What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvin Jones (2 Viewers)

Salvaging the current slight WR mess for me that is Jeremy Maclin and Brandon Marshall. Gave him his first run out yesterday and for once the fantasy gods were shining on me. In my lineup now until further notice.

Next up is the Bears as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally he might get the respect he has always deserved, but probably not. As a Bengals fan, I always thought he had this type of ability watching him play, but he always got overshadowed by Green and people thought he was JAG. 

Way WAY better than i ever imagined he would be when i grabbed him in both my leagues as a 3rd wr...hes currently outscoring both my # 1`s Julio Jones and Allen Robinson...its pick ups like this paired with the expected results of early picks that win championships ....YESSSSSSSSSSS

I've been holding onto him for several years in dynasty, and felt good about his prospects in Detroit.  I was THIS close to sitting AJ Green this week in favor of Marvin.  Wish I would have...

Good news is that I started him in two other leagues!

Crazy, I gotta trade some WRs.  He's been on my bench all year.  Guess its a good problem to have.  But can he be consistent ROS?

Crazy, I gotta trade some WRs.  He's been on my bench all year.  Guess its a good problem to have.  But can he be consistent ROS?
sure ...he`ll have a clunker now and then but hes the real deal...hes always had the potential but he was stuck behind AJ ...now hes free to be as good as he can be and its showing...he could be the steal of many FF drafts

Jones should be productive but yesterday game was an anomaly. If you watched it is was bizarre and early in the game Jones was basically uncovered a few times for sizable gains. The announcers even said "Do the Packers know Jones is flanked out to the right?? Then the 2 long plays the defender tripped or fell down while getting tangled up. and that happens.

Still I think Stafford will give Jones a few deep chances a game and hope for what happened yesterday.

Jones should be productive but yesterday game was an anomaly. If you watched it is was bizarre and early in the game Jones was basically uncovered a few times for sizable gains. The announcers even said "Do the Packers know Jones is flanked out to the right?? Then the 2 long plays the defender tripped or fell down while getting tangled up. and that happens.

Still I think Stafford will give Jones a few deep chances a game and hope for what happened yesterday.
So you're sayin' you don't think he's a lock for 2400 yards 24 TDs from here on out?

Being in a PPR league has me a little bit worried.  It will be interesting to see his production when the Lions have the lead in close games.

What a steal in drafts and what a steal for lions in FA. I'm second guessing if my flipping him for AR15 will end up being a mistake.

I do like him but this is two weeks of the packers are giving up big games to wrs. Diggs had 182/1 the week before. He's going to be good but I think we should temper expectations. Tate, Boldin and Ebron are still heavily involved, do we expect Stafford to go off for 380/3 every week?

Jones should be a good WR all year but Green Bay was missing a lot of guys yesterday in their secondary and Clay Matthews was out too.  They were a pretty weak defensive group.

I do like him but this is two weeks of the packers are giving up big games to wrs. Diggs had 182/1 the week before. He's going to be good but I think we should temper expectations. Tate, Boldin and Ebron are still heavily involved, do we expect Stafford to go off for 380/3 every week?
With a #### defense and a poor running game?  Pretty darn close. This Lions team may break records for pass attempts. 

I don't think many people are expecting 6/205/2 every week either. The main takeaway is that he is a legitimate downfield threat for a team that likes to throw the ball a ton and has intermediate(Tate) and short(Riddick) options to keep defenses honest. His workload and targets so far this year are extremely encouraging for those expecting a top 15 finish at this point, which seems likely barring injury

6-80-1 for 20 PPR points is what he should average the rest of the year IMO.  Some weeks will be more yards and no TD's.  He's a legit top 10 PPR WR 

I like how Marvin Jones goes from being "just another guy" in Cincinnati to "WR1" in Detroit.
To be fair, I saw him beginning to emerge at CIN and then he got hurt.  I dropped him and then picked him up last year in dynasty to stash.  Turning out ok.

Most Cincinnati fans saw what they had in Marvin, just like most Cincinnati players, they dont get the respect they fully deserve. 

The line was actually even funnier 

''Do the Packers know that Marvin Jones is playing for the Detroit Lions today ?''

as they played the slo mo reply of Jones taking a massive bomb all the way home. 

Marvin Jones has made the jump to a true #1 WR (top 12). Can he sustain that status? I think he can. I was targeting him the whole way... Can I start him over Allen Robinson? Probably not. Can I start him over TY Hilton? Perhaps...

Everyone take a deep breath and step away from the ledge. He still put in a limited practice. It is only Thursday so he can still play this weekend.

link

Marvin Jones' mid-week addition to the Detroit Lions' injury report appears to be much ado about nothing.

Jones, who was listed on the Lions' Thursday injury report as a limited participant because of a hamstring injury, took part in the open portion of practice today and looked like his normal self running routes and catching passes from Matthew Stafford.

Jones leads the NFL with 408 yards receiving on 18 catches and has emerged as the Lions' No. 1 receiver through three games.

He faces a favorable matchup Sunday against a Chicago Bears team that will play without top pass rushers Pernell McPhee and LaMarr Houston and cornerback Kyle Fuller.

DeAndre Levy (quad) and Ziggy Ansah (ankle) did not practice for the Lions today and are not expected to play Sunday.

Jones should be in the lineup.

Contact Dave Birkett: dbirkett@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @davebirkett.

Experts differ on who J. Norman would cover in a shadow situation this week. Projections have Jones all over the map from a great matchup to WR3/4.

What's everyone's take this week? Rolling out with confidence?

Experts differ on who J. Norman would cover in a shadow situation this week. Projections have Jones all over the map from a great matchup to WR3/4.

He's starting as my WR2 and even when he doesn't have a great game (last week 2 catches for 10 yards and 1 TD) he still gives you some value through red zone opportunities

I'm thrilled with his production so far and am undeterred in starting him against anyone. There are enough weapons on Detroit...

I don't know about "with confidence" but I'm still starting him. Glad he got the TD last week but 2 for 10 is pathetic. Hopefully he bottomed out and picks it back up again.

My guess would be Norman would be on Jones or Tate most of the time, since Boldin is more of a PPR, short routes kind of WR now, although doesn't Tate play in the slot a lot?  I would think Norman would be less likely to cover the slot guy, so he might get the assignment to cover Jones. 

Cowboysfan8 said:
I'm benching him this week for the first time all year. 

Starting Maclin

Brave of you. I have both of them as well to start in my flex. Started Maclin first two weeks, then have started Marvin ever since. Can I ask why your starting Maclin ahead of him ? Maclin has been very disappointing this season, even in games where Kansas have been playing from behind. I know they have Saints this week, but there has been little to no evidence of Maclin getting fed in this O at all.

Brave of you. I have both of them as well to start in my flex. Started Maclin first two weeks, then have started Marvin ever since. Can I ask why your starting Maclin ahead of him ? Maclin has been very disappointing this season, even in games where Kansas have been playing from behind. I know they have Saints this week, but there has been little to no evidence of Maclin getting fed in this O at all.
Jones's last 3 target totals 5,4,2

Maclin hasn't had less than 7 in a game except for last week when KC ran it down Oakland's throat.

Other than that it's just my gut for this week

Eta: Saints allowing 300 yds a game passing

Users who are viewing this thread