Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
packersfan

Eli Manning: Does Anyone Still Believe?

If Eli plays again next year, there is a decent (or greater) chance of Eli finishing his career with a losing record (in the regular season) as a starting QB. He currently is only four games over .500.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Faust said:

Interesting that they make this decision without really playing the backups.

I wanna see Tanney. The Titans spent like 8?10? years developing the guy. That's an odd age to have an inexperienced backup and yet he probably knows more than most young QBs. Should he be out of the league? Or still got promise? 

I haven't liked their drafted QBs but others do. I think the Gmen really need to at least throw the backups a game as this season closes. Do they know anything about Saquan's backups? They could really gain from treating one game like it's preseason. In the future, they probably gotta give Saquan more rest than like 3 plays per game or whatever it is. 

5-8 right? a couple wins and they could drop a bunch as to which spot they pick. I guess you can't tank in the NFL but ...I'm still stuck on "see what ya got" as this season closes.

There aren't too many players in all of sports that I dislike more than Eli, but I think he's still a better option than what some teams are trotting out at that position and has probably played well enough to be considered a legitimate starter going into next year.

He wasn't bad at all yesterday. Sure he wanted the INT back, but otherwise, the play calls stunk and he had several drops.

The Titans did an awesome job in the stud Saquan but that should have put WRs and Engram in a spot to make plays. They didn't call it like that. They had all these short routes over n over. That made the field so small and gave the Titans zero reason to stop loading the box. 

Malcolm Butler and Adoree have been burned deep this year. How can you not try to catch them sleeping? 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, Bri said:

Do they know anything about Saquan's backups?

Yes. Wayne Gallman had a decent rookie season and played well in a backup role this year. He wouldn't be a quality feature back but could be adequate for a game or two.

Agent Tom Condon believes Eli Manning will be back with the Giants in 2019.

"I think he’d love to come back," Condon said. "Guys love to play their whole careers with one team if they have a good experience with that team." Set to make $17 million including a $5 million bonus due in mid-March, Manning's return could be contingent on the veteran taking a pay cut, but Condon has yet to have those conversations with the team. Even if Manning sticks around, the Giants' No. 1 priority this offseason should be finding their quarterback of the future.

Source: New York Post 

Jan 22 - 10:18 AM