What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** In-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

I was being serious, but thanks for the smart ### response. Britt has looked terrible this season and is experiencing knee issues two years removed from his injury. Add in that his maturity level remains infantile (see Twitter) and I think my question is legit.
Haha, sorry, yeah. Sanders and Edelman are producing but are both at best the 3rd WR on their team long term and will never be any better than that. Britt might be wasted talent, knucklehead, or staring in a bad horror movie with Brandon Lloyd next year but it's still a bet worth making, I think. If it was Wheaton and Thompkins instead, I would be whoa, probably not. But I think Sanders and Edelman lack any upside and are having their most productive days over the next few weeks. The OP sold high on them for about the only type of asset he could get for them. A really risky one that people hate.

10 teams ppr 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex(any)/idp

Traded away:

Ronnie Hillman

Got:

2014 2nd

I liked Hillman, but it was time to cut my losses, took him 1.09 in our 2012 rookie draft. But he was clogging up space on my roster with his contract and looks like it's time to let another owner worry about him. Always sucks losing a previous 1st round pick, especially after all signs were pointing up during camp, but this gives me 3 2nds in 2014, which might give me ammo to move up for another 1st or package with my 1st for an even higher one.

14 team PPR, 1.5 PPR TE

Gave:

Martellus Bennett

Got:

2014 Devy pick

2014 3rd round rookie pick

I recently traded for Julius Thomas, making Bennett expendable. If he keeps it up, the other guy probably wins. If he falls back to earth and does less with his RZ targets, this trade probably works out great for me. I just wanted to take the chance on getting a future elite prospect. Either way I think the Devy pick has more future trade value than Bennett.

14 team PPR, 1.5 PPR TE

Gave:

Martellus Bennett

Got:

2014 Devy pick

I recently traded for Julius Thomas, making Bennett expendable. If he keeps it up, the other guy probably wins. If he falls back to earth and does less with his RZ targets, this trade probably works out great for me. I just wanted to take the chance on getting a future elite prospect. Either way I think the Devy pick has more future trade value than Bennett.
I like it. Bennett is okay, but okay is easy to find. The dev pick should give you a shot at a higher ceiling player.

EBF said:
14 team PPR, 1.5 PPR TE

Gave:

Martellus Bennett

Got:

2014 Devy pick

I like it. Bennett is okay, but okay is easy to find. The dev pick should give you a shot at a higher ceiling player.
This is exactly my reasoning, and I've now got 3 2014 devy picks to use or trade. Any time I can move a non-elite TE or QB for a premium asset, I do.

12-team 40 man roster, 1.5 TEPPR

Sent:
-Mercedis Lewis TE JAX

Received:
-Jordan Reed TE WAS

Ridiculous TE stable - Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, Travis Kelce and now Jordan Reed

Last edited by a moderator:

Sent:

-Mercedis Lewis TE JAX

Received:

-Jordan Reed TE WAS

Ridiculous TE stable - Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, Travis Kelce and now Jordan Reed
What kind of moron does that trade for Lewis? He's been worthless for years even in that format.

EBF said:
14 team PPR, 1.5 PPR TE

Gave:

Martellus Bennett

Got:

2014 Devy pick

This is exactly my reasoning, and I've now got 3 2014 devy picks to use or trade. Any time I can move a non-elite TE or QB for a premium asset, I do.
I agree. That is a philosophy that I really plan to adhere to moving forward.

I wouldn't say that a random dev pick is an elite asset (outside of the top 3-4 it's a bit of a crapshoot), but it gives you a chance at drafting one. Bennett does not.

Sent:

-Mercedis Lewis TE JAX

Received:

-Jordan Reed TE WAS

What kind of moron does that trade for Lewis? He's been worthless for years even in that format.
The kind that leaves a 40 round live draft with 30 players, definitely the weakest owner he has holes everywhere and just traded imo his best prospect.

Sent:

-Mercedis Lewis TE JAX

Received:

-Jordan Reed TE WAS

The kind that leaves a 40 round live draft with 30 players, definitely the weakest owner he has holes everywhere and just traded imo his best prospect.
That's a shame for the league, but if it's a money league it's at least good for you.

Sent:

-Mercedis Lewis TE JAX

Received:

-Jordan Reed TE WAS

That's a shame for the league, but if it's a money league it's at least good for you.
I'm a degenerate gambler sir, I don't play for less than 30 cheeseburgers.

Sent:

-Mercedis Lewis TE JAX

Received:

-Jordan Reed TE WAS

I'm a degenerate gambler sir, I don't play for less than 30 cheeseburgers.
:thumbup:

12 team PPR start 10: 1 QB 2-3 RB 3-5 WR 1-3 TE 1 D/ST

Team A gets: Steve Smith

Team B gets: 2014 2nd

Team looks like a playoff team, Team B likely isn't.

Re the Britt deal.

I've got a load of startable WRs and we can only start 3. Neither of those guys would ever start and I wanted to take a chance on Britt who I still like.

I'm left with

AJG

Nelson

Blackmon

Welker

Decker

Wheaton

James Jones

Some of these trades are just godawful. I feel like they must be happening in an alternate universe or something. Either that, or some of these owners you guys are screwing over should really just find a more suitable hobby for them.

PPR

Trainwreck gave up Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB;Ogbonnaya, Chris CLE RB;Welker, Wes DEN WR

Just Win Baby gave up Cutler, Jay CHI QB;Nelson, Jordy GBP WR;Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Just Win Baby

PPR

Trainwreck gave up Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB;Ogbonnaya, Chris CLE RB;Welker, Wes DEN WR

Just Win Baby gave up Cutler, Jay CHI QB;Nelson, Jordy GBP WR;Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Just Win Baby
Omy... really?

PPR

Omy... really?
Yeah. Trainwreck is known for making terrible trades. Another weird factor here is the JWB has Brees, so both these teams might have just gotten worse.

Sebowski said:
Spin said:
Sebowski said:
PPR

Omy... really?
Yeah. Trainwreck is known for making terrible trades. Another weird factor here is the JWB has Brees, so both these teams might have just gotten worse.
Is JWB in win now mode? I like two years out of Welker over everyone he just traded - plus he can repackage Kaep.

Man I wish my league was this active with trades.

Only successfull trade so far:

Team A Gave: Aaron Rodgers

Team B Gave: Tom Brady, Demarco Murry

So far I tried trading brees for Andre Johnson with no luck and then again for Brandon Marshall with no luck. Andre owner won't move him because he loves him and Marshall owner wanted Jamaal Charles IN ADDITION to brees. Both teams are hurting at QB. Sometimes I just dont understand people

Just made 2 back to back trades in a 12 team PPR dynasty league.

First trade:

Gave: James Jones, Gates, Sudfeld, 2nd in 2014

Got: Decker, Givens, Celek, 3rd in 2014

Second trade:

Gave: DeSean

Got: Reggie Bush

I really needed a RB, but felt the first trade gave me more ammo to trade a WR.

Updated Roster:

RG3, Vick, Big Ben, Rivers

Richardson, Morris, Miller, Bush

Calvin, Fitz, Garcon, Decker, Givens, Wright, Hankerson, Sanu, Bailey

Cook, Reed, Celek

Man I wish my league was this active with trades.

Only successfull trade so far:

Team A Gave: Aaron Rodgers

Team B Gave: Tom Brady, Demarco Murry

So far I tried trading brees for Andre Johnson with no luck and then again for Brandon Marshall with no luck. Andre owner won't move him because he loves him and Marshall owner wanted Jamaal Charles IN ADDITION to brees. Both teams are hurting at QB. Sometimes I just dont understand people
Why are you trying to move Brees? Especially for a couple of old WRs.

Accidentally posted this in the off-season thread.

12 team PPR, TE premium, superflex league:

Team A gave: Ridley, Julius

Team B gave: Cam, E. Sanders

12 team PPR

Tony Romo (non playoff team 0-3 with Russell Wilson)

for

2014 1st (3-0 playoff team with Freeman/Flacco)

Arizona Cardinals, Def (Just to balance rosters I think)

12 team, .5 PPR, 2RB, 3WR, TE plus a WR/RB/TE flex

[before this weekend's games]

I gave Keenan Allen, James Jones, James Starks

I got Michael Crabtree and Kenny Stills

14 Team PPR (1.0/1.5 TE)

Gave: Charles

Got: D.Wilson, P.Harvin

My team is 1-2 and not likely to make the playoffs. We'll see if it pays off in the long run. If one of Harvin/Wilson (re)reach their potential, I think it's a fair trade. If both do, I'll be very happy in a year or two. I neither do, I'll be kicking myself.

Concept Coop said:
14 Team PPR (1.0/1.5 TE)

My team is 1-2 and not likely to make the playoffs. We'll see if it pays off in the long run. If one of Harvin/Wilson (re)reach their potential, I think it's a fair trade. If both do, I'll be very happy in a year or two. I neither do, I'll be kicking myself.
I think you could have got more. I offered that exact same deal after Harvin got hurt and I got a reject with no counter.

Concept Coop said:
14 Team PPR (1.0/1.5 TE)

I think you could have got more. I offered that exact same deal after Harvin got hurt and I got a reject with no counter.
It's funny; I sent the same deal before week 1 and got "Wilson isn't that far behind Charles. No thanks!" Harvin went just 3-4 picks after Charles in the startup draft, a few months go. Things change fast. I'm really happy about it, though.

12 team dynasty PPR

Team A rebuilding gets

Le'Veon Bell, Lamichael James and a 2014 2nd rounder

Team B contending gets

Joquie Bell, Julius Thomas, 2014 3rd and 4th rounder

12 team dynasty PPR

Team A rebuilding gets

Le'Veon Bell, Lamichael James and a 2014 2nd rounder

Team B contending gets

Joquie Bell, Julius Thomas, 2014 3rd and 4th rounder
That team will be rebuilding for a long time with trades like that

12 team dynasty PPR (1 point for RB/WR/TE)

Team offered me: (they gave)

Rod Streater

Doug Martin

for (i gave)

Marques Colston

Tavon Austin

I already have good RBs in McCoy and Lynch, but couldn't pass up getting Martin.

Rod Streater

Doug Martin

for (i gave)

Marques Colston

Tavon Austin

I already have good RBs in McCoy and Lynch, but couldn't pass up getting Martin.
Whats the starting roster situation in that league? Can you start all 3? If so this looks criminal.

Rod Streater

Doug Martin

for (i gave)

Marques Colston

Tavon Austin

Whats the starting roster situation in that league? Can you start all 3? If so this looks criminal.
QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

FLEX (RB, WR, TE)

K

D

Can start all three RBs, was happy to trade some recievers as I have Julio and Calvin.

Nothing less than a title for me in that league will be accepted.

Rod Streater

Doug Martin

for (i gave)

Marques Colston

Tavon Austin

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

FLEX (RB, WR, TE)

K

D

Can start all three RBs, was happy to trade some recievers as I have Julio and Calvin.

Nothing less than a title for me in that league will be accepted.
Sounds like more than one.

Rod Streater

Doug Martin

for (i gave)

Marques Colston

Tavon Austin

Ouch, this is terrible, and I'm a big Austin fan....

Team A gave:

Le'Veon Bell

Team B gave:

Frank Gore

Anquan Boldin
Bell easily, and I don't even really like him that much. If Gore and Boldin are the guys you're counting on to step in and make the difference in a title run, you're kidding yourself on your chances of realistically competing.

Team A gave:

Le'Veon Bell

Team B gave:

Frank Gore

Anquan Boldin
Bell easily, and I don't even really like him that much. If Gore and Boldin are the guys you're counting on to step in and make the difference in a title run, you're kidding yourself on your chances of realistically competing.
Team B is a new owner reconstructing his roster; Team A, um, is still figuring things out . . .

32 team salary cap league:

dc

Don't think any of the traded players will be kept next year with salary escalations, but it's possible.
So some one traded a 1st round pick for a 2nd and gave away Shorts' 2013 production to do so?

32 team salary cap league:

dcDon't think any of the traded players will be kept next year with salary escalations, but it's possible.
So some one traded a 1st round pick for a 2nd and gave away Shorts' 2013 production to do so?
He must think Harvin will be beneficial down the stretch.

Off to a bad start this year in a league that I won last year thanks to injuries and underperformance. Pulled the trigger on this:

Gave: TRENT

Received: D. Wilson, two x 2014 1st round picks
I'm now part of the Wilson wagon. :topcat:

Users who are viewing this thread