What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (9 Viewers)

O

Dell

Beckham

ODB FTW!
It's simply a common mistake made by a lot of people that therefore becomes a thing. They're thinking of Old Dirty ******* and it confuses them.  We've been trying to tell them for two years. Oh well.   It's obj.  And what was obj doing with  the net today???

Hard to disagree.  NFLs passing tendency now days works in his favor, but he's going to have Eli throwing him the ball for the next X years. Vs Montana, Young and Garcia 
Garcia? You do realize Eli is second in the NFL in passing. Plus, he's a two time Super Bowl champ.

He looked fantastic. But the net love is a bit excessive. It's not even funny. Quite strange actually. 

First he committed domestic abuse by slapping the net but she wasn't having that. She slapped him back on national tv and he didn't like that. Then he is seen kissing and talking to the net. Then he forces the net into reverse cowgirl position. After consummation, he proposes to the net. The proposal should have come first, no? 

He looked fantastic. But the net love is a bit excessive. It's not even funny. Quite strange actually. 

First he committed domestic abuse by slapping the net but she wasn't having that. She slapped him back on national tv and he didn't like that. Then he is seen kissing and talking to the net. Then he forces the net into reverse cowgirl position. After consummation, he proposes to the net. The proposal should have come first, no? 
Seriously though it is weird.  The makeup huh the next game when he finally gets in the end zone?  Sure I guess.  But today it got awkward. 

We must all realize that this kid is the most talented WR in the NFL. If he can control his behavior then he'll put up Rice numbers. If he does not...he'll just be a HOFer.
I was honestly confused that every site ranked AB, Julio, and OBJ in the top 3 at the same tier, with most favoring AB and Julio.

I get that AB and Julio put up better numbers last year, but OBJ wasn't that far off.  The thing that puts OBJ in his own tier for me is the fact that he can go down as the best WR in NFL history.  There is zero chance of that being true for AB and Julio.

They could all end up around the same fantasy points, and probably will, with maybe AB or Julio winning, but they certainly don't have the same ceiling if you look at it from a season-long perspective.  I don't want to miss that with OBJ when it happens.  Maybe it's not this year, but I'm drafting him #1 overall every year for the next 5 years without even flinching.

Well, that was awesome! Negative points through first half and the he goes nuclear! Look for what it's worth (and I don't wish injury on anyone) I kept Beckham over Brown in a one keeper league and other than age it was because of Eli. As much as guys rip him, he never misses time. Big Ben on the other hand....and here we are. Brown did nothing with Pitt's backups last year. At least Eli keeps rolling. 

Maybe the Evan's as number one dynasty is a good argument due to Winston's age, but Eli will be around for a few more years I would think. 

And someone one ripped me earlier for saying the kid was the best I've seen SINCE Rice. I still stand by that. 

Seriously though it is weird.  The makeup huh the next game when he finally gets in the end zone?  Sure I guess.  But today it got awkward. 
I couldn't agree more and found it a bit disturbing.  From the double or triple jump attempt to laying under the net to proposing to the net.  Stats were there and ultimately that's what makes OBJ supporters happy, but it appears clear the dude has WR prima donna issues.  

I was honestly confused that every site ranked AB, Julio, and OBJ in the top 3 at the same tier, with most favoring AB and Julio.

I get that AB and Julio put up better numbers last year, but OBJ wasn't that far off.  The thing that puts OBJ in his own tier for me is the fact that he can go down as the best WR in NFL history.  There is zero chance of that being true for AB and Julio.

They could all end up around the same fantasy points, and probably will, with maybe AB or Julio winning, but they certainly don't have the same ceiling if you look at it from a season-long perspective.  I don't want to miss that with OBJ when it happens.  Maybe it's not this year, but I'm drafting him #1 overall every year for the next 5 years without even flinching.
AB>OBJ

Tex

I was lucky enough to acquire OBJ in my dynasty league just before the packer game. Honestly, even though I'm in NJ I never really watched the guy play (jets fan). I had no idea he was so fast. Guys have the angle on him and he's just able to accelerate and blow past them...even showboating a little bit.

It's a different narrative without Big Ben though, which is always a significant risk and a serious issue for AB's value for the foreseeable future.
The same can be said about any WR. They all need a good QB throwing to them in the NFL but if we're talking about each independent athlete vs athlete on their own pedigree, AB>>OBJ.

Tex

The same can be said about any WR. They all need a good QB throwing to them in the NFL but if we're talking about each independent athlete vs athlete on their own pedigree, AB>>OBJ.

Tex
I don't disagree, but for fantasy purposes QB longevity is an important part of the formula for a WR when creating rankings/projections. Manning hasn't missed a single game since his rookie year, and the only injury I remember him suffering was an ankle injury at the end of the season in 2013. Big Ben, on the other hand, is known to be fairly injury prone. 

There's a reason why I drafted AB number one overall this year in my leagues, but I don't think the disparity between the two, for season long fantasy purposes, is as large as some may think, when factoring in the injury history of their respective QBs.

Tex
Its not quite like Big Ben level, when ya consider the results for players like Josh Gordon (IF Josh had such a Stud QB)  Theres plenty of examples of WR's who just need someone to throw them the ball..  Im sure Brown could see a bump with some backups, but hes proven time and again that Big Ben is a major piece to the puzzle.  The game changes too, I believe defenses have really focused on stopping Brown, while Pitt brings other options too..

I respect your AB>>OBJ, but I feel you must put an asterisk for any credibility   ie. *Healthy Ben, with possibly limited WR options  AB>>OBJ   Personally, I forget about such assessments, for my own beliefs..

Its not quite like Big Ben level, when ya consider the results for players like Josh Gordon (IF Josh had such a Stud QB)  Theres plenty of examples of WR's who just need someone to throw them the ball..  Im sure Brown could see a bump with some backups, but hes proven time and again that Big Ben is a major piece to the puzzle.  The game changes too, I believe defenses have really focused on stopping Brown, while Pitt brings other options too..

I respect your AB>>OBJ, but I feel you must put an asterisk for any credibility   ie. *Healthy Ben, with possibly limited WR options  AB>>OBJ   Personally, I forget about such assessments, for my own beliefs..
You make absolutely no sense... I'm trying to figure out if you are arguing that Big Ben is an elite QB or if you agree with him or what... 

"Its not quite like Big Ben level, when ya consider the results for players like Josh Gordon (IF Josh had such a Stud QB)  Theres plenty of examples of WR's who just need someone to throw them the ball.."

What? What is not quite like Big Ben level? Every WR needs someone to throw them the ball. They can't throw it to themselves

" Im sure Brown could see a bump with some backups, but hes proven time and again that Big Ben is a major piece to the puzzle."
Brown receives a bump in value with some backups? Huh? Name one backup QB in the NFL that is better than Big Ben

"I respect your AB>>OBJ, but I feel you must put an asterisk for any credibility   ie. *Healthy Ben, with possibly limited WR options  AB>>OBJ "

A healthy Ben?? The same could be said about ANY WR. Do you really think Mike Evans is the #1 dynasty WR if Mike Glennon is throwing him the ball? Do you think OBJ is in conversation for top 5 WR with Nassib?
And with limited WR options?! So you're telling me a healthy Ben with no other WR option means AB is a better option than OBJ. You do realize OBJ has a much more competitive receiving corps than AB does. And that AB has shown time and time again it doesn't matter who lining up on the other side of the field as him, he will still get his. 

I just don't understand your logic at all. Even after reading your post literally 5 times to figure it out. Then again, I never understand what you write

Last edited by a moderator:
Half the board calls him ODB.  Sorry I'll try to use the correct abbreviation next time but it doesn't take away from the fact the guy is a stud and all the pants pissers were overreacting.
Us pants pissers are now busy overrunning the Antonio Brown and Allen Robinson threads.  

Seriously though, what many of us were saying was simply that ODB wasn't the top dynasty asset, and I don't feel like it was reactionary.  The Ben injury and Bortles sucking shows how much QB matters to the top WR assets.  When Odell Beckham is 28 and Mike Evans is 27, Eli Manning will be 40 (and probably retired) and Jameis Winston will be 26.

Tex
OBJ >> AB is that's your metric, and it's not even close.

And someone one ripped me earlier for saying the kid was the best I've seen SINCE Rice. I still stand by that
You guys need to stop.  Beckham has led the league in exactly one receiving category - yards per game his rookie year.  He needed nearly 11 targets a game to get there.

In his first three years, Rice led the league in receiving yards once, in receiving TD's twice, and yards per game three times.  He scored 22 TD's in 12 games and over a third (22 out of 65) of his passes were for TD's. 

He's still behind Moss as well.

Tex

In redraft yes, in dynasty i'd side with ODB.  Couldn't argue with anyone preferring AB though.  4.5 years is big, and for stud WR's using a 3 year window is a bit foolish IMO.  The elite guys can play at a top level into their 30's.

wish you dudes/dudettes would stop trying get over the raving against each other.  It's a long season.  Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong.

I personally think Odell(owner in 3 out of 6 leagues) is a selfish prima donna who cares more about himself over the team.    Has a chance to be really great though.

We shall see.....................

If he had Jerry Rice's work ethic he would shatter everything as far as records.

we shall see.....................

Just like the "ODB" apologists waited for this game. I don't care either way but the hypocrisy in here is at an all time high. LMAO at both sides.
Actually, all along, the OBJ supporters have been saying, quite simply, relax. They have not disappeared and waited until this big game to come, then make their grand entrance to proudly announce "See,I told you so!." They've been here the entire time telling people to be patient, pointing out that, yes, OBJ has had a slow start, and yes, he needs to clear his head and just go out there and ball, but that ultimately OBJ is too good not to break out at some point; all this, while the naysayers spouted hyperbole along the lines of "he'll be out of the league before long if he doesn't grow up" or "he'll be suspended by his team for conduct detrimental to the team" or "the league has figured him out, he's too sensitive and he's no longer elite" and "blah blah blah". No, there's no hypocrisy from the OBJ supporters, unless my understanding of the concept is way off. 

He's not looking "normal" per Schefter. 

While Giants WRs are running pregame routes with Eli Manning, OBJ is working with trainer, per @JordanRaanan. OBJ doesn't look comfortable.

OBJ on field meeting with HC Ben McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese. Clearly discussing his injury and how effective he can - or can't - be.

Giants say Odell Beckham, Jr. Is officially active. Now let's see whether injury affects him. Was not a normal pregame for him.

He will be just like any other player banged up in the course of the season. Stop taking what reporters say as fact. Its their opinion and could be inaccurate. He is out there warming up and dancing around... DANCING... so if a player is dancing and someone says he doesnt look right... why is he dancing?

schefter should stick to reporting facts from insiders and stop making his own assumptions.  Anyone who uses his opinion for fantasy info is doomed.  Like the others said, if Beckham plays, you start him.  

Plus I'm sure OBJ is motivated to give the London fans a reason to cheer for Beckham again.  He won't let them down. 

Also, he had 211 yards and 2 TDs and he ran one for 75 yards to win the game after he got this injury last week. I'm not taking injuries serious anymore, unless they are serious. This is not serious as of now. Teams always want us to think they are more serious than what they are.

Plus I'm sure OBJ is motivated to give the London fans a reason to cheer for Beckham again.  He won't let them down. 
well, with the bad product the nfl consistently ships out to London, I'm kind of wondering if today was letting them down or exceeding incredibly low expectations set by the Jacksonvilles or Rams or whatever other bottom-dweller teams that have previously been sent to the UK to set the bar really really low.

or maybe his pregame dance didn't let them down.

well, with the bad product the nfl consistently ships out to London, I'm kind of wondering if today was letting them down or exceeding incredibly low expectations set by the Jacksonvilles or Rams or whatever other bottom-dweller teams that have previously been sent to the UK to set the bar really really low.

or maybe his pregame dance didn't let them down.
Between the London games and Thursday night games it's pretty apparent the nfl cares about only one thing.  Lining its pockets

2015 - 7 games

42/524/4

2016 - 7 games (includes today's game)

40/630/3

In his 8th game last year he went for 8/130/3.

Users who are viewing this thread