What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Silicon Valley - New Mike Judge 8-Part HBO Series (1 Viewer)

ProstheticRGK said:
Jared’s lines are getting more subtle. When they were talking to the CEO of the company they wanted to take over and he busted out with “We all know what it’s like when you have to make a decision to only save half of your family.”

oh, and Ed Chambers. Moar Ed Chambers.
I think Jared is being vastly underrated in these parts.  His references are A+.

Ok, so last season they did the whole thing where Jian Yang took advantage of California’s squatters’ rights, living in Erlich’s house for free. But now he just throws the Pied Piper team out without a fight?

Napalm Death - “You Suffer” 

:lmao:

unrelated: Keenan Feldspar walked into my tasting room late Friday night. Chatted for a few minutes, seems like a nice enough guy. He runs about 5’5” and 170lb if I had to guess. 

I have laughed out loud at a few of Jian Yang's bits this season. The court appearance was :lmao: as was the whole corpse thing.

Oh, and "the witch" reference to Gilfoy

I have laughed out loud at a few of Jian Yang's bits this season. The court appearance was :lmao: as was the whole corpse thing.

Oh, and "the witch" reference to Gilfoy
Jian Yang's voice alone cracks me up.  I still frigging love this show - the characters are so great.  I miss Erlich, but to be honest, I don't much care about the plot or whether the Pied Piper guys are "winning" or "losing" or where the story arcs go, or whether there's enough Monica.  I love the characters and their conversations and interactions.

Even the bit characters are good - LaFlamme, Russ Hanneman, etc...

Direct Candor - this is still a very good show - but, with Erlich, it was great. 

lotta room to grow on thus far, Jian Yang is making up some serious ground on the Bachman void, and the latest intrigues are compelling. 

but Dinesh and Guilfoyle are too "one note" to be so prominent, imo - liked that we saw a bit of vulnerability outta Guil in this one (painstakingly cracking the lawsuit), hopefully he's fleshed out a bit more going forward. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this guy has a screw loose.  Maybe more than one.  Seems to be exacerbated by heavy drug/alcohol use.  Maybe it's appearing on "Crashing" that's doing it to these guys.  I mean, Artie Lange was slim, sober, and a fine upstanding citizen before he did his guest spot on that show.
.... and he apparently moved outta Hoboken  :unsure:

Artie did?  Not a bad idea if you ask me.  Draper, UT would be a good place for him.  Surround him with Mormons and scones with strawberry honey butter.
yeah, if you go by "Crashing" - Artie now has a jernt in the West Village (as per the show) used to see him in Hoboken every so often, especially up at the old Molfetta Pizza on 10th & Wash.

yeah, if you go by "Crashing" - Artie now has a jernt in the West Village (as per the show) used to see him in Hoboken every so often, especially up at the old Molfetta Pizza on 10th & Wash.
I know it well.  I lived for a (very) short time in Hoboken, near Newark/Washington.  I would have died if I stayed there.

Isn't that the place that got shut down for price gouging everyone post Sandy?

Is there still an Arthur's Steakhouse in Hoboken?  Oh my, the 24 oz Delmonico was a glorious, glorious thing.  I think it was $13.95 the first time I went there too, last I heard it was something like $20.95.  Still a bargain. 

Is there still an Arthur's Steakhouse in Hoboken?  Oh my, the 24 oz Delmonico was a glorious, glorious thing.  I think it was $13.95 the first time I went there too, last I heard it was something like $20.95.  Still a bargain. 
Not sure, haven’t been in many years, but there is one two towns over from where I currently live!

Users who are viewing this thread