What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roddy White - Well, looks like he has screwed us all (2 Viewers)

Too bad there is ZERO chance Roddy will pay up. Something like this could be such a good PR thing for athletes and a positive for athletes using media like Twitter, instead of the semingly always-stupid theings it leads to.

Would LOVE to see a tweet of those tix posted to the account saying "paid in full! I'll see you before the games!"
*bumping Roddy up on the fan-fave list. Good, classy move!

Rotoworld:

The Falcons are not concerned about Roddy White's (hamstring) Week 3 status.

White didn't miss a snap in Sunday's loss. "It's not important for Roddy to practice,'' coach Mike Smith said after White sat out Tuesday's session. "We'd like for Roddy to practice, but it's all about getting Roddy ready on a short week." Even if White sits again on Wednesday, you won't have to sweat his status for Thursday's game against the Bucs.

Source: ESPN.com
Sep 16 - 4:24 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure says there's "no doubt" Roddy White (hamstring, questionable) will play Thursday night against the Bucs.

McClure has been on top of the Roddy White news all week. Although the 32-year-old hasn't practiced at all, there are no concerns about his availability for Week 3. White is a rock-solid WR2 even against Bucs LCB Alterraun Verner.

Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter

Sep 17 - 3:59 PM

Roddy is what he is. Anyone who drafted expecting him from 4 years ago will get what they deserve. He'll have a few big weeks and a few bad ones. Play the match-ups.

Handcuffing him with Wallace and Benjamin has me feeling pretty happy right now.

Roddy is what he is. Anyone who drafted expecting him from 4 years ago will get what they deserve. He'll have a few big weeks and a few bad ones. Play the match-ups.

Handcuffing him with Wallace and Benjamin has me feeling pretty happy right now.
Well, I for one am SURE glad you are happy.

To the point here, Roddy is in a huge tier of good WRs with the chance to have a very good season, some really good games, and some clunkers. Yes, he is always dealing with some injury, but when it's not really bad, he's also battled through and performed well.

Roddy is Roddy. Criminally underrated. In his prime, and now just past. But... it's just past. I'd love him as my #3, but if you have he and 2 others in that tier, then any one of them could be considered your #1, and if you are solid elsewhere, you gotta chance.

I had him last year and still took him this year. Guy is a warrior. Plus, he's over that high ankle sprain. As long as I don't see another one this year, I fully expect him to be out there.

So, what's the consensus on starting him? Rotoworld is high on him as a solid WR2 tonight and the latest FBG injury report wants to sit him. I have him in three leagues and am so conflicted.

Discuss.

ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure says there's "no doubt" Roddy White (hamstring, questionable) will play Thursday night against the Bucs.
McClure has been on top of the Roddy White news all week. Although the 32-year-old hasn't practiced at all, there are no concerns about his availability for Week 3. White is a rock-solid WR2 even against Bucs LCB Alterraun Verner. Sep 17 - 3:59 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Fantasy Live quoted a stat that White has been historically mediocre against Tampa.

I'm still going to start him over Kelvin.

Harry Douglas had two of his 3 biggest games against Tampa last year and he's on the wire. Off a bad week I think I have to get him active

Harry Douglas went for over 130 and a TD each time he played the Buccs last year for those looking to cover for White.

Harry Douglas went for over 130 and a TD each time he played the Buccs last year for those looking to cover for White.
Rolling with Harry Douglas over either Kelvin Benjamin or Reggie Bush in one league. He's guaranteed to screw you all now though, sorry.

Douglas is available in one of my leagues but it's a 1 time start and I'd be benching Sanders. Probably have to drop Romo to grab him. Not worth it

It seems like these Thursday night games are much kinder to RBs than they are WRs. With two bad defenses, you would think that wouldn't be the case tonight, but we'll see about that.

Users who are viewing this thread