at 830PM. Premieres 9/25. Odds 3:1, Bonus +21

SoCalBroncoFan:

I am shocked that Dads and Super Fun Night are still on.
Dads is only still on due to Seth MacFarlane being executive producer. Surprised that Super Fun Night is still on too. But apparently people really like that. It won a People's Choice award :shrug:

NBC finally called it quits on The Michael J. Fox Show.
The show wasn't terrible, just awfully formulaic. You saw every set-up and punchline coming a mile away. It seemed more of an 80's sitcom than "Family Ties". I read that NBC contractually committed to twenty-two episodes, but have only aired fifteen. Do they have to pick up the costs for the remaining shows as well as pay for the show occupying the new slot?

The show wasn't terrible, just awfully formulaic. You saw every set-up and punchline coming a mile away. It seemed more of an 80's sitcom than "Family Ties". I read that NBC contractually committed to twenty-two episodes, but have only aired fifteen. Do they have to pick up the costs for the remaining shows as well as pay for the show occupying the new slot?
I would imagine they'll owe the license fee for the unaired episodes as part of a "pay or play" deal. As far as the show replacing it, the new timeslot occupant is "Hollywood Game Night", which must cost about $73 to make an episode of.

SoCalBroncoFan:

Dads is only still on due to Seth MacFarlane being executive producer. Surprised that Super Fun Night is still on too. But apparently people really like that. It won a People's Choice award :shrug:
Super Fun Night's audience consists solely of Christos.

"Mom" has really become pretty good.

I did not want to like a Chuck Lorre CBS comedy, but I can't help it.

It's got that Lorre/CBS rhythm, but there are some genuinely compelling characters here that are played expertly by Janney and Farris.

Speaking of CBS, I was watching TV with the FIL and he flipped to "2 Broke Girls". It's really mind blowing how bad that damn show is. It would be more subtle if they flashed "JOKE" on the screen right before the most obvious, awful joke you could imagine is delivered every time.

It's got that Lorre/CBS rhythm, but there are some genuinely compelling characters here that are played expertly by Janney and Farris.
I gave that a decent shot and may have given up too early. It did have a modern day Roseanne feel to it and I've always liked Farris. There just wasn't enough I could relate to, I guess.

I do like Big Bang Theory a lot though.

Speaking of CBS, I was watching TV with the FIL and he flipped to "2 Broke Girls". It's really mind blowing how bad that damn show is. It would be more subtle if they flashed "JOKE" on the screen right before the most obvious, awful joke you could imagine is delivered every time.
Same formula as 2.5 Men and CBS has milked that show down to the bone. I haven't watched it in years but many of the CBS comedies that all seem to do well in the ratings have a simple pattern to the shows.

Agree with lots of other folks on how in the world do major networks continue to find audiences. The shows are mostly vanilla and stale.

I gave that a decent shot and may have given up too early. It did have a modern day Roseanne feel to it and I've always liked Farris. There just wasn't enough I could relate to, I guess.I do like Big Bang Theory a lot though.
I guess it's unfair to say I didn't want to like a Lorre comedy because I've already liked 2. I don't watch 2.5M and BBT anymore, but at one time I did like them both (just kind of got tired of both after a handful of seasons).

Anyway, it's worth checking out again. They are doing less stuff at the restaurant now, which is good. I think it's a pretty interesting road to go down for a comedy.

There's definitely some Roseanne-ness to it.

I gave that a decent shot and may have given up too early. It did have a modern day Roseanne feel to it and I've always liked Farris. There just wasn't enough I could relate to, I guess.

Big Bang Theory is :moneybag: ; one of the best comedies on television (2nd to Modern Family) IMHO

2 1/2 Men has been garbage since Charlie Sheen left.

Big Bang Theory is :moneybag: ; one of the best comedies on television (2nd to Modern Family) IMHO
I'm not sure if I agree but it definitely is close. BBT is really in a good groove lately and MF has fallen off a bit over the last season or two.

eta: actually, I do agree. I thought you had BBT in 1st.

2 1/2 Men has been garbage since Charlie Sheen left.
At night they 1 hour of BBT in syndicate from 7-8PM, I assume it runs similar times in many markets across the country…at the same time they have Modern Family on another station for the same hour. I like both shows a lot. I find myself switching back and forth as commercials arise and trying to watch both, kind of hard to do. I agree both are terrific shows from the major networks. Modern Family is carried by the fat gay guy who isn't actually gay, that actor cracks me the eff up. I still almost fall off the couch when I see the episode of him in the Broadway Cats outfit up in the tree.

BBT, not gonna lie, I love me some Kaley Cuoco and would eff her in middle of a fountain in the park with the entire FFA watching. They do a fantastic job of making her look even better than she is, more cleavage than you can shake a stick at with a tight body however her boobs in real life, not even close. They must pad the hell out of them and use push ups with tape.

BBT, not gonna lie, I love me some Kaley Cuoco and would eff her in middle of a fountain in the park with the entire FFA watching. They do a fantastic job of making her look even better than she is, more cleavage than you can shake a stick at with a tight body however her boobs in real life, not even close. They must pad the hell out of them and use push ups with tape.
My wife keeps trying to bring down my enthusiasm for her cleavage by telling me how they're pushed up.

I don't care, dammit!

Agree completely. I watched an episode of this show and thought whoever was pressing the "laugh track" button was confused about what funny actually is.

Love these two. I also really like Brooklyn 99. I passed on it initially, but I have watched a bunch of shows on demand and find them generally hilarious.

My wife keeps trying to bring down my enthusiasm for her cleavage by telling me how they're pushed up.

I don't care, dammit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yeb2GgWnR8

Enjoy my friend

Love these two. I also really like Brooklyn 99. I passed on it initially, but I have watched a bunch of shows on demand and find them generally hilarious.
I've been told to check out Brooklyn 99, we have it on our radar.

I catch the first minute or two of this on the DVR after HIMYM. Beyond awful.

SoCalBroncoFan:

Super Fun Night's audience consists solely of Christos.
:lmao:

I would imagine they'll owe the license fee for the unaired episodes as part of a "pay or play" deal. As far as the show replacing it, the new timeslot occupant is "Hollywood Game Night", which must cost about $73 to make an episode of.
Turns out that the MJFox show started shooting so early that all 22 episodes have already been shot & paid for by the network. So while it's off the schedule immediately, NBC will probably "burn off" the unaired episodes later in the year. Assume a lousy Saturday or Sunday night in June or July.

Users who are viewing this thread